It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 KoA's arts and pixels. A Gallery of sorts. 56K maybe! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Ask a local trucker for information regarding this subject.
I'll split this post half and half with art and sprites.

Let us dive into the Art, yes?

Forte from the Rockma.EXE series. You guys know him as Bass though. I basically drew what he'd look like if he became corrupted with absolute power.

Julia Belmont: My fan character for a long defunct Castlevania fangame. She was the daughter of Julius Belmont from AoS/DoS, and her story was an alternate sequel to AoS.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... pt_001.png

Charybdis: A boss design I came up with to be in that same game. In mythology, she is described as a giant maw in the ocean and was the sister of Scylla. Since Scylla already made an appearance in Symphony of The Night, Charybdis was sure to make an appearance as well. ;)

Warning: Due to the fact that the following link shows an exposed female upper body, I've decided to put it in code tags. If you want to view the image, you'll have to manually copy and paste knowing I gave you the warning in advance. I did not see anything in the rules concerning partial nudity in artwork. If this rubs anyone the wrong way, please tell me and I'll remove it.

Code:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly%20Recent%20to%20New%20Art/spit_image.php.png

<After these two pics, I got caught up in pokemon for a while and a lot of my following pieces are pokeart.>

Anywho, at Smogon, there was a series of "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, where the entire community came together and went through an elaborate process to create a brand new pokemon from scratch. In one part of the polls, there was an art stage where artists submitted their possible designs for what the pokemon was to possibly look like given that its typing was to be Ice/Bug and designed as a mixed sweeper. My design was as follows:

(By the way, the winning design was made by the user Cyzir Visheen)

Well, seeing as how my design lost to the better man, I began work on spriting him, since this was one of the final stages for the pokemon to go through, now named Syclant. In order to sprite him by scratch, I had to draw him up in a pose of my own to serve as a good reference. Again, the design is Cyzir's I only redrew him in a different pose.

What does the sprite look like? You'll have to check my sprite thread for that. :|

After the success of Smogon's first "Create-A-Pokemon" polls, a second one is currently underway and our typing this time is Ghost/Fight. The role it will play is a physically balanced pokemon. Alot of folks hoped for him to be a Banette evo, but the final vote ruled against this. But to make those chaps happy, I drew up some possible Bannette evo designs.

Design one was probably the most lol. I didn't realize it at first when I drew him, but his robes and the puppet handle behind his back and the way his arms were stretched out like that made him look like he was Jesus being crucified. With that, I dubbed this "Ghost of Jesus"

Design two was closer to my central idea of mixing in a puppeteer theme, but the face kinda killed it for me. :(

Design three was the final and best. I managed to not only express the puppeteer theme well, but I allowed him to be able to use the handle as a means for attacking and defending.

After the Banette evo ideas, I wanted to create some new Ghost/Fighting designs from scratch. This first one was reminiscent of a Viking Ghost, though that was unintentional as well. :/

This next design is my favorite of all of them. I did everything very well because of a great inspiration I had for him. Tell me if you can guess what it was. This is also the chosen design for it.

Revenankh is finished and the polls for a third one are underway. ;o

This next picture is pretty random and kinda sucks. It's just a dragon. I hate humanshaped dragons more than anything so I really don't know why I drew him.

Also, I made a conceptual picture of Steelix showing him drawn in several pieces. This has a specific purpose in mind and I won't quite reveal it yet...

This piece is an interpretation of what a Lugia fused with a Garchomp may look like:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... iChomp.png

This one is an Abomasnow Evolution named Yetalanche:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... lanche.png

This one is a Jynx evo named Voodear:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... ooDear.png

A bit of a double pack, this picture shows a Pinsir evo and a pre-evo for Lapras:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... t/News.png

Mamoswine. The best pokemon ever and my favorite one.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... oswine.png

This last one is a design for an Uber Dark/Steel type. It's meant ot be the mascot for one of the versions of a hopeful fangame. The counterpart in the other version is a Steel/Psychic type.

Yes, one arm was drawn intentionally.

Now let's move onto pixels, eh?

I'll try to group my sprites by style.

Well, despite my disdain for fusions, I've done a few only to get myself back into spriting after a long pause. I believe I added a new layer of depth to fusion-making as these ones required quite a bit of scratchwork as opposed to just flat-out C+Ping body parts together.

Heatran/Garchomp/Dusknoir = Heachoir
Tropius/Abomasnow = Tropiow

Swampert/Darkrai = Swamprai

My custom trainer sprite. I love Ice types the most, so hopefully my trainer sprite shows that.

These next few aren't pokemon styled, so bear with me a bit.

THe Deathvirus. An evil corrupted form of the LifeVirus from the Megaman Battlenetwork games.

A bunch of enemy viruses made in Battle network style as well:

Bandit: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Ninja_Bandit.png
Rogue: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Ninja_Rogue.png
Assassin: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Ninja_Assassin.png

Skulleton1: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Skulleton1.png
Skulleton2: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Skulleton2.png
Skulleton3: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My%20Sprites/Skulleton3.png

This is Eregion R. He was made in 32bit Megaman X style. My largest sprite to date and one of my personal favorites. Will appear as a boss in my fangame.

