It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Teen Titans: Next Gen 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Almost forgot about this...

Roleplay Name: Teen Titans: Next Gen
Roleplay Genre: Action/Superhero

Setting: In that city that the show is set in (Metropolis, I think).

Plot: The players are the Teen Titans, having to fight crime and battle evil, etc. This takes place a lot of years into the future, so pretty much all the Justice League/Teen Titans members are long gone.

Additional Rules: All the obvious ones, plus one more. I don't know if this is part of god-moding or not, but when your character is fighting a bad guy, make yourself vulnerable. Don't just have your character block every blow with ease, and then deliver a swift kick in the neck to the opponetnt, knocking him out. Also make your character's superpowers or whatever fun, original, but also realistic. It won't be fun if your character can become 500 feet tall and shoot flames from his toes. Pokemon will not be accepted either. That's about it. Yay.

---

Bio!

Name: Boom
Appearance: Short and spiky blond hair, cargo pants, white shirt, black vest, avaitor goggles. He's average height with above average muscle if he needs to punch someone.
Superpower: Actually doesn't have a superpower, but is an expert with various explosives. From grenades to fireworks, Boom can make something explode even if all he had were an eggshell and some chewing gum.
Personality: Though he has to be patient and careful while working with explosives, his temper is about as explosive as dynamite. He's typically an "actions speak louder than words" kind of guy.
Other: He likes tea.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:21 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Name: Vite
Appearance: Short brown hair tinted green, skinny, tall, blue eyes.
Superpower: Can transform his body into various plants. He can still move in plant form. His favorites are vines, small plants, for disguise, and cacti.
Personality: Usually, he's a fun-loving, nice guy. Just don't get him angry. Seriously. You'll thank me for this piece of advice later.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Name: Scarlet
Appearance:

Except: She would never have that look on her face. She wears a red battle-suit and wields a scarlet bow with a miniature hawk's head on it. Tall, red boots and a crimson belt.
Superpower: Similar to this. Also, she does not need arrows to use her bow. By simply stringing the line, a crimson arrow appears. She then can use her ability in coordination with her arrows. (The arrows are nothing special, just pack more punch than your standard arrow.
Personality: A very mature girl. Stands up for her rights. Always is calm and collected. She isn't the kind of person that will be your best friend though. She finds immaturity absurd, and does not put up with it. She seems tough on the inside, but by chance, if you do get to know her, she can be a very kind person.

Last edited by Birdknight on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Name:Ace
Appearance:Image
except the shirt is dark red.
Superpower:skilled assassin,cloaking ability,well trained in daggers and long-range weapons,able to conjure daggers and arrows at will.
Personality:Ace is very good at what he does.He makes sure that the mission is fully accomplished before leaving.Ace does however let it all go to his head most of the time.He is overly confident when it comes to his own safety and tends to live on the edge.He's very laid-back and a very nonchalant kinda guy.
Misc.: Ace can materialize a bow and quiver in battle.

Last edited by redt on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It's been a long time since I've set foot in this section... I think I'm over my "randomly disappear for months" problem now that I've been here for 3 years and realized that I love these forums to death. So, I think it's time I came back to one of my most frequently visited sections of the past.

Name: Arctica
Appearance:

As for the rest of her appearance, she wears a short skirt and purple-striped stockings that go up to her thighs.
Superpower: She can create blasts of icy wind by expelling it from her hands or by breathing it out of her mouth. The ice is capable of freezing almost any liquid, and many organisms. She can also form solid chunks of ice on her body, which she can use as weapons like claws. Cold temperatures don't affect her at all, but hot temperatures drag her down and can even dry up her ice power temporarily if exposed to it too long.
Personality: Arctica is taciturn to a fault, or not inclined to talk very much. When she does talk, she's very concise and straight to the point. That doesn't mean however, she's purely shy and doesn't like to be around her fellow Titans. She just doesn't like talking very much. She likes watching other people do their thing, but isn't afraid to step in when she's needed.
Other: Despite it affecting her powers somewhat, she loves hot and spicy food.

Last edited by Registeel_Rocks on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
I need to shut the **** up

OMG!! I am absolutely TOTALLY into superhero stuff!!! :o :o :o I'm soooooo joining!!

