It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Worst Pokémon of Type in Diamond/Pearl 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am looking for the worst pokémon of each of the following types: fighting, ground, electric and/or dragon.
My current team consists of:
unown
ditto
delibird
lumineon
beedrill
farfetch’d

Two of the last four need to be replaced by two pokémon who are resistant to rock and electric attacks.

Here is a list of pokémon that you have to choose from. Most of these are good pokémon, I want the ones who meet the above requirements who are the worst of their type(s).

Listed in no particular order.
butterfree, rotom, clefable, crobat, parasect, venomoth, persian, machamp, golem, dragonaire, torterra, sloking, muk, magnezone, kingler, electrode, primeape, exeggutor, hitmonlee, hitmontop, hitmonchan, blissey, lapras, porygon-z, omastar, kabutops, ariados, bibarel, togekiss, xatu, noctowl, lanturn, sudowoodo, jumpluff, wobuffet, girafarig, dunsparse, quilfish, shuckle, heracross, magcargo, corsola, octillary, stantler, smeargle, luvdisk, shedinja, delcatty, castform, purugly, spiritomb, torkoal, yanmega, gliscor, chatot, pachirisu, luxray, minun, plusle, dugtrio, heracross, wormadam (grass/steel/ground), mothim, articuno, zapdos, moltres, sableye, masquerain, beautifly, dustox, medicham.

This list is subject to change as I learn more about the new 4th generation pokémon. I thought medicham would be better than what SpacialRender has described. I also left off the legendaries I like that are normally banned (like mew and ho-oh). I am not a competitor by nature, but I like a challenge. 8-)

EDIT: Suddenly it occurred to me to ask Krisp what criteria she used to determine the six worst pokémon.

Later,
Rod

EDIT: Replaced for clarity. Should have done this the first edit. 8-S

Last edited by White Phoenix on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fire in pre-elite four game.

There is Ponyta, and the starter. Those are the only ones you can get before you get the National-Dex.

I consider Giratina the 'opposite side' of the mystical Dialga and Palkia, being born when the world was first created. Basically the anti-existence to all the other pokemon.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

the worst type is Normal.

Hyper beam and Giga impact are the most powerful normal attacks, but are not very strong when it comes to KOing Pokemon or even doing big damage at all.
The only normal move on a poke that is effective is tri attack on a porygon z

I know most of u wont agree, im sure every1 has a different "worst type" just saying what i think.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oops. Sorry, my mistake. 8-S I meant the worst pokémon of the types that I listed.

Later,
Rod

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Illiterate
Illiterate

lol

for normal: glameow no reason except i don't like it
for electric: why?
fro Ground: Garchomp, just kidding hipopotas
for dragon: why?

~USC

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For reasons of contrariness, I am planning a team of the worst pokémon. Well, I had to modify it in order to cover weaknesses according to KholdStare’s formula found in his Pokémon Competitive Battling Guide. Krisp gave me a list of the six worst pokémon, but the team is extremely vulnerable to electric and rock attacks (too many flyers). So I need something that is resistant to electric and rock attacks while still fitting in with my worst pokémon theme.

Uhh, what about fighting? Normal wasn’t on my list.

I’m weird. Ask anyone at GHPF. 8-)

Later,
Rod

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't get me wrong, I love Fighting-types, but I don't think they have enough Pokemon for any of them to be considered inferior... I mean, Tyrogue, but he evolves into the Hitmons, so... Pretty much every Fighting-type has at least good SpAtk/Atk or Spe, and Hariyama even has OK HP to make up for his *shudder* 50 Spe. If this is a joke team, Tyrogue is your best shot. Otherwise, I'd say go with Medicham and his below 100 in every stat. If I've forgotten any other bad Fighting-types, just say so.

EDIT: Poliwrath also has below 100 in all stats, but has a higher combined stat total than Medicham and a slightly more adaptable learnset, so I'd still go with Medicham as the worst.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
I'll list worst to best. By the way, all these Pokemon are unusable in battle (if you want to win.)

Unown
Ditto
Delibird
Lumineon
Beedrill
Farfetch’d

So that is the team I start with. But according to KholdStare’s formula* (and just by looking at them) I have too many pokémon weak to rock and electric attacks.

The candidates for replacement are delibird, lumineon, beedrill, and farfetch’d.

Medicham sounds like a candidate for my Odd Squad.

Later,
Rod

* The text below is from the Pokémon Competitive Battling Guide.
KholdStare wrote:
After you're done with making a team, try to list the weaknesses of each Pokémon as 2 and the resistances of each Pokémon as 0.5. It doesn't matter if it's 4x or 0.25x, just list them as 2x or 0.25x. For example, my team is:

Zapdos
Blissey
Ludicolo
Skarmory
Metagross
Regice

Zapdos: Rock, Ice: 2x; Grass, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Steel: 0.5x; Ground 0x.
Blissey: Fighting 2x; Ghost 0x.
Ludicolo: Poison, Flying, Bug: 2x, Ground, Steel: 0.5x.
Skarmory: Fire, Electric: 2x; Normal, Flying, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Grass, Bug: 0.5x; Poison, Ground: 0x.
Metagross: Fire, Ground: 2x; Normal, Grass, Ice, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Steel, Psychic: 0.2x; Poison: 0x.
Regice: Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel: 2x; Ice: 0.5x.

