It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best Doctor Who Villain Thread! (Spoilers) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, who is your favourite Doctor Who baddie? Is it the Daleks who send a chill down your spine, or the Ood that give you the creeps? Could it be the Weeping Angels that make you cry with fear, or the Empty Child leaving you yelling for your "Mummy"?

My favourite villain, I must say, is the Master. He's a tactical genius, but completely cracked. Like me. Also, I think that the ring (see: Last of the Time Lords) was a blatant backup plan. Possibly because I want him to still be John Simm, but partly because his OCD fueled plot wouldn't possibly not have a plan in case of failure. I reckon he pretended to die, so that he wouldn't be in the Doctor's captivity, and that he told Lucy to shoot him if he failed... S:|

Thu May 01, 2008 10:48 am
I need to shut the **** up

Oh gosh, the Weeping Angels was, like BEYOND FEAR!!!! I became so paranoid after that episode, I kept looking behind me.....
I still do.
Have you seen the most recent ones with Donna and Martha and UNIT? Yeah, I've gotta say, Catherine Tate RULES as the Doctor's assistant!
ANYWAY...........Yes I would definitely say the Ood. In Planet of the Ood, it was sooooo sad to see the Ood with their brains in their hands..... :cry:
And the singing....I was almost crying along with Donna........So yes, in conclusion, definitely the Ood.
As for the scariest, Weeping Angels ALL THE WAY!!! :P :P
{chingling} {piplup} Chingling {dragonite} {chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Last edited by *superiorchingling* on Mon May 12, 2008 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have to agree, the Ood are the creepiest thing I have seen on docter who

Sat May 10, 2008 3:34 pm

The Ood are not creepy, they are COOL!
{dragonite} {piplup} {chingling}

Sun May 11, 2008 10:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Weeping Angels BY FAR.

Sun May 11, 2008 11:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SuperiorChingling... The Sontarans are by no means new. They've been around for a while. Over 30 years to be precise. But anyway, back on topic. I'd say the scariest Doctor Who villains would be Cybermen. If you've ever watched any of the previous series with Cybermen I think you'll agree. But the best... Easily Davros. You can't get more evil than Davros. While I agree the Master is a contender, he just doesn't shape up to Davros.

Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Davros is coming back for the end of the series. It's rumored also that Rose dies. DOUBLE WIN! I hate Rose. I have to say that the Daleks were scary the first time they came back, but now they're overplayed. RTD seems intent on wedging something about into every series, making them the second most recurring feature of the revival, the first being the obligatory gay references. Ugh...

Anyway, RTD is being replaced by Moffat. Creator of the weeping angels and the empty child and the clockwork droids, but they were crap so let's not dwell on that. So expect more talk about bananas.

Sat May 24, 2008 8:57 am

2x4b wrote:
SuperiorChingling... The Sontarans are by no means new. They've been around for a while. Over 30 years to be precise.

Did I ever say that they were new? Nuh-uh.

rio_uk wrote:
Davros is coming back for the end of the series. It's rumored also that Rose dies. DOUBLE WIN! I hate Rose. I have to say that the Daleks were scary the first time they came back, but now they're overplayed. RTD seems intent on wedging something about into every series, making them the second most recurring feature of the revival, the first being the obligatory gay references. Ugh...

Anyway, RTD is being replaced by Moffat. Creator of the weeping angels and the empty child and the clockwork droids, but they were crap so let's not dwell on that. So expect more talk about bananas.

Clockwork droids are not crap, they are merely slightly pathetic.
Weeping Angles are like :O :O :O SCARY
Hmmm...empty child, didnt see that one. I know who it is though, with captain Jack and the Chula and Nancy and "MUMMY! ARE YOU MY MUMMY?"

Respect to Moffat and his daughter, who played Jenny the general anomaly suberbly well. He's also written the most recent Doctor Who episode, Silence in the Library.
Who's Davros?? The Dalek Emperor?? :?
Cybermen, Shmybermen. Steel creatures, terrifyingly unusual. Tchah! Who needs them. They don't even come back in this series.

And who's RTD? One of the storywriters?
{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {piplup} {chingling}

Mon May 26, 2008 7:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

*superiorchingling* wrote:

1.Respect to Moffat and his daughter, who played Jenny the general anomaly

2.Who's Davros?? The Dalek Emperor?? :?

