It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who Hates Rap? 

Do You Hate Rap Too?
dongs 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
dongs 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
dongs 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9

Who Hates Rap? 
Fails at life
Fails at life

I hate C rap. I think it is awful. It is extremly chavy (don't want to offend anyone). There not even singing. It promotes chavy lanaguage. Is It Man or I'm not trying to funny or noughin. I just wanted to know in this C rap filled world does anyone feel the same?

I LIKE IT TO MUCH HERE

I'M BACK WELL TECHNICALLY I DID NOT LEAVE SO I AM NOW NOT LEAVING

Last edited by Hyperjack123 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:07 pm
Profile YIM
it's like a baguette

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Somebody watches too much MTV.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Somebody doesn't listen to enough rap.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

BAAAAAW

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:54 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Sparrow wrote:
Somebody watches too much MTV.

Who me? Because I never watch MTV

Benjamin wrote:
Somebody doesn't listen to enough rap.

I don't want to listen toC rap.

I LIKE IT TO MUCH HERE

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:11 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How about before you generalize all rap you listen to something that's NOT about guns and bitches and hoes. Not all rap music is about that. Like how not all metal music is satanic or how all classical music is boring.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I Denmark we've got Nick & Jay.

The texts are good, but the music sucks.
So I don't know if I hate rap or I like it.

Good text... Bad music... Good text...
Nope. I can't choce good or bad.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I don't like rap. I don't really get what it is about. I listen to it when I am with my friends who like rap so my opinion will sort of matter. They know I don't like it though.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

YADJSFDJGFASJSGFAWORDSJFSNGFSJDSHJF

Try listening to some good rap, like, say Aesop Rock or Outkast or Mos Def or Strange Fruit Project, and then tell me rap sucks.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not a huge fan of mainstream rap/hip hop. But I do like artists such as Public Enemy, Deltron 3030, Del Tha Funkee Homosapein, Dr. Octagon, Slick Rick, etc.

It's unfair to say it's a crap genre because you don't like it For some people it's the only genre they'd listen to. Besides, you never know, you might find you like a particular song/album. I for one say all the time I hate emo music, but I was listening to an early album (Domestica) of an indie band I like (Cursive), and I thought "Wow, this is a really emo album", and it was, but I still like it.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:28 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Aren't people on this forum getting tired of making all of these "Rap sucks because it's sexist/racist/homophobic/violent and by the way I'm only forming this opinion based on some crappy mainstream rap song that I heard on the radio one time" threads yet? Because I'm certainly feeling deja vu.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:58 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

At least some of the last thousand topics had a semblance of neutrality on the subject. :/

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Kirke wrote:
Try listening to some good rap, like, say Aesop Rock or Outkast or Mos Def or Strange Fruit Project, and then tell me rap sucks.

rap sucks

I LIKE IT TO MUCH HERE

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hyperjack123 wrote:
Kirke wrote:

rap sucks

no u sux ur opinion is wrong

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

His opinion can't be wrong no matter how much you are kidding. He just doesn't need to say it sucks because it is immature and stupid. :/

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:25 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

gamer guy wrote:
His opinion can't be wrong no matter how much you are kidding. He just doesn't need to say it sucks because it is immature and stupid. :/

Obviously I was joking, mocking how immature he sounded.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I got it. I saw the bad grammar and I took the precautionary measure of adding the kidding part.

You have 669 post, ha.

Some of my friends who frequented rap have stopped listening to it. I ask why and they don't really know. They just guess they got tired of it.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 pm
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

Hyperjack123 wrote:
Kirke wrote:

rap sucks

I believe I was asked to tell Kirke rap sucks by himself. And no matter how immature I was asked to and I did.

I LIKE IT TO MUCH HERE

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:25 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You know, not all rap and hip hop is about hoes, violence, money, drugs, and sex. OMG rite??!!11

Sure that's what most mainstream rap is about nowadays, but it's not like that's the ONLY rap you have to listen to. Some people rap about positive and sensible things. I personally don't like any kind of rap, but I might listen to it if it has a good beat, mainstream or not.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You know... In its true form, all rap music is is blues music. And in essence you're saying you hate blues music? But blues is the foundation for country and rock n' roll and also jazz? People hating on a genre really need to learn not only theory but need to gather some :censored: common sense. The nonsense you hear on the radio is mainstream. The country you hear on the radio is mainstream. It's heavily mixed, heavily pro-tooled, and most of the time you don't even need talent to make a CD. Of course this is a broad statement, but 70% of music on the radio doesn't deserve to be on the radio.

Everyone will have their own opinion. This is true. However, I think what you're saying is that you hate MAINSTREAM rap. There's a big difference. It's like saying, "I HATE MUSLIMS!" when really what you're trying to say is "I HATE EXTREMISTS!" Think harder next time. :wink:

Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Antigua wrote:
You know... In its true form, all rap music is is blues music. And in essence you're saying you hate blues music? But blues is the foundation for country and rock n' roll and also jazz? People hating on a genre really need to learn not only theory but need to gather some :censored: common sense. The nonsense you hear on the radio is mainstream. The country you hear on the radio is mainstream. It's heavily mixed, heavily pro-tooled, and most of the time you don't even need talent to make a CD. Of course this is a broad statement, but 70% of music on the radio doesn't deserve to be on the radio.

