It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pokémon - Oracle of Legends: Alpha's Beta [PG-13] 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer's Corner: Yeah, it is 11:20 pm here, I'm tired, my eyelids are heavy, but... I can tell you that something took possesion of me and made me produce this out of complete nowhere.

What can I say about this chapter? Well, there is no battle, there is this weird lapse of blissful craziness of Stanley's, something rather confusing is mentioned, the book finaly does something resembling a gale in this story and... whatever...

Quote:
Ahh… the Ruins of Alph, these are one of the most important and emblematic places in the whole Johto Region; mostly for it's notorious connection to the small characters named 'Unown'.

This valley, adorned with these small and interesting characters that dot the rocky walls framing the entire path, grottos and chambers, is believed to hide countless of secrets and valuable information for new-age scientist; however, there haven’t been any major discoveries, other than finding doggedly clues about extinct creatures.

A place this interesting shouldn't be overlooked or forgot checking, for there are still many things to find here. Like our foursome, of two teenagers with an Eevee and an orange pokémon Egg, is just about to do.

#6: The tale, the Alpha and the four beyond the window.

After taking a long and deep breath, Stanley stretched his arms and placed his palms behind his nape, “Ahh, it was a good idea to put the egg away in the knapsack” he smiled out of relief as he remembered he wrapped the egg in warm blankets, resting inside his lightly rocking knapsack, attached to his back.

“How do you call this place, again?” asked a puzzled Calvin after looking around at the weird scribbling found throughout the rocky walls of the valley, showered by the implacable sun of the midday.

A surprised Stanley whirled to his right with wide eyes and said “Why, these are the Ruins of Alph, my friend” he then turned his gaze in front of them and to the trail, framed by rock walls, that rolled further, adding “And don't be bothered by the rather narrow path or those scribbles, alright?”.

“Now that you mention it, I've always liked to see one of those Unown for real” smiled a curious younger boy.

The older teenager with the white bandana on his head put his arms down again and sighed “This place brings me back many memories”.

He took another big breath of fresh air and continued “It was like eight years ago, when I and my parents paid a visit to an old friend of my father's, who was working hard in these ruins to solve a main phrase he's found in a grotto around the outskirts” ending this with rather low eyebrows.

“The old man had found the phase in a small corner of the chamber made of clay, it was written in these abstract characters that resembled simple Uppercase Letters; this sentence said 'The tale, the alpha and the four beyond the window' I recall it perfectly”.

“What made everyone look at it quizzically wasn't the air of relevance it exuded, or the precarious place it was found, but rather, the strange rectangle carved right below it, which looked like if something was missing”.

A nostalgic adolescent turned his gaze to the younger one, finding his narrowed lips and an arched eyebrow, who just wanted to learn what happened next.

Considering best not to ask what the blip does that expression mean, he opened his mouth and pronounced another idea that popped in his head right on time “Would you like to check the chamber?” before backing up said idea by adding “I remember where it is”.

Stanley wasn't exactly sure if he heard a response, or if Calvin had changed his face, because he just felt like if something or somebody was calling him from the very place they were aiming to go.

It was just something that reined it the older teenager's body and soul, a vivid feeling that felt like the sweetness of making an important discovery, and suddenly, the book he got that night flashed in his head; only to cause a smile to shine in his teeth, his shoulders to slack off and a pair of hurried feet towards the new destination.

Miles and miles of trail, foliage, sun and dust streamed backwards as his feet took him to the very place he had never visited for more than eight years, which looked like the all familiar wet and dark grotto of clay-stone; and to his, and his companions', surprise…

It was there, the untouched rocky wall with the enchanting characters carved in the stone saying 'The tale, the Alpha and the four beyond the window' with the same air of relevance, elegance and tranquillity to the blissful boy's eyes.

Just as if it was a key to unlock a magic treasure chest, the boy took the bible-thick, aged book he has got that night when his life was saved by a mysterious one, and placed it gently on the rectangle with a graceful vigour in his arms and with a spirited look to his eyes, hoping the best to happen…

But… what happened right after that moment…? Well… I think that's a story for another day…

Maybe it's just the time, but I cannot really express that I actually love this chapter because it's the most important thing there is to know about this.

I know, I'm sorry, I let many of you down with that CRAPPY ending, but not everything is lost, from here onwards the real thing IS about to start.

PLEASE, DON'T FORGET ME! *Echo*

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer's Corner: *Update!*

I think I'm starting to let this story fall into the land of the dead, but I hope that doesn't happen! It would be very frustrating, so here I come with next installment; which you'll find rather familiar because of the... um... dunno... BATTLE!!1

Yes, we have a battle here! YAY.

