It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Super Mario Bros. EC 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

READ THIS

The topic title lies.

This is an Elimination Challenge for Foreman Spike characters. Go look up what an Elimination Challenge is, for I've no time to tell you; it's starting now.

Each round will end in when I feel like it should. Usually two days. Vote quickly before your character gets booted!

Plurals in names indicate species.

Let the games begin!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I always loved this little guy, even in Mario Kart./ ARGH! I HATE these CREEPY little....things!

Man...Swampert20 is talented... ^^ Look at that!

Last edited by soulmaster on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've loved Yoshi ever since I was little, they're so cute. :3/Only character I've ever disliked, he's ugly, and creepy.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bowser I have liked for as long as I can remember, back to when I played my Super Mario Deluxe on gameboy.
I have a pure hate for Wario ever since I have played my Wario Land 3 game for game boy. And to top it off, the end boss is like super mega hard, (atleast for me, congratz if you can actually beat it) and I still haven't beat the game, it's sitting in my house somewhere mocking me, even though it's battery probably died and lost its save file. I HATE YOU WARIO LAND 3!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Princess Peach is very favorite video game character. I first used her in SMB2 when I was about three years old and I've picked her every time she's been a playable character since. Even though she's a damsel in distress in the main Mario games, I think it's great that Peach is usually one of the better characters when she's playable in the RPGs/spinoffs because it teaches male players not to underestimate women. Peach is great in SMB2, SMRPG, SSBM and in her own starring title as well. Even though Mario characters are generally underdeveloped outside of a few key personality traits, I also love Peach's character; she has a very positive and upbeat attitude about the world and she doesn't hold grudges, even against somebody like Bowser who kidnaps her multiple times. I think we could all learn a lot from her.

The Baby Mario Brothers, on the other hand, suck. Even though the spinoff games don't hold any importance to the main series' plot, it's still baffling to me that nobody questions the freaky time hole which allows Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to all be playable in the same games with no given explanation. Baby Luigi in particular is a useless entity who was essentially the damsel of distress in his debut game, was Baby Mario's pointless partner in a crappy spinoff, and had only one important role in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Baby Mario, while being slightly better by having a less worthless role in Yoshi's Island, is almost as bad. And I don't even need to mention how annoying Baby Mario's crying in that game was, do I? There are plenty of Mario characters who could appear in the spinoff games, so I don't know why Nintendo keeps insisting on adding these two annoying wastes of continunity-raping space to fill in the ranks.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Peach = hawtt and powerful.
Daisy = weak, stupid, inferior *insert word that would usually be bleeoed*

Plus...

Mario varies Directly with Peach
Luigi varies Directly with Peach

IMO, Mario > Luigi...so Peach > Daisy

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It was the best item possible in Mario Kart DS. Its like a mixture of a Golden Mushroom, a thing that speeds your cart up by an amazing amount, and a Star, the thing that knocks out anybody it touches. Plus you don't need to steer it; it moves across the track by itself/Oh my gosh, they are so powerful!!!! :o Get a life, there's a reason why they are one of the first oppoents you meet in the games, and thats because their battling power reminds people of little kids pretending to be superheroes and accidentally breaking the bedroom window

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Toads rule! Well they at least rule at the un-Mario games like Mario Parties, Mario Karts, etc. / Daisy = Off brand Peach and she's stupid and worthless.

^_^

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Bowser's a cool, basic and classic bad guy who ya just love to beat up. The babies on the other hand are just pointless and made no sense to me whatsoever.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I haven't played a lot of Mario (I know, so sue me), but I really like the Koopas in Mario Kart/Who the heck is Foreman Spike?

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Contrary to many others opinions i hate peach.
Mario kept chasing a spoilt, ugly, prostitute.
Who didn't want bowser to eat her?

I did

92% of normal people wouldn't read a stupid tiny piece of writing at the bottom of a signature. If you are part of the 8% that did and are
waiting for a punchline you won't get one. GO AWAY!

