It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pokemon Ranch 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Ranch is here!

So far there is no data (that i have found) either here or at game faqs, so i thought i'd start a topic to collect data.
Basic stuff should be easy enough, such as:

Hailey's starters seem to be more or less random, but hose i have spoke with have all mentioned having two starter pokemon in the line up, has any one else had more or less starters in the first 6 to the ranch?
Was this the same for everyone else? or are wanteds randomly generated.

Trades seem to be random ( for the most part) except for a few. The demo shows the same staravia for swellow trade that i got, did everyone get this trade?

SPOILER ALERT!
Another trade that IS NOT random is for a lvl 50 phione in a cherish ball. When she brings this poke to the ranch, she will give you a fourth wanted poster and tells you right off the bat that she wants to trade phione for it (mine was leafeon) It does not match level either, so you can hand over a lvl 2 leafeon for a lvl 50 phione, not a bad deal.

Expanding the ranch is based on levels obtained filling the ranch. The expansions occur on a daily basis at midnight. If you are playing the game at midnight, it occurs on restart. For each level gained, Hailey will bring an additional poke of the same type to the ranch. Filling the ranch to capacity usually gains you 2-4 levels, and usually at least doubles your capacity. I have no data on imbetween levels, as i have been filling my ranch each day. I was not originally playing the game to write a guide. The spoiler listed above occured when my ranch obtained a maximum capacity of 500. I wondere what happens at 1000?

As i get more data, i will update this first post, along with the person who provided the data, so eventually we will have a Ranch Guide.

Post any patterns you recognize here, and once confirmed they will hit the first post.

I found the next trade, and it is the one in the preview video, so i think trades are pre determined, so heres a list

I am going to start compiling data on the traded pokes i have recieved so far, and will post that data here to assist people in making better decisions when it comes to trades. Please pm me with the data on pokes you have recieved from hailey (lvl, moves, and item. I'm guessing that natures/iv are still random)

Last edited by Grey on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:42 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I haven't gotten any trades yet, but I've barely done anything with it.

My first Wanteds were Abomasnow, Hippopotas, and Quagsire. These are ones I didn't have in my Pearl Pokedex, and she posted them after I connected, so I think it might depend on your Pokedex if you've connected, or totally randomized if you haven't.

As far as expanding, Hayley will eventually tell you how many Pokemon you'll need to expand. After the first expansion, she told me that the Ranch will grow again when I reach 30 Pokemon.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once you have 999 pokémon in the ranch, (Ranch is quite similar to Pokémon Box, because they are both used for pokémon storage purposes) the owner will trade you a Mew at Lv. 50 for a Leafeon (I'm pretty sure it was a Leafeon...).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

awesome, did it have any unique moves (not that it matters, mew is awesome)

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:03 am
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I heard that it has Hypnosis and Synthesis, which yes, would be unique moves. The rest I don't know.
Again, I heard this from a friend who has Ranch.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

She will trade you the Mew for a pokemon Egg.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hayley offered me a Staravia for my Hippopotas, which I declined - I don't need the Hippopotas, but I need the Staravia even less.

(Also, how useless is that "Look-See" club? Huge ranches full of stupid Pokemon like Bidoof and Miltank?)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The random trades all come with se-reducer berries, so if you need the berries (in the case of staravia, the yache, ice se reducer) they can be good if you don't need the poke, it'll give you an intersting trophymon

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:45 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is Mew in a cherrish ball too?

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes, Mew comes in a Cherish Ball.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

has anyone figured out any requirements for the non-special trades? I have not had any trades since the first day or two.

I initially thought that if you brought in all 3 wanted pokes at the same time it would increase your chances, but that does not seem to be the case.
Does anyone have evidence for or against the idea that trades are more likely if your ranch is at capacity?

Slagothor-> Since you seem to have the mew... does it in fact have exclusive moves as DNA reported?

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes it does have special moves, it's moveset is synthesis, Return, Hypnosis, Teleport.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Some more trades...