...Enjoy...!

Quote:
“Alright! So this will be a friendly, one-on-one encounter between the two of you, guys!” the voice of the young Calvin stroke the air with such impetus and excitement, that Stanley Natsuke and Yumi Baker thought that something was wrong in the dirty-blonde, fourteen-year old kid. Raising his right hand to the blue, clear midday skies, the youngster stated “It will be Stanley and his Zigzagoon, Token!” right after Stan had sent the racoon out of his red-and-white capsule.

Then, he turned to his left and raised said hand along with his voice saying “…and Yumi, with her Jigglypuff, Luna!” looking at this young, fifteen-year old tanned brunette in her navy blue jeans, brown jacket wrapped around her waist, a somewhat tight black T-shirt with dark green doodles depicted all around it, a number of wristbands and necklaces of any imaginable colours, along with some quiet red running shoes which matched with her thin red tiara with two small antennae-like things stretching backwards, sort of a Ledian’s antennae.

The small pink ball with two big eyes and a curly haircut blinked as it saw the Zigzagoon sitting there on the other side of the battle field of green wild grass, only broken by a tree and river flowing down the slope, as her owner took a green pokédex, similar to that of Stanley’s, out of her bulky Ledyba-looking backpack and proceeded to check said mammal.

#7: Spout of a Sudden - Part I.

“Are you guys ready?” asked the youngster to both combatants before watching them smile and nod pretty much at the same time, and so “Let the game begin!” Calvin shouted to the skies above to let the encounter start away.

“Ladies go first, Yumi” a polite fifteen-year old opponent smiled with confidence.

Her sweet voice, although kind, expressed a somewhat rude “Okay, whatever you say” as she shrugged, “Luna, Charm them in!” she voiced out her first move pointing at the unsuspecting, striped target just before the small ball of pink fluff made an endearing and distant eye contact with the racoon with her huge, green round eyes.

It was so enticing and alluringly pleasant indeed, but this wasn’t Stanley’s idea of a battle, so he commanded quickly before letting their opponent make the next move by saying “Hey Token, pull yourself together! Turn around and rake a Sand-Attack!”.

Like his trainer commanded, the racoon snapped out of it and started forcefully scouring the dirt with his hind legs, resulting in a massive stream of dust, which collided with the balloon’s cute eyes very accurately; causing it to shriek and whine in pain.

Just by looking a the poor thing rubbing her face and running around in despair, Yumi tried to pull the battle on her favour again, but her rushing thoughts were caught short by yet another order from Stanley, “Headbutt! Strike the Stride now!” he shouted with flaming eyes whilst stepping forward.

Before watching the racoon charge, she shouted “Quickly, Defence Curl!” and her voice arrived to her balloon’s ears, who slowed and breathed in to handle the incoming attack. Yumi didn’t know what to do next, but the racoon lunged itself at the inflated Jigglypuff at an amazing speed.

Streaks of pink fur and droplets of saliva flew to the air like scared doves as the collision blew the ball of fur away into high airs, she whirled around and saw her flying friend regaining airborne, and the girl’s shocked face was turned into a calmer one now, just in time for a brilliant idea to come.

“Luna, try to get back!” she commanded her pokémon at the distance, who inflated her body again and began puffing in the air to create the sensation it was flying back to the field, and once it got past her owner’s head, Yumi’s voice came again shouting “Use your Thunderbolt!” stepping forward, too.

Thunderbolt?!” blinked Stanley just before commanding “Do your own Shock Wave!”. Sparks began to crackle about both normal-types and they launched their electric charge quite at the same time, resulting in a spectacular show of yellow and blue flashlights that sparkled and glittered all over the place from the two colliding streams of energy.

Both normal-types and both kids seemed as startled and shocked from the lights as Calvin was, but Yumi took advantage of the situation and called “Hey, show us how you Sing!” just before watching her cute creature clearing her throat to start singing.

Without even knowing where to start looking, the next thing the flashed out racoon could hear was the most pleasant and beautiful melody he’s ever heard, which sank him into a free express trail to dreamland in seconds.

However, Yumi’s style isn’t exactly leaving things for tomorrow, so her next call, which came before Stanley’s next movement, should mark the end of the battle when she shouted “Wake-Up Slap, now!” as she watched Luna landing in front of the sleeping mammal and preparing her hand.

