It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What pokemon do you want to evolve in the 5th gen of pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I personally want a evo branch off shelgon, Taurous and Miltank to have a pre-evo, Parachisu to evolve, Lapras evo nd pre evo, Jynx to evolve Mawile, sabelye,skarmory banette to evolve and Tangela (to complete the line)Lickitung (to complete the line) pre evos for thos 2

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aerodactyl

Two head
Another set of wing
higher attack {aerodactyl} {aerodactyl}

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:43 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's a very good question. what i really want is an evolved for of gyarados with three heads and the type dragon instead of flying. Also farfetch'd and quilfish should have some as well as dunsparce, heracross and pinsir.
DragonSpear~

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd like more than two Eevees this time, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl. Tauros and Miltank should evolve from something. The other first generation pokemon are probably past their time to get an evolution. I could see Houndoom, Mantine, and Octillary getting evolutions, but its unlikely.

I heard something about this generation being less about evolutions, but more based on egyptian and greek/roman gods, but at this stage, it is extremely unlikely.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sneasel and Skarmory. But Skarmorys evo would be pretty uber. Qwilfish and Pinsir. Maybe Heracross. Weesing and Muk also.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think sudowoodo, jynx and mr mime to have evos and have a mrs mime if a girl mime jr evolves...manaphy should also have an evo and for lapras to have both pre evo and evo, maybe even nosepass with a pre evo

Sat May 03, 2008 6:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think Surskit/Masquerain could use an evo.

For the most part, I actually want fewer evolutions. It's a bloody wonder that so many first-gen critters have survived this long without evos or prevos; I feel it would detract from their unique character to slap on a derivative. RSE critters, I don't care so much; they were pretty mediocre in the first place.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat May 03, 2008 8:09 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Nida wrote:
It's a bloody wonder that so many first-gen critters have survived this long without evos or prevos.

Define "many."

Almost everything that wasn't legendary or didn't already have a three-stage evolution line has received additional stages since RBY. By my count there's only a few remaining survivors: Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl and a couple of others. Kangaskhan, for some baffling reason, is still a single-stage family, even though Rooskhan is the only baby Pokemon who actually existed back in RBY.

Tauros doesn't count; it received a female counterpart in Miltank and chances are that it will probably be given a pre-evolutionary link. Pinsir is kind of the mid-point in my eyes as its (unrelated) counterpart is Heracross. Farfetch'd is still a single-stage Pokemon... but that's probably because Gamefreak has forgotten about Farfetch'd's mere existence. Still, point is that GSC and DP both went out of control with the evolutions and pre-evolutions for the old Pokemon.

Though, all I have to say on the original topic is NO MORE EEVEES. God, do we really need an incredibly overrated/mediocre Eeveelution for EVERY SINGLE EXISTING TYPE? No. We don't. For the love of all that doesn't suck, no more of them!

Also, I hate topics like this. You suddenly see people saying that absolutely everything needs an evolution. They don't. Just because something doesn't have three stages doesn't mean it needs enough forms to get to three. Stinkers like Masquerain and Delcatty? Sure, evolve them. DP did get several evolutions (Ambipom, Togekiss, Mamoswine) right in that regard; they improved things that pretty much sucked balls. But Pokemon like Weezing and Heracross? Do we really need another round of bitching like what happened with Rhyperior evolving from the perfectly usable Rhydon? No thanks.

Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Anyone who suggests a Pokemon needs a pre-evolution should be slapped in the face with a brick.

I'm serious.

Sat May 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey guys, lets make a list of every uo and some average ones too.

Krisp, pre-evolves can be useful for the move charm, encore, and sweet kiss. Can't forget about the baby moves.

I consider Giratina the 'opposite side' of the mystical Dialga and Palkia, being born when the world was first created. Basically the anti-existence to all the other pokemon.

Sun May 04, 2008 5:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Clmaster wrote:
Krisp, pre-evolves can be useful for the move charm, encore, and sweet kiss. Can't forget about the baby moves.

