It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next
 General RSE Questions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Erins_Cause wrote:
Can you clone items and/or Pokemon before you beat the Elite Four, or is that only available afterwards?

Since the Battle Frontier is only available after the Elite Four, I would assume so. However, you might be able to clone in one of the small Battle Tents around the Hoenn Region, which are available before the Elite Four. I'm not really sure.

No, you can't, because there is a glitch in the battle tower so that when you follow the directions available (maybe on this site? I don't see why not.), the game saves the pokemon in your party, but not in your pc. That glitch doesn't occur anywhere else in the game.

Dark Zangoose wrote:
this is completely a random event that can happen anyday. but some people have been saying that its more frequent when you beat the elite four.

There won't be any department store sales until after you beat the elite four, and then they don't happen very often.

Okay, now for my question:

Say I'm fighting a trainer, and they send out a pokemon. Is there a link between how many experience points I'll get from making the pokemon faint and the experience curve that the pokemon that fainted has?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:32 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

600,000 simple
800,000 easy
1,000,000 normal
1million and something hard
1,25 million tough etc. etc.

then no, max experience or growth curve have nothing to do with how much experience your pokemon will earn
The only things that do affect how much exp your pokemon will earn (that are determined by the enemy pokemon ie. not taking into account your boosts) are the enemy experience stat or base stat (which can be found on the stats page on the psydex), the enemy's level, and whether the enemy pokemon is trained or wild.

For more on experience....http://www.psypokes.com/lab/expguide.php

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've looked all through the site for this, and I can't find it.

I know wild chinchou can hold yellow shards and wild corsola can hold red shards. But what wild pokemon can hold blue and green shards?

Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've looked all through the site for this, and I can't find it.

I know wild chinchou can hold yellow shards and wild corsola can hold red shards. But what wild pokemon can hold blue and green shards?

clamperl hold blue shards and relincanth hold green shards.

look harder next time (ie. look at this link for items held):

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/search.php?type=item

Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't seem to be searching hard enough. Thanks again.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The site shows the maximum attack of Groudon at Lv. 100, but can someone tell me the maximum attack of a wild Groudon at Lvs. 45 & 70?

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:45 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Attack Stat:

Base: 150

Unfavourable

Wild: 126-137
Trained: 151-163

Neutral

Wild: 140-153
Trained: 168-182

Advantageous

Wild: 154-168
Trained: 184-200

Groudon at L:70

Attack stat:

Base: 150

Unfavourable

Wild: 193-212
Trained: 233-252

neutral

Wild: 215-236
Trained: 259-280

Advantageous

Wild: 236-259
Trained: 284-308

Well there you have all the possible attack stats for Groudon at level 45 and Groudon at level 70. I just copied the format used for the stats page for pokemon on ther psydex (which is where I assume you first looked).

Well here is how I understand what everything in that table (and in what I wrote out) means:

Unfavourable: use this category when the pokemon has a nature that worsens the particular stat you are looking at (natures that worsen attack stat: Bold, Calm, Modest, Timid)

Advantageous: use this category when the pokemon has a nature that boosts the particular stat you are looking at (natures that boost attack stat: adamant, brave, lonely, naughty)

Neutral: use this category when the pokemon has a nature that does not affect the particular stat you are looking at (natures that don't affect attack stat: all other natures I did not mention)

Wild: use this sub category if the pokemon has no EVs in that particular stat, or for a pokemon that you have not yet trained (as just caught or wild pokemon will have no EVs)

Trained: use this sub category if the pokemon has maxed out EVs in taht particular stat (252-255)

Possible Stat Range: After you have chosen the correct sub category there will still be a range of what the stat can be which depends on the IVs or DVs that the pokemon has in that particular stat (from 0-31) 0 DVs having the lowest stat in the range and 31 DVs having the highest stat in the range. All other DVs are somewhere in between (the higher the DV the higher the stat, so you can estimate the stat if you know the DV)

Well that's how I understand it.

If you want to find out different stats for different pokemon at different levels with other different situations... play around with the Stat Calculator

To find out how different natures affect different stats: Natures Guide

more on EVs: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

more on DVs/IVs: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/dvguide.php

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can someone please help me I'm so stuck. How do I learn Waterfall?
Is the Cave of Origin the place where team magma put the submarine? And where in the world are they?
And, last question, Am I supposed to go to Sootoplois city first or the Ever something the one with the waterfall?

