It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Funniest Pokemon quotes from the anime 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i remember two that are always on my mind.

1.) The episode when ash catches primeape and they are being chased by it. and Brock is like "maybe if we throw a donut it will go away" and so he grabs a donut (well the japanese ones i guess) and says "POKEBALL GO" and does the pokeball throwing stance and ash and misty are like wtf. hahah man i laughed so hard for this one

2.) The other one is this episode from the orange islands where theres an island full of fat pidgey. and then james says "those pidgey look like pudgey." hahahahahaha i dont know if you guys get it but its very funny.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not really a quote, but in the Battle Frontier or Advanced Challenge seasons, the Trainer's Choice in the middle of the episode said something like:

"Trainers! Which one of these Pokemon does Arbok evolve into?".... "If you guessed Seviper, you're right!" It made me laugh and a little annoyed since the producers/editors/whoever didn't even check their details before putting stuff on the air.

There was also an episode where Team Rocket got hit around for a bit and James went (in a really monotonic voice) "Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed." Poor thing!

Misty: "Oh no! Starmie looks like it's in real pain!"
Ash: "How can you tell? It doesn't even have a face!"

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i <3 the COWTERPIE joke in season 1! it cracks me up
haha cowterpie haha

Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yea the ones from season 1 were probably the best

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{charizard} "It's times like these that make me want to go straight"-James from the cerulean city gym episode.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
There was also an episode where Team Rocket got hit around for a bit and James went (in a really monotonic voice) "Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed." Poor thing!

That's "Showdown at the Poke-Corral!" or whatever the episode title was, I believe.

Quote:
The episode when ash catches primeape and they are being chased by it. and Brock is like "maybe if we throw a donut it will go away" and so he grabs a donut (well the japanese ones i guess) and says "POKEBALL GO" and does the pokeball throwing stance and ash and misty are like wtf. hahah man i laughed so hard for this one

lol, I thought the part where Mankey throws the doughnut at Ash's Pokeball and he catches it was funnier. The Pokeball opens and Ash is like 'WTF I CAUGHT A DONUT?' ;p

One of my favorite quotes from the anime is when Butch and Cassidy open the daycare service, Team Rocket tries to steal their stolen Pokemon, and end up in jail. While they're digging their way out, Jesse yells at James for not digging faster, and James says 'I can't even see a foot in front of my face!' and Meowth is like 'You're going to see a foot in front of your face..MINE!'

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Slowking, in the second movie while looking over the vast sheet of snow: "Its times like these that make me wish I wore pants"

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

exegutor_ownage wrote:
yea the ones from season 1 were probably the best

HAVE TO agree with this. ive been watching the orginals lately and for the past month when i get the chance i watch another one and im watching them in order to see if i ever missed anyway and to understand what i didnt when i was little... but so much of it is actually really funny and not in cheap crap sort of way jessie and james were actually sort of a threat and werent too bad... now they are complete crap even after so many years of fighting such a strong opponent every day. the plots were also more dramatic. now everything is repeated to much and everything's very minor. nothing like thoughs 3 episodes of the titanic and gaint pokemon land thing. favorite episodes ever.

things i cant forget is that one guy in an episodes charging ash and misty for resting on his rocks haha idk the quote tho
and when may and max were new someone said they were wearing"knickerbockers" or something and then they reply somethign along the lines of "i don't have any knickers and i don't think i want to be called a bocker"
and they whole thing about ash looking at a tomato and saying his name was "tom... tom ato"
lots of funny parts... hard to reput on here. pokemon is mostly funny for the actions rather than what is said though.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CharVash wrote:
{charizard} "It's times like these that make me want to go straight"-James from the cerulean city gym episode.

I couldn't agree more that this is the best quote in pokemon ever. My second favorite is probably in Haunter versus Kadabra when there is a flashback to Sabrina's childhood. Sabrina is sitting there holding a golf club, rubbing it in a "curious" manner, and you here her mom say "Sabrina, stop that."

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

it seems like all the good laughs came from the original anime, b4 the VAs were switched...

Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

One episdoe in the orange islands arc.

Jessie and James start their usual team rocket motto whilst flying onto the scene on a zip-line, but half way through they smash into a tree and screw up the rest of the motto.

Jessie(lying on ground): Team rocket blast off at the leed of spight

James(lying on top of her) surrender now... surrender now.... suurrennnddeerr nooooow.

Meowth: MEOWTH! SAY IT RIGHT!! (scratches faces)

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"My name is Tom Ato!"
"And I'm Ann Chovy!"
"And my name's Caesar Salad!"

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]