It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:31 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Darkrai on Pokemon.Com 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OKay, so umm does anyone know why Darkrai is on the official Pokemon website floating back and forth??

-Ryan

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Maybe there's an event coming up, and it hasn't been officially announced yet...
*crosses fingers*

EDIT: No, wait... after checking the site, I have reason to believe it's a {darkrai} trading card in the new TCG expansion.

Rats, I was hoping for a Members' Pass...

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's probably to promote the new movie. ;o

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah I don't understand why everyone is getting there hopes up for an event, and then when they are wrong they blame Nintendo and Game Freak for it. I would "hope" it would be a TCG Promotional Card but I highly doubt it. More than likely for the new movie if anything.

This sort of reminds me of the January 12th surprise and all we got Diamond Dust in Snowpoint.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I guess I'll post this here...
I went on today and saw http://www.pokemon.com/darkrai/
Check it out, they will eventually tell you how to get it

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm, maybe this is gonna be the first event for a legendary Pokemon. It's because of the new movie which will be released soon, I think. I really hope so, because this will be my first one. The one on January 12th I missed. :(
Mister D.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mr. Diamond wrote:
Hmm, maybe this is gonna be the first event for a legendary Pokemon. It's because of the new movie which will be released soon, I think. I really hope so, because this will be my first one. The one on January 12th I missed. :(
Mister D.

The January 12th "surprise" was just diamond dust snow in Snowpoint.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well, there is a event and i can prove it right here.

http://www.pokemon.com/darkrai/

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's nice. But the only announced date for the event is for the TCG. I want to know when the event is for the DS games.

-Ryan

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 pm
will someone keep this updated about darkria please because i dont go on pokemon.com often and i desperately need a legit darkria

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

^That's being kinda lazy, don't you think? :/

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkAriados wrote:
It could be a less-than-subtle hint...
Maybe there's an event coming up, and it hasn't been officially announced yet...
EDIT: No, wait... after checking the site, I have reason to believe it's a {darkrai} trading card in the new TCG expansion.

Both are right, the theory about the movie is too. I really hope there is an event coming up, because I'm really looking forward to getting Darkrai and Celebi. (As far as I remember, Nintendo didn't do an event for Celebi in the GBA generations.) I live in the northern part of Connecticut, and if there isn't an event locally, I wouldn't hesitate to drive to NYC or Boston for one.

magikoopa wrote:
will someone keep this updated about darkria please because i dont go on pokemon.com often and i desperately need a legit darkria

Isn't Darkrai an UBER? Why would you need it if you can't use it in the metagame or Battle Tower? If you only want one for collecting reasons, then you don't desperately need it.

f you are really THAT intent on getting it, go down to your local electronics store and purchase yourself a Gameshark or an Action Replay to get the Member's Pass, so you can catch a Darkrai semi-legit. However, people that do that are generally looked down upon by others (including myself).

Just be patient for the event, and if you can't, try your luck online, but I HIGHLY doubt you will get one.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Last edited by Smells Like on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Umm Smells Like, Celebi DID come to America for the GBA games. The 10th Anniversary Journey Across America gave them away in some places that they visited. I have 2 of them. But one is for my fiancee.

-Ryan

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 am
Smells Like wrote:
DarkAriados wrote:

Both are right, the theory about the movie is too. I really hope there is an event coming up, because I'm really looking forward to getting Darkrai and Celebi. (As far as I remember, Nintendo didn't do an event for Celebi in the GBA generations.) I live in the northern part of Connecticut, and if there isn't an event locally, I wouldn't hesitate to drive to NYC or Boston for one.

magikoopa wrote:

Isn't Darkrai an UBER? Why would you need it if you can't use it in the metagame or Battle Tower? If you only want one for collecting reasons, then you don't desperately need it.

f you are really THAT intent on getting it, go down to your local electronics store and purchase yourself a Gameshark or an Action Replay to get the Member's Pass, so you can catch a Darkrai semi-legit. However, people that do that are generally looked down upon by others (including myself).

Just be patient for the event, and if you can't, try your luck online, but I HIGHLY doubt you will get one.

i refuse to gameshark and seeing it is my favorite pokemon i do put it as prioity to have a legit one (sorry weavile)

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

magikoopa wrote:
Smells Like wrote:
DarkAriados wrote:

magikoopa wrote:

i refuse to gameshark and seeing it is my favorite pokemon i do put it as prioity to have a legit one (sorry weavile)

Then stop your whining and be patient :/

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The move is comming out on Cartoon Network at the end of Feb., so maybe the events won't be too long after that.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It'll probably be something similar to Manaphy.com which was used to promote the 9th movie. Maybe there'll be an opportunity to transfer one from a new poke game which Nintendo is bringing out?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, after the {manaphy} movie was released, they gave out {manaphy} for download from JB Hi-Fi in Australia. I got one, too - it has a Classic Ribbon, and came at lv50. (There's no cloning it, though. It can't be placed on GTS.)
If we're lucky, the event for getting {darkrai} will occur around the time the movie is released, just like with {manaphy}. Fingers still crossed...
I'll tell you a secret. I'm so keen on getting a {darkrai}, I've dreamed about it - twice. Which is creepy, because {darkrai} lulls people into vivid dreams...

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How long was the Manaphy event announced before it was released?

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Probably a month, I believe.

-Ryan

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

maybe it will allow people to get it via the Wi-Fi connection or through Battle Revolution. Because on the official Darkrai minisite it says theyd be telling you how to get it and its not mentioning any events or anything.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If they do release a code to get Darkrai on PBR that would be way easier & better than an event. Events are always on Saturdays & I work Saturdays.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, that would SUCK for me, since I don't even OWN a Wii.

-Ryan

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ryan_dan wrote:
Well, that would SUCK for me, since I don't even OWN a Wii.

-Ryan

If you at least know somebody who does have a Wii, don't worry. Anybody in the room with a connected DS can download the Mystery Gift from Battle Revolution. IE. It's not limited to the person who beat the game.

I and my Gf each have a surfing Pikachu now, and she didn't even touch my Wii to get it.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, there lies another problem. I don't know anyone with a Wii. I barely know anyone who plays video games at the moment.

-Ryan

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next