It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Annoying Quirks? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess this is yet another one of those complaining threads. After watching through 10 seasons then finally getting into Battle Dimension, I'm getting pretty annoyed with the whole "let's go!" command that every trainer has started using since the Advanced Battle season.

True, trainers can't always shout "use <insert attack>, now!" but the whole "let's go!" thing is really beginning to grate on my nerves.

Also, has anyone else noticed that certain trainers use particular calls when sending out their Pokemon? E.g. May "Take the Stage", Dawn "Spotlight", Zoey "Curtain", Cynthia "Battle Dance", Paul "Stand By" etc. Again, I know they're kinda quirky but at the same time it can drive me wild when I hear May squealing for Skitty or somesuch to "take the stage" for the 20th time.

Are there any other dialogue aspects that tick anyone else off throughout the anime? (This thread is not intended to pick up on voice actor changes or Jame being attacked by his own Pokemon time after time, but I guess they are relevant :) )

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's not too different in the Japanese version. In the contests, May says "Stage on!", Dawn says "Shove off!(?)" , and Zoey says "Ready go!"

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's annoying how suddenly everyone always tells their pokemon to "Dodge" the attack. I remember in the first couple of seasons no one ever said "dodge it", and then suddenly in one episode Ash decides to tell his Pokemon to "dodge it" and ever since then a trainer has to say "dodge it" in every single battle. It just gets really repetitive after a while, and it's kind of a cheap maneuver. And it's also just way too conveninat. Why is it that only sometimes does a trainer say dodge it? Yet on other occasions they don't yell at their Pokemon to dodge it. It sort of predicts who's going to win or lose a match too. When the trainer doesn't say to "dodge it" then they'll get hit by the attack and lose.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]