It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Your Favourite Christmas Song? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sigh. I had to do it.
My favourite Christmas song is 'The Fairytales of New York' by The Pogues. He duetted with a woman who unfortunately died but I find the song so funny because they're just like a drunk, middle-aged couple arguing about how they messed up each others' lives and yet the chorus sounds really cheerful.
My second favourite is 'Stop the Cavalry' by Jona Lewie, (because it makes me want to march around playing a trumpet), and my third is 'A Spaceman Came Travelling' by Chris De Burgh. The music is quite calming and I like the lyrics.

Don't just post the song name please - put who it's performed by and why you like it.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

definetly "Christmas at Grounds Zero" by Weird Al. It sounds pleasant and happy but the lyrics say something different... :P

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Traditionally, I like "Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella" and "The Little Drummer Boy."

Untraditionally, I like MUPPET'S CHRISTMAS.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There was already a "Favourite Christmas Song" thread in General Discussion, and seeing as there isn't much point having two Christmas Songs threads, I've moved the mentioned topic into the Music Discussion forum and am locking this topic. Even though it hasn't been replied to for a long time, I actually don't mind if topics in this forum are necromanced, as long as you have something to say. Feel free to reiterate what you've written here into the other thread. You can PM me if you disagree. You can find the link to the old topic here.

(actually, I made a mistake and this thread here was created first, but there's no point in continuing this one seeing the other one has so much more content so i did the right thing anyhow 8-) )

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]