It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 White Rock & Mosdeep Space Center 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've heard thousands of different rumors about a connection between Jirachi and the Mosdeep Space Center, and the white rock outside of it. And, really, what that chick says about wish tags and all that just seems to confirm that there must be something special about the rock.

So, anyone got any proof? As in, not hearsay? Because that's all I've heard. Thanks! :D

'Das my brother. >=]

Mon May 26, 2008 10:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

From what I have heard from walkthroughs and others, the white rock is useless. No meaning whatso-ever. It also might have got left in and then Jirachi got taken out.

Tue May 27, 2008 3:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

=/ Hmm, Nintendo HAS made some dumb mistakes, what with the RBY truck and such, but I just dunno. I've heard the that it has something to do with the number of successful flights the guy in the lab coat says...? Grr, does anyone have any proof?

'Das my brother. >=]

Tue May 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

No; they're totally unrelated. What I have heard however is that the guy who counts rocket launches has something to do with the internal battery, that when he reaches 100 the battery runs out.

But I'm positive that that is also superstition.
So no. The white rock is just filler, as is the rocket launch guy.

Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Nintendo put the rock there so people could make fake rumours and conspiracy theories about it. The Mossdeep rocket guy tells you how many weeks you've been playing you game.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I will say this once. ANY RUMOUR YOU HEAR ABOUT LEGENDS AND THE SPACE CENTRE ARE FALSE! There is no connectioon between the two. If you want a deoxys or a jirachi, you have to get it from a cheat code or a nintendo event.

Sat May 31, 2008 1:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Your internal battery doesn't run out when he reaches 100. It runs out when the game has been played for a whole year (I think). The rocket launch goes up once a week. If you want me to I'll get a screenchot of my Ruby on which the rocket launch is ~135 to prove that a) You can't go to space and b) Your internal battery doesn't run out when it's at 100.

EDIT: Oops, you're right, Sion. Silly me! :oops:

Last edited by Patchy on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 31, 2008 2:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ShinyHunter07 wrote:
Your internal battery doesn't run out when he reaches 100. It runs out when the game has been played for a whole year (I think).

That's the berry glitch, a totally different thing. The internal battery runs out when it runs dry (like any other battery).

BTW, if it ran out after a year, then it would have ended at 52...and you wouldn't be able to get to 135, because time wouldn't be counted anymore.

Since Deoxys / Jirachi are connected to space, it might be included as a reminder for the event pokemon.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i just dont get why people cant be honest like in RBY on man goes over to that truck and saying that if you use strength on it then mew will appear. After he does that the screen turns black right away and then he is fighting mew LVL 7!!!! i guess he followed youre guide but when he is done and have catched mew he still stands next to that truck (fake like hell) and another guy who heard that you need to use strength on a rock and throw it on the truck and then use strength on the truck and then mew will appear. Holy sch****s i really dont get it . Anyway how did you guys figure out that way to catch or at least find mew?

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

People lie like that so they can laugh their a$$e$ off when more gullible people actually try it. Easy to understand, eh? :wink:

'Das my brother. >=]

Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Zapheres wrote:
People lie like that so they can laugh their a$$e$ off when more gullible people actually try it. Easy to understand, eh? :wink:

yea i know what you mean wich kinda reminds me of this:

you should go to youtube and watch a movie missingno is on to you

the most faked missingno virus ever

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think my friend cheated and tried to feed me this story, but he said that Jirachi appeared at launch #56 and the guy said "It looks like Jirachi went to the altering cave!" Sure as I am fat, he had one caught in altering cave, lvl 60.

He did own an action replay at the time, so this isn't credible. I do wonder how it ended up being lvl 60 though...

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MajorGameBoy wrote:
I think my friend cheated and tried to feed me this story, but he said that Jirachi appeared at launch #56 and the guy said "It looks like Jirachi went to the altering cave!" Sure as I am fat, he had one caught in altering cave, lvl 60.

He did own an action replay at the time, so this isn't credible. I do wonder how it ended up being lvl 60 though...

You should now better cuz when he has an action replay or he uses hes computer to make it all up so this should prove it all i guess

Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:12 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

do you think that if you have a {jirachi} and use wish or some move like that would something happen? And has anyone acualy seen if anything happens when the guy says 100 rocket launches?

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Unless someone can come up with screenshots or some definitive proof that there is something else more significant to the White Rock and Rocket Launches, everything else is merely going to be baseless conjecture that contributes little to the topic.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
do you think that if you have a {jirachi} and use wish or some move like that would something happen?

You can't use Wish outside of battle.

Quote:
And has anyone acualy seen if anything happens when the guy says 100 rocket launches?

Yes. Mine's on 140~. I can get a screenshot if you want.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

dskfsdlkf grrr i wrote a bunch of crap and then my comp just started over ok well...

ill just make it fast. whats the internal battery and what happens when its done?

my rocket dude says its on launch 223. and nothing has happened. boring.

so over all which legendary pokemon can you get w.o a nintendo event or cheating device other than:

mewtwo, raqueza, 2 main pokemon in rse, lati@s, 3dogs, 3regis, 3birds ???

so like jirachi, deoxy, mew, lugia, ho-oh, celebi.....

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:34 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

espeon_girl wrote:
dskfsdlkf grrr i wrote a bunch of crap and then my comp just started over ok well...

ill just make it fast. whats the internal battery and what happens when its done?

my rocket dude says its on launch 223. and nothing has happened. boring.

so over all which legendary pokemon can you get w.o a nintendo event or cheating device other than:

mewtwo, raqueza, 2 main pokemon in rse, lati@s, 3dogs, 3regis, 3birds ???

so like jirachi, deoxy, mew, lugia, ho-oh, celebi.....

The first line of legendaries are non-event, and can be gotten in either Hoenn or Kanto revisited.

The second like is event primarily, except Ho-Oh can be found in Colosseum (Mt Battle challenge), and Lugia can be found in XD (plot).

The internal battery is a battery in the RSE games that keeps track of the clock in real time. When the power runs out, you can still play the game, but nothing time-related will change.

I think the berries could be rectified by transferring the Berry glitch patch from FRLG though.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ah. i see. thank you! that was very helpful :)

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

so the internal battery...it will restart if you satrt a new game? and I thought that all the white rock does is give you the king rock or something.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Q-Kid wrote:
so the internal battery...it will restart if you satrt a new game? and I thought that all the white rock does is give you the king rock or something.

If the battery itself is run down, then no, restarting won't help.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If the battery runs out, you'd still be able to play, but despite all your wining and tantrums saving won't actually save. Turn it off, and you've got no game.

I think I saw a thread somewhere about replacing the battery.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cellblock wrote:
If the battery runs out, you'd still be able to play, but despite all your wining and tantrums saving won't actually save. Turn it off, and you've got no game.

I think I saw a thread somewhere about replacing the battery.

Actually, Advanced Generation games will save just fine if the battery is dead, because they use flash memory. The time functions just won't work.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Really? That's nice to know. I think that's what happens in the older generations though.

Literally, I got scammed once when I bought a pokemon gold and the internal battery was already dead :(

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes, you're right, it's exactly what happens to the older generation games, because the saved memory required a power source. The Advanced Gen games don't need power for their saved games, so they work just fine. LG and FR don't even have batteries, because they don't have a time function, and so don't need to keep track of anything while the game is off.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next