It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Chansey in Joyous Tower (PMD) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So yeah, PMD2 is gonna be released next month i've heard and I wanted to finally complete my Red Rescue Team. Completing it is just recruiting all the pokemon and filling the Adventure Log for me. Though there's a problem.

It's Chansey. And according to upokecenter.com, Chansey's appearence rate is very very low, only slightly higher than that of Exeggcutes in Howling Forest. Chansey's recruitment rate is also low, which means if I did find one, odds are very against me in ever recruiting one.

For the longest time I couldn't recruit a Taillow in the earlier floors even with a Friend Bow attached, after defeating about 50 of them, 1 finally joined, if odds are this bad with Taillow, I don't even feel like bothering with a pokemon like Chansey (Whoms recruitment rate is actually lower than Taillow's as well).

I've also heard you can get pokemon through Jirachi at the end of Wish Cave, but i'd really rather not do that for Chansey if it's possible, since it was such a pain to just get to Jirachi (That's with a Swift Swim pokemon + Kyogre + Frustration and about 10 Reviver Seeds)

So for those who have gotten Chansey in PMD, what did you do to recruit it?

Edit: Yes I could've asked this in the General questions thing now that I think of it, but this is probably still a bit better since the search engine will actually find this for other people in the future.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It's about luck.I dont have a Chansey but I do have a Kecleon,as we all know 0.1% percentage is the only chance for a Kecleon to join by Lv.90-100 Pokemon with Friend Bow so it is also hard but I've managed defeating 5 Kecleons for one to join.It is hard for a Chansey just be on stand by until you find one but be equipped with friend bow while going to the 50F raise your Pokemon until Lv.30.So for at least you have a 5% boost.

Uh...in Wish Cave be smart! You have to think the best team member for your team.Advise,use Purity forest to know the Lv.1 stats.Test first your luck go to the Wish Cave with your chosen team,if possible no items,so that turning it off no items will be gone to you.Then finally go to the dungeon take it seriously,no breaks just focus if you're losing try to get away.When you lose,post the password in one of your topics the Official Mystery Dungeon Rescue Center.But in your case I think no one should be able to rescue you becaus it's too hard.

Relax,dont rush if the Mystery Dungeon 2 is going to be available,why dont you buy,to get an original version and play 2 of them (yes,I understand this advise look alike crazy but I always do that.).

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:46 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Like aldrin, I don't have a Chansey and haven't pursued the prospect yet, but I don't have a Kecleon either. What I CAN tell you is that wishing with Jirachi is a complete waste of time. I wished with Jirachi and got a lv 1 Bellossom. It gives you any Pokemon that you don't already own (I think...). If you have everyone except Chansey/Blissey I think you should go for it, but otherwise, forget it.

Just keep trying. Getting through Purity Forest is mostly luck, and so is this.

- DNA

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i got chansey with the drizzle/frustration trick. well i got two actually - one is a blissey now ;) its just patience, but it IS possible. you might have to go in several times without getting a chansey. but how much do you want it? on the other hand, you might want to get everything else and go to jirachi to get chansey/blissey. its up to you really, but it IS possible.

ive got all the pokemon, and completed my adventure log except for meeting munchlax. its so annoying..... i tried for ages just going into the square to finish my damn log, but got nothing........

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If you haven't meet Munchlax it's ok because you're only trading an apple for a Munch Belt.If you want the Munch Belt,prepare your Lv.1 dungeon team and go to Purity Forest.Kecleons sell Munch Belts frequently but there's also a free Munch Belt to pick up but it's hard to find.Dont worry Poke's are there you could save up until 15000 Poke' in one journey.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:45 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I have a Chansey, I have seen Munchlax, but I've not been able to get Kecleon to join me. It all boils down to luck I guess, but it would help to linger for as long as possible on floors where Chansey can be found. That is, until the "wind demon" strikes =)

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thats right its all about luck with these things. its not that i want a munch belt (i have about 5-10) i just want to fill the last gap on my adventure log.

for kecleon, get to level 100, have friend bow etc to maximise your chances. there was some debate about whether you needed lucario rank or not (i only got kecleon AFTER i got to lucario, but that doesnt prove anything). by then, assuming you have good attacks, you should be able to safely defeat loads of kecleons. the good thing is, even though its 1/1000, it just rains kecleons after you shoplift, so theres planty of time to get that 1/1000. im guessing i killed a couple of thousand though before one joined me. good luck!

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cuddles wrote:
thats right its all about luck with these things. its not that i want a munch belt (i have about 5-10) i just want to fill the last gap on my adventure log.

You mean,meeting Munchlax is a part of adventure log!?

Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:02 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

aldrin ralph wrote:
Cuddles wrote:

You mean,meeting Munchlax is a part of adventure log!?

Yeah, it's the bottom-save-one on the first page of the log.

I really don't know why you still haven't found him yet Cuddles. Mine appeared when I was around [whatever rank is after Gold] rank. I'd guess that your game has Very, Strange, H4x.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I haven't meet Munchlax yet. Because I dont always bring an Apple in the Town Square but I always bring Huge Apples whenever I'm on a new journey. So do Huge Apple count for Munchlax to appear?

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:52 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm not sure, but I would lean towards "no". I spotted Munchlax while holding an Apple.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:14 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

sN0wBaLL wrote:
I'm not sure, but I would lean towards "no". I spotted Munchlax while holding an Apple.

Same here. Fortunately, this was before I was real big into Huge Apples and only brought standard Apples* into dungeons.

He'll always be in the square at the beginning of every day though, I can be sure of that.

- DNA

*I'm really into Huge Apples now.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I guess this does all come down to luck (although that's more about Kecleon [which I've got :D !!], while Chansey is power, skill and luck... which is very hard to get...). I spotted Munchlax unexpectedly. I wasn't even holding an Apple/Big Apple/Huge Apple!! So, I didn't get a Munch Belt (but while in Wish Cave, I found one lying around. :wink: ), but at least I filled in part of my Adventure Log. I haven't got a Chansey. Why? Because I don't really have the skill to get through the whole Wish Cave. In fact, I've left my game right where it was after being defeated at 76F (even though I requested rescue, and got rescued, I'm too lazy to continue the way there). I don't think I'll ever get a Chansey, unless I get more skillful in Lv. 1 Dungeons.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]