It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sprites for friend code exchange 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Could there be sprites for the random images used in names? Like when you type {pokemon} and it shows their sprite. Sprites could be added for all of the letters and pictures in name entry. This would make adding and reading names for, say, wi-fi battles a lot easier.

for example, there is a music note that could be put into brackets {musicnote} and it would show a text sized note.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:37 am
The Geek
The Geek

I'm a little confused as to exactly what you're asking... if you could elaborate a bit, I could see what I can come up with.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think what he means is:

He wants a few more smilies, like the little symbols from D/P, like the little smily faces and the music notes that can be put into your name, so when people are posting their name and FC they won't have to write something like:

Quote:
Name: [name] (: (yes the smiley face is the actual face in the game).

However, I don't see how this affects it, you could just write anything as the name. So if your name was

Quote:
AAAAAAAA (:
you could either type what's in the first quote or just AAAAAAAA. As long as your FC is correct, the name doesn't need to be.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:47 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Oh, so like the "Pk" or "Mn" characters you can name yourself in the GB/DS games? I suppose that would be useful to have. It should be easy enough to implement them, provided I can get the characters in the first place. Should be able to find those easy enough.

If I'm completely wrong about what you want, let me know. For now, I'm adding this to my list.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

IMO, it would be easier to take a picture of the sprites for FC exchange and edit out the rest of the picture in MS paint or any other programs, because IIRC a smiley can't be text, it has to be a picture. If I'm wrong, you could get them off the internet and do that, but if not I think you'd have to edit pictures (just in case you go to the trouble of finding them and then it doesn't work as text D:).

Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]