It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Can any1Pkmn learn Covet AND False Swipe? Already used TM46. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there one Pokemon that can learn Covet AND False Swipe? I already used TM46 (Thief) on a Pokemon :frustrated: that I don't want to change the moves of. This is for my Pokemon Ruby Version.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What exactly is your strategy behind those two moves? And it looks like there isn't any way you're going to get both moves on the same pokemon.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Try the Psydex Search next time.

It looks like you'll have to trade - only Farfetched and Smeargle can learn both moves.

Yo Shee is right though - why would you need both moves on a single pokemon? Catch+Steal...doesn't seem like you'd use both at once.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm trying to catch a Relicanth. But while I'm looking for one, I'm running into alot of Clamperl which I know can hold a Blue Shard. So because I also have 3 eggs in my party, a diving pokemon, and a flying pokemon, I have only one space left in my party for either a pokemon with False Swipe (to catch a Relicanth) or a pokemon with Covet (to steal Blue Shards from Clamperls I find while looking for Relicanth).

I like to have a few pokemon that have a specific purpose. Like for traveling. A graveler that knows rock smash and strength for cave travel. A seaking that knows surf, dive, & waterfall. And a pokemon that knows surf & fly. My Castform know Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Hail, to change the weather for my team's solar beams and thunders and blizzards. This pokemon would be a catcher pokemon, for catching other pokemon.

I decided that my newest projects would be to get a Relicanth and a Chimecho. The online advice for catching them is to use Sweet Scent and because I want to be very careful not to faint hard-to-find pokemon, I want False Swipe.
None of the online sources say whether they run or stay and fight.

After my first post I got to thinking about what moves the ULTIMATE Pokemon-Catching pokemon would have.
Sweet Scent to attract the pokemon
False Swipe to weaken but never faint the pokemon
Mean Look to keep the pokemon from running
Covet to take the items of pokemon you come across while looking for the pokemon you want

I thought Covet was important because it seems like every hard to find pokemon is surrounded by pokemon with items that you want.
Bagon has Solrock or Lunatone with Sun Stones or Moon Stones.
Corsola has Luvdisc with Heart Scales.
Relicanth has Clamperl with Blue Shards.

It would matter if the pokemon you wanted to catch was level 20 and the pokemon you were using to catch it was level 60. The rare pokemon can't run away (Mean Look), you don't have to run around looking for it (Sweet Scent), you don't need to worry about fainting it (False Swipe), and you can steal all the items from pokemon you don't want but have valuable items (Covet).

I don't expect to find a pokemon that knows all four of these moves (that would be too convenient) but I can dream...

Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

most pokemon do not run away so you dont really have to worry about that. but you can use attacks that do a certain amount of damage like dragon rage or sonicboom. what about a magneton that knows sonicboom and thunderwave? that could be a good idea.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:26 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How many Chimecho can you catch in Ruby?

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not sure. But for your needs, your best bet would be to get someone to trade you a smeargle. If another pokemon knows the moves, get into a double battle and you can get all your desired moves. My team consists of Smeargles. Literally, They're bizzare! One knows Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Surf and Fly, the others are manic.

Like I said, you'd need a smeargle in your game. Someone with emerald could do it.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

gatorgirl7563 wrote:
How many Chimecho can you catch in Ruby?

They are extremely rare so don't expect to find them immediately. Theoretically you should be able to get as many as you desire.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you do not want to use sweet Scent all the time the White Flute is a good alternative. I caught a Heracross, Pinsir, AND Relicanth on Emerald using it.
To get any of the 5 Flutes Go to route 113 and Run around with a bunch of Max Repels. Flute List:

Poke Flute(FR/LG) or Blue Flute(RSE):Awakens Sleeping pokemon
Red Flute: Removes Love Condition
Yellow Flute:Snaps pokemon out of confusion. THIS IS A MUST HAVE FLUTE!
Black Flute:Repels Wild pokemon. Not guaranteed to repel pokemon Like Repels.
White Flute: Attracts pokemon. ANOTHER MUST HAVE FLUTE!

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]