It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Perfect Frontier Team? and some other questions. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What would be a good team to use for all the fronteir events? I have 4 lv. 100 pokemon but I dislike using them as the movesets are not to my preference. I also need a good team with genders for the battle palace or whatever it's called. Tell me exact pokemon to use and what movesets. It doesn't have to be limited to 6 or 3 pokemon either. If asked I'll post the 4 pokemon I have at lv. 100, although one of them is mewtwo so I can't use that.

I will probally use a pikachu as a special sweeper, but the moveset on the main site will not work for me as I can't get surf on pikachu as I don't plan on getting pokemon box or wasting time trying to get the right nature for it. I was thinking about using this for the following pikachu setup (with the ev setup used on the site):

{pikachu} @ light ball

Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Double Team
Sweet Kiss

I was not sure if attract would be good or using someother setup including substitute.

My last question at this time is: What would be a good balance of types of pokemon in a pokemon team? How many special sweepers, toxi-tankers, physical sweepers, and whatever else should be in a good team for battling comppettively and if possible to use for the many battle fronteir compettitions?

First post ever :D

Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

BF is a easy place because trainers in there are brainless. So SpeSweeper, PhySweeper and something Tankish should be enough. For Pike and Pyramid, you must use Healer (In my opinion Blissey is the only one). Like I would use Salamence, Starmie and Blissey in pike.
Otherwise use Salamence, Starmie and Skarmory/Blissey/Something that can switch in to things like Ice beam or Rock slide.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

koipen wrote:
BF is a easy place because trainers in there are brainless. So SpeSweeper, PhySweeper and something Tankish should be enough. For Pike and Pyramid, you must use Healer (In my opinion Blissey is the only one). Like I would use Salamence, Starmie and Blissey in pike.
Otherwise use Salamence, Starmie and Skarmory/Blissey/Something that can switch in to things like Ice beam or Rock slide.

You don't really need a healer. I did the pyramid and the pike without a healer at all (pyramid on the game before I restarted). It might be beneficial for me though.

Could you also give me some possible movesets if they are different from the ones on the main site?

Thanks for your input though :)

Wed May 28, 2008 1:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Battle Frontier can be beaten with pure sweepers. Some examples are:

{alakazam} Psycic, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch
{starmie} Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psycic
{houndoom} Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Crunch, Sunny Day

Hope this helped

Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Salamence @ Lum
-Earthquake
-Brick break
-Aerial ace
-Rock slide

Starmie @ Lum
-Ice beam
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

OR

Sceptile @ Lum
-Crunch
-Leaf blade
-Thunder punch
-Something Special attacking/Sub/Leech seed

Blissey @ Lefties
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Seismic toss
-I-Beam/T-Bolt/F-Thrower

If in one-battle-and-heal place:
Gengar @ Lum
-Focus punch/Shadow ball
-T-bolt
-Ice punch
-Sub/Hypnosis
Shadow ball is preffered because with that you get rid of Psychics.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My team for Battle Frointer Level 50 is:

{salamence} @ Leftovers
Flame Thower
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fly

{metagross} @ Leftovers
EQ
Psychic
Metor Mash
Iron Defence (Thinking of changing it)

{lanturn} @ Leftovers
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf
TBolt

In order to get my {salamence} Crunch and Dragon Claw before level 50 is keep it a {bagon} till 49!
And I did the same for {metagross} with Metor Mash, kept it as a {metang} till right on 50!

Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hammythepig wrote:

{salamence} @ Leftovers
Flame Thower
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fly

{metagross} @ Leftovers
EQ
Psychic
Metor Mash

{lanturn} @ Leftovers
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf
TBolt

In order to get my {salamence} Crunch and Dragon Claw before level 50 is keep it a {bagon} till 49!
And I did the same for {metagross} with Metor Mash, kept it as a {metang} till right on 50!

For a lv. 100 team I was asking for.

Sat May 31, 2008 11:09 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

^You could use those Pokemon for level 100 as well. Metagross is the tricky one (for 50) as you have to keep it as a Metang until level 50 when he learns Meteor Mash, which is pretty much his standard signature move.

So if you use Metagross/Salamence/Lanturn teams as described above, except for level 100, it should work quite nicely.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
So if you use Metagross/Salamence/Lanturn teams as described above, except for level 100, it should work quite nicely.

Thank you very much

I thought of those move combos and everyting all myself.

And It was really terible for me to keep my Metang as itself and not evolve, because Metagross is my
favorite Pokemon. But in the end it was worth it! :)

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Trust me, buddy.
It is DEFINITELY worth it. With a base power of 100 and a 20% chance of raising your own Attack? That is double everything that of Metal Claw, and basically Meta's signature move. You'd be crazy to forgo this intentionally.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...But it has questinable accuracy. I have lost more than one match because Meteor mash misses. And CB aero quakes me.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

koipen wrote:
...But it has questinable accuracy. I have lost more than one match because Meteor mash misses. And CB aero quakes me.

True, but that could be comparable to Dragon Rush or Focus Blast (I know they're Sinnoh moves, but still, bear with me). They have accuracies even lower than Meteor Mash (75 and 70, respectively). But would you not use them solely because of that? They are all incredibly powerful moves indeed.

Accuracy is something to consider, but potential damage is also something, and the potential damage for Meteor Mash/Dragon Rush/Focus Blast is extremely high.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DNA wrote:
koipen wrote:

True, but that could be comparable to Dragon Rush or Focus Blast (I know they're Sinnoh moves, but still, bear with me). They have accuracies even lower than Meteor Mash (75 and 70, respectively). But would you not use them solely because of that? They are all incredibly powerful moves indeed.

Accuracy is something to consider, but potential damage is also something, and the potential damage for Meteor Mash/Dragon Rush/Focus Blast is extremely high.

Or, compare it to the other Steel move with similar power in the Advanced Generation; Iron Tail has 75% accuracy, 10% LESS than Meteor Mash, with the same BP (100).

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm still looking for advice :D

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You dont like my idea?
hammythepig wrote:

{salamence} @ Leftovers
Flame Thower
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fly

{metagross} @ Leftovers
EQ
Psychic
Metor Mash

{lanturn} @ Leftovers
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf
TBolt

You could use that for a level 100 team to you know.
I'll think up another good combo and give it to you.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]