It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What is up with all the Johto pokémon? *spoiler warning* 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

*Spoiler warning on whole topic, proceed at your own risk, yaddah yaddah yaddah. I only put this so that Pelli wouldn't nag*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ok, so if you have been following the series updates from Japan and such, you may have noticed there are a lot of johto pokemon or relatives of Johto pokemon being represented with the main characters. A full team list:

ASH: Gligar (newest capture at time of post), Pikachu (technically applies because of Pichu, but not really)
BROCK: Sudowoodo (johto pokemon), Happiny (related to Blissey)
DAWN: Ambipom (evolved form of Aipom, plus owned as an Aipom for a short time)
PAUL: Electabuzz (evolved form of Elekid, plus owned as an Elekid), Murkrow (johto pokemon), Weavile (evolved form of Sneasel, unknown if it was owned as a sneasel), Ursaring (johto pokemon), Gliscor (evolved form of Gligar)

Why are all the johto pokemon being represented, especially the ones not in the Sinnoh dex? Ican understand stuff like Sudowoodo and Weavile, and Gligar is explainable, but why Ursaring? Any theories?

in b4 "zomg johto remakes" because the anime people and game people are two different entities :(

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I, for one, am glad they're doing this. The show has gone way overboard in trying to advertise the games (even though that's the primary purpose) and focuses too much on game mechanics, and I was afraid they'd overrepresent the new Pokémon only. They don't seem to be doing that too much, thankfully.

As for why, exactly, I don't know. But thank God they are.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

it's okay with me since most people underrate Johto pokemon. (well, that's with my opinion anyway)
it would be great if Ash's Gligar will be used for the Sinnoh League!
I dont know why but I like Gligars......with the exception of the one in the Gligarman episode.

As far as I know, Gligar hasn't got any moves that has been shown.
Am I right, EvilPenguin?

[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/2722008/e4441bf5edd6aa228e2b568d483312e7.png[/img]

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*coughpreperationforajohtoremakecough*

:D I really really hope that's the case. :) Oh and, Johto is the best region, so why not bring the Pokemon in?

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
I think they feel that they may have understaded some pokemon in Johto because I know they didn't have many pokemon appear in the Johto TV shows. For whatever reason it is I'm glad because lots of Johto pokemon evolve into (in my opinion) some awesome pokemon.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you watch the new movie's trailer, it shows a Gliscor and Swinub in the Twerps' gang. So that probably means Gligar is gonna evolve and Dawn's gonna get that dreadful Ice-Pig (yet another Johto species).

Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

It is sort of like they are bring back johto in the shows because they had alot of kanto on Battle Fronteer if you been paying attention when May gets like bulbasaur and squirtle.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]