It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Homo Alien^v^Ongoing! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
(I've decided to actually use these ratings in my roleplays; this is T because I am planning on having a whole lot of gun play and fighting at some point [probably the end])

Roleplay Name: Homo Alien
Roleplay Genre: Sci-Fi

Setting: The main setting is a violent, multi-climate (but mostly wasteland and jungle) world; ruled by what we would call aliens.

Plot: This involves a little story:
EARTH, MARCH 9th, 2866 C.E.
*This is a monumental occasion. After Millenniums of wondering we are finally about to find out the answers to what really rules this universe. Professor Joseph, after a century of work, has finally found the connection between science and religion. He has finally discovered a way to be sent to where whatever God there is resides. He will actually be sending a group of people to Heaven...Or whatever the other place is. The world must bow to him, worship him, and record him in their histories for he is the greatest genius in the world!
Along with being a genius he is also a genorus man. For, although the governments of the world call him a terrorist for his well-justified acts to obtain funding, he will share his creation with the world. His device will select a few random people from around the world to take the maden voyage into the after-realm. He won’t even be going himself, so great is his generosity. A little bit of risk is involved however, as this is the first voyage; but what is a small chance of
real death compared to the wonders that the chosen ones will experience? That is what this broadcast is for, to reveal this chance of a lifetime to the world! And what is that knowledge compared to a small interruption of your program? The machine will be activated and the chosen ones selected tomorrow at noon. And now back to your program. *
*End of pirate broadcast*

EARTH, MARCH 10th, 2866 C.E.
1:00PM
*It is my great sorrow to report that the people that were “chosen” today at 12:00 AM as victims of an insane terrorist plot were not sent to any “other realm”. They were, instead, sent to an unknown place in the universe. They are almost certainly dead. This was a tradegy, but, sadly, the terrorist leader “Professor” Joseph Sraldini felt the need to perform more tests operation. Since it was now uncertain weather or not the machine will work he sent some of his own terroists, instead of taking the time to reset his machine to choose a random person. For some reason, he set the machine at the exact same settings, CIA officials think that this must be because he imagined his first failure a fluke so made an additional test just to make sure. So they are probably dead now too. Fortunately, the FBI managed to track the machine down and arrest Joseph Sraldini before he could take more lives. The machine has been taken in for examination, in the obscure hope that it may be possible to recover the poor souls.
This is Mary Wilson, reporting.
*End of news broadcast*

The “chosen” people are sent to an alien planet, the RPers can join as either a terrorist or one of the random people. When they arrive there the curious mix of gases in the air release certain realms of the mind that have never been fully realized by humans before (which means they gain physic abilities). The plot is surviving on this alien world and controlling their new abilities. As well as something else that I will reveal a bit later in the story…

Additional Rules:

1. No Mary/Bary-sues.
2. No godmodding.
3. You may have only one psychic power. And it has to be something reasonable, no “I can kwil evyone wif a glance!” crap. Your power cannot be taking over people’s minds. All powers must be unique. The power must have something to do with the mind, at least a little bit.
4. Us gud gwamer!1!!1 (Use good grammar)
5. You must be an active member.
6. You can have up to two characters who must be on separate sides (at least at the beginning).
7. Use the form:
Code:

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Personality/Brief history[/b]:
[b]Side[/b]: (Random person or terrorist)
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Other[/b] (optional):

Mine:

Name: Craun Rosher
Personality/Brief history: Craun is not a rash guy, he likes to think thing through. He is smart, but he doesn’t use that intelligence for anything but something that interests him. He likes Psychology. He is, however, prone to indecision, it is very hard for him to commit to anything; he says this is because he likes to examine the fullness of all opportunities, but it is really because he is a bit of a coward. He keeps himself physically fit because he is afraid of getting beaten in a fight. He has a fear of commitment. He is more afraid of emotions than any weapon, physical things tend not to scare him. He had just graduated from college and was getting used to life on his own when he was “chosen” and sucked to the planet. He has learned to use a staff as a weapon and has minor Boy Scout camping skills.
Side: Random person
Ability: The ability to slow down time for only himself, but not necessarily his passage through it.
Appearance: His is medium height and has muscular arms, but not so much his legs. He can’t run for very long. He has Brown hair and Brown eyes. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, sneakers and a gray t-shirt with a black sweater when he was “chosen”.

Name: James Uli
Personality/Brief history: James is rather optimistic, in a creepy way. If a person gets shot and dies in his arms he will say good-bye with a smile. Truly he is in deep denial of pretty much all of life, his sub-conscious has convinced itself that nothing is actually happening and that it’s all a dream; this has made him very good at endurance. He grew up in poverty and it was when his mother died that the denial started. He dropped out of high-school when his dad died from drug-poisoning and managed to make his was through life as a fast-food manager. Eventually he got caught up in a gang of drug dealers, a member of that gang was Joseph; James got addicted to heroin there. Eventually James got arrested, during his time he had no access to heroin and it eventually destroyed all sanity in his mind. He ran into Joseph again when his time was up, this time he had his own gang trying to find the meaning of life by building a machine. James was the one who came up with the idea of using terror attacks to get money, and he helped carry them out. During these he became a learned marksmen and a great tactician. He was immensely loyal to professor Joseph and became second in command. He was the person who delivered the first announcement and the first to volunteer for the test.
Side: Terrorist
Ability: He can see all positive things that can happen within two hours of the future and the actions that would need to be taken to reach them.
Appearance: He is short and slightly fat. He is not in very good shape but not horribly bad shape either, he is at least able to run full out for a few minutes without breathing hard. He went into the mission in a white sweater, black pants and black hiking shoes. He has black hair and blue eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will start when there are enough people.