Everyone will have their own opinion. This is true. However, I think what you're saying is that you hate MAINSTREAM rap. There's a big difference. It's like saying, "I HATE MUSLIMS!" when really what you're trying to say is "I HATE EXTREMISTS!" Think harder next time. :wink:

Rap is nothing like blues music, please don't try to insist that because you hate rap then you hate rock, country AND jazz. You know, blues music derives from other music, that derives from classical music, which everything derived from, so if you hate rap, then you hate every other music genre there is. Also, if mainstream rap is playing on the radio and you dislike it, most people wouldn't be inclined to go find out good rap if they've already had a sour taste of it. Its like listening to a bad song then saying 'oh I want to go buy MORE Ashlee Simpson!1' which is pointless. People hate mainstream rap because most rap actually does suck. Obviously, older rap is much better, none of this horrible 'soulja boy up in dis ho'!' because I like songs with more lines than 2, thank you very much.
If you write hooks and lines then you don't deserve to be on the radio? Most of the artists worked very hard and to say that 70% of them are there for no reason is ludicrous. Obviously there are songs that shouldn't be there because they didn't take much work, however, there's tons of songs on the radio that actually took dedication and hard work throughout their lives, they aren't like Scarlett Johannson and suddenly said 'o sup i liek crappy music' and decided to make an album, they've dreamed of the moment that they would hear themselves on the radio, and discrediting them for their hard work is really inconsiderate.
One last thing, you can easily hate a genre and not know music theory, if I don't like a piece of art because its ugly and I don't understand it, then I don't like it, simple as that. I don't need to study art history to like it much more. Same thing goes for music, if the song is unappealing to your ears, then you dislike it, you aren't looking for a technically sound piece when you turn on the radio, you turn on the radio for a fun catchy song. If you want some music for theory, then find some and make a CD from it, not bash radio for not hosting your music.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

poplers wrote:
Antigua wrote:

Rap is nothing like blues music, please don't try to insist that because you hate rap then you hate rock, country AND jazz. You know, blues music derives from other music, that derives from classical music, which everything derived from, so if you hate rap, then you hate every other music genre there is. Also, if mainstream rap is playing on the radio and you dislike it, most people wouldn't be inclined to go find out good rap if they've already had a sour taste of it. Its like listening to a bad song then saying 'oh I want to go buy MORE Ashlee Simpson!1' which is pointless. People hate mainstream rap because most rap actually does suck. Obviously, older rap is much better, none of this horrible 'soulja boy up in dis ho'!' because I like songs with more lines than 2, thank you very much.
If you write hooks and lines then you don't deserve to be on the radio? Most of the artists worked very hard and to say that 70% of them are there for no reason is ludicrous. Obviously there are songs that shouldn't be there because they didn't take much work, however, there's tons of songs on the radio that actually took dedication and hard work throughout their lives, they aren't like Scarlett Johannson and suddenly said 'o sup i liek crappy music' and decided to make an album, they've dreamed of the moment that they would hear themselves on the radio, and discrediting them for their hard work is really inconsiderate.
One last thing, you can easily hate a genre and not know music theory, if I don't like a piece of art because its ugly and I don't understand it, then I don't like it, simple as that. I don't need to study art history to like it much more. Same thing goes for music, if the song is unappealing to your ears, then you dislike it, you aren't looking for a technically sound piece when you turn on the radio, you turn on the radio for a fun catchy song. If you want some music for theory, then find some and make a CD from it, not bash radio for not hosting your music.

Let's break your burdens down, shall we? No reason to be hostile.

1. I suggest you read up on the history of some genres. Perhaps a book by Martin Scorsese called "Nothing but the Blues" (with forward by B.B. King) or even take a look at the resemblance between the I IV V in country and then compare that to blues. Also read up on how rap was originally a derivative of blues music where people would "talk about their mothers". As far as Jazz, you'll have to do your own individual research. Perhaps I was too blunt in saying that anyone hating modern rap music is hating all over modern music. I apologize for this misunderstanding. But don't be so hasty yet!

2. Lolz. Kay. I'm glad you pointed that out. I cannot give you a factual number but only personal experience. I suggest you look up many mainstream hits as of this year and see who actually WROTE the song or whose name is under the royalties. I must say that in all likelyhood it will not be the artist PERFORMING the song. True, many people have dreamed of their name in the headlights and the thought of millions of dollars. That's why a lot of this business is about flash. There are some unique individuals like Eminem, Brad Paisley, John Mayer, Alter Bridge, Stevie Ray Vaughan, various others who DO work on their own music and ARE from different genres. But just because there are some who are unique doesn't give credibility that most of the music industry is legit and is for the 'music'. True, if it sounds good and has a great hook, why not throw it on the radio? It would seem that most people (the casual listener) have a great ear for that 'hook' that soon fades from popularity.

3. You turn on the radio to at least here the artist pouring some of himself/herself into the song. I don't know about the rest of you, but even if you dislike a particular song or genre, you must respect it. It's only natural. This is one of the basic fundamentals of life. So for you to sit here and argue with me that an innate knowledge of musical theory isn't a prerequisite to turning on a radio and listening for 'that hook', then maybe you should get the :censored: out of your ears and stop being so naive. Thanks! :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i have to say it personally i hate rap rmb hip hop music just couse i don't like it i don't say its crap the truly crap ones are mc'fly (shudders) but you have no right to go around criticizing peoples tastes i music (unless the have it playing on there phone in a public place and don't have head phones thats really inconsiderate even if its my type of music) I'm a metalhead and proud since 1993 i grew up to it 8-) and thats why i don't like other types of music
and its not my type of music it not your type of music either but your basically having a go at them because they like that music in the future try to keep your opinions to yourself i hope I've made my point.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you even KNOW what R&B is?

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next