A cold, rock-dry slap sound filled everyone’s ears with pain, even though the slap wasn’t for them; but the only poor thing was Stanley’s Zigzagoon knocked out.

“Game, Set and Match! Zigzagoon cannot battle anymore; the victory is for Yumi and Luna!” Calvin shouted in excitement and joy as both players recalled their respective normal-types into their red-and-white capsules.

“It was a good game indeed, wasn’t it Stan?” the victorious girl winked at her friend, who just smiled back to her saying “If it wasn’t for that Wake-Up Slap’s direct hit, the match would have been a different one” in a similar fashion as they resumed their stroll down the river, towards south.

A conversation similar to this one was held by the three teenagers for quite some time there, as the river’s course shakily stretched forward, and the vegetation was becoming dense, so they stopped for lunch – a delicious veggie-and-chicken soup courtesy of Yumi, who was quite a pro cook.

But the good ol’ lunch time didn’t last for too long, some minutes after having settled at the edge of the river, something began to peek at them from beneath the surface with small round eyes, slippery blue skin and a smile in its face.

OMG Crew Addition! Yes, it's Yumi Baker!

Expect next part to be up soon, too. Becuase this is like an adaptation, AABM's style, of one of my favourite anime episodes, you'll see.

*Is off to sprite his Original Characters in this instant*

Edit: Character Sprites are now done, get to the first post and take a glance at them!!1 :D

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer's Corner: Yes, YES! There is an *Update!* just here.

Resuming the last addition, we finally get things wrapped up with this, and to be frank, the last part is very romantic... but I repeat myself that I am not an expert in romance, so perhaps it's not.

I hope you enjoy it, I did enjoy it quite a lot!

Quote:
#7: Spout of a Sudden - Part II.

The sun shone vivid at three O’ clock in the afternoon, the grass felt fresh and crispy, and the once boiling pot of soup found itself dry and empty now in the middle of the triangle of teenagers, who were sat by the river.

With the already bone-dry dish in his hands, the joyous, slightly-tanned adolescent looked at his lower right and enquired his two normal-types “Ah, this soup is delicious, isn’t it, guys?” with a big grin in his teeth, just in time for looking at them squealing from delight, just as happy as himself.

“You guys sound like you haven’t had anything like this in a long time” the girl’s voice came smiling while arching an eyebrow. “Well, after some time of hunting for food, I think we were forgetting the good cuisine” Calvin replied right out.

She turned to the dirty blonde kid at her right and her voice came again, this time with a lot more curiousness “Hunting for food, really? I mean, didn’t you guys travel with your own food?”.

I did” Stanley retorted quickly raising his hand, “But, somebody helped me finish it a lot quicker!” he hissed, crossing his arms and directing a viper look at the fourteen-year old kid at his left, who just looked back at him before growing a smirk in his face and rubbed the back of his head while screeching “Tee-hee!”.

Stan turned to Yumi again and added “Fortunately…” while letting his trusty Eevee climb on his shoulder, “Eevee helped us with the hunting and fishing quite a lot, right?” asked he with a smile at his young ball of fur.

She saw the small creature nodding to her with a cute smile in its face, so she smiled back at him and replied “I see”.

Suddenly, Eevee whirled quickly behind him and directed his gaze towards the river’s course; he jumped off Stanley’s shoulder and stepped in front of the water and Luna and Token joined him from behind.

They were standing there, glancing at the water, as if they expected something to come out, “Hey kids, is something the matter?” Yumi asked the three-some of normal-types – suddenly, something blue emerged from the surface of the water in a rush, causing the liquid to splash away.

After the clear water splashed, the blue, slippery creature was revealed, “Oh, it’s a Quagsire!” Calvin exclaimed after clearing his face from the cold water, while Stan and Yumi were both picking at their respective bags.

Both of the pokédex machines were produced from them and responded pretty much at the same time, enouncing their information, depicting an image of the species on the upper screen and scribbling the information on the lower one.

Quagsire, the Water Fish pokémon. Wild specimens live their carefree lives in muddy ponds; it opens its mouth wide when hunting and remains still until small prey wander inside it, it doesn’t move, thus it doesn’t get hungry easily”.

“A carefree hunter? I think I like this one!” laughed a confident Stanley as he searched in his bag for a Pokéball, so did Yumi.

Right after the two teenagers had searched fruitfully in their bags for a Pokéball, two more Quagsire were produced out of the water, and suddenly, the three of them breathed in deeply and shot massive streams of water at the youngsters, over the normal-type heads.