Why not provide new-gen critters which can breed them on, or better yet, add them as egg moves in the next gen? There's no need to make prevos which are competitively useless.

Addendum: If Ditto ever gets a pr/evo, I QUIT POKEMON.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sun May 04, 2008 9:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

{lapras} Should have a baby i think. I have no reason... but I thin a baby-lapras would be cute...
{corsola} should have a baby AND an evolution. The baby coul be this Image. I found i with google

That's what I think.

Sun May 04, 2008 9:33 am
I need to shut the **** up

hmmmm..... {kangaskhan} {eevee} {dunsparce} {girafarig} {qwilfish} {mantine} {swalot} {spinda} {castform} {chimecho} {lucario}
Imagine lucario's evolution.... :shock:
{dragonite} {piplup} {chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Sun May 04, 2008 11:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think I'm in agreement with the people who don't want anymore evolutions of previous generation Pokemon. I really feel that the game has more diversity in having some 2 step evolutions and some Pokemon that don't evolve at all. A lot of the add-on evolutions just seem like they're there just to be there. Look at magnemite, for example:
{magnemite}
Cool, a gen 1 metal/machine like Pokemon that looks like a magnet. We don't have the steel type in gen 1, so this is pretty unique.

{magneton}
So when three of these get together they become a magneton? Makes sense in the Poke world - the magnet Pokemon attracts others of its kind with the magnetic pull.

{magnezone}
We've established that these guys evolve by attracting more magnemites so what the heck happened here? They become a flying saucer?

Magneton was a perfectly good Pokemon on its own; Magnezone was just uncalled for and it didn't even follow the Pokemon's traditional style of evolution (the most logical choice for a third evolution would have just been more magnemites/magnetons coming together, and we still didn't even need that one). It's the same with Pokemon like Lickitung, Tangela, Mr. Mime, Sneasel, Electebuzz, Sudowoodo, etc. Those Pokemon were unique and cool all on their own - we don't need electekid and a second lickitung evolution with funny looking hair, or a Tangela with arms.

I think future generations should just leave the classics alone and start new Pokemon concepts. Granted, I liked some of the new evolutions G/S/C brought, but it didn't feel like those games were just digging for old Pokemon to evolve, but now it's just starting to seem like everything needs an evolution. How about instead of making 8 more Eevee forms, we just leave the Eevees alone and start a new Eevee-like concept with a new Pokemon? I don't want to see what Pikachu looks like if you give it a water stone or how much blobbier the evolved ditto is. I'd rather just see an existing Pokemon's counterpart than a messy version of the existing Pokemon. It really does detract from a Pokemon's personality or how we think of the Pokemon knowing that something like the Electabuzz comes from a dinky little thing with a electrical plug on its head or Piloswine (which is described as having poor eye sight making it charge randomly and have good hearing) turns into the wide eyed smooth-haired mamoswine.

{swinub} {piloswine} {mamoswine}

Mon May 05, 2008 2:53 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Pre-evolutions don't have that much impact on competitive battle, and very few have decent egg moves or level-up moves that the higher evolved forms didn't know, with the notable exception of Pichu's notorious Volt Tackle, and the somewhat-notable exception of Wynaut's Encore (demon move). Besides, they're always weaker than their higher counterparts, with a lacking movepool, and they only exist for that forsaken Jumprope game in Generation III. And to add on to that, we don't need any more Essence items. It takes the little fun there is out of breeding.

Before Generation IV came out, I was rather impartial toward the Eeveelutions. 5 was enough, and I'd taken a liking to Vaporeon. Now there's 7, and now I pretty much hate the Eevee family. Geez, we do not need any more.

Making evolutions of older Pokemon, like Gen I or so, may be nice, but also be tedious, because soon, everything will have a 3-stage evolutionary line, and part of the variety will be lost.