Name:Norman Stellar
Codename:Gamble
Appearance:Purple hair, violet eyes, pale skin, thin, wears a purple tux and a cape like Batman for his costume.
Superpowers:Probably one of the most interesting and unusual powers there is: probability alteration. For those of you who don't know, basically Norm can make something v. unlikely almost certain to happen. This however is very risky and can result in a lot of confusion, i.e it quite often goes wrong..! (hence the codename)
Personality:Arrogant and real random, Norm is so young that he doesn't really see danger, he just regards it as one ENORMOUS adventure. He is tragically looked down upon by his fellow Titans because of his lack of control and because of his youth. He never gets angry. Ever ever ever. Also childish.
Other:Incredibly skilled at martial arts.

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
This could be interesting...

Name: Taint
Appearance:Image
Superpower: Acid generation, this includes poison gas clouds. He particularly enjoys molding the acid into certain shapes that can explode at his command.
Personality: Very pretentious, its all about him and nobody else matters as long as they don't interfere with his plans. Typically very sarcastic and cold to other people, although he is very protective of close friends.
Other: Deathly terrified of drowning.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:08 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry I took so long. I wanted to make sure there were a good amount of people interested. Now that I'm sure there are, let's begin.

---

It was noon, and there was nothing to do. No villians to fight, to diabolical plan to thwart, no giant monsters to destroy...nothing. And it wasn't just him, he thought. He felt that the entire city was completely bored...or maybe it was just him. Either way it was slowly starting to drive him crazy. As a kid with a mind for explosives and dynamite, it always felt like something had to be going on, otherwise he was just...bored.

"Guess I can make some more smoke grenades," Boom concluded. He shrugged, got up from his bed, and trotted out of his room and down the hall.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Yay we're starting!))

Arctica was in the kitchen, busy making herself lunch.

"Mmm... all this inactivity makes it the perfect time for me to have some hot food." giggled Arctica. "Having my powers dwindle for awhile seems safe for today."

After a couple minutes of stirring and adding spices, Arctica took a large whiff of her finished dish.

"Ahh, this curry smells delicious." said Arctica, smiling. "Time to dig in!"

Whistling, Arctica brought her plate of curry to a small side table and set it down. She pulled up a chair for herself, then poured herself a glass of water. After getting everything all set, she sat down.

"Delciousness, here I come~" sang Arctica, beginning her ravenous attack on her curry.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

" Is that Arctica's curry I smell or is it the five-stared restaurant down the street?", Ace proudly declares as he walks into the kitchen.

" Do you think it's okay to have spicy food so early in the day Arctica?", says Ace as he stands over the zesty bowl of curry with a sarcastic look on his face.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Don't worry about that, I'll be fine. Nothing's going on as of recent anyways." replied Arctica. "Umm... would you like some curry? I made enough for two..."

Arctica pointed to the pan still on the counter; it was half full of more curry.

"Of course, if you don't, I'll just eat it all myself..."

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Scarlet was in the training room, constantly shooting off arrows. One after the other, she would shoot moving targets with her conjured arrows. She hit each one while running around the room, dodging some 'kicks and punches' from the machine that was testing her. Eventually, she did get caught off guard by a pick to the stomach and was stopped. It knocked the wind out of her, but she would be fine. She gathered her bow, exited the training room, and made her way down the hall to the common room. As soon as she stepped out the door, she could smell the sweet sensation of Arctica's curry. "Yum" was the only word that came to mind. She passed by Boom's room, seeing it was open, decided to peer inside to see if her was there. "Hm..." Scarlet checked her watch. "Its 1:00 PM...Boom's up early today" she thought to herself. Pondering why he would be up soo early, she continued down the hall en route to the meeting room.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
"Don't worry about that, I'll be fine. Nothing's going on as of recent anyways." replied Arctica. "Umm... would you like some curry? I made enough for two..."

Arctica pointed to the pan still on the counter; it was half full of more curry.

"Of course, if you don't, I'll just eat it all myself..."

Ace glances at the curry on the stove then back at Arctica.
"Sure I'd love some of your curry, if you don't mind."

Ace quickly grabs a bowl from the cupboard above the stove and fills it with curry.
He takes a big mouthful and quickly goes for the water.

