Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:17 pm
Yes i did test it :D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No i didn't test it, because i'm a lazy leech! XD 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

Offline Pokedex First BETA! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi Everyone.

I've been spending the last few months teaching myself VB.NET and writing my Computing A-Level Project:

Offline Pokédex

I don't have enough time to finish the program now (I need to finish documentation and the coursework needs to be marked) but now I need to carry out testing.

As I'm making this not just as a project but as a real world application that I intend REAL PEOPLE to use, I need some REAL PEOPLE to use it. This is where you guys come in.

In the compressed folder (link below) there are two text files. The first is a readme for the program (read this first!!!) the second is a beta testing report.

I need as many people as possible to fill in the testing report to help me assess and correct any problems with the current features and find out any features YOU guys want that you don't see. (The first set of reports are required for my documentation)

Everyone who completes the Testing report appropriately and includes their e-mail will receive future updates first, but this only applies for reports (of the first BETA) up until 10th March 2008. (Future Releases will include testing reports where more people will be able to get their mitts on the up-to-date release first)

I hope you enjoy using my program and find it useful, but most importantly SUPPORT THE PROJECT by doing these reports for me!

Nintynuts

Requires .NET Framework 3.0 or Later

-----Download Here!-----

Last edited by Nintynuts on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well i'm impressed by what i saw in the screenshots, so i downloaded the 'full version' just to play around with it. however when i open the offline pokedex, i get a "the application failed to initialize properly, click OK to terminate." not sure if its my computer or if it's a bad download, but the zip file did take awhile to extract. nice idea though, im willing to help improve.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

NOTE: THIS WONT WORK WITHOUT AN UP-TO-DATE COMPUTER!

If you get a message saying the program failed to initiate, use microsoft update a few times, this should fix it and you'll have a lovely up-to-date pc!

Nintynuts

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]