Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 11 days and Fire (NOT POKEMON) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Roleplay Name: 11 Days and Fire
Roleplay Genre: Historical tragedy

Setting: Pompeii, 79AD

Plot:
It is 79 AD. Strange tremors are shaking the Rome that the Emperor Titus has inherited. In 11 days hundreds of people will lose their lives to the fire god: Vulcan, this is their story...
Additional Rules:
Your character's name must be Latin i.e. ending in "-a" for a woman, and "-us" for a man. Each person has three names. First, family, and clan.

E.G.

1.Lucius Caecilius Iucundus and Quintus Caecilius Iucundus are father and son. LCI, as the oldest Caecilius Iucundus, formally takes the name "Caecilius", his wife, Metella calls him Lucius. Put "Metella semper est in atrio" in your first post so I know you've read this! QCI takes the name "Quintus".

In conclusion: The eldest male in each family is the only one to have an occupation, bar maybe his son. He takes the family name as his own. Everyone else takes their first names. Slaves have but one name.

2. If you're going to make a historical reference; make sure you know what you're talking about!

3. Sorry, girls, but female characters WILL be oppressed. That's the way it was, I'm afraid.

4. I decide when the days change. What with time difference and all, a real time RP wouldn't work.

5. Have fun!

5. All characters MUST be in Pompeii by the eleventh night, and everyone dies :D It's a tragedy! What did you expect?

Profile:

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] (If you are a woman character, I may not accept on grounds of profession.)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
Other:

NB: Personality we become apparent by the way they react to the tremors that I will place throughout the story.

Good luck :wink:

Name: Olivius Dextrus Decendus
Appearance: Tall with black hair, slender, and has a regal air about him, possibly due to many signum rings (look it up)
Other:

Name: Nemo (Meaning "nobody")
Appearance: Stocky build, with a heavily scarred torso, and long, black hair.
Other: No one knows his name, not even his owner: Dextrus.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:01 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
Name: Festus Sonvus Carthius
Appearance: Lean, tall man with short brown hair.
Other: Festus gave up trying to survive as a poor man and became a Gladiator a few years ago. His owner, Desiderius Corvus Usarvus, wasn't very willing to have another mouth to feed at his training school. But once Desiderius saw him fight, he knew Festus was a natural. Metella semper est in atrio. Festus uses a gladius (type of sword used by gladiators) and fights at the stadium in Pompeii.

By the way, not all Latin names end in -a or -us. Just wanted to point that out.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Note: Gladius can refer to any old sword...
ACCEPTED!

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]