The tiny trio turned back and saw with shocked eyes that their human partners, and bowl, were completely blown away by the water attacks! They whirled back and growled at the three Quagsire as the y stepped forward.

But the aquatic trio worded some phrases in their tongue, as if they were trying to convince them for something. Frowns disappeared from the normal-type trio’s faces and were replaced by smiles of understanding as they nodded.

Jigglypuff and Eevee jumped briskly into their respective owner’s bags and the two of them produced small, completely red capsule like ball, each and handed them over to the Quagsire in complete cooperation, leaving Calvin astounded provided he was the only one who could see it.

He shook the others’ shoulders wildly while screaming “Hey, you two, those fishes are taking your Cherish Balls!”.

Both Stanley and Yumi seemed to wake up in shock from the youngster’s words and they also just slammed him out of their way – they took their bags again, recalled their pokémon and ran after the three Quagsire, “You two wait for me!” shouted a blonde kid left behind.

“I didn’t know you had a Cherish ball, Yumi” Stanley barked as the brunette gained on him, “Likewise!” she retorted before they directed their gazes at the blue heads of the fish on the water.

Two of the Quagsire were holding a Cherish Ball safe in their mouths as the other one whirled to the group of youngsters and shot at them streams of water – the three adolescents managed to scoot the first four assaults, but the last one made it to knock them all over as they let out another scream of pain.

They struggled to recover, Stan managed to sit and rub his head off the strike, he took a glance at Yumi’s Ledyba-looking bag on her back and made it to spot a small blue pendant in a pocket, very similar to his orange one, he just inhaled his own exclamation and said nothing, at the time Yumi and Calvin also struggled to sit finally.

A Cherish Ball seemed just a wild coincidence, but… A Charm like the one I found that night… No, impossible, may be I’m just imagining it” the fifteen year-old boy thought with a serous frown in his face.

The three teenagers got on their feet and jumped into the bushes to follow the Mud Fish pokémon from there, if they tried to snatch their belongings away from them directly, they may end up knocked away again, so it was best for them to follow them calmly and quietly.

Their scurrying stretched to the night time, the sky was cloudy, and they were exhausted, with a constant and vigilant peeking at the marsh full of other Quagsire with round objects in their hands, “Oh, I get it!” whispered Yumi.

“Why are all those fish holding round things?” Calvin enquired right before the girl spoke herself “This must be their annual celebration”, then she added “Once a year, the Quagsire of the Cherry River take round objects from the residents of Cherry Grove City, they say that they take them to a so-called ‘Bluemoon Fall’ at night and then, the round belongings return to the city at dawn and bring joy and luck to their owners”.

“It’s the lore from my town, I’ve never seen it myself, but I guess that tonight is the night” she smiled at the two guys at her side. Calvin, on her right, seemed fascinated by the whole ritual thing,; but Stanley, on her right, was sat with crossed arms and crossed legs with a serious face that seemed to put him in another world.

“Stan, are you okay?” Yumi enquired him, he snapped out of his thoughts without faltering his frown and said “Yumi, there is something I want to ask you, it is not about this annual thing, it’s something that has been bothering me”.

“A while back there, I saw a small blue pendant in your pocket, would you please show it to me?” his whispering petition arrived softly to the girl’s ears, she nodded quickly and produced in her hand what he thought he saw, a charm identical to his, but blue instead of orange.

“May I?” he asked politely while he grabbed the charm tenderly, as if any more pressure would made it crumble, and lifted it off Yumi’s hand, he took it from the string and let it loose, then, Stanley took his own pendant out of the folds of his shirt, joining them.

The two charms seemed to fit perfectly into each other, like blue-and-orange Yin-Yang and Stanley’s voice came whispering “As weird as it may sound; I got mine while the attack to Cherry Grove city, a mysterious figure saved me with his shiny Flygon and left it on the grass with an old-looking book before disappearing in a flash of light, can I know how did you get your pendant, Yumi?” he asked finally, raising his gaze to her eyes.

She stared at the two charms with a pair of shining blissful eyes and whispered her confession “I also found mine while the attack to Cherry Grove, but I wasn’t saved by a figure using a Flygon, but rather, she used a shiny Ledian to protect me from the falling rubble of my home on fire, she then left the blue charm behind, before disappearing in a flash of light, as well” ending with a gaze fixed on Stanley’s eyes.

Calvin seemed to grow a vivid blush in his face at the scene developing in front of him, but he just plunged his eyes beyond the bushes, seeing all the Quagsire spouting shots of water at this majestic waterfall that apparently appeared out of nowhere.