For evolutions themselves, the only one who I think deserves it more than others is Pinsir, as he's been nerfed ever since his creation, with Scyther in Generation I, and onward from Generation II the evolution Scizor and the all-too-coveted Heracross.

The baby Kangaskhan is the only new pre-evolution that really should exist. Why should an egg hatch into a fully grown mother, with the baby in the pouch?

Nida wrote:
Addendum: If Ditto ever gets a pr/evo, I QUIT POKEMON.

A Ditto line would end in absolute madness.

In conclusion, not everything needs an evolution, but I'm happy with the more recent evolutions that exist now (Rhyperior, Electivire, Porygon-Z, and Froslass).

- DNA

Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 pm

DNA said:
Quote:
In conclusion, not everything needs an evolution

Most things do really, though. just think of the possibilities!!!
Frost said:
Quote:

Though, all I have to say on the original topic is NO MORE EEVEES.

:shock: :shock: :shock: you must be MAD!! eeveelutions rule, as long as they're unique and cool!

Wed May 07, 2008 1:32 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd like a baby kankaskan and an evolution of evee which is ice type

Thu May 08, 2008 1:41 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

*superiorchingling* wrote:
DNA said:
Quote:
In conclusion, not everything needs an evolution

Most things do really, though. just think of the possibilities!!!
Frost said:
Quote:

Though, all I have to say on the original topic is NO MORE EEVEES.

:shock: :shock: :shock: you must be MAD!! eeveelutions rule, as long as they're unique and cool!

Chingling, you're crazy.

Thu May 08, 2008 4:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zapdosfan wrote:
I'd like a baby kankaskan and an evolution of evee which is ice type

Search up Glaceon and don't hold your breath.

Fri May 09, 2008 8:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow wow wow... lots of fiery words and opinions... good...

well... I personally have nothing against Eevee-lutions... there are some i simply adore, such as flareon and umbreon! and i like to collect the other ones... =x
i have nothing against making other types of eevee's such as ghost, fighting, dragon or whatever...
although not necessary, would be fun...

as lots have stated, some pokemon are JUST FINE the way they are... and I think a couple DESERVE or MUST HAVE and evo/pre-evo...

such as:
{pinsir} should Evolve... it has been Hold back for a long time and it is a very good pokemon... with an evo it would Surely fit in my team...
{kangaskhan} should have a prevo simply cuz it is not Logical to have one hatch with a baby in its pouch! not only that... the baby kangas should only evolve to a fully grown kangaskhan when a Baby is in the party... makes perfectly sense, i think...
{heracross} SHOULD NOT have an evo... it is already overpowered as it is... although, if u compare it to some other pokemon an evo would be ok... but I still say no... =x
Any other Pokemon that are too big to hatch from an Egg, Like Snorlax was, until Munchlax came along, should have a prevo... simply for logical reasons... i for one cannot bear to breed Tauros because the Idea of a Fully grown BULL hatch out of a couple of inches EGG makes me go mad! It already is a BULL... so... =x

thats all I can think of right now...

Fri May 09, 2008 10:24 am

IT'S TRUE!!!
Ok, maybe not, but I was really sucked up into these new evos!
{weavile} , I agree, wasn't that great, but stlll, it looked great.
Otter wrote:
We've established that these guys evolve by attracting more magnemites so what the heck happened here? They become a flying saucer?

Magneton was a perfectly good Pokemon on its own; Magnezone was just uncalled for and it didn't even follow the Pokemon's traditional style of evolution (the most logical choice for a third evolution would have just been more magnemites/magnetons coming together, and we still didn't even need that one).
OK, this makes perfect sense and I agree that making Magnezone was A) illogical and B) idiotic.

{lickilicky} oh please another unimaginably rubbish Pokemon with a bad movepool--and as someone said, lickylcky is just {lickitung} with a straighter tongue and a bizarre hairdo.

