It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokedex curruption due to cloning? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I cloned a voltorb holding a rare candy 30 times. I released all but the one voltorb ending up with 30 rare candies. I then used the rare candies to level up my voltorb to lvl 50. It evolved of course at lvl 30. I did this again to a drowzee and krabby. They all evolved. When I checked my pokedex, It told me I didn't own electrode, Hypno, or Kingler. Which confused me consideing i could look in my party and see them there, in my posession. Is this possible curruption from cloning? or am i just very unlucky?
This was on my pokemon silver.

Mon May 19, 2008 2:41 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It's probably because you did not save after getting electrode/hypno/etc. resulting in it being in your box after you went to clone again but not in your pokedex.

You'll notice that you won't have the data for two starters when you do cloning to get them because you saved before actually having them and then cloned.

This also happened with my larvitar....I wanted to have a Tyranitar to defeat Blue so...I saved before battling him (note: I have the other 15 badges at this point), defeated him with my other party pokemon, got the permission to go to Mt Silver, caught larvitar, cloned it, ended up back in front of blue with no larvitar in my party but one in the box....

So yeah you didn't save before cloning again.

Mon May 19, 2008 3:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That makes sense. Thank you.
And with the starters to get those in my pokedex i just caught a ditto and had an egg with the two starters that weren't in the pokedex. when the eggs hatched, i had cindaquil and chikorita in my pokedex.

Tue May 20, 2008 7:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not sure really, I'm not intrested in GSC games.

Sun May 25, 2008 2:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cactuar wrote:
Not sure really, I'm not intrested in GSC games.

Honestly, if your not interested, why are you posting in the Johto forum?

Tue May 27, 2008 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]