May we remember this for the rest of our lives… and may we travel together, and see if this encounter wasn’t a coincidence… but rather… a sign…” the two fifteen year-old teenagers thought in complete synch, just before the blonde’s voice interrupted.

“Umm, guys… the two Cherish Balls are floating down the river” his blush appeared to grow even bigger when he had to eye the two of them.

Then, both Stanley and Yumi said in unison “After them!” with spirited smiles at each other.

Yes, this one was a lengthier second part, but oh well, my bad.

Yumi is way more than we expected, now isn't she? ;) and more characted development is sure to follow!

Well, anybody is free to review this, I guess I will still keep writing no matter what the situation is, but receiving feedback is just as sweet as it might be.

"Team Seekers"

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer's Corner: Oh boy, there is an *Update!*

At so long last! We do have another addition to this! In this chapter, you could read between the lines if you want, but the hidden subliminal messages will not be pretty.

In this strange Utility Chapter, there is a funny scene... or an attempt of it, please, enjoy the whole thing.

*Le Gasp* Ahhh... it feels good to be back.

Quote:
She tied up a brown ponytail behind her head, for she was raking the brush against the foam, the water of the river and the now clean clothes of her, and her friends. Two of the threesome found themselves doing their own things, while Calvin was off to someplace else, wearing their pyjamas at this hour of the morning, but it wasn’t because they overslept, or anything, they were just doing one of the most important tasks in life… the laundry.

Between strokes and shakes, she asked “Are you done, Stan?” behind her shoulder, she saw him tying up stiff, white cord between two palm trees, then he turned to her and showed her a thumb up.

She smiled and picked the brief load of clothes off the water, which consisted of just three wet outfits, and took it to the cord to hang them one by one. They have already washed and dried their respective underwear, by the way.

#8: They say tasks cannot be skipped.

Once done, the two of them sat down on their respective sleeping bags and rubbed the sweat off their brows, “Are you sure it’s alright to wash our clothes on the river?” Stan enquired the girl in front of him with a slight worried expression in his face.

“Oh, you mean if we’re not contaminating or anything?” she clarified, Stan nodded carefully and she shook her head easy “No harm is done to nature with that herb-based soap I made”.

The two of them had some chatter, whilst sitting by the stony course that edged the flow of the river under the cloudy sky, because they were waiting for Calvin – the one who had a spare clean outfit – to get back with some prey and finally, do some lunch. He is by no means an expert hunter, but he was quite accurate with his slingshot.

Meanwhile, someplace in the woods, the thirteen year-old dirty blonde boy had already charged his Y-shaped stick and was about to fling the stone to an unsuspecting Spearow on a treetop, but the boy had stepped on a small stick, which cracked and alerted the small bird of him. So it flew away.

Frustrated, he growled at his ill luck, it was the seventeenth prey to escape his hunting. He wasn’t doing it good because normally, he can get some prey at the very first or second try, but he’s been doing terrible.

In his quiet ranting, he murmured “I told them, why not fishing? We’ve been travelling by the river this whole week!”, then he imitated Stanley’s lower-pitched voice in a mocking tone “Because we do not want to fish today, we want some bird or whatever, but NO FISH!” he finished with a kick to a small stone on the ground.

“That’s no reason, you blowhard!” he continued his rant, and now, he tried to copy Yumi’s higher-pitched voice “Oh, Calvin please, can you get us some food, other than fish? Ignore Stanley and his nonsensical blabber, do it for me, I beg you” he joined his hands against his cheek, lips kissing.

He got a wide grin in his face and said “Alright, I’ll doing for you, baby” as he resumed his imaginary scene, which didn’t happen that exact way, but his interpretation was certain to a itsy bitsy degree. And before he noticed it, he went back to reality after banging his head against some random branch in his way.

“Ow!” he muttered and cursed that evil branch under his breath as he rubbed his forehead, suddenly, he heard something, or at least he thought he did.

It was something that resounded and kept on resounding throughout the woods, he did not identify it right away so he followed his ears, as he got more into the woods, the sound appeared to be clearer, but it was still messy and unidentifiable.

And after a few more steps, he heard it very clearly, it was a mixture of punches, kicks, cries and slaps. It was surely one fest of a brawl and Calvin was prepared to run in any second.

When he got to a patch of bushes that bordered a small swamp, he peeked from inside the leaves of it and saw this strange bipedal, blue fox with a pair of black, flappy-looking ear-things on the back of its head. It looked at it’s ‘adversary’ taken down, it could be described as a big, purple frog with a stinger on each hand, and it didn’t look good at all.