{rhyperior} Enough of the slandering of Rhyperior!!!! It looks a lot better than {rhydon} if you ask me and gets a whole lot more powerful! :evil:

{tangrowth} was useless. {tangela} with arms. USELESS

{electivire} TOO COOL! :P

{magmortar} ^ ^
see above

{togekiss}
Frost wrote:
DP did get several evolutions (Ambipom, Togekiss, Mamoswine) right in that regard; they improved things that pretty much sucked balls.
^^says it all.

{yanmega} is a good battler, and very useful with it's unbelievable speed. I also enjoy the attack stats.

{leafeon} + {glaceon} GO THEM!! not at all useless! Eeveelutions 4eva! <*woop woop*>

{gliscor} My opinion is that all this evolution of {gligar} is for is to look more evil than it's pre-evolution and also to look cool. What is it's use?

{mamoswine} useless.
Otter wrote:
Piloswine (which is described as having poor eye sight making it charge randomly and have good hearing) turns into the wide eyed smooth-haired mamoswine.

{probopass} {froslass} USELESS! Since when did we need a female {glalie} ? Glalie looks feminine enough, if you ask me. And Probopass, is a Mr Potato head wannabe. A BLUE Mr Potato head wannabe.

{porygon-z} Yaaay! The evolution of {porygon} and {porygon2} turning dubious was a great idea on Nintendo's behalf.

{gallade} Is not as useless as people think. No, not at all! I, for one, love gallade!

DNA wrote:
Chingling, you're crazy.
Durrrrr.....

Fri May 09, 2008 11:48 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Do we really need another round of bitching like what happened with Rhyperior evolving from the perfectly usable Rhydon? No thanks.

Yes, Rhydon was good as it is, but Solid Rock is, at the very least, an improvement...with the cost of not being able to use Double-Edge etc. as effectively...

Electivire is an absolute demon, far superior to Electabuzz.

Yanmega is...decent. As for Gliscor:

Gnaaye wrote:
Gliscor is there because it can handle THE scariest Scarfer, something even Skarm has troubles with - Heracross.
Close Combat vs. Max HP/Defense+ Skarmory 54–63%.

The only thing Hera can do against Gliscor is to StoneEdge pitifully, which has 8 PP at most, %85 accuracy and %30-35 damage at average.

Go Gnaaye.

Froslass isn't useless. Glalie is the definition of mediocre. Froslass has the same base stat total, but has 10 less HP, Def, and SD, and trades them for 30 more Speed. And it has as many uses as Gengar.

Porygon-Z is like a slower version of Alakazam that can Boltbeam. Goody-goody.

Everything else I didn't talk about is either meh or worse than meh, which I can remember. And I have the feeling I posted this a long time ago...

Fri May 09, 2008 2:36 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I think that {weavile} was one of the better choices for evolution of an older, ignored Poke. Since the days of Gold and Silver, I always used sneasel as a team member (Before I understood DVs and whatnot) and even then I noticed that it kinda sucked.... But I still liked it.

Now that it can evolve, it's actually usable competitively, which I think is great :D

~ Face

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Mon May 12, 2008 4:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My case is similar to yours, Face, but instead of Sneasel, I like Tangela and now I have the chance of using it competitively as Tangrowth.

Pokemon I want to see evolve? Banette definitely. Dusclops, the Ruby (it appears more frequently in this game than in Sapphire) Ghost Pokemon, got his evo but not Banette, his Sapphire counterpart. And since Dusknoir has more defenses that Dusclops, I can assume that a Banette evo would get a higher Attack and some Speed for sweeping capabilities.

Other Pokemon I want to evolve are Rapidash, Sandslash, Tropius, Spinda and Castform.

Mon May 12, 2008 7:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah a dark/fire rapidash a black flaming pegasus lol anyway although they shouldm keep new evos comming in i think they should do less than D/P/Platinum becasue they did an overload in evos and yeah i liked the weaville tangrowth gliscor and mamoswine(cause it ma 2nd fave poke lol) P.S guys keep tis topic running

Tue May 13, 2008 1:49 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next