I'd be really grateful to someone if they helped me! :)

THIS IS IN RUBY VERSION BY THE WAY!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

millie wrote:
Is the Cave of Origin the place where team magma put the submarine? And where in the world are they?
And, last question, Am I supposed to go to Sootoplois city first or the Ever something the one with the waterfall?

To learn Waterfall, you need a HM (HM Waterfall, obviously). This HM is obtained at Mossdeep city, after beating the twin gym leaders (Liza and Tate).

Cave of Origin is where you capture Groudon (you said you play Ruby version, so that's what's in there). I can't exactly remember where Team Magnma is, but where are you in the game?

You go to Sootopolis to beat the Leader, then you exit and head off to Ever Grande City to use Waterfall, get up the waterfall, and into Victory Road. From there on, you go through the maze and into the League. Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion, and the storyline is done (not completely, but the main part is done).

Hope that helps :wink: .

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:

The question that Hyperbole didn't answer for you, I shall answer.
Magma put the submarine down in the Seafloor Cavern, underwater on route 128. Since route 127 connects to 128, it's advised you dive there to avoid all the trainers.
From there, work your way south until you see a cave. That cave should have the submarine. When you see the submarine, resurface there (don't exit the cave).
You'll find Magma grunts everywhere. Just fight your way to the back, picking up TM Earthquake and defeating Maxie in the final misty room. After you beat him, you'll exit the cavern. From there, make your way to Sootopolis, go in the cave of Origin, capture Groudon, leave, beat Wallace, and THEN go to Ever Grande and up the waterfall. (Since you can't use Waterfall unless you have the Rain Badge.)

Do you have any other questions?
- DNA

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hyperbole wrote:
millie wrote:

To learn Waterfall, you need a HM (HM Waterfall, obviously). This HM is obtained at Mossdeep city, after beating the twin gym leaders (Liza and Tate).

Cave of Origin is where you capture Groudon (you said you play Ruby version, so that's what's in there). I can't exactly remember where Team Magnma is, but where are you in the game?

You go to Sootopolis to beat the Leader, then you exit and head off to Ever Grande City to use Waterfall, get up the waterfall, and into Victory Road. From there on, you go through the maze and into the League. Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion, and the storyline is done (not completely, but the main part is done).

Hope that helps :wink: .

Both of you helped me I got to Sootopolis city and the seafloor cavern I just gotta find Maxie and beat him it shouldn't be that hard.

But I couldn't find a gym in Mossdeep city I don't think? I could be thinking of another town I don't have the game on right now. But I'll figure it out

Thanks Hyperbole and DNA! You both were a big help!

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mossdeep is the island in Northeast Hoenn with the space center. Are you confusing it with Pacifidlog, the really tiny island in the south that has the current to the west?

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

No problem, Millie; I'm here to help.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I looked at the stat calculator on the site, and the maximum Special Attack stat for a Lv. 70 {rayquaza} is 259, but for it to have 259, the IV/DV (whatever it's called here) for the stat could either be 30 or 31. I wanted to train it so that it has 438 Sp. Atk (the most it can have) when it gets to Lv. 100.

If the IV/DV for said stat is 30, {rayquaza} will have 437 at said Lv., but it's stats at Lv. 70 won't be affected. How can I know whether the IV/DV is 30, or 31?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shott133 wrote:
I looked at the stat calculator on the site, and the maximum Special Attack stat for a Lv. 70 {rayquaza} is 259, but for it to have 259, the IV/DV (whatever it's called here) for the stat could either be 30 or 31. I wanted to train it so that it has 438 Sp. Atk (the most it can have) when it gets to Lv. 100.

If the IV/DV for said stat is 30, {rayquaza} will have 437 at said Lv., but it's stats at Lv. 70 won't be affected. How can I know whether the IV/DV is 30, or 31?

You can Rare Candy it up, then reset the game. But a difference of 1 point is very little difference, especially for SpA.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:12 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I checked the stats for a level 70 rayquaza (doesn't matter what nature) for every DV and there is pretty much a different stat for every DV at this point. So when you catch the rayquaza, put its nature and stat into the DV calculator an you will 1DV and occasionally 2.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How do you make your pokemon happy enough to level up?
I'm trying to make my Golbat evolve into a Crobat but it doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry if this is a really obvious question because it seems like it would be.

I keep my head on tight I make my plans at night and I don't sleep, I don't sleep, I don't sleep til it's light!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

millie wrote:
I'm trying to make my Golbat evolve into a Crobat but it doesn't seem to be working.

