It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Finding Wild Pokemon's HP 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

How can you find out the HP of wild pokemon? I know the capture rate formula, but its useless unless I can know the pokemon's HP. It has to work in Yellow version. I'd also appreciate it if someone could find out how rocks and bait can affect capture rates in the Safari Zone. That'd be awesome. {vaporeon}

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, I forgot, does the capture rate count towards wether the pokeball misses or not, or is that a whole 'nother factor? :?:

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:43 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

There's no exact way to determine the HP of a wild Pokemon, but it can be eyeballed by figuring out what the max HP would be on average, and then, with that and the current stats of the HP bar, figure out how high of odds you'd get.

The Capture Rate does indeed determine whether a Pokemon is caught or not.
As for rocks and bait? Honestly I am clueless. What is known though is that bait decreases chances but makes the Pokemon likely to stick around, and rocks do the exact reverse.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:08 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, thanks for that. I'll try that out. :D

Brick Wall Concerto

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's no surefire way to find a wild Pokemon's HP besides catching. And I believe that the capture rate is under normal circumstances. I don't know if this means full HP or not. There are conditions that affect this rate, making it go up or down.

While bait gets the wild Pokemon to stay longer, most of your thrown Safari Balls miss. The rock gets it angry, and more likely to run away.

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah, thanks. By the way, if anyone needs the capture rate formula, its
((4 * Total HP - 2 * Current HP) * Capture Rate * Ball Factor) / Total HP, plus Status Factor.
With each attempt, the game generates a random number between 0 and 255. If that random number is below the number calculated by the formula, the Pokemon is caught.

Status Factor = 11 if the Pokemon is asleep or frozen,
6 if it's burnt, poisoned or paralyzed,
and 1 if it has no status ailment.

Ball Factor varies with the ball used.
PokeBall/Premier Ball/Luxury Ball = 1,
Great Ball/Safari Ball = 1.5,
Ultra Ball = 2
Timer Ball = 4 after thirty turns, 3 after twenty turns, 2 after ten turns, 1 after less than ten turns
Net Ball = 3 if the target is Bug or Water type, 1 otherwise
Nest Ball = 3 if the target is below lv19, 2 if the target is between lv20 and lv29, 1 otherwise
Repeat Ball = 3 if the Pokemon has been caught before, 1 otherwise.

I got this from another post, so I'm just giving credit for posting it myself.

Brick Wall Concerto

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]