- Barboach for Pikachu (Pikachu comes with a weak moveset - Grass Knot, Flash, Thunderbolt, and something else - but I forget which berry it had)
- Dustox for Ponyta (didn't check it out)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, the spontaneous trades seem to be for random pokes... my pikachu was for a chimecho (and holds a shucca berry), and my ponyta was for a cacturn. It was holding the pasho berry.

Grass knot is not bad for pikachu... super effective against ground, his only weakness, and ground types tend to be heavier.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah, the trades are random, but they'll be Pokemon that she's already brought to the ranch. Luckily she's been bringing several Pokemon that I don't have in my Dex just yet.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think that may be intentional. At the begining she offers to help you with your dex, and checks to see what you need. I, unfortunately, cannot confirm this as i had already completed my dex. Maybe thats why i have only gotten a couple of the trades that everyone seems to get (ponyta, staravia, pika)

There is a gamefaq for this game now, but i have yet to see it.

Perhaps it will shed some light.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The following are the Pokemon that Hayley will trade. They need to be on the ranch already before the trade can take place:

Pikachu, Vulpix, Ponyta, Likitung, Tangela, Eevee, Aerodactyl, Yanma, Miltank, Shroomish, Wynaut, Wailmer, Staravia, Pachirisu, Buneary, Combee, Shellos, Finneon, Croagunk, Snover.

What she wants for them will be one of the Wanted Pokemon that you deposit on a day when she has a tradeable Pokemon present.

Phione (deposit 250 pokemon and trade a leafeon) and Mew (deposit 999 pokemon and trade any egg) are the special trades.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

On top of this, these will always have the same stats, personalities,etc. I will start posting these soon.
(this does not include Phione and Mew)

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:10 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks for the info, guys.

I was about to ask something, but found the answer myself. At one point I failed to bring a Wanted Pokemon to the Ranch in time, and since then I've only been given 2 to hunt for instead of 3. Here's how I fixed this problem - I connected to Pearl to trade in a new Wanted Pokemon, but forgot to take it out of my party first, so I disconnected without importing anything. When the whole disconnection process ended, Hayley assigned a third Pokemon. I'm not sure if this whole thing was just a glitch, but either way, this is one possible way to fix it. (Bringing in other Wanteds won't fix it, like I thought it might.)

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Another interesting thing i have noticed is that if you turn down both of her initial offers, she will always (in my experience) bring a tradeable Pokemon.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Grey wrote:
Another interesting thing i have noticed is that if you turn down both of her initial offers, she will always (in my experience) bring a tradeable Pokemon.

Yeah, same for me. Anyone want to test out viewing other peoples' ranches?

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ive done it, but it seems to be a random event, i''l edit with my WiiFC when i get home.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Whats pokemon ranch?

#1 Gardevoir Fan

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've got a question.

For a couple of weeks I've been saying "No" to Hayley twice to get her to bring one of the Pokemon that she trades each day. I still haven't managed to get her to bring 3 of them. But, for some reason, today when I said "No" twice, she just said "I know, I'll bring a red Pokemon" and now I've got an untradeable Crawdaunt on the way...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hmmm, usually for me she just says "i'll bring a pokemon i'm interested in"

You say she hasn't brought three yet? Have you gotten the two she starts with (staravia and pikachu)? also, i think it might be tied into how many wanted boards you have completed. I completed a whole bunch of them when i first got the game, when i was still ansewring yes to her. So it is possible that that is why i keep getting tradeable pokes now. If you haven't completed many "wanted" boards, try that, and geet back to us.

As far as Rox's ?... Pokemon ranch is a (slightly) more interactive version of pokemon box that works with DP. It allows you to store up to 1000 pokemon, and allows you to get a phione, and a mew with two exclusive moves.

If you have a wii, and your cartridge is full, the $10 is probbly worth it. Plus, it can be fun to watch while your doing other things. Just don't forget that it is more of a storage program than a game.

Next question, which i can't test:
If you are storing pokes from two games, can you storee 1000 pokes from each, or just 500 each?
And how do the trades (especially for mew and phione) work when using multiple carts, can each person get one, or just the first to deposit the correct poke?

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next