It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 King of Words 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If your going to write poetry you should put it in a separate thread methinks.

The poems are a bit chaotic, I don't really know what to make of them. The string one made me completely confuzzled.

string. long.

snake. long.

don't post if you're just going to say "what the freak is this". ;[

and no, i'm not making a separate thread for them.

and i've been writing poetry for months.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The 'string' poem was actually my favourite. Short but with a deeper meaing than, you know, string, and funny in an ironic; deadly way.
I wish I could write poetry like this, mine turn out to be depressing these days. Saying that, I haven't done anything for months.

Anyway, good stuff *name* (I don't wanna call it you if you prefer Valentine on here but I like your name, lol.)

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

KOW update on my da.

for those who don't feel like going there:

Quote:
KOW. cow. coooow.

k update tiem:

<b>OMG THE ORIGINAL CHAPTER FIVE EXPLODED!!!</b>
:O???

<b>HEY HOW COME YOU HAVENT BEEN WRITING CHAPTERS</b>
i have, but i'm too damn lazy to type them up. im also debating over the order of the chapters that arent typed up.

<b>NOW THAT CHAPTER FIVE'S GONE WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHAPTERS WITH TANGI IN THEM!</b>
what about cat tangi? >:0

umm yeah I KNOW THAT and i'll stick him in a chapter or something

<b>have you had tessa7338 edit any of your chapters yet?</b>
no

<b>when can we expect another chapter to be typed up?</b>
whenever i feel like it. i might get one in today, or tomorrow (if school's canceled again), this weekend, whatever. hopefully before christmas break/christmas itself ;[

<b>WTF QUENTIN'S DEAD??</b>
yes

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

this post does not matter anymore and i'm getting rid of it to protect people from spoilers

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

this post does not matter anymore and i'm getting rid of it to protect people from spoilers

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just a couple of sentences with no closing speech marks but who cares? Nice work :) .
So does Deena love Ace even though she doesn't like him? Or neither?

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

She cares about him (only a little bit), but she doesn't think he's really that great a person. ;x No love or like.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:( Oh dear, she should just be with someone she loves. Poor her...and Ace too as I guess he does actually love her, he's just a bit of a pr*ck?

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ace is a prick, yeah. he's not mean to her but he's mean to everyone else, which really makes her angry. she likes xarion and his castle, but as long as ace is there, she's going to be gone, which is why she "ran away" (quentin says she'll meet up with them when shes really fleeing from the castle). ;o

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry Kasey, I thought I'd replied already but I recall now; I remember reading it but being too tired to add a comment so I went to bed.

They don't get on very well; why is Deena like that? I think I missed something :(.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

and lori is probably one of the characters i hate most (other than annabelle), so i like to make fun of them by making everyone but a few specific people hate them. :D

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Loll. Why did she start choking her though? I thought she was meant to be sweet, haha.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

nope, deena's pretty mean overall. she has her sweet side, but she doesnt show it very often. ;p

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://xaliaphous.deviantart.com/art/ON ... E-74568587

we're all working on a story in #psypoke. the story contains sexual themes, and after i finish the story, a mature content filter will be put up. people who dont have an account wont be able to turn the filter off, so save it to your computer if you can.

if you want to join in, go to #psypoke. i'm done editing it right now, but later we'll work on it again.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

king of words is being redone.

yep. i couldn't stand how crappy the chapters are and how lifeless the characters were, so i'm rewriting the whole thing. don't worry; the same characters are there, plus some others.

however, laiden is dead, maria got a name change, and maddox doesnt exist. :O

---

prologue:

I dare you to imagine this.

Think of a peaceful village, overflowing with happy people. Everyone knew everyone else. People got along. Little children went on walks with their parents and their friends towards the woods bordering the west side of town and back every morning, and every weekend was celebrated, each individual street having its own party and welcoming outsiders with open arms. There wasn't a tarnished soul anywhere in sight, mothers loved their kin, fathers came home smiling, and, as cliché as it sounds, no child was left behind. Everybody had a future.

This place existed until one mother lost it.

Bella Star, professional florist and owner of a small gift shop, suffered from clinical depression after her beloved husband, who she had grown up with and cherished more than anything, left her due to social status (something very trivial, might I add). Needless to say, the poor woman couldn't get over it and eventually was overcome by fear, sadness, plus rage, and had no positive outlook on anything whatsoever. Nobody really noticed until her daughter showed up to school covered in bruises a few months later.

After Charis Kama died from a bullet in the chest, things just went downhill from there.

Deena Fury disappeared the day after Charis Kama died. According to Trei, she had brought them home to Laiden's father, explained what happened, went to her own house, and never came out. It has not been confirmed whether she is alive or not.

Marion Triste, age 10 and a good friend of mine, ran away from the village two years later. He had been diagnosed with necrophobia the week before. However, I have heard that he is alive and well to this day.

Laiden Kama died in a car accident at age 13. Trei, his cousin, adopted a fear of most moving vehicles shortly afterwards.

My friends and I's caretaker during day hours in the summer, a teenager we referred to as Quentin, committed suicide right before Marion left town. A classmate and companion of mine, Loretta Chang, found a note on her kitchen table saying he was going to be gone for a while, “to save someone who is dear”. She had been on vacation with her parents the night he died.

To top it all off, a young boy named Aaron Nowright burned down the entire town less than a year later.

As far as I know, everyone made it. That night was also a holiday; most families were out of town around that time anyway. Aaron had been trying to light a firework by himself to celebrate. He and his family would have been banished (because we all knew Aaron was a very honest person at the time and would have admitted to it), but he didn't come home that night and nobody found out who did it until the whole family was long gone.

All of my (living) friends achieved or are on the road to achieving their dreams today. Loretta (better known as Lori) Chang is going to college to become a forensic scientist - and babysitting at the same time.

Trei Kama loves to travel and gets to do just that almost every day.

Somebody I didn't mention – a quiet buddy of mine named Noel Circe – is a magician's apprentice.

Myself, I'm a freelance writer. My dream is to get a best-seller on the shelves. I've adopted a little girl nicknamed Mimo, as well as a cat somewhat named after myself, who has the ability to talk due to hanging around a colony of small fairies and watching over them.

I am Tangdom Regal, and I proudly present to you my newest piece – King of Words.

---

i know it's not spaced correctly, but it looks better on the forums. blarg.

edit: some stuff i forgot to mention:

bella star = belle starr, a famous female western outlaw. that's where her name is from.
mimo = mimic in italian. what can you infer from this? :O
necrophobia = fear of dead people. important part of the story, i suppose.
trei is pronounced the same as the name trey.
nowright = no right (as in, 'you have no right to do this').
triste = sad in french and spanish.
fury = fury, obviously.
chang = first asian last name that came to mind (...it is asian, right?).
kama = karma. important part of the story as well.
tangdom = tangi (which apparently also means sad) + bodom (after the lake bodom murders). no real relation to his positive disposition.
charis = charisma.
loretta = her whole name was originally going to be lorraine (my middle name), which is where lori came from. for some reason, i changed it.
circe = whatserface from the odyssey.

it's supposed to sound rather mediocre, because this is tangdom's point of view. although he is a writer, he's not the best. :p

edit: charis kama is not bella star's daughter, just so you know. she is an adult, but i'm not telling you what her relation to the other characters are (you can make a good guess though).

Last edited by Valentine on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
Oh goody, now I can read this again (I got lost when you deleted those five chapters).

This was good, it captured my attention, but it didn't tie in too well at then end with his introduction of the King of Words. Also, I could have used more character explanations to make it more clear and seem less random.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2