It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Suicune not showing up? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I decided to play an old Firered save... but I noticed that I haven't founded Suicune anywhere. More than one hundred hour of play, never (almost sure >_>) used repels and always go through grass to get battles... And some time ago, I have see a topic saying something about a glitch, which makes this legendary to disappear. Any information? Is that true? How can I avoid this in my new game? Any way to fix it?

(sorry for grammars mistakes, I'm BR >_<)

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A strategy I read in a FAQ follows:
  • Have your lure, level 40 or lower, at the front of the party. (If you've got a lure which can outspeed Suicune and entrap it, all the better.)

• Proceed with ~50 Super Repels to Vermilion City. Head east to the first grassy spot, engage a Super Repel, and start biking.

• If Suicune doesn't show up before the Repel wears off, duck back west a screen and enter Dugtrio's Cave. This is a full area transition and triggers Suicune's travel script.

• Immediately leave the cave and repeat step 2: Super Repel, enter grass, keep squirming until either the dog appears or the Repel runs out.

You should see Suicune within 50 Super Repels; if not, reset and try again. This has been successful for all three of my dogs.

Of course, this assumes a couple things: one, that you've actually let the dog out (lol 1990s songs); and two, that there isn't a dog-eating glitch at work here. Best of luck.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nida wrote:
Of course, this assumes a couple things: one, that you've actually let the dog out (lol 1990s songs); and two, that there isn't a dog-eating glitch at work here.

Suicune, fortunately, does not know Roar, so you don't have to worry about the glitch.

To "let the dog out", fix Celio's machine (giving him the Ruby and Sapphire Plates).

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I gave him the plates, but no luck at all :( Does it appear only in Sevii Islands? Or only in Johto? Also, I have used that trick once, but no more than 10 minutes...

Anyway, thanks for the replies =)

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The dog definitely appears on mainland Kanto; I'm unsure whether it appears on the islands. So long as the machine is fixed and Celio can connect to Lanette's PC, you're in good shape to try the Super Repel trick again.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Valid points all, but the problem could be rather simple...

Suicune only shows up after you beat the E4, and then only if you have the right starter...

I asked this question a while ago, and you have to choose a certain starter to get a certain Legendary Dog... Each one has a different correlation.

I believe Suicune comes with Charmander.
Entei comes if you chose Bulbasaur.
And Raikou if you have Squirtle.

Hope this helps. You can only get one Legendary Dog per game, so get different starters! Completing the Pokedex in one will benefit here, so you can trade in/out.

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If she's given Celio the plates, then she's already beaten the E4.

I assume that if she hasn't encountered any other dogs, then she knows what she's doing with regards to starters... ;)

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just making the point that you have to have the right starter for Suicune...

That's all. It's already hard enough to find...

Writers' Challenge

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I chose Charmander and beat the Elite Four. I know about that, don't worry =P

I'll try what Nida said... but may I use Fly instead of go to the cave? And why don't use Max Repels?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:57 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

These are strategies I used in GSC, but I also used them for catching the Lati@s, so they should hold true here as well.

-Bring at least 40 Max Repels along with you.
-Make sure your lead is at level 50 or lower. If it's higher it won't work. Also, make sure it has either Mean Look or Block. Unlike GSC, attraction and sleep will not work! (In RSE I used Nosepass, but if you use Nosepass give it the Quick Claw. If you can get your hands on Crobat, that'd be best. I couldn't use it on the Lati@s because they kill him in one shot.)
-Bring a Pokemon with Fly. Flying to a city completely re-randomizes the dog's location.
-Bring Hyper Potions, and a lot of them. It's very likely you'll be fighting endurance matches against them.
-Going off the boundary of a route, or entering a door of a building or cave always makes the dog move 1 route in a random direction. Therefore, it's best if the dog is 2 walks away from you.
-Fly to Cerulean City for best results; it goes 4 ways, and none of them are surrounded by guard houses, unlike Saffron. This makes the dog's movements easier to predict.
-Make sure the dog is 2 routes away from you; e.g. Route 25 is 2 north of Saffron. Calculate that for south, east, and west (I forgot the routes myself). (Route 25 is best, as it only has one way out.)
-Once you get it to run on the same route as you, save your game, use a Max Repel at the grass, and proceed running around.
-If you haven't found it yet, just go to any route 1 away from Cerulean, save, use a Max Repel, and run around hoping for the best. (It worked in GSC for me.) If you don't find it, reset. (Resetting also re-randomizes the dog's location.)
-I've heard a rumor that having the dog use Roar against you prevents it from reappearing. Fortunately, Suicune doesn't learn Roar, so you should be fine.

Most importantly, I wish you the best of luck with getting Suicune.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Great tips from DNA, but I'd also like to input my opinion here.

Every time you move a Route, the Dog changes location. So switching back and forth will help you a ton. Just pick a city (I'd say Celadon), then keep going into the city and back out again. Hopefully this will help.

Writers' Challenge

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

DNA wrote:
-Going off the boundary of a route, or entering a door of a building or cave always makes the dog move 1 route in a random direction. Therefore, it's best if the dog is 2 walks away from you.

^I'd like to point out that I did cover that.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

all recommended strategies work but i personally have a better way of going about;
first i would recomend using your masterball, if you have already used it then follow others recomandations for which pokemon to use
now find any patch of grass in kanto and save
every time you turn the game back on suicune also changes locations, i found this out by accident
also you don't need repels, in fact i find the use of them worse, heres why - because if the dog is on the same path as you, the first pokemon you will encounter in a battle is suicune (priority) so if you encounter a pokemon that isn't a dog, restart and repeat
if he doesn't show up soft reset the game repeadetly until you encounter suicune
when u encounter him either catch him using a masterball or other's recomandations (i'm only giving advice on how to encounter suicune)
now for those of you who believe i'm wrong i have caught all three dogs using this method, it took me about 10 - 30 mins each
I hope this helps

Thu May 08, 2008 3:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I also choose Charmander as starter so I will get Suicune as well. First for me I decided to get a Hitmonlee by my Hitmonchan breed with Ditto.I decided 2 eggs,and I exchange Hitmonchan with Charizard. I go to the Vermillion City and got it hatch but I getting irritated because the stats of the egg didn't change at all (I didn't use repels or Grimer's Stench).

Then,I get the egg from Charizard I exchange Ditto with of my party Pokemon (I can't remember) and my Raichu at Route 11 in the Daycare and some Pokemon in the PC,leaving only Mewtwo and the 3 eggs.I go now hatch the eggs,after a long minutes of hatching the status didn't change.

Later,again it didn't change until a Wild Pokemon appears but I was shocked the sound is like the sound of battling a Legendary Pokemon.Then it's Suicune,I have save my Master Ball for it so I catch it.And after 10 minutes the 2 Tyrouges hatch and 1 Charmander ready for trade.

Then I used Grimer's Stench. Actually I planed to catch Suicune,in case the eggs are hard to hatch.And after that,my Party is ready for leveling up.

The pathway I use to hatch the eggs are from Vermillion City to Route 12, the exact location was at the Vermillion Port there's a tent and a rock flooring at the end of it I started cycling left to right. You can enter the building as well (the one where you get the itemfinder).

-blazing blaziken

Thu May 08, 2008 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I strongly recommend the just restart, restart, restart method... I just got mine after less than a few minutes.

Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

dont u have to already see suicune to use the start and reset method? cuz thats how u track down where it is.

Sat May 17, 2008 7:23 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

sacred ash wrote:
dont u have to already see suicune to use the start and reset method? cuz thats how u track down where it is.

No, it works just fine for the first encounter too.

Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]