3.And who's RTD? One of the storywriters?

'kay, in order.

1. I think you need to see the first paragraph of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Moffet

2. He's the ancient creator of daleks

3. ONLY RUSSEL T DAVIES! The queer, Welsh super-brain behind the revival.

Wed May 28, 2008 9:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I change mine to the skin person in the beggining of the serries and the most recent episode with the war people

Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassandra and the Sontarans? Or the Hath?

Tell you what, though, Torchwood were AWESOME as bad guys, and I hope they reveal why Liz the first has a vendetta with the Doctor...

Thu May 29, 2008 2:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I dont remember her name but it was like the third episode of the serries

Thu May 29, 2008 4:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay... I'm changing my scariest villain to something else. Not technically a villain. The Vashta Nerada. Piranhas of the Air. The Shadows that melt the Flesh. Steven Moffat is a master of inducing terror. Seriously.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:20 am

oopsie....georgia moffat, I got the wrong idea... :oops:
2x4b wrote:
Okay... I'm changing my scariest villain to something else. Not technically a villain. The Vashta Nerada. Piranhas of the Air. The Shadows that melt the Flesh. Steven Moffat is a master of inducing terror. Seriously.

Too true! Steven Moffat, THE best Doctor Who writer!
quote, unquote:"Hey! Who turned out the lights?" "Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved." "The world of reality is a lie. The world of nightmares is real. There really are people trapped in there...."
From Silence in The Library.
Russel T Davies is Welsh......Welsh people RULE! Being welsh, I'm slightly biased, but hey!

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The best villain is the adipose :( They're so freaking cute. You just want to cuddle them and buy 600 adipose action figures and stick them all on my chest of drawers. (Hurray!) As for the scariest, the stone angel episode was the one which terrified me most, followed by the clockwork droids. There's just that one point in the episode where the doctor points out the clock is broken but it's still ticking. I haven't had a clock in my room since :x I didn't find the empty child scary at all, and vashta nerada aren't too scary.

What order from favourite to least favourite would people put this series' episodes in?
Me: The Unicorn and the Wasp > Partners in Crime > Silence in the Library > The Doctor's Daughter > The Sontaran Stratagem > Planet of the Ood > The Poison Sky > Fires of Pompeii

I think the next three will be really good too, and I have a good feeling about Midnight. Also, don't you think River Runs is such a much better name than Forest of the Dead? I want to know why it was changed :(

Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:38 pm

WHOOAA!!! Midnight was creepy and UTTERLY weird.....
The Doctor:"Shamble Bobble Dibble Dooble" lol.
WHOA! (again) at RTD's legendary writing skills! Turn Left was incredible! A parallel universe where everyone dies! and Rose comes back! Coolio!
The Stolen Earth is the next one, and Methinks Mr Davros is coming back for the enormous family reunion in the next episode....

{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {chingling} {piplup}

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Legendary writing? All he did was write what would have happened if the Doctor had died. It doesn't take a genius to think about it. Stolen Earth was incredible but I personally don't think the Doctor will regenerate. I'm guessing it's a teleport cause it's the kind of thing Davros would do. And it wouldn't make much sense to just have the Doctor waste a regeneration like that. Especially if the BBC plans on having the series continue for a while. Four series per regeneration and he has 3 left. 2 if you count him regenerating now.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 pm

OH WOW! The Stolen Earth was really clever ;) I think the Doctor's gonna regenerate into the same person as he is now (David Tennant) but with a repaired body and stuff!

2x4b wrote:
Legendary writing? All he did was write what would have happened if the Doctor had died. It doesn't take a genius to think about it.

Yeah well I'm easily impressed. :mad: :wink:

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:03 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

2x4b wrote:
Especially if the BBC plans on having the series continue for a while. Four series per regeneration and he has 3 left. 2 if you count him regenerating now.

The writers will find a way to circumvent the regeneration limit. They've already gotten around it various times with the Master (giving him a new set of regenerations, resurrecting him in the Time War, etc.) so there's no reason to expect that they won't come up with some convenient way to explain why the Thirteenth Doctor is still able to regenerate.

