It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Twilight (series) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOPIC MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS.

This topic is about the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. The series (as of now) has 3 books: Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse. Upcoming books are Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun.

The movie of the first book (Twilight) is soon coming out (12/12/08). There aren't any news involving the other books becoming movies officially.

These books are about a vampire (male lead: Edward) who falls in love with this human girl (female lead: Bella). Following the storyline, she knows his secret, and soon they both fall in love. Problem is, her scent is tempting to him, as he doesn't want to harm her, but he craves for her blood. To make matters worse, Edward's coven aren't the only vampires around, and soon, more mythical beings come into play (new moon). So, if you lived forever, who would you die for?.

~~~

blah...well most girls I know completely fall in love with Edward. I myself like Jacob better (as a character). Still there are very romantic scenes where you just wish it would be real. There are many quotes, but my favorite is:

edward - 'and so the lion fell in love with the lamb'
bella -'what a stupid lamb'
edward - 'what a sick, masochistic lion'

Thu May 15, 2008 3:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I absolutely love this series. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn this summer, and the first chapter of Midnight Sun can be found here: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/otherprojects_midnightsun.html

Yes, it does get a bit sappy at points, but almost never during Eclipse or Twilight, New Moon is the one were things become a bit drawn-out.
And the action scenes! Ms. Meyer is very good at writing thrilling stories.

And B_F, my favorite is Jasper, not Edward. :P

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I honestly think that the Twilight series are some of the best books that I've ever read. I agree that New Moon was drawn out, but I felt that Eclipse got a bit ridiculous at times . . . Bella's really whiny. That, and Jacob is at his most annoying for a good deal of the book. Other than that . . . I love them. Breaking Dawn is going to be awesome (the first chapter's in the Eclipse special edition) and the movie might actually do the book justice.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oooooooh! i love twilight! i just started to read Breaking Dawn. i *love* Edward! i dont know if ill watch the movie..... {vileplume}

Gloom
Oddish
Victreebel
Weppinbell
Bellsprout
Eevee
Vaporeon
Articuno
Ho-oh
Lugia
Mew
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam

Pokemon will be updated when i find more! :)

Updated as of: 11/10/08

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:55 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]