It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Legacy of Spira {Still Accepting!} 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Roleplay Name: Legacy of Spira
Roleplay Genre: Action / Adventure / Fantasy {Fire Emblem-esque}

Setting: Hundreds of years ago. "The Medieval Times" if you will.

Plot: It had been hundreds of years since The Great War, leaving the large country of Spira in a perverse spell of dictatorship. This, however, has led the remaining countries to revolt, causing yet another large war. With the land of Spira using it's large armies and numerous soldiers the protesting countries stand little no chance; For they have become weak not only in numbers but also in soldiers. It is now up to a small group of mercenaries and whomever they are able to recruit for their worthy cause to defeat the great armies of Spira and the evil that follows. Though they must beware, for humans aren't the only ones lurking in the shadows of these dark times. They must also be wary of Vampires, Werewolves, the deadly Dragonkin and a number of other dangerous creatures. You must make your way through these ordeals by using everything from swords to spells to defeat the tainted empire of Spira.

Additional Rules:
No Godmodding
Please read all the RP rules before joining
Be fair about your battles
Please try to limit the use of too many Vampires/Werewolves/Dragonkin
Multiple characters are permitable (depending on the number of players)
^^Please keep track of them all^^

Profile Setup
Quote:
Name:
Appearance:
Items:
Species: {Human, Werewolf, Vampire, Dragonkin}
Class: (Only if human) {choose title from list} Classes
Background:
Abilities:

If any problems should arise, please PM me. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Name: Vice
Appearance: Short, yet messy black hair. Has a scar under his right eye and wears a brown bandana around his forehead. He has brown boots, and green shirt and pants. His sheath is made of leather and he carries his faithful, yet old sword over his back. He stands approximately 6'2.
Items: A large steel sword
Species: Human
Class: Mercenary
Personality: He has a very laid back attitude. Loyal to his fellow mercenaries, he has never left a man behind and always puts others before himself. His true power is only shown when he or one of his parterns are in harms way.
Background: A veteran to the Great War, he now resides in his guild with his fellow soldiers for hire. Nobody quite knows where Vice came from, just that he founded this loyal group mercenaries. To his disdain, there still aren't many. While completing various jobs, he has been on the search for more to come and join this band of outcasts.
Abilities: None

Name: Nero
Appearance: He wears a red torn robe which has been ruined with markings and has bright green eyes. He constantly has to brush his long dark hair from his face. He doesn't stand very tall, but makes up for it with his skill of magic. In his belt he has only one tomes. That of fire.
Items: Tome of Fire
Class: Mage
Personality: He can be timid at first, but opens up after a bit. Most reffer to him as the coward of the group. Vice says that he just hasn't had his time to bloom yet. Nero is mostly pushed around by Jakub for his low self esteem.
Background: Drafted into the war at hand, he is the newest addition to the Reino Mercenaries. With his help, they'd escaped the clutches of the Spiran army a number of times. He now works as the tactical advisor and covers Vice during every battle.
Abilities: Can combine two elemental magic to create a new one (i.e. water + air = ice)

Name: Jakub
Appearance: He has short red hair and slanted eyes. For this, the group knows him as "Snake Eye". He stands about average height for his age, and wears black pants with a dark blue shirt. His large silver bow is strapped around his back for easy access.
Items: A large silver bow
Class: Sniper
Personality: A cold and bitter person; He pushes Nero around because he feels that if Nero cannot stand up for himself, he deserves it. His temper is not one to be rivalled. If crossed, he is not satisfied until the opposer has paid their price.
Background: He is often reffered to as "The Hot-Head". Although, most who call him that never live to mention another thing about him. He has grown up alone and scared. Knowing nothing of the world except what he saw. When Jakub was very young, he joined the nation's military and soon found it to be something he'd regret. That's where he met Vice and once the war was over they came to found the Reino Mercenaries.
Abilities: Is able to do more damage to those bearing armor.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Last edited by Saint_Jimmy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Appearance: Pale blue eyes. Light blue body. Has dragon wings, but has yet to become skillful at flight. Has the body of a dragon, but still has the posture of a human.

Items: Small carved figure, amulet with dragon claw on it

Species: Dragonkin

Background: Either abandoned or abducted as an infant, Xaviar has only two trinkets from his few days with his family. Taken in by a human innkeeper, he wasn't able to learn how to fly due to a lack of Dragonkin family. He was, however, able to teach himself some basic dragon skills. When the revolts began, he began to read at the library to learn about the skills Dragonkin possessed so he could teach himself. He soon learned more advanced skills and began to search for a way he could contribute to the rebels. However, he mainly was joining them so he could travel and search for his parents and any other family.

Personality: Short tempered, but caring

Abilities: Can breathe ice in a beam or orbs, fly for short periods of time, and freeze water at will.

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You're in, just give me a "Personality" and "Age" and you're character's fine =D

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ok you're in...just need a few more people

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Appearance: She has white hair and brown eyes, and is around 5' 2" She is very light for her age. (Around 95lbs.) She normally wears an all black cloak to keep her unnatural hair color hidden.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/ ... 365335.jpg
Items:
Class: (Can you be more than one?) If no, I am an archer. If yes, I would be an archer/assasin.
Background: She is an orphan who was trained by the best once found years ago on the streets. She majors ion archery, but is extremely stealthy.
Personality: She is a strategist who knows a bit in medical aid. She is calculating and can seem cold, but is extremely loyal and considered a motherly figure to young children who know her. She remains anonymous so no one really knows who she is. She can be merciless to enemies who would slaughter the innocent, and can have rare times of smiling. (She hardly ever smiles.)
Abilities: She knows how the enemies minds' works and is very intelligent. She is good at hiding and is almost best in speed and agility.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

you're in, one more person ought to do it, if not then I guess we'll start up in a bit and recruit on the way

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Appearance: Slightly muscular and about the height he should be. Wild black hair yet short only to above his ears and deep red eyes. He wears a black cloak embroidered with different crests from the vampire world. This cloak, however does not have a hood. He also wears long black gloves, his cloak covers most of them though. His fangs are large and sharp. They come out from his top row of teeth. His wings are a dark purple and the spurs are blood red.