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:11 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Paratroopas (or whatever they're called) / Waluigi
I'm not sure why, but I always find these guys to be oh so cute. One of my better liked characters. / The name is uninteresting, he himself is unoriginal (he ripped of Luigi and Wario imo), and he looks like a stick insect on steroids.

- DNA

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:44 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Koopa Paratroopas/Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

my favorite charecter/wtf is with these guy's babies

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20710 <---come to my shop for TC's (i'm now hiring!!)

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yoshis/Boos

I always loved this little guy, even in Mario Kart./ ARGH! I HATE these CREEPY little....things!

Auzzie wrote:
Bowser / Wario

Bowser I have liked for as long as I can remember, back to when I played my Super Mario Deluxe on gameboy.
I have a pure hate for Wario ever since I have played my Wario Land 3 game for game boy. And to top it off, the end boss is like super mega hard, (atleast for me, congratz if you can actually beat it) and I still haven't beat the game, it's sitting in my house somewhere mocking me, even though it's battery probably died and lost its save file. I HATE YOU WARIO LAND 3!

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Peach / Daisy

Peach = hawtt and powerful.
Daisy = weak, stupid, inferior *insert word that would usually be bleeoed*

Plus...

Mario varies Directly with Peach
Luigi varies Directly with Peach

IMO, Mario > Luigi...so Peach > Daisy

Krisp wrote:
Peach / Waluigi

Peach isn't just a worthless princess that does nothing except get kidnapped (see: Zelda), she has her own game where she's the main character, AND she was undoubtedly the best character in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Waluigi and Wario are just...yuck. I've never liked either of them.

AKART wrote:
Bullet Bill/Goombas

It was the best item possible in Mario Kart DS. Its like a mixture of a Golden Mushroom, a thing that speeds your cart up by an amazing amount, and a Star, the thing that knocks out anybody it touches. Plus you don't need to steer it; it moves across the track by itself/Oh my gosh, they are so powerful!!!! :o Get a life, there's a reason why they are one of the first oppoents you meet in the games, and thats because their battling power reminds people of little kids pretending to be superheroes and accidentally breaking the bedroom window

pokemon_otaku wrote:
Toads/Daisy

The Toads rule! Well they at least rule at the un-Mario games like Mario Parties, Mario Karts, etc. / Daisy = Off brand Peach and she's stupid and worthless.

JsXtm wrote:
Koopa or Koopa Paratroopa/Foreman Spike

I haven't played a lot of Mario (I know, so sue me), but I really like the Koopas in Mario Kart/Who the heck is Foreman Spike?

Psycthero wrote:
Bowser/Peach

Contrary to many others opinions i hate peach.
Mario kept chasing a spoilt, ugly, prostitute.
Who didn't want bowser to eat her?

I did

pokemonfan!! wrote:
Koopa Paratroopas/Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

my favorite charecter/wtf is with these guy's babies

Quoted passages don't count.

Please say why you like the character, not just "they suck" or "I really liked them in this game". Even if it's something as simple as "Mario dresses nice" or "Donkey Kong is a monkey and I love monkey characters", just please, state your reasons. (Some of the quoted passages provide reasons for one vote and not the other)

Luigi/Waluigi
Luigi has been my favorite Mario character since the start (despite he's been declining recently >_>). Mainly because I had to choose between Mario and Luigi, and Fire Mario hurt my eyes, whereas Fire Luigi was more aesthetically pleasing. From there, I just grew up with him, so there isn't that much of a basis to WHY I like him, save he was always there when I picked up a Mario game (save SM64), reminding me of that very first one. / Ugh, filler characters. :/ There are plenty of characters in the Marioverse, yet they choose to make up noncanon ones like Waluigi and Toadette to filler spinoff rosters. I don't believe Waluigi is canon at all, and I think it is incredibly stupid and shallow to make an "evil counterpart" for Luigi just because Mario has a rival. That's something I'm glad Sonic Team hasn't done; Tails has no horribly unoriginal rival.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bowser has always been one of the baddest bad guys in my opinion, I usually play Mario games just so I can see bowser. He's also Mario's greatest enemy and I don't like Mario too much.

