It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Shows cartoonnetwork has forgot 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Now, cartoonnetwork has been around for a long time, and has forgotten a lot of their shows. Now I know some shows you probably never heard about <cough> <cough> MAR, Prince of Tennis and even Megaman:Star Force
(I was bored). So which shows do you think should still be here and why?

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that they should still have One Piece because I really like the show and now I have to watch all of the episodes online but that really isn't that big of a problem.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah, I used to watch it too.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You're complaining about anime being forgotten? No. How about actual cartoons. Actual cartoons that people born before 1994 grew up with. Dexter's Lab. Two Stupid Dogs. Cow and Chicken. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Johnny Bravo. Wacky Races and Captain Caveman. Those my friend, are forgotten shows.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I was born in 1994 and I remember enjoying three of those shows. My sister syas Courage the Cowardly Dog still comes on.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Why do you want to know? Are you stalking me? *Does a double take*
I agree. I used to watch Dexter's Lab every Sunday night. It was routine! I also like Johnny Bravo.

But we're forgetting the biggest thing that Cartoon Network dumped.

LOONEY TUNES

Who can forget that? Looney Tunes are one of the staples of cartoons! Tom & Jerry too! Cartoon Network used to always play Looney Tunes on Saturday Mornings, they also used to have June Bugs, with marathons of Bugs Bunny Cartoons in June! Now even Boomerang isn't playing Looney Tunes as much. And Cartoon Network has also stopped playing the ever so wonderful Tom and Jerry.

Quote:
Sometimes I think the meaning of life is to take our minds off of death.
Pichu - Pokemon Mansion (Not the Cinnabar One) [That would be my fanfic]

Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

blaziking175 wrote:
I agree. I used to watch Dexter's Lab every Sunday night. It was routine! I also like Johnny Bravo.

But we're forgetting the biggest thing that Cartoon Network dumped.

LOONEY TUNES

Who can forget that? Looney Tunes are one of the staples of cartoons! Tom & Jerry too! Cartoon Network used to always play Looney Tunes on Saturday Mornings, they also used to have June Bugs, with marathons of Bugs Bunny Cartoons in June! Now even Boomerang isn't playing Looney Tunes as much. And Cartoon Network has also stopped playing the ever so wonderful Tom and Jerry.

..eh. They aren't forgotten, maybe just boring and old.

Dexter's Laboratory was awesome, so was Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog was decent for some time, but I never really picked up on it. I still like (kinda off topic) CatDog, even though most people dislike it. I also miss ZOIDS. Which is completely awesome forever. :D

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

YES! Dexter's Laboratory. But what about Space Ghost: Coast to Coast?? That show was freakin' awesome. Do they still show it? I don't think I've seen it in their line-up for a LONG time, nothing but Family Guy/Robot Chicken at night.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

2x4b wrote:
You're complaining about anime being forgotten? No. How about actual cartoons. Actual cartoons that people born before 1994 grew up with. Dexter's Lab. Two Stupid Dogs. Cow and Chicken. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Johnny Bravo. Wacky Races and Captain Caveman. Those my friend, are forgotten shows.

My mom watched Wacky races when she was young. That's how old it is. The rest are fine though.

Also, MEGAS XLR AND SAMURAI JACK.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
People, lots of old cartoons can be found on Boomerang now. Just go there.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dexters Lab is the best, and it still comes on from time to time. Along with Courage the Cowardley Dog.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I remember Zoids and Samurai Jack. I loved both of those.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:26 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

gamer guy wrote:
I remember Zoids and Samurai Jack. I loved both of those.

Samurai Jack is still on every Saturday night. Zoids was a great show I wish it was still on.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I spose that you can catch a few shows at the late hours.

Does anyone know of a show called 'V-Birds'? I hated it and didn't like it. Glad it was dumped.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
monster rancher. i loved that show. man that was forever. outlaw star, i used to watch speed racer too. the mask animated and ace ventura animated, swat catz, man that was the good ol' days

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

megas xlr, monster rancher, megaman nt warrior(they need to dub stream and up), zoids, man i had a huge list right now but i forgot as soon as i hit the add reply button...
but anyways is it just me, or is it not the same when you watch episodes online as to when you watch them on a certain time and day? i just dont get the same feeling as to when i used to watch them on tv. even if it was one episode a week.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Originally, Cartoon Network started off pretty good - they used to show Speed Racer, Flintsones, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, and some other classics (this was before most of you were even thought of.) It was pretty good; however, Nickelodeon still had better TV shows.

In mid to late 90's, CN started airing 2 Stupid Dogs, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy (before they ran the series into the ground by playing it all the time), Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. This original programming was my favorite generation - after Courage, CN failed to make anymore interesting cartoons.

As for Toonami (R.I.P.), I miss Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Hamtaro, Sailormoon, Tenchi, and Zoids. It's a shame they took Toonami from the weekdays/midnights, but I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece, Naruto, etc. so I guess in a way it's a good thing.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
Originally, Cartoon Network started off pretty good - they used to show Speed Racer, Flintsones, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, and some other classics (this was before most of you were even thought of.) It was pretty good; however, Nickelodeon still had better TV shows.

In mid to late 90's, CN started airing 2 Stupid Dogs, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy (before they ran the series into the ground by playing it all the time), Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. This original programming was my favorite generation - after Courage, CN failed to make anymore interesting cartoons.

As for Toonami (R.I.P.), I miss Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Hamtaro, Sailormoon, Tenchi, and Zoids. It's a shame they took Toonami from the weekdays/midnights, but I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece, Naruto, etc. so I guess in a way it's a good thing.

Truth.

I completely forgot about I Am Weasel. :(

Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Krisp wrote:
I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece

I assume you mean the 4Kids dub? Because the original Japanese show is actually quite good. Subtitles FTW.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I miss Johny Bravo and Ed, Edd, and Eddy the most. Granted i never had anything but PBS growing up so I only got to watch them when I was away from home. Still boring stays in hotels were much more fun with the company of Johny and the 3Eds.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

flaming_fox wrote:
I miss Johny Bravo and Ed, Edd, and Eddy the most. Granted i never had anything but PBS growing up so I only got to watch them when I was away from home. Still boring stays in hotels were much more fun with the company of Johny and the 3Eds.

dude that is exactly how i watched cartoon network. and i would always go to my friend's house after school and watch miguzi when they had badas stuff
only once did i have the priviledge of having cable but that did not last too long...

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]