"That's molten hot!", Ace loudly says.
"No wonder your powers go on the frits when you eat this stuff."

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hee hee, I do like it hot." giggled Arctica. "It gives my body an intense sensation since it's normally so cold."

Arctica gobbled down the rest of her curry in an instant.

"Mmm, that hit the spot." cheerfully spoke Arctica. "I suppose I should counter the effects at least a little bit..."

Grabbing her cup of water, Arctica decreased the water's temperature dramatically. She then gulped down the icy cold liquid.

"Hoooh...frosty." smiled Arctica.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Boom's little trek did not last muc longer, as he found the room he was looking for, his "lab" of sorts, where all his explosives were created. It wasn't very tidy, as thousands of papers of various designs of explosives were scattered throughout the room, but to Boom it was the closest thing to paradise he had access to.

"Let's see here, smoke grenades...smoke grenades...here we go," Boom said to himself as he found the sheet of paper he was looking for.

"Now then," he took the goggles that were on his head and snapped them over his eyes, "let's get to work."

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Scarlet entered the common room and saw Ace and Arctica sharing a meal together at the eating table. Here she noticed the curry that Arctica made, and it smelled delicious. But, she was not hungry. "Hello" greeted Scarlet to the two. She walked down to the couch and decided to watch the news, to make sure nothing big was happening that their sensors did not detect. But it was nothing new, just the weather portion of the channel. It seemed that the temperatures were going to get very hot over the next couple of days. "Watch out Arctica, its going to get pretty hot tomorrow." Scarlet informed Arctica. She continued to watch the television, just to make sure nothing exciting was happening and they were missing it.

Last edited by Birdknight on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:59 am
I need to shut the **** up

Norm was out on the street, pondering about the others. Always looking down on him. Just because he couldn't control his powers very well....he didn't like it at all. It just wasn't fair. The smell of curry wafted by.
"Oh goody. Brainfreeze girl's having some curry." muttered Norm, using Arctica's nickname that he invented.
He looked at a fire hydrant on the street, gazed at it and concentrated. The hydrant suddenly exploded and a jet of water blasted him off his feet.
"Oh, joy." said Norm sarcastically, gazing down at his wet clothes, and waddled off towards the base.

Yaayy, we're starting!! XCOOLX!

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
Taint sat, his shoulders hunched and a deep look of concentration masked his usually stoic features, light blue eyes observed the object in front of him with calculating intensity. The said object was a dark blob of poisonous purple mush that seeped out of the tips of the boy's fingers, gathering together before him on the metallic table. A slight frown adorned his pale face, his blonde locks falling haphazardly over his left eye as he slowly molded the purple substance, creasing the smooth purple mush into a distinctive shape.

A slight breeze wafted into the room from the large windows on the opposite side of the room from where the boy sat. Many shelves, covered with various objects lined the room, metallic tables covering the majority of the tiled floor and boxes littered the corner. The room was mainly used as a work space, but Taint had slowly rearranged the room to his liking. A few paintings hung on the walls, and numerous sculptures lined the shelves, all of them a dark purple in color. The Acid Generator had personally made them all, a small figurine of Scarlet was visible, beside her sat Arctica, the sculpture was devouring curry, the ice girl's favorite. The room was intended to be used by everyone, but somehow Taint had claimed the space, he supposed that in the same way that Boom liked the Lab and Scarlet practically loved the Training Chamber this one room was his.

Speaking of the devil, a strong scent of curry wafted into the room, through the open door and the blonde lifted his head away from his latest masterpiece, eyes wandering to the open door. The rumble of his own stomach alerted him to his own hunger and he quickly smoothed over the last part of his sculpture and stood up, the small figure of a purple bird moved, seemingly of its own accord and followed the boy, its wings flapping as it kept pace with him.

Walking past a few doors and rounding his way past various hallways, Taint finally made his way to the common room. He instantly saw Arctica and Ace, shoving curry into their mouths, Scarlet sat on the couch, flipping aimlessly through the TV channels, a bored look on her face. Shaking his head slightly the blonde walked past the two, opened up the fridge and grabbed a can of pop and a random granola bar, before he too flopped down onto the couch beside Scarlet.

"Anything good on?" Taint asked the red clothed girl beside him.