Now, multiply the weaknesses and Resistances of each type that shows a weakness. All this mean is that start with the weaknesses of each type and start to look around. After all of the weaknesses (2x) are done, stop.

Rock = 2 x 0.5 x 2 = 2x team weakness
Ice = 2 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.5x team weakness
Fighting = 2 x 2 = 4x team weakness!
Poison = Immune by Metagross and Regice
Flying = 2 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25 team weakness
Bug = 2 x 0.5 = 1x team weakness
Fire = 2 x 2 x 2 = 8x team weakness!!
Electric = 2 = 2x team weakness
Ground = Immune by Zapdos and Skarmory
Steel = 2 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.125 team weakness

As you can see, my team is weak against Fighting and very weak against Fire. In general, you should not get a 4x team weakness and definitely not a 8x team weakness and above. I have to exchange a Pokémon weak to Fire for a Pokémon strong against Fire. It's recommended that I try to get a Pokémon
that resists Fighting also.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i say the mix of fire with fighting. yes fighting is a great pokemon type. but mix it with fire BAM over 6 weaknesses. i though noticed that dragon type pokemon are much weaker in this game than the privious. and all the new electric (sept ratom) sux.

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

id say electric just because earthquake is so common to take out electrics

By hammythepig
-by zombie

(Avatar by dragonvoid)

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

At the risk of repeating myself. I am looking for the worst pokémon of each of the following types: fighting, ground, electric and/or dragon.
unown
ditto
delibird
lumineon
beedrill
farfetch’d

Two of the last four need to be replaced by two pokémon who are resistant to rock and electric attacks.

Here is a list of pokémon that you have to choose from. Most of these are good pokémon, I want the ones who meet the above requirements who are the worst of their type(s).

butterfree, rotom, clefable, crobat, parasect, venomoth, persian, machamp, golem, dragonaire, torterra, sloking, muk, magnezone, kingler, electrode, exeggutor, hitmonlee, hitmontop, hitmonchan, blissey, lapras, porygon-z, omastar, kabutops, ariados, bibarel, togekiss, xatu, noctowl, lanturn, sudowoodo, jumpluff, wobuffet, girafarig, dunsparse, quilfish, shuckle, heracross, magcargo, corsola, octillary, stantler, smeargle, luvdisk, shedinja, delcatty, castform, purugly, spiritomb, torkoal, yanmega, gliscor, chatot, pachirisu, luxray, minun, plusle, dugtrio, heracross, wormadam, mothim, articuno, zapdos, moltres, sableye, masquerain, beautifly, dustox, medicham.

This list is subject to change as I learn more about the new 4th generation pokémon. I thought medicham would be better than what SpacialRender has described. I also left off the legendaries I like that are normally banned (like mew and ho-oh). I am not a competitor by nature, but I like a challenge. 8-)

EDIT: Suddenly it occurred to me to ask Krisp what criteria she used to determine the six worst pokémon.

Later,
Rod

Last edited by White Phoenix on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Medicham is actually a good pokemon due to it's ability Pure Power, and it's good base speed 80. A bad Dragon type is Altaria since well it has poor stats, nice for UU but any other tiers...

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Normal: Most normal types -.- - I hate this type of pokemon lol. I dunno if there's one I can pick out amongst others but I'd say Lopunny.. - Just looks so annoying.
Electric: *points at pachirisu*
Ground: Hippopotas
Dragon: - best type in the game, what'chu talking about lol.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

they worst type there would be fighting!
fighting pokemon are very easy to ko!!

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

White Phoenix wrote:
At the risk of repeating myself. I am looking for the worst pokémon of each of the following types: fighting, ground, electric and/or dragon.
unown
ditto
delibird
lumineon
beedrill
farfetch’d

butterfree, rotom, clefable, crobat, parasect, venomoth, persian, machamp, golem, dragonaire, torterra, sloking, muk, magnezone, kingler, electrode, exeggutor, hitmonlee, hitmontop, hitmonchan, blissey, lapras, porygon-z, omastar, kabutops, ariados, bibarel, togekiss, xatu, noctowl, lanturn, sudowoodo, jumpluff, wobuffet, girafarig, dunsparse, quilfish, shuckle, heracross, magcargo, corsola, octillary, stantler, smeargle, luvdisk, shedinja, delcatty, castform, purugly, spiritomb, torkoal, yanmega, gliscor, chatot, pachirisu, luxray, minun, plusle, dugtrio, heracross, wormadam, mothim, articuno, zapdos, moltres, sableye, masquerain, beautifly, dustox, medicham.

