It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 legendary dogs 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was wondering, in the psydex it says you can catch the legendary dogs randomly, but do you have to initiate an event first (i.e. beat the elite 4) or could you in theory be very lucky and catch the dogs first thing as you left oaks lab at the begining of the game. (though that would be very unlikely with a lv 5 poke) Also when you start you game do the dogs have preset natures or does each encounter change their natures. If not it would take several restarts of the game to catch the three dogs with the nature that you want and atleast decent dv.
Why does nintendo always mock us with such hard tasks to accomplish :mad:

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

you can't catch them until you fix Celio's machine on One Island. The legendary dog's stats are set then

the IVs for the legendary dogs on FRLG are generally low; better to catch them off Colosseum

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Answering your other question, the nature and stats of your dog stay the same no matter how many times you encounter it. If you've seen it shiny, it will stay shiny, too. All these things are set, not at the start of the game, but when you first see your dog.

Looking for a specific nature is pointless - I can tell you that from my experience with Ditto-hunting. Because of the Everstone trick in Emerald, which gives a 50-50 chance of inheriting a Ditto's nature of you breed it with something, I made it my aim to capture a Ditto of each nature, so I could produce offspring with the right stat boosts. But there are 25 different natures and it's really tough to get them all - I've had to release all the Ditto that had natures I've found before. I anticipate that the search will be a long one.

High DVs would be an even harder search, especially if Sion9 is right about the average DVs of a FRLG dog. Like the nature, DVs are an unknown until a capture is made, and even then, there is a lot more variation in DV spreads than there is in the nature. The odds are so long, they could go around the equator, so don't be downcast if you don't get lucky.

You can always use EVs to raise the stats you want, but short of that, the only real solution is to be happy with the dog you've got.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i understand that about DV's and i wouldn't be too disapointed about low DV's because of probability, but i thought you can't breed legendaries, even with a ditto, so are you sure about being able to breed the dogs with ditto and can it breed with any other legendary. if so can someone inform me. Thank you

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, you can't breed ledgendaries with any pokemon, including Ditto, except for (I think) Manaphy and Phione. DarkAriados is talking about breeding in general; A Ditto with an Everstone has a 50% chance of passing on it's nature to the offspring, so a complete set of every nature would be extremely useful for breeding, making it easier to get a pokemon of the nature you want.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The legendary dogs can only be caught when you get the national dex. You do not have to fix the machine first. Also. in r/s/e , Latios and latias's stats and everything else are chosen when you begin the game(except if you use the eon ticket) So the legendary dogs are probably the same way.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Majora Man wrote:
The legendary dogs can only be caught when you get the national dex. You do not have to fix the machine first. Also. in r/s/e , Latios and latias's stats and everything else are chosen when you begin the game(except if you use the eon ticket) So the legendary dogs are probably the same way.

Actually, in FRLG, the stats of the legendary dogs are set after you fix Celio's machine (idk where you heard that you can find them after only getting the National Dex) http://www.serebii.net/red_green/legendary.shtml

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In FR/LF, there is a glitch, which means the IVs of the dogs is never more than something along the lines of 0/0/0/0/8/30 << FAIL. Colloseum for the dawgs.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i got 15 natures of ditto and NO dogs of l..........snoreImage

Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Jonatron wrote:
In FR/LF, there is a glitch, which means the IVs of the dogs is never more than something along the lines of 0/0/0/0/8/30 << FAIL. Colloseum for the dawgs.

I forgot about this until I started going through the IVs of all my non-breedables the other day - when I saw what the stats were on my precious Suicune, I died a little inside. :cry: Now I have to find a copy of Colosseum.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

that glitch must just be a coincidence, i've caught an entei, 2 suicune and 2 raikou, and only 1 of my suicune had really bad dvs (somthing like 3/0/2/1/3/0) the rest of them, their lowest dv's were my seconds suicune's, he had an 8 on atk, but that doesn't matter, all my other dogs and that suicune had +20 on pretty much all their stats

Thu May 08, 2008 4:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sion9 wrote:
you can't catch them until you fix Celio's machine on One Island. The legendary dog's stats are set then

the IVs for the legendary dogs on FRLG are generally low; better to catch them off Colosseum

My Suicunes IV's from FR are pathetically low. It's highest is a 5 in attack and 2 other stats are 0. :(

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AAAAAAAAH.
I've released all my natured dittos apart from a few with the highest IV's because they didn't pass on the natures.
I really could've done with knowing that everstone trick.
Well I guess I'll start all over again.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:42 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]