Last edited by dunsparce on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:48 am, edited 8 times in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Personality/Brief history: Likes girls. He was a unhappy and quiet child when he was small, he had no friends even now he is quiet and unhappy. Nobody knows why he has been unhappy all these years, the only time he was happy was when his parents died. Many people this was strange. He lost his parents in a unfournate incident, Smart but clumsy and quiet but when something needs to be said he says it.

He also likes it when somebody is in pain, when somebody dies he likes to close their eyelids when they die as a sign of respect. He loves causing pain to someone. He is not a big-time terrorist.

Side: (Random person or terrorist) Terrorist
Ability: Can see 25 seconds into the future
Appearance: Tall, short hair, has summer clothes on, a T-shirt and shorts
Other (optional): The loss of his parents affected him, his psychic power activates when he is angry. One minute hee is sometimes calm, the other minute he is angry.

Some people think he is mad, no one knows, all that the boy has known are terrorists, the terrorists have took care of him ever since his parents died, that is why he became a terrorist. That was the only he knew, since his parents died.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Last edited by Roar Of Time on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Personality/Brief history:She is nice and merciful, as well as a natural nurse, and is very independent. She hates showing weakness, and in the blink of an eye, she can turn from being happy to being a violent and angry person. At other times, she can act incredibly shy. She doesn't talk a lot, but is very smart. However, when she was young, she took karate, and so can defend herself at the least. She ran away from home a few years ago from abuse and ignorance. She then went to a public school and took care of herself with the money from her uncle's will, the only man who had seemed to care for her. She also was "chosen" to be sucked to the planet, and wields a small dagger that she got from her uncle to defend herself. She knows martial arts though, and has fast reflexes.
Side: Random person
Ability: She can see or hear things from far away.
Appearance: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... tabend.jpg

Other (optional):

((Edited: I changed my ability, if it's okay...))

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: I am one of few that are destined to stop the war between light and dark...
I had to change the appearance if you don't mind. :wink:

Name: Hikara
Personality/Brief history: Hikara is a girl that likes to go at her own tempo. She dosen't like to get rushed, because if she does, she can screw up on something very badly. She dosen't talk much and is very shy. Even though she is very bright for her age, she tends to act strange so she wouldn't be made fun of. Hikara can keep herself up in a fight, with the skills that she harnesses with a bow and arrow. She is very sweet and kind, but once in a fight with her, she becomes a very violent and twisted person.
Side: (Random person or terrorist): Random Person
Ability: When she shoots her arrows, an aftershock of psychic energy follows them and batters the enemy with pain.
Appearance: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/ ... hunter.jpg
Other (optional): None

Last edited by Sakuya~ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ROT: No, it looks a bit like a Sue. I need a bit more in the Personality/Brief History. And your ability is lacking in originality and limits.

Kawaii Angel: Please pick one ability, you have two there. After you do that Accepted :D.

Sakuya~: I would but the history will be very disruptive to where I want this story to go. Also this seems to be magical person, what with the cursed sword and everything, this is sci-fi not fantasy. Please try again.

If you want to try again edit it into your post instead of posting again please.

P.S. Also, keep in mind we will start (when we start) when the people first arrive at the planet, still completely ignorant of their abilities.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
((I edited. Also, is it alright for a side effect of my power? It makes sense...since a strong psychic wave CAN confuse magnetized objects, and technology fits under that.....))

Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: I am one of few that are destined to stop the war between light and dark...
((I edited too. Hopefully it goes better with the story :wink: ))

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I edited. Also, is it alright for a side effect of my power? It makes sense...since a strong psychic wave CAN confuse magnetized objects, and technology fits under that.....))

Nnnnnnn...Ok. As long as the electronics don't explode or anything. They just stop working.

Sakuya~: That works, Accepted.

P.S. Posting to say you edited kind of destroys the point XD. And you don't really need to use special indications of OCC until the RP starts.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Sir, I've edited it, is it better now?))

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nvm...-_-' I apologize...ignore previous comment.....

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Sir, I've edited it, is it better now?))

"Sir"? 0.0

It's better but the ability is still too powerful.

I'm sorry if I'm seeming picky but I did state all this clearly in the rules.

Please stop posting to say you edited. PM me if you must.

EDIT: Ok, accepted ROT.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, we waiting for a couple more people or are we going to start with just us? Just asking.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So, we waiting for a couple more people or are we going to start with just us? Just asking.

We're going to wait for more. I'm planning on starting this when we have 8 joined or in a week, whichever comes first.