Do you have the national dex? I don't think you can evolve a Golbat into a Crobat without it (you get it by beating the elite 4 in Emerald, you don't need it in RS, and if you need it, Golbat will start to evolve and then stop).
Otherwise, look at the Happiness guide, it has everything you need to know.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just restarted my Emerald any suggestions so that I don't screw it up too badly? I already chose my starter (Mudkip).

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Meeps wrote:
I just restarted my Emerald any suggestions so that I don't screw it up too badly? I already chose my starter (Mudkip).

well, I'm not quite sure how you could screw things up as you can always rebreed, remove EVs, etc. The main thing is that if you want good natured legends, make sure you reset to get those.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

JsXtm wrote:
millie wrote:

Do you have the national dex? I don't think you can evolve a Golbat into a Crobat without it (you get it by beating the elite 4 in Emerald, you don't need it in RS, and if you need it, Golbat will start to evolve and then stop).
Otherwise, look at the Happiness guide, it has everything you need to know.

Oh okay thanks.
So giving it pokeblocks only effects stuff like contests not their happiness?

I keep my head on tight I make my plans at night and I don't sleep, I don't sleep, I don't sleep til it's light!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:28 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

That's right, pokeblocks don't affect happiness. Only walking, giving pokemon vitamins, using pokemon in important battles, and levelling up raises happiness.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have Questions:
1. How can I get a black belt? The location basedfrom theitemslist is Route 115 but I could not find it.
2. Are there Pokemon that cannot have certain nature? I am breeding my ralts so that I will have ralts with synchronize and all the natures. I will use them so that I will find good-natured pokemon. I've read that the second effect of synchronize ability is that the encounter rate of Pokemon with the same nature with the pokemon with synch is increased if it is placed first in the team. It's working. But I still don't have ralts with adamant nature. I've been breeding for hours now.
If you would say that I should catch ditto with the desired nature for easy breeding, that cave is still not open.
3. If I will not let my pokemon evolve so that it will learn certain move (ex. shroomish - spore) and I let it evolve after learning that move, will it be able to learn the missed moves (ex. breloom - mach punch)?
4. Will 2 dittos lay an egg?
5. What is a bad egg? How will you get it? I've seen a thread entitled Bad Egg.
6. Where can I buy rare candies? I want to use them to check the DV's of the Pokemon.
7. How will I get my own Trainer ID?

Thanks.... :D

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:13 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

petz629 wrote:
I have Questions:
1. How can I get a black belt? The location basedfrom theitemslist is Route 115 but I could not find it.
2. Are there Pokemon that cannot have certain nature? I am breeding my ralts so that I will have ralts with synchronize and all the natures. I will use them so that I will find good-natured pokemon. I've read that the second effect of synchronize ability is that the encounter rate of Pokemon with the same nature with the pokemon with synch is increased if it is placed first in the team. It's working. But I still don't have ralts with adamant nature. I've been breeding for hours now.
If you would say that I should catch ditto with the desired nature for easy breeding, that cave is still not open.
3. If I will not let my pokemon evolve so that it will learn certain move (ex. shroomish - spore) and I let it evolve after learning that move, will it be able to learn the missed moves (ex. breloom - mach punch)?
4. Will 2 dittos lay an egg?
5. What is a bad egg? How will you get it? I've seen a thread entitled Bad Egg.
6. Where can I buy rare candies? I want to use them to check the DV's of the Pokemon.
7. How will I get my own Trainer ID?

1. Not sure; have you checked the hidden area you have to surf to on the upper end of Route 115?
2. Yes, eventually you'll get all the natures; every single nature is possible for every single pokemon. Breeding will take forever, though, I'd prefer catching them.
3. If the evolution would have learned it at a level you're already passed, then it will only learn it if you use the move rememberer to teach it. Otherwise, it'll learn it whenever it gets to the level it learns it at.
4. No.
5. Bad Eggs are a side-effect of cheating a lot with a Gameshark or Action Replay. They are bad. You do not want one.
6. You can purchase them with BP in the Battle Frontier in Emerald; otherwise, I don't think they're not available anywhere else.
7. Do you mean a Trainer Card like the one in my signature, or one in-game?

Edit: My mistake, you're right, Cherrygrove.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Quote:

Quote:
6. You can purchase them with BP in the Battle Frontier in Emerald; otherwise, I don't think they're available anywhere else.

You cannot buy rare candies, not even at the Battle Frontier

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next