It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 A superstious process to catch the 3 legendary bird Pokemon 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

About Red,Blue,Green and Yellow.

This is actually a phenomenon about how did I catch the 3:

Plan to catch it by their name as in uno for 1 in spanish dos for 2 and tres for 3.Meaning these:Artic(uno) , Zap(dos) and Mol(tres).

Now then,turn off your gameboy and open it again.Before opening make sure you have yor gameboy manual then open it.Since your plan is to catch is Articuno and it's color is blue,make the color of your gameboy screen blue by pressing left at the gameboy appearance.Then now go to the Seafoam Island and catch Articuno,try to Paralyze it.

Next,save it then turn off now.This must be quick make the screen blue again and change it to yellow (I dont know the code so use your manual) meaning you have catched Articuno and going to catch Zapdos.Go now to the Powerplant and catch it.

Last,save it and turn off.Yup,you guessed it,it's the same process again make it blue then yellow and red.Go now to the Victory Road and catch Moltres.

In Mewtwo just use your Master Ball because there are only 5 legendaries in Red,Blue and Green (I dont know about Yellow) including Mew.

Did you ever asked yourself,why Articuno and Zapdos' areas are appear to be hidden while Moltres' area is surrounded by humans?But all of them are legendary meaning they must be hidden.

Well for one thing I also dont know that.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:41 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

An interesting method, but it only works with a Game Boy Advance SP. (I didn't catch anything particularly special about this method, though...)

Myself, I play Yellow, and I go Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres, by this means:

Usually Nidoking is one of my foremost party runners.
Because he's part Ground, he has immunity to Thundershock, leaving only Drill Peck to do damage. Sometimes I use Pikachu, because he resists both of Zapdos's moves.
I found Zapdos to be notoriously the easiest (another reason why I did him first).

Next I did Moltres, as Moltres's Fire beats Ice.

Moltres was right in the middle; I just used Thundershock 3-4 times and pelted away. He was easy, but not as easy as Zapdos.

Lastly I did Articuno (for the reason above).

Fire Spin knocks off quite a bit; yet I have to act quickly as he's the hardest catch, plus Ice Beam does tons of damage. And I can't let him Burn, as I'll only have 2 turns tops to down him. (Wait, Fire Spin doesn't burn.)
Articuno I also found the hardest to catch.

Then I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo as he's even harder than Articuno to catch. Without the Master Ball, he OHKOs my whole team. And then uses Recover. Ugh.

That's my strange way of doing it in Yellow (then I did it in Blue). Doesn't have any special significance but it worked for me.

- DNA

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think your method is just a waste of time aldrin ralph no offense!
but you have to turn your gameboy of and on!
it would be quicker just to catch them normally!

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It's only a superstition,nothing special.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thats pretty cool I never noticed the uno dos tres thing.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pretty ironic, aldrin ralph, i did something similar with the colors.
you can change the colors on a GB Color as well, because thats all i have to play RBY with.
but with mewtwo, i always used the inverted colors "setting". I always saw mewtwo as being so far underground, he was on the other side of the world. ah, the good old days.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To add to a necromanced thread: I, too, was oblivious to the uno/dos/tres thing. I feel ashamed for not seeing it. Still, it'll always go Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres for me.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]