Back to the topic, I loved Julian Bleach's performance as Davros. Possibly my favorite version of him so far, although I've only seen this and Genesis of the Daleks. Can't say I liked the mask, though, it looked too much like latex to me.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I -knew- that hand had something to do with it. But anyway. Whatever those writers are paid, it isn't enough. That was a fantastic episode! Little tongue in cheek reference to The Unquiet Dead was a nice touch as well. Personally I think they phoned it in on the Rose ending but the Donna ending was just sad enough for pity.

Back on topic... Davros is the best villain. I think anybody who was a fan of the old Doctor Who especially the Fourth Doctor would have to agree. He's insane, sinister, cruel, intelligent and malevolent all at the same time. But for an overall species I would have to say the Daleks. Btw did anybody notice that The Doctor sounded different at the start of the episode? For the first five minutes or so his voice was a bit deep.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 pm

2x4b wrote:
Btw did anybody notice that The Doctor sounded different at the start of the episode? For the first five minutes or so his voice was a bit deep.

Maybe it's to do with the regenerating??
Oh wow!!! That episode was superb! Tension, action, romance, tragedy.....all rolled up into one episode! It really was great, what with Donna being half Time Lord and getting the Doctor's speech patterns.
I wrote:
I think the Doctor's gonna regenerate into the same person as he is now (David Tennant) but with a repaired body and stuff!

YESS!!! I was right!! I KNEW David Tennant was staying!! Unfortunately I have some sad news:There will be no Doctor Who episodes in 2009 due to David T. acting in Macbeth....or something. But you people are good with the gossip so you all probably know that.
The whole Osterhagan thing was really clever, but I can't believe that Martha would do that. Jack <3 Martha lol. Mickey and Jackie coming back was really great because I thought poor Sarah Jane was dead!! I also loved the K9 thing and that the end of the sentence in Doomsday with Torchwood and Canary Wharf was i love you, I bet.
Well, I've said everything that I want to say.
<ENORMOUS, DEEP BREATHS> :lol:

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:39 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

*superiorchingling* wrote:
Unfortunately I have some sad news:There will be no Doctor Who episodes in 2009 due to David T. acting in Macbeth....or something.

Couple of things wrong with this sentence:

1) There won't be a full series next year, but we will be getting a few hour-long episodes throughout the year, written by RTD. So, not a complete lack of Who.
2) The break is because the production crew needed a rest, and DT decided to use the extra time to star in Hamlet, not the other way around like people seem to be claiming (i.e. DT decided to do Hamlet, so the BBC thought up the idea of specials all year to accomodate him).

Anyway, there's another mini-episode (in the vein of the two Children in Need specials) in a few weeks, then the Christmas special with the Cybermen, so we have that to look forward to for the rest of 2008 to prepare for the 'off' year in 2009.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh yay. The daleks were definitively destroyed AGAIN.

We should make a petition to bring them back for good.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:06 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

rio_uk wrote:
Oh yay. The daleks were definitively destroyed AGAIN.

We should make a petition to bring them back for good.

Well, not necessarily. There was that group of Daleks that got sucked into the void along with the Cybermen in Doomsday. That's probably where the Cybermen in this year's Christmas special came from (assuming they're the alt-Earth Cybermen, I wasn't looking for the Cybus logo on their chests the only time I saw the teaser). All RTD would need to do is sci-fi up a way for them to break back into our universe and time-travel to the Victorian era.

But the production team really needs to stop bringing back the Daleks and then destroying them in the same story. Look at how many times they've been brought back:

1) Dalek (single Dalek that survived the Time War, destroyed itself)
2) The Parting of the Ways (Dalek Emperor makes a new race of Daleks using humans, Bad Wolf'd into dust)
3) Doomsday (Cult of Skaro/Genesis Ark, sucked into the Void)
4) Evolution of the Daleks (Cult of Skaro infuses humans with Dalek DNA, most of the Cult gets killed and the Dalek humans die)
5) The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (Davros makes a new race of Daleks using himself, their ship gets destroyed along with all of the Daleks outside the ship)

I'd like to let them settle down on some barren planet somewhere so we don't get the "OH GOD THEY'RE BACK OH GOD THEY'RE ALL GONE AGAIN" thing every time the Daleks appear.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not RTD any more, by ther way. It's now Stephen Moffat. Knowing his knack of creating original enemies, we may have a dalek free 2010.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next