The purple bird landed on the arm rest, lifting its head slightly the small figurine observed Scarlet as its master sipped his drink and ate the heath bar, his eyes on the TV screen.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Scarlet replied with a simple, "Nothing good is on. In fact, nothing is happening today. I guess we're just too good" she laughed. "We've been locking up those baddies too fast, and there are none left." She reutned to watching the television, noticing the strange purple bird-like object glaring at her. "I see you're practicing with your acid Taint, that's pretty cool" she told him. In fact, it was. He could make anything with his power, mold his acid to whatever he wanted. And it was explosive as well? Scarlet wished she had such a cool power. After all, what's so great about her power? Sure, she can see people in airplanes miles above her, and tell people what they look like. But seriously, its explosive acid for goodness sake! That gave her an idea. Scarlet suddenly wanted to test her powers to see just exactly how much she could handle. She got up from the couch and turned to the group. "Hey guys, I'm really bored, does anyone want to spar with me?" she asked. She was always ready for a fun-battle-she really enjoyed them. "We can use the protective gauntlets to, so no one will actually get hurt. Any takers?"

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Definitely not me..." replied Arctica as she extended out her hand. She concentrated for a few seconds, but all that would form on her hand was a couple ice crystals.

"My powers are already taking their toll from my meal." said Arctica. "Bad timing, I guess..."

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"I could go for some training as long as we can take some breaks.", Ace sighs.
This is the perfect time for me to practice my cloaking.
"Just be sure that Norm doesn't ruin it like he did the last training exercise.", Ace comments.

Last time when Ace was training, Norms' powers made the last pair of gauntlets malfunction to where the pain was magnified instead of negated.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"I'll go if you want; although chances are I won't be much of a challenge." Taint remarked lightly. It was true, he wasn't much of a physical fighter and Scarlet was the one who trained constantly in the Simulation Battle Dome; she was quite skilled, even he had to admit.

The purple bird flew upward, skittering around Arctica and Ace's heads, before it settled on the coffee table. Taint scowled at the little figurine, it would seem that he still hadn't attained perfect control over his Acid Generation yet.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Since she couldn't spar with the others, Arctica brought her empty dish and placed it inside the dish washer.

Maybe I should go find Boom. He's probably in his little lab by now...

Quietly, Arctica exited the area and headed down the hallway. She had to take a few twists and turns, but she finally arrived at Boom's usual hiding hole.

"Boom...are you, erm...in there?" spoke Arctica, knocking on the door.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Great! This will be a great skill building exercise!" Scarlet exclaimed. She always gets very excited before a battle or sparring. She walked with Ace and Taint ti the training simulator, her favorite part of the tower. Within it, you could create any situation you could dream of. This time however, Scarlet set the machine so that the background of the battle would be the downtown area of Metropolis. Scarlet made it this, so it would be the closest to a real battle. After the settings were finished she walked over to the gauntlet-station. She equipped hers on her left arm, so her bowing arm would not be inhibited. She walked into the simulation room and stood in her designated position, awaiting the others so that the simulation would begin. "We all have one hundred points, like last time. We'll lose points each time we are hit. The amount of points lost are dependent on how hard the attack was on our bodies, just like normal. Once you hit zero, you are ported out to the setup room. I'm ready when you guys are" said she as she awaited the others to go into their circles in the room. once they wee all in the circles, the simulation would begin immediately by itself.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would like to join, if you'll take me considering my track record of disappearing. Just feel like RPing again.

Name: Matrix
Appearance: Normal looking for 17 year old. wears faded blue jeans and plain black T-shirt. Would easily blend into crowds were it not for his perfect white skin and vacant emotionless stare. has black "hair".
Superpower: Matrix is the most powerful computer ever created. He is the first machine with a full functional personality. Equipped with wrist beams and above human strength, Matrix is more than capable in battle. He can also fly kind of like how iron man does in the movie.
Personality: Even though he has a personality, the programing is buggy causing spontaneous bursts of erratic behavior. He has no way of physically showing emotion and speaks in a monotone voice. His personality drive is unfinished and he becomes more "real" with every experience.
Other: Being a computer he is incredibly smart.

If you let me in I'll try to be active, but on the odd chance I'm not around my character can be controlled by anyone in the interest of moving the story forward.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next