It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next
 General RSE Questions 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I just got emerald yesterday (never played third gen before) and well as I play, I go to the the R/S walkthrough and read the sections that Ive just played through.. I just got to mauville and read up about slateport and noticed something about pokemon contests in that city (in a building near the pokemon centre) I tried looking for it.. couldnt find, is it not in emerald, did I read something wrong, or am I just blind???

Oh and to JsXtm, I never knew that there were Blue Jays fans in the US :roll:

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:25 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

In Emerald, it's a practice Battle Tent of some sort; all the pokemon contests are in Lilycove.
And yes, there are a few Blue Jays fans in the US.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

When will there be a sale at the lilycove mart?

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this is completely a random event that can happen anyday. but some people have been saying that its more frequent when you beat the elite four.

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

But does someone inform you when they occur, or do you just have to check the mart everyday?

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Lilycove special sale is announced in T.V.
The announce often occurs 2 days before the sale.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do the opponent's Pokemon have stat-affecting natures such as Adamant and Modest, or do they just have neutral natures such as Bashful and Quirky? Are they EV trained, and what kind of DVs do they have?

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Do the opponent's Pokemon have stat-affecting natures such as Adamant and Modest, or do they just have neutral natures such as Bashful and Quirky? Are they EV trained, and what kind of DVs do they have?

As far as I know, yes, your opponent's pokemon have natures, DVs, and EVs. How many EVs, how good DVs, and favorable/unfavorable natures for their movesets/species probably depends on where you're encountering them. The in-game trainers will probably not be very good overall, the Battle Frontier pokemon are probably significantly better.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Can you clone items and/or Pokemon before you beat the Elite Four, or is that only available afterwards?

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Can you clone items and/or Pokemon before you beat the Elite Four, or is that only available afterwards?

Since the Battle Frontier is only available after the Elite Four, I would assume so. However, you might be able to clone in one of the small Battle Tents around the Hoenn Region, which are available before the Elite Four. I'm not really sure.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is not that of a general question...
but if I teach TM to a pokemon, would it be possible to breed it to all other pokemon?

For example, if I teach Dragon Claw to a Sceptile, would it be possible at all to somehow breed this Tm to some pokemon of another egg groups away?

Also want to ask...
of the 3 draogn pokemon in Emerald, which one is worth training if I wanna use it in gyms and elites?
Swablu/ Altaria, Flygon, or Salamance?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Please refer to The attacks section of the Breeding Guide. But to answer your question, the baby will only Dragon Claw by breeding if Dragon Claw is one of the babies "Egg Moves" listed under the breeding info in the Psydex, if the Baby can learn Dragon Claw by TM, or if the baby can learn it by leveling up.

I would say Salamence, as I like it's stats better than Altaria's, and Salamence (bagon) is only available late in the game's storyline.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Please refer to The attacks section of the Breeding Guide. But to answer your question, the baby will only Dragon Claw by breeding if Dragon Claw is one of the babies "Egg Moves" listed under the breeding info in the Psydex, if the Baby can learn Dragon Claw by TM, or if the baby can learn it by leveling up.

I would say Salamence, as I like it's stats better than Altaria's, and Salamence (bagon) is only available late in the game's storyline.

Thanks for the linkies... :lol:

theoretically speaking, according to the egg groups table/chart, if I have a Scpetile with Dragon Claw and I want it to other pokemon, like say, Charizard. I would have to breed a male scpetile with that TM to a female Charizar-volution, right?

Hypothetically speaking, since Flygon is a ground type and it is a (limited) bug egg group with bare chance of learning Earthquake, is it possible to create a progressive breeding tree of Pokemon that learns EQ at levl up and breed earthquake to other egg groups and eventually Flygon?

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Where exactly do I find the Deep Sea Tooth in Emerald?

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:13 am
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Where exactly do I find the Deep Sea Tooth in Emerald?

You find the Scanner in the Abandoned Ship, which you can then trade for either a Deep Sea Tooth or a Deep Sea Scale from Captain Stern in Slateport.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?
I'm getting pokemon game, but which version is better? Do they offer different things for Ruby and Sapphire? I know Emerald gets more things, but which is more perferable, in gaming experience?

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Ruby and Sapphire are similar, whereas Emerald features the Battle Frontier. As such, Emerald is more replayable because you can spend hours to complete the Battle Frontier, whereas there isn't much to occupy your time in RS after the Elites. Go for Emerald.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

how do i re-fight pike queen lucy, as i have alredy beat her 1 time and got the symbol.how do i get a pikachu with volt tackle????

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

how do i re-fight pike queen lucy, as i have alredy beat her 1 time and got the symbol.

You won't re-fight her until it's time for the Gold Symbol match. Details about the Battle Pike.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I use Thief on a Pokemon and i accidentally KO the Pokemon. Can I still get an item if this happens?

<font size="5">Kabutops's Shinies:</font><br><br>{charmander} Hardy-Male-Level 1-Untouched<br>{oddish} Adamant-Male-Level 44<br>{magcargo} Female-Adamant-Level 39<br>{drifloon} Male-Lonely-Level 22-Untouched<br>{groudon} Naive-Level 45-Untouched

Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:46 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I use Thief on a Pokemon and i accidentally KO the Pokemon. Can I still get an item if this happens?

Yes. I once went Mushroom hunting in Mount Moon with a Snorlax and Covet, and pretty much got a 1-hit KO on all the Paras and Parasect I fought, and still got their mushrooms. Don't forget that the pokemon using Thief/Covet can't have an item attached; the stolen item gets attached to them, and if they have an item already, it just won't steal the item.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i breed an illumise and can get either it or a volbeat.

but if i breed a volbeat with a ditto can i get an illumise?

<font size="5">Kabutops's Shinies:</font><br><br>{charmander} Hardy-Male-Level 1-Untouched<br>{oddish} Adamant-Male-Level 44<br>{magcargo} Female-Adamant-Level 39<br>{drifloon} Male-Lonely-Level 22-Untouched<br>{groudon} Naive-Level 45-Untouched

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

i breed an illumise and can get either it or a volbeat.

but if i breed a volbeat with a ditto can i get an illumise?

I think so. Try it at least, and if not, you'll know, but it makes sense that it would work.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next