The fox-like creature twitched its ears and whirled to Calvin behind the bushes, as if it didn’t know he was there, but it returned its growling face to the frog-like thing, as if it was about to finish it, and Calvin took advantage of this to run away as fast as his feet allowed him to.

By the end of the morning, or at noon, Calvin walked into the stony path that edged the river, and went to where his friends had settled. He held a good Spearow hanging loosely from its claws, but the boy’s face looked a bit pale, as if scared of something.

Even though the rest of the day passed normally, even though lunch was delicious, even thought they were about to enter the Union Cave, things were just making Calvin kind of unsettled about that thing he saw, the others did not notice it, but things might have been different if he didn’t start rating in first place, or if he didn’t follow his ears.

If you ask yourself "What was the point of this chapter?" well... there would be no real answer to that, I just hope you enjoy Calvin's spotlight time, I've kinda been letting him out of the course lately, so here is a chapter for him.

:?

"Team Seekers"

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer's Corner: *Update!*

Oh, this thing is getting so juicy and good, a shame some people is missing it.

Anyways, in this new addition, we get to learn some things we didn't even expect!

Please, enjoy.

Quote:
The threesome was standing in front of the mouth of the cave, staring at the entire structure in bewilderment and at the stalagmites and stalactites protruding from each inch of ceiling and floor. If you were standing where they were, you could see inside the cave and think of all those stone spears like the very teeth of the cavern, it was one scary scene indeed.

Yumi got a red and white capsule in her hand and tossed it upwards with a smirk in her face screaming “Get out, Banshee!” as the ball flew up to the air. It burst open and a beam of light ejected from it and streamed down, it stopped in midair and popped away, revealing a small, black floating creature… a Shuppet.

Both boys stared at the two of them, they didn’t exactly know what to say to it, they didn’t know she had a Shuppet of hers, so Stan opened his mouth to project a commentary, but he was caught short by Yumi, who said “I’m sorry guys, but I’ve been hiding you some things. Do not be surprised, I’ve had this Shuppet since one long time now. And…” she stopped there as she searched inside her Ledyba-looking bag and then, took out a red pokémon Egg with black dots inside its particular incubator machine.

#9: Innards of Quicklime.

She turned to them and smiled “This one is from my father; he gave it to me the day before I started my journey, but I’m not sure what’s ins--” her speech was caught short when the egg in her arms began to glow in white. Suddenly, there was a similar flash of light from Stanley’s Trapinch-like bag, and he picked his own egg out quickly.

It was surely a nice surprise, neither kids knew that the other had an Egg as well, so they smiled in unison, but Calvin eyed both Eggs carefully and said “Guys, these Eggs are about to hatch”, causing startled faces in both teenagers.

“Oh my, what do we do now?! They need special care!” screamed Yumi, but Stanley found himself easy and smiled “Worry not, they are Eggs. In nature, wild Eggs hatch like this, with no special care or anything”.

“I say we must get to the Centre at once! Besides it’s not too far from here” Yumi retorted as she gave her back to the rest of the group and about to walk away, but Calvin interjected “We cannot leave this Cave for another day, we must get through it now!” so Yumi stopped and whirled to him with a rather angry face at him.

“Why the sudden rush, kid? Does this have anything to do with your issue with Stanley’s accident?” she rebounded the sour tone of voice to the younger boy as she and Stan put away the eggs again. Calvin looked a tad surprised of her knowing it; he turned to Stan and thought “So you told your girlfriend everything, huh?” with the angriest of faces.

Stanley looked serious about this, he was clearly not afflicted by that, so Calvin took his Girafarig-tail-looking lantern out his brown pouchbag and marched towards the cave saying “Fine, if you’re not going to Azalea today, I will” with his most furious and frustrated growl, he was fed up with this group indeed.

“Wait, you cannot go in there by yourself, it’s dangerous!” Stanley yelled at him like father to son as Calvin got his first steps inside the dark passage of rock, lantern turned on. Meanwhile, Yumi turned back to the other direction and her female Shuppet followed her from behind. Suddenly, something enormous jutted out of the ground in front of her in a large burst of sand and dust.

She let out a scream of astonishment when the only thing that was heard was the loud roar of an Onix – presumably attracted by the two eggs. Calvin just kept walking, as if he hadn’t heard all the uproar.