Later,
Rod

Lol, 3 pokemon on my team are in your roster or list to choose from XD

{farfetch'd} is awesome w/ +speed nature, good DVs and sword dance +return

{muk} is a good tank wall and curse user

{kabutops} is a good flinch abuser of Rock slide,waterfall and confuse ray +speed nature though.

I'd say for you last two use golem and venomoth <- tinted lens is STAB win

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

White Phoenix wrote:
What would you consider (or is generally accepted) as the worst pokémon of these types in Di/Pl?

Ground, fighting, electric, and dragon.

Later,
Rod

EDIT: Corrected for clarity.

Hmmm the weakest Ground, Fighting, Electric and Dragon types huh?

Weakest Ground type is definitely Wooper or Swinub. They have glaring weaknesses and pathetic stats.
Weakest Fighting type is what else? Tyrogue of course! It's on par with Magikarp...gosh.
Weakest Electric type? Who else other than Pichu? Cute but pathetic. Same goes for Shinx.
Weakest Dragon type? I don't think Dragons can be weak in the least bit but for the sake of answering the question, the weakest of the strongest type should be Gible. It's the only pre-evolution dragon to have Dual Weaknesses...
:)

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:
White Phoenix wrote:
What would you consider (or is generally accepted) as the worst pokémon of these types in Di/Pl?

Ground, fighting, electric, and dragon.

Later,
Rod

EDIT: Corrected for clarity.

Hmmm the weakest Ground, Fighting, Electric and Dragon types huh?

Weakest Ground type is definitely Wooper or Swinub. They have glaring weaknesses and pathetic stats.
Weakest Fighting type is what else? Tyrogue of course! It's on par with Magikarp...gosh.
Weakest Electric type? Who else other than Pichu? Cute but pathetic. Same goes for Shinx.
Weakest Dragon type? I don't think Dragons can be weak in the least bit but for the sake of answering the question, the weakest of the strongest type should be Gible. It's the only pre-evolution dragon to have Dual Weaknesses...
:)

I think he meant the worse pokémon of each type on it's final evolution

Then that would be...
Ground:between Torterra , Gastrodon and Sandslash
Fighting:Poliwrath...maybe?
Electric:That would be...Pachirisu...
Dragon:Now that's a hard one...Flygon...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Torterra!? Get your head out of the sand :?

Now let me see...

Ground: I'd say Sandslash right here. Odd combination of moves and stats that are hard to take advantage of. At least Rhyperior has a wider movepool, plus Solid Rock.
Fighting: Not counting Tyrogue (he's not battle worthy), I'd have to probably say Primeape or Hitmontop.
Electric: Toughie here. I'd say Pachirisu. I've used both Plusle and Minun on different occasions in the Hoenn arc, and they've both been good in-game companions. (Not super battle worthy, but good in-game.) Pachirisu is really just another filler...
Dragon: Altaria definitely. It's not even "draconesque".

Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bushin wrote:
Dragon:Now that's a hard one...Flygon...

...What?

· Ground: Perhaps Sandslash, even though it's Att and Def stats aren't so disappointing, I cannot say the same about the rest, I could also mention Whiscash, just because it has tough competition amidst other Ground/Waters.

· Fighting: I'd say Poliwrath, but SleepPunch is terrific. I'd say Primeape, but AngerSubPoint is VERY dangerous. I'd say Hitmontop, but TechniTop @ Fake Out/Mach Punch/Bullet Punch/Triple Kick/Pursuit/etc is crazy.

· Electric: Pachirisu? Alright; not even having the most broken attack in the world
[Super Fang] helped her quite that much.

· Dragon: Altaria, even though it's good.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks for responding, guys. You’re getting a better idea of what I’m shooting for.

One thing I’ve noticed that is consistant. Pachirisu keeps coming up as a weak pokémon. Another is that no dragon is anywhere near as bad as the ones I’ve been considering.

What do you think about the ground form of wormadam?

And who should be replaced? Beedrill, farfetch’d, delibird or lumineon? At least two must go. They should be the best ones, but weaknesses count.

By the way, I know KholdStare is a member here also. Well, I read his guide and have created a spreadsheet (OpenOffice) that automatically calculates a team’s weaknesses. I based it on KholdStare’s formula from his Pokémon Competitive Battling Guide. The Team Weakness Calculator can be downloaded here. It has a humorous side-effect if you use other than pokémon in the list. I found out that I’m normal. 8-)

Shoot. I forgot to try it out with the suggestions I’ve been getting. Gotta run.

Later,
Rod

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, taking into consideration what you guys posted, discussions with Krisp and a list of underused pokémon from MeLoveGhosts from GHPF, I tried different combinations and came up with a finalized team of unown ?, ditto, delibird, lumineon, pachirisu, and wormadam (ground). A primeape would have given me fewer weaknesses, but the wormadam will provide more invulnerabilities. Also the stats of a primeape are quite a bit better than those of a wormadam.

Later,
Rod

{unown ?} {ditto} {delibird} {lumineon} {pachirisu} {wormadam-ground}

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]