It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 what was your last physical CD purchase? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just curious if people actually still go out to buy physical CDs. Actually I'm more curious whether as to if people actually buy full stop music anymore, but I'm going to use the topic question as a cover for my knowledge thirst. Anyway my last physical CD purchase was in 2004 (I think mid-late) when I bought Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, and mainly because I was a real tightass who thought two CDs for the price of one was a bargain. Too bad for me the CDs were pretty much rubbish except for ONE track (which became overplayed to hell and back). Alright, Speakerboxxx wasn't too bad but I guess I'M DIGRESSING HERE A LITTLE.

I received physical copies of HAARP and Narrow Stairs this year though, even though I didn't buy them. Anyway it's your turn: CD you last bought, date bought at and (optional) whether or not it was a wise choice. I'd also like to hear from people who still buy music electronically or whatever too.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I still buy CDs, they're what I spend most of my money on besides video games. Anyway, my last CD purchase was Incubus's "Light Grenades" last weekend, and I haven't stopped listening to it ever since.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Although I download most of my music off of iTunes i remember getting a giftcard to target from my grandmother (most 15 year olds don't shop at target -.-) and I had nothing better to spend it on, so i bought a few CD's... I think it was the 4th Led Zeppelin, and The All American Rejects "Move Along". (only 2 good songs :frustrated: )

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I still buy CDs. The last one I bought was Brazilian Girls self titled album. It is really good. There's a record store right next to my house, so I have pretty easy access to CDs.

EDIT: I was lying. The last CD I bought was Islands' album "Arm's Way." Though it was good, anything Islands does will be overshadowed by what The Unicorns did before them.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I actually buy CDs quite often. Usually, me and my cousin will buy something we like and will rip it from each other. That way, we can have a broader music collection.

The latest one I bought was the Weezer Red Album. I haven't listened to it much though.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've never, ever bought a CD. Two of my uncles and my brother are somewhat "collectors" and I steal from them. Technically nothing I have is legit, but most of my music is from albums owned by family members. Which reminds me, I should steal everything Skull Kid and his cousin have.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:00 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I haven't purchased a CD in over a year, but the last two were Dark Side of the Moon and an Elton John greatest hits CD.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:54 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I don't buy CDs that often, but my last physical purchase was the album Varangian Way by Turisas. I got it a few months ago, if memory serves.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Uh.. I've banned myself from walking into JB Hi-Fi. I don't really feel the urge to buy CDs except when I'm in there. I'm a good saver, but I waste all my money upon entering that store. The CDs there are SO CHEAP.

The last CD I bought was a three-pack of RATM. Their self-titled album, Battle of Los Angeles and Renegades. It was $20, and they're all separate, proper CDs. =)

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The last CD I bought was Disturbed: Indestructible. That was like a few days ago.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I actually bought 2 cd's as my last physical CD purchase. They were "Fallen" & "The Open Door" by Evanescence :D

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lol, where I live there isn't a music shop, so I have to buy most of my music off of iTunes. My last physical CD purchase was... Taylor Swift deluxe edition. Wow, that was about a year and a half ago. :shock:

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

About a year ago I bought Arctic Monkeys Favourite Worst Nightmare album I've been downloading ever since...

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:47 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hmm...the last CD purchase I made, I think, was The Blood Brothers' last album Young Machetes in 2006. But it wasn't for me, it was for my boyfriend. I can't reach far enough in my brain to remember when I last bought a CD for MYSELF though...been that long I guess.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah so today i decided to use my jb hifi gift card i got for my birthday and bought ok go's oh no and nerd's fly or die today. Also what I did was jotted a few new release CDs i want to listen to when I get home. well i'd buy physical CDs if they were so much cheaper! The new release ones were like 20$. WTF i could get two tshirts with that.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm in the same boat as DatVu. All my music is either stolen borrowed from family members or copies of friends and family. My brother and his wife collect all sorts of music, so I get loads of copies of some good stuff from them as presents.

Now my older sister, on the other hand... *remembers the days of riding in her car to school and not being able to move my body without touching at least one CD case*

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Crunchy wrote:
The last CD I bought was Disturbed: Indestructible. That was like a few days ago.

Heck yes! <3

I have never purchased a CD before. D:

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:27 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i bought war stories by UNKLE a while back. i love the cd, and the album artwork is amazing. i've bought all my music, except for a few lamb of god cds that my friend let me borrow. (and i'm glad i didn't buy them since they're only okay.)

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mine was the amazing Dark Side of the Moon.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Emigrate-Emigrate, awsome CD.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hardly like any of the CD's I have.
I just copied my brothers online collection and get downloads from friends. [:

My last physical purchase was;
-BFMV's The Poison (yay welsh screamy people :/)
-Taking Back Sunday's Louder Now (decent, but their older stuff is way awesomer)
-MCR's Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (I Never Told You What I Do For A Living <3)

That was like two years ago or something.

Btw, do CD's that come free with magazines count? Because technically I did pay for them...

Last edited by Prof. Dom on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
uhh the last one was three years ago when i gave my sister for her b-day a backstreet boy cd... after that it was two thousand songs worth of bearshare and limewire :twisted:

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmmm...the last CD I bought was 'The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance.

Awesome CD. I totally recommend it. To everyone. Even those who hate My Chemical Romance.

<3 <3 <3 MCR rox. Deal with it. <3 <3 <3

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Jesu/Battle of Mice: Split cd & silver vinyl.

Yndi Halda: Enjoy Eternal Bliss cd & double vinyl.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The only time i ever really buy cds is when i can't find them on the internet.

The last cd i bought was Steep Trails by Ankla. It was really sweet, and original. Im surprised by how unknown they are, they did play freefest a few years ago after all.

My Shinies: {victreebel} {chikorita} {ralts} {bellossom} {slakoth} {shedinja} {meditite} {cacturne} {deoxys} {shinx} PM Me Anytime For Trades

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next