It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:56 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 How to quote from more than 1 person? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Perhaps this may seem like a very easy question for some of you guys but I'm an IT Idiot so pardon me...
How can I do multiple quotes at one time? I'm asking this cos the rating centre in the battle tower seems quite dead and I'm planning to rate as many teams as I can each time I go online. That however is not possible if I can only quote from 1 person at 1 time as double posting or more isn't allowed. I've seen some people quote from 3 or more people at 1 time...how do they do it? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:49 am
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Code:
[quote="whoever"] BIDOOF SUX[/quote]

[quote="somebody"]I AGREE[/quote]

=

whoever wrote:
BIDOOF SUX

somebody wrote:
I AGREE

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:32 am
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. What I meant was; when you press a quote icon below a person's post, you immediately get redirected into your reply page with whatever the guy said already there with the [quote] infront and behind of that person's post. I was wondering if you could utilise this feature to quote everything from more than 1 person without having to manually type out whatever the guy said.

Does this mean that if I don't wanna manually type out everything the best alternative would be to copy & paste into a software like Windows Word or something and then copy & paste onto the post before applying the [quote] feature? :?

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:25 am
Report this post
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It's the only other way...but it's not that difficult to begin with. Or hit "Add Reply" and make it go to a new window; that way you have the topic in one window and the reply in the second.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:53 am
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Choose one post you want to start with, and click the quote button on that post. Then, in the reply screen, scroll down to the Topic Review sub-window. There is a Quote button on each post displayed there, and clicking on that adds that posts with quote code to the post you're writing.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Or, instead of hitting the quote button all the time, you could do what I do.

Just copy and paste what you want to quote, highlight it, then click the button near the top that says "Quote".

But it will end up saying this:

Code:
[quote]whatever you quoted[/quote]

To avoid that you can just type ="user" before the "]".

Although, I don't see why you'd think you have to manually type it out.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:45 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh well not to worry I've figured it out....I just have to click on the quote icon, copy everything, return to the previous page, quote the second person, paste the previous person's post and then copy the whole thing again for as many times I want there after.
:)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:24 am
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]