Waluigi is like the stupidest character besides Birdo, he's one of the reject characters like Wario but he sucks even more than Wario does, which really says something. I just hate everything about him, I hated him in tennis,Mario Party and every other thing they put him in, good thing he won't be a playable character in SSBB.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
PROBATION
PROBATION

I support mario becuase he is shown in every single Mario bros. game(well duh what do you expect it is MARIO bros. Razz) and was the playable character in Mario bros.(nintendo console). Plus, he is just plain cool :cool: ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wan't to boot Waluigi becuase he, as G4 says, has no purpose whatsoever in the game. I mean, he owns in tennis but really, THATS IT!!! Tennis ISN'T what we wan't to see him rock at. He just plain out sucks in everything else. Sorry Waluigi but I just have to boot you. You plain out suck :razz:

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:17 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Immunity: Bowser
Boot: Waluigi

Please try to remember to actually say why you like a character next round. :x

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Peach (and blondes in general) are funny and hot
Daisy is Fugly and keeps trying to immitate the superior woman.

And, how was my response before not counted? I put PEach = hawtt and powerful.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yoshi is usually hated by most people I talk to but he's actually not that bad of a character. He will always be my Mario Party character.

Baby Mari and Baby Luigi: I mean really who likes them, plus when did Mario and Luigi become fathers? Before Double Dash or something?

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bullet Bills/Goombas

They are amazing in Mario Kart DS. Why? Well, by pressing L/X when you have the item, you charge along the track at full speed, knocking out all obstacles and keeping on the track. In fact, by using infinity bullet bills via Action Replay, you could get a rank of three stars./Pokemon, Rayman, Sonic... most of the characters take two or three hits to destroy (Steelix in Pokemon, Rabbids in Rayman, Robotnik in Sonic, etc...) I don't think it should be any different in Mario. Therefore I find Goombas sucky pieces of @!$"£$! as they are too easy to kill. Also, they are ugly.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Paratroopas / Bowser Jr.
I'm not sure why, but I always find these guys to be oh so cute. One of my better liked characters. / He annoyed the heck out of me in P-in-T. I swear he was only there because they had to invent babies for everybody.

- DNA

Repeat, replacing Waluigi with Bowser Jr.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:45 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I'm probably going to stick with this same vote until one of the two gets knocked out. Refer to page one for explanations.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Luigi/Daisy
Same/More noncanon waste of space that is useless due to only existing in spinoffs.

I've decided I'm no longer being so strict with votes. As long as it's not total nonsense, it's accepted.

Immunity: Peach
Boot: Daisy and Baby Mario Bros.

Did I mention that if more than one character gets immunity, it doesn't count? :x

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:28 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

But if there's a tie in immunity, how is it decided? Die Roll/RNG?
Anyway here's my vote. (Again.)

DNA wrote:
Paratroopas / Bowser Jr.
I'm not sure why, but I always find these guys to be oh so cute. One of my better liked characters. / He annoyed the heck out of me in P-in-T. I swear he was only there because they had to invent babies for everybody.

- DNA

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bullet Bills/Goombas

They are amazing in Mario Kart DS. Why? Well, by pressing L/X when you have the item, you charge along the track at full speed, knocking out all obstacles and keeping on the track. In fact, by using infinity bullet bills via Action Replay, you could get a rank of three stars./Pokemon, Rayman, Sonic... most of the characters take two or three hits to destroy (Steelix in Pokemon, Rabbids in Rayman, Robotnik in Sonic, etc...) I don't think it should be any different in Mario. Therefore I find Goombas sucky pieces of @!$"£$! as they are too easy to kill. Also, they are ugly.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next