It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Earthbound/Mother 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, Earthbound, also known as "Mother" in Japan.

Anyone play them?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Um...I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.

I played through some of Earthbound a few years ago, but I got stuck in the desert (right outside Fourside), and I haven't played it since. I tried Earthbound Zero, but it was confusing and boring. Mother 3 hasn't had a fantranslation yet, so I'm waiting on playing it. I know FireStarter is really looking forward to that patch, but I'm not sure if I'll play it or not. I'd like to play Earthbound/Zero first, but I just don't have the attention span for them.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It took me 5 years before I got around to beating Earthbound. It is such a long game, and certainly one of the better games I've played.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I wish I could play. But Nintendo won't even release it on VC. Such a shame, it looks so good, too.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
It is a shame, I've never even played it. Though I want to badly.

There's a possibility that Earthbound will be found on SSBB (See today's Dojo update), as Ness is (or should be) in it.

I certainly hope so.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

bak when the SNES was out i heard of it, but i never got a SNES and went straight to N64 and just forgot about it...
never really got the idea of it either since i was not really familiar with RPGs bak then
Then like 4 5 years later i see it a Japanese import store for 100$......gah and said i remember that game...

also, why is it not coming to the VC?

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:55 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I've played about fifteen minutes of it. Great concept, but the battle system annoys me. People complain about Final Fantasy, but Earthbound's system doesn't even have player sprites in the battle screen... or any animations. Just numbers.

Still, I should get round to playing it.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

goldenquagsire wrote:
I've played about fifteen minutes of it. Great concept, but the battle system annoys me. People complain about Final Fantasy, but Earthbound's system doesn't even have player sprites in the battle screen... or any animations. Just numbers.

Still, I should get round to playing it.

It's meant to be reminiscent of games like Dragon Quest. It was never meant to be something graphically intensive like an (at the time) FF game. If that were the case, there'd be things like in-game character portraits, etc.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:47 pm
it's like a baguette

I've played, beaten, and loved every single one of them. I would say I've beaten EarthBound around 14 times now. I can't think of a single game I would rather play.

Krisp wrote:
I tried Earthbound Zero, but it was confusing and boring.

You know how you have to give EarthBound time to grow on you? Well, EB0/Mother takes zen-like patience compared to EarthBound...hell, I didn't even finish it the first two times. I wouldn't say the game really gets going until Loid joins your party, and it is by far the longest and hardest of the three games. It was well worth the trouble, though.

Krisp wrote:
Mother 3 hasn't had a fantranslation yet, so I'm waiting on playing it. I know FireStarter is really looking forward to that patch, but I'm not sure if I'll play it or not.

I want to see it happen, but I think the translation team is in way over their heads. I appreciate their effort, but I've pretty much given up hope of ever seeing it.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have played through this game twice.

First time my comp needed to be re-formated

Second time around I was stuck at the boss with the barf (forgot his name) and he got me very angry

I stopped playing up until that point and then my hardrive was damaged during a Thunder Storm. So I had to get a new one.

I personally think I won't give this game another go anytime soon. If it comes on VC I will more than likely download it. But even that would have to be a miracle.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:48 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I bought the actual game for $3. 8-)

I started playing it yesterday while I've been laying in bed and I already made it to Fourside. It's too hard to stop playing.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]