Last edited by dunsparce on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Sitting in my humble home adding color into the pages of my life.
Sorry, I was trying to make a character that was sorta like the picture but Ill start over. (also bout the sue :wink: )

Name: Sonaa
Personality/Brief history: Sonaa is a normal high school girl. Her talent for drawing and writing has awarded her with many friends that she can depend on. Although, you may think that this 14 year old girl wouldn't care about much, she is VERY timid. Many times when walking home from her review class, she looks behind her to make sure nobody is stalking her. When Sonaa was about 7 years old or so, she had a best friend that had died in a car crash. Still griefing over her death, her mind often gets clouded and she makes some pretty bad or stupid choices. From all the grief and timidness, you shall see Sonaa as a calm and sweet person that would do anything for her friends.
Side: (Random person or terrorist) Random
Ability: Has the ability to interact with the dead or spirits, sort of like a medium.
Appearance: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305 ... olgirl.jpg
Other (optional): When she arrives on the "planet" her psychic abilites tap in and Sonaa spoke with her best friend again.

Is this better?

EDIT: Sorry for editing so many times, I needed to correct the flaws.

Last edited by Kurakari on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Kurakari: Yes there are but your character seems like a Sue. For full definition of what a Sue his click here. Keep in mind that these are supposed to be like real used-to-be-normal people, and normal 14 year-old people aren't ninjas :P.

Feel free to try again by editing.

EDIT: That's better, accepted.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personality/Brief history: Evo is a high-schooler who never seemed to see the bright side of anything. He was found at a lake, abandoned, and has always been an outsider at school. He had been forced into counseling, but soon, the counselor quit after he ripped apart a few thing and refused to be happy. Ever since, he has grown a hate for all humans but himself. He was also often caught doing things such as sneaking into labs and messing up expirements, and cutting off tubes at hospitals.
He is very pessimistic, and never is happy. Never.
Side: Terrorist
Ability: Can use mind waves to physically sense hidden objects.
Appearance: Normal height and slightly underweight, he always wears typical black clothing, or so it seems to most people. His head is always down, and his shoes are black as well. He also wears black gloves. His skin is a bit pale, and his eyes are gray, though no one ever sees them. His hair is long and brown, and covers his eyes.

EDIT: Edited ability, if it's still not valid, I'll edit it again.

Last edited by SkyBlitz on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Good SkyBlitz, but your ability kinda goes against the Role Playing Forum Rules:

Quote:

Godmoding/powerplaying: There are several definitions of these two terms, which seem to be used interchangeably, so I'll try and cover them all.
-Playing an invincible or immortal character; never taking damage from attacks
-Controlling someone else's character. This can be anything from "your character smiled at my character" through to "my character throws a big ball of fire at your character and your character is charred instantly, then your character falls to the ground, dead."
-Controlling the environment/setting in ways that are obviously against the creator's intentions. If the setting is described as "a bright and sunny field in spring", don't have it start snowing without warning.
-Having overly powerful characters (in pokemon's case, that usually means a trainer with one or more legendary pokemon, or playing a legendary pokemon yourself)

As it applies here: you cannot make anyone think or see anything.

Everything else is good, just that one issue needs to be fixed.

EDIT: @Kurakari: Your character doesn't have to match the picture exactly. If you want her to have a sword then she can find it on the "planet", in realistic circumstances please ("OMG a sword stuck in the ground!"= :( ).

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sorry for the picture thing. I get my mind to wrapped around things sometimes. (btw, why do you keep putting a @ by my name? Is it for your directing this at me or something?) Just wondering.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry for the picture thing. I get my mind to wrapped around things sometimes. (btw, why do you keep putting a @ by my name? Is it for your directing this at me or something?) Just wondering.

It's just a commonly used use of the symbol to make it clear whom the poster is talking to in a post in which the poster is referring to more than one person.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey dude, Im sorry but Im not going to be on psypokes for a while and won't be able to do the RP. Sorry for the short notice.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, may I join if there is still room? I've read the rules and everything.

Name: Khana
Personality/Brief history: Khana is a calm and collected girl who loves to draw. She is currently going to an art school but just got out for the summer. Khana is also very shy so dosen't talk much or have a lot of friends, so she can be lonely sometimes. Some of her bad points may include being insecure. She is very self-conscious , so she mostly stays inside her apartment or in her fenced backyard. Another may be not being very obident. Her parents had died in a house fire when she was young, so she had to live by herself without any supervision or parental guidence. Khana is what you may think as a normal 12 year old girl.
Side: (Random person or terrorist) Random
Ability: To make her drawings come to life. She only draws certain things when she needs to, like shields and small knifes and stuff. Not almighty gods that obliterate everything in sight. :wink:
Appearance: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/ ... 20nuit.jpg Don't mind the backround, it's not there :wink: .
Other (optional): N/A

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Kandrixa: Ummmmm...Ok, accepted. Just please make sure that your power doesn't take on mystical qualities though, I say again: this is sci-fi not fantasy.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

btw, are we starting tomorrow since today is the last to sign up?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next