It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Pokerus Question 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wow its been a long time since i last came to psypokes. I have a question about Pokerus. Since I couldnt find a pokemon with pokerus, I asked a friend for one. Now, how do I spread the virus? do I have to battle with the pokemon on my team, use the pokemon in a battle or just walk with the pokemon? Its in my FR. Does it have to be in RSE? Will it even spread cuz I traded it, not caught it? Thanks in advance you guyz rock.

EDIT: Im not sure if this topic is in the right place if not, sorry.

EDIT2: How long will it take? Because I put him on my team and it didnt spread at all.

Last edited by Firebreath on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

it will spread automaticly.if u have the pokemon that has the pokerus in your party it will spread the rus onto the all your pokemon in your party automaticly. P.S.:your pokemon that has the rus might spread onto all the pokemon in the PC.But im not sure.thanks for letting me help you. :D

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:08 am
Profile YIM
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Almost everything that was said in the response was correct - except about the pc.

When a pokemon is put into the PC, it is frozen in time - the pokerus doesn't spread. And where there are real-clocks (EmSaRu), the 1 day contagious period is frozen as well.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When you fight with the infected pokemon, there is a good chance that it will spread to the pokemon in your party. If you battle often enough, it should spread pretty fast.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When you fight with the infected pokemon, there is a good chance that it will spread to the pokemon in your party. If you battle often enough, it should spread pretty fast.

chance is 1/3 :)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thank you to all - specially to Shott133 and Sion9. You guys gave me the answer I was looking for. I know I read the Pokerus section in Psylab a few times and im sure it didnt say anything about chances of it spreading or anything like that ( unless i skipped it ;) )

EDIT: Ok I tried using my pokemon with Pokerus in battle. It didnt work. I battled several times already. Does it only spread in RSE (cuz its in my Fire Red?)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

EDIT: Ok I tried using my pokemon with Pokerus in battle. It didnt work. I battled several times already. Does it only spread in RSE (cuz its in my Fire Red?)

Yes, because only they have a time function, and Pokerus requires time to pass to spread. Thus, you can catch Pokerus from wild pokemon in LGFR, but only spread it among your party memebers in RSE.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you to all - specially to Shott133 and Sion9.

Anytime.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Firebreath wrote:

Yes, because only they have a time function, and Pokerus requires time to pass to spread. Thus, you can catch Pokerus from wild pokemon in LGFR, but only spread it among your party memebers in RSE.

Thank you very much. Too bad my Sapphire had the internal battery thing. I've searched the internet and found no way to fix it.... tough luck :(

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Too bad my Sapphire had the internal battery thing. I've searched the internet and found no way to fix it.... tough luck :(

You mean the Berry Glitch? You can solve it if you have Colosseum, FR or LG. For more information, go to our main site... specifically, here: http://www.psypokes.com/rs/faqs.php

Scroll down to the last question of the page.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:59 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Firebreath wrote:
Too bad my Sapphire had the internal battery thing. I've searched the internet and found no way to fix it.... tough luck :(

You mean the Berry Glitch? You can solve it if you have Colosseum, FR or LG. For more information, go to our main site... specifically, here: http://www.psypokes.com/rs/faqs.php

Sorry but.... I've seen and tried that before. It didn't work. I think its not the berry glitch. Maybe something different. "The internal battery has run dry."
Is this battery in the gameboy advance or the sapphire version itself?

Last edited by Firebreath on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:59 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

sN0wBaLL wrote:
Firebreath wrote:

Sorry but.... I've seen and tried that before. It didn't work. I think its not the berry glitch. Maybe something different. "The internal battery has run dry."
Is this battery in the gameboy advance or the sapphire version itself?

The Sapphire version itself. Berries won't grow, and the clock ceases to work. Trading with a FRLG will remedy the Berry problem, but I don't think that's the case for the time problem.

- DNA

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes, because only they have a time function, and Pokerus requires time to pass to spread.

You only have to enter a battle to make PKRS spread...But, PKRS requires time for the pokemon to stop being contagious, so that's probably why Game Freak decided not to let it spread (that would be unfair to those in RSE, because in FRLG pokemon would never lose PKRS).

Firebreath wrote:
"The internal battery has run dry."

RSE has an internal battery to keep track of the time (because the GBA doesn't). When the battery runs dry, the only way to get it fixed is to send it to Nintendo. All time based events will not work.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thank you for your clarification on everything DNA and Sion9. But I'll try not to get off topic. Is there already a topic on this internal battery running dry? I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks to all.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]