Crunch Piranha. My very first maverick. also done in 32bit X style and will appear in the same game.

This last crop are scratch pokemon sprites.

This is the sprite form of Syclant, whom was Smogon's first Create-A-Pokemon, IK just happened to make his sprites. It includes mail and female versions, as well as back sprites and shiny forms. See if you can spot all the differences between males and females. :P

What good is a pokemon without his mini party sprite?

Last but not least, his Battle animation:

These are all of Revenankh's sprites:

Larger Versions (IE, incorrectly sized)
ImageImage

Correct sizes:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I was part of this project over the summer to make individual eggs for each pokemon species. (Just the ones capable of being hatched anyway) These are just the ones I made:

I made them using features from the pokemon they were meant to produce. Hopefully you can tell who they all are from. If you can't tell who's who, I'll be happy to shed light.

Hopefully ya'll enjoy my spriteworks.

And that's my stuff at a glance. I'll occasionally update this thread as more work surfaces. :)

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:45 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Holy mo fo.

Would you be interested in spriting and stuff for a game I hope to be doing?

Pokemon Cobalt

We really need good spriters and you seem to be the answer. :o

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...whooooooaaaaaa

those are sooooooooo good, especially Syclant.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks for the compliments so far. Also, I'm too busy at the moment to dedicate work on a fangame as I've got loose ends to tie up.

But it appears the first guy got banned or something? ?_?

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:39 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Uh... yeah... we kinda look over that bit...

But absoloutly AMAZING work there, I especially loved Syclant, I like the original picture too, looks very stealthy (I like stealthy btw...)
So I hope you eventually get the time to join our site :)

-Cobalt Admin

~Death

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lawl. I got the probation rank because Krisp hates me. :) Also, if you ever get some free time and think you could use it spriting....come on down to Pokemon Cobalt....:P

~Co-Founder of Cobalt :P

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...holy c**p. That's absolute hotness.

And stop trying to reel him into Cobalt, guys!

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I neglected to say that one of my loose ends was a fangame of my own.

While it isn't a pokemon game (Though I had plans to make one originally), I've been going at it on and off for about 3 years. I actually talk about it briefly in my original post.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Updating with a pic of Chansey. I'm going to start coloring this tomorrow.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:43 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Two colored sketches for a Fire/Grass pokemon. I like the second one the best.

hueg pictures are hueg, so i resized them. please keep your images at a size that will not stretch the page.
-valentine

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:11 pm
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

I would say these are they best I seen, I would say 10/10!

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Updating with a colored picture of Milotic.

Full sized pic here:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... clarge.png

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:50 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Updating with a pic of Lapras, the elegant seafaring pokemon:

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Time to restore life into this thread.

I've been attempting to sprite Smogon's third Create-a-Pokemon creation for the sprite polls. It is a Fire/Grass type and is quite bulky in base stats. The design is not my own, but rather submitted by user Elagune, I only interpreted it as best as I could in sprite form.

Original sketch can be found here:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png

Anywho, my first round of sprites from it were not so good. I based them off of this sketch, whos main problem was the fact that I drew it too long horizontally thus causing problems upon resizing for sprite editing:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly%20Recent%20to%20New%20Art/gilaman.png

Don't get me wrong, the end result isn't terrible. Just see for yourself what could have been:

Early beta sprites:
Image Image Image Image Image

"Finished versions:
Image Image Image Image

I had originally messed with what types of flame looked better, but in the end it was all for naught, as I had abandoned that sprite and started from scratch on another.

This newer sprite I am immensely more confident about. For one, the pose is much better both in appearance and proportion. (It was easy as pie getting him into the 80x80 specs) I actuallly managed to finish this one off with all the necessary sprites for Shoddy. The sketch I drew for it is here:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/ ... ewpose.png

Works in Progress:
Image Image Image Image

Final product: (contains male and female versions and shiny palettes)
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

I put a lot of time and effort into these, so hopefully it shows. ;)

Fri May 09, 2008 1:46 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That's a cute Chansey. ;_;

Fri May 09, 2008 4:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

All of your animations are amazing!!!!!!

YOU ARE AMZING!!!!!

I love your work, keep it up.

(PS- I bookmarked this topic! :D )

Sat May 10, 2008 9:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Your sprites are amazing. Amazingly detailed but they do not appear cluttered. A

Sat May 10, 2008 4:39 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why thank you guys. Don't expect many more though for a while. I'm moving soon ;x

Sat May 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

whoa dude you are really a great artist. your scratch spriting skills are awesome, and your hand-drawn images are nice as well. you should color some of the sketches in, theyd look sweet. stick with it man

{dragonite}

Sat May 10, 2008 11:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's really good. Very realistic. The world needs more artists like you. Like Typhon said, stick with it man!!
DragonSpear~

Sun May 11, 2008 11:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow..totally amazing...ive just started trying to make my own pixel pokemon and such and was wondering what program you used when making these?

Tue May 13, 2008 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]