“Yumi!” Stanley screamed as he whirled to her and as the cloud of dust was cast away – he saw this gigantic rock snake had its massive tail wrapped around the girl, she was screaming her life out, but her Shuppet dashed into the snakes face and flashed a whitish light as the made eye contact – a Confuse Ray.

The monster roared again and fell to the ground squirming – Yumi struggled her way out and she leapt off the coils, apparently unharmed. Stan rushed to her, grabbed her hand and ran inside the cave, but before they got lost inside the dark depths of the cave, they could see that this Onix looked rather hurt, as if bitten repeatedly.

“Are you alright Yumi?!” Stanley asked his friend as they stopped. He got his Beldum-like lantern on and checked her quickly, “Oh, I-I’m okay Stanley, I just… need some air” she faltered, completely stunned at it.

Suddenly, they heard some whines of pain from deeper inside the tunnel, Stanley felt he’s had enough for today so he readied himself for anything. He projected his lantern inside the murky darkness and found a lonesome silver creature whining in pain, it had a helmet on it’s head and a small, sturdy body of iron.

The boy stood up, let Banshee floating over Yumi to take care of her and took his Dex quickly out of his pocket and the machine identified the creature.

Beep! “Aron, the Iron Armour Pokémon. Aron feeds on iron ore it digs from mountains, and uses the nutrients to sustain its steel body. If iron ore becomes unavailable, it moves to another place to search for solid iron objects. This even includes steel bridges and rails, something which occasionally causes problems for humans.

“Boy, it looks very hurt” Stanley murmured at the sight of the terrible shreds and dents on its hide, so he took one red-and-white capsule and threw it to it, the ball collided head-on the creature and a whitish light enveloped it, the creature was sucked inside the capsule and after a few wiggling movements, it stopped.

Stan had caught a heavily hurt creature in the middle of this dramatic separation of his group, perhaps that Onix was still around and he prayed under his breath to not trip into it again. “But… judging the injuries of that Onix back there, and this hurt Aron… Perhaps the Aron was trying to eat that Onix, and it fought back”.

After some hours, the twosome made it out of the cave; Stanley had to give Yumi a piggyback ride all the way to here. And now there is this jungle-like path that stretches for miles and miles before Azalea Town and there was no Centre or Hospital on the surroundings.

Things were not good.

Oh boy, things are not going good inside the group, are they?

Oh and, by the by, Yumi's Egg AND Shuppet are not thrown in, she had those way earlier, but I think I always forgot to put them in, my bad. And she's right, do not be surprised at this, these characters have more secrets than what you would know!

Well, I think our family of characters will soon grow and grow more, but first things first, the family must be joined.

Commentaries, anyone?

"Team Seekers"

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For all of you who have waited for next addition to come... here comes...

Writer's Corner: Za *Appudaito!*

I wouldn't really know how to describe this chapter, I do not think it's an Utility one, but it certainly looks like one... 'cept for that "ZOMGEESTERZ AAAWWWW" part...

And with no further ado, the most loldramatic and important chapter up until now...

Enjoy.

Quote:
Gasping and panting for air, the fifteen year-old tanned boy let his knees fall onto the rough ground, causing harsh pain to his already exhausted legs and a somewhat injured Yumi on his back. She put her arms off Stanley’s neck and got off him, the two of them looked really bad; Yumi didn’t know she had this awful pain in her ribs and shoulders.

With a gnarled face out of pain, she asked “Stanley, are you alright?” while grabbing his shoulder and shook it gently. The fifteen year-old girl shifter around desperately and saw little else than foliage and various alternative paths stretching into the shadows, it was getting dark and they were not even near the next town… not to heir knowledge.

The boy struggled to get on his feet and eventually reached it and now that Yumi was able to walk by herself, they could wander into the unknown and expect the best to happen. Then, with exhaustion flowing out of his voice, Stanley said “I’m fine… le-let’s get going” between gasp for air, but Yumi didn’t think the same way “Are you crazy?! We cannot push forward anymore, we have to camp up, here!” she whined.

#10: ...When you were Born...

“Yumi, you’re not making this easy!” Stanley growled at her and then ejected another commentary, which went like “We are able to go through this and get to Azalea safely!” staring at her face.

The both of them looked at each other for a second, both of them learned about the other in a rather harsh way, Stanley knew his friend was scared of this place and what could happen to them, but even so, she did want to stay here and face everything. Meanwhile, Yumi knew her friend was rather pushing himself to the extreme to get safely to the goal, even if that meant to wander with no food or water for hours and hours and perhaps in circles.

“Stanley, you know that the chance of our arriving Azalea safely from here is perhaps one in a thousand, don’t you?” she emphasised by grunting “If we stay here, camp up and light a fire, we might get some sleep and resume our trip in the morning! I’m tired of all this and my ribs are killing me!”.

Then, Stan turned away into the unknown, pondering their chances of encountering a thief if they stayed here, so he raised his gaze beyond the canopies and saw a trace of reddish orange in the sky. His eyes widened and he smiled “May be we are not that far away from Azalea!” before lunging himself deeper into the woods.

But as mad as it may sound, she finally spat “Fine”. It was a risk either way, but in one case they would get cornered easily; and on the other, they would just simply have no strength to run away if an emergency was to surprise them.

And so they pushed forward, with the spiky vines, gigantic foliage and sporadic stones that seemed to flood the entire pathway, if any. But after perhaps half an hour in this aimless wandering, they heard a very characteristic whining voice, a voice that was simply unmistakeable, and the next thing they saw… was Calvin, sat under a tree, embraced to his legs out of sheer horror, whining and sobbing his heart out with no consolation.

“…Oh… oohh… why?... how could I be such a jerk!” they could understand amidst sobs and tears. The only thing he saw was a black universe in which his mind flashed the scenes he enjoyed the most with his former group and also flashed numerous ways of his hypothetical death out here, abandoned and lonesome.

But suddenly, his rushing tremor of frightful ideas was stopped cold when he felt two hands landing softly, one on each shoulder. But he didn’t jump out of surprise, he knew thought he who they were, and feeling one smaller and softer hand in his right shoulder and a rather larger one on his left one, he felt but reassured, as if he had overcome everything and passed into warmth and light again.

Without raising his head off the fold of his knees, he felt how his blood pressure went calmer and how his tears went dry and in this moment of sudden bliss, his faltering voice came whispering “Guys… will… will y-you… forgive me?”.

Both Stanley Natsuke and Yumi Baker did not know what to do next, they felt exhausted, but inside their hearts, there was still one valuable reason for not perishing here, mind the adversities. The two of them knelt and made eye contact with each other over the thirteen tear old dirty blonde boy’s head, with the shimmering dull light of the midnight twilight over their presences.

The reason why they didn’t exactly know what to do is that they felt that a blunt ‘Yes’ or an elaborate thing would just spoil all the beauty of this moment. So, without a second thought about anything else, Yumi sled her arms softly around the boy and hugged him with mirth as if he was his very own brother, meanwhile Stanley put his other hand on the boy’s hair and patted him sweetly.

Smiles, but no tears, grew on the three faces. Knowing that this would be the actual birth of their friendship. The grown-ups felt that this kind of thing looked a tad weird or exaggerated, but they were no longer strangers to each other, they were now a family. Besides, they knew Calvin has been through a lot of unfair things, it was about time he received actual affection and unconditional love from his friends… who were no longer a thief and a random girl he had a secret crush on.

After what seemed a minute of intense feelings expressed by slight gestures, both Stan’s and Yumi’s bags began to glow again. They didn’t want to interrupt this, but they had no option, their Eggs were hatching! They opened their knapsacks and took the Eggs out of the Incubator as Calvin finally raised his head so he could see this.

They put the Eggs on the wild grass and watched how their glow became brighter and warmer, Stanley’s brown-coloured egg was the first to crack the shell, Yumi’s red-coloured, black-dotted one came next instantly.

No-one inside the group have ever seen an Egg hatching this close, and the next thing they saw… was a Black-coloured baby Trapinch and an Orange-coloured baby Ledyba eyeing at their respective carriers expectantly with a cute grin in their faces.

They felt like if they had heard a most beautiful classic orchestra theme in the world, and their faces said so, but before they could even get the grasp of what was happening… the sun rose from the mountains at the distance, bathing the fivesome with new hopes and re-born joy when they saw Azalea Town lying quietly down the hill.

Congratulations! You've survived one fifth (1/5) of Oracle of Legends: Alpha's Beta!

You guys know what they say, don't you? They say that a story becomes more tasteful and interesting from the 10th Chapter[/lies] And this is no exception!

Yeah, in this chapter, Calvin finally gets some actual affection from his friends... maybe they didn't cry, but I did! :'D[/lol]

And, to all of you who don't know about it, yes, the babies who hatched in this chapter were Shinies of their species, so... do not be surprised if they get nicknamed as those two bugs who like each other *coughavatarand/orsignaturecough*.

:arrow: The Combic part of Azalea.

"Team Seekers"

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2