Personality: Cold and shy at first, but warms up once you get to know him. (Obviously) He likes nightime the most, and he feels stronger under the moonlight. He is weaker in sunlight but he does not die. He'll bite people he dosen't know or dosen't like. Though he refrains from drawing any blood.

Items: He carries a black dagger and some potions in his cloak pocket.

Species: Vampire

Class: None

Background: He was raised by his mother and father in a forest with continual nightime. He learned to hunt and stay away from non-vampires unless a critical situation. Vampires like his family never new most humans were afraid of their kind.

Abilities: He can fly and brew many potions.

^_^

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Okay boys, we got another mission. Seems like some folks are havin' some trouble in their forest. It doesn't sound too urgent so I can handle it alone if you'd like." Vice gave the others a knowing look. Nero The Shade and Jakub The Snake Eye. "Well...um...it's a forest so I probably shouldn't..." "Oh shut up you twit!" Jakub rose his hand and gave Nero a light smack in the head. "Don't be such a wuss. If a fire starts, we'll put it out." He turned to face Vice. "If you think you can handle it, go ahead. I ain't stoppin' ya. Hahaha." He picked up one of their celebratory chicken legs and took a large bite out of it. "Okay, but Jakub." "Yeah?" He answered with a stuffed mouth. "THe kidd better be in one piece when I get back." "Fine, fine." The two chuckled lightly as Vice swung his sword over his shoulder and slammed the door to their small house. As he walked, he dragged his sword behind him to create a path.

After talking to the old couple that was in need, Vice souly made his way back into the so-called "dangerous" forest. "Please...this is nothing compared to Bael's Cavern. Now that was an adventure." He laughed at his thoguhts and wandered deeper into the woods, on the watch for anything suspicious.

((By the way, Bael = Giant Spider))

Last edited by Saint_Jimmy on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I walked out of the library. I couldn't find any books about Dragonkin, so I figured I'd work on flight. I spread my wings apart and took to the sky. I maneuvered my wings about to keep myself in the air, but saw I was heading at he ground. I struggled to get back up, and felt the grass brush against my foot as I returned into the air. But my wings were getting tired. I slowly descended, landing lightly on the ground. Then I remembered something I noticed. I flew again and examined it. A cave? I flew in its direction to discover it was a cave. I returned to the inn to report this to my "father".

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Appearance: 5'8 , slim, semi-built, wears a pure silver cloak with black embroidery, numerous scars are scattered across both face and torso.

Items: Wo Dao, Iron Blade, Concoction(s)

Class: Swordmaster

Background: One of the youngest to be risen to swordmaster, he has shown great skill throughout training, and proved himself on the battle field on many occasions. He resembles Shirn and Tiram, but does not claim any family connection to them.

Extended BackGround : At an early age, he was taken to be trained in the art of war to serve in Daein's military, experimenting with all weopons, it was discovered his best skills resided in blades. For years he spent his time practicing either solo, or against peers..By the age of 15 he had managed to best experienced Captains in sparring matches. The Mad King heard of his great skills and orderered him to be brought to his arena, where he pit men against each other the death, normally prisoners, but paranoia was the calling to force Rezzira to the Arena. Yet against The Mad King's hope, Rezzira survived time and time again, The Mad King felt Rezzira to be a great threat to his army and was never sure of his loyalty, so he sent one of the Daein Riders, his elite soldiers to fight him, again, though severely injured and near death, the Rider was forced to retreat, the wounded Rezzira stumbled to a tree where he was found by Tiram, and carried to safety... It was days later that the Mad King, infuriated by the news of Rezzira's survival ordered his top soldier, and right hand man to enforce Rezzira's death. The Black Knight as commanded sought out Rezzira, the two went blade against blade for several hours until Rezzira on the verge of death, collapsed from both wounding and exhaustion, yet in his surprise the Black Knight sheathed his blade and walked away, saying in no manner would he kill such a skilled soldier, on the condition that Rezzira would leave Daein and not return. Months later he worked his way to a small town and heard rumors of an uprising mercenary band intent to bring an end to Daein's Tyranny and its assaults on the land, he followed the rumors and found his way to meeting Vice.

Abilities: Adept, Vantage, Astra

Name(s) Shirn and Tiram
Appearance: Shirn, Black Cloak, hood covering dark eyes, short (bout 5'0) Tiram, Very tall (6'3), muscular soldier, normally in full generals plate. scars scattered all across his body.

Ages - Shirn - 20, Tiram 25

Items Shirn: Flux Tome, Daggers, Apocalypse Tome, Nosferatu Tome, concotions, and a small pendent.
Tiram : Two Silver Blades, Concoctions, one Silver Axe strapped to his back

Species: Both human

Class: Dark Druid = Shirn, General = Tiram

Background: Shirn: Since youth he always lacked the strength of the direct military of Daein though he was highly adept in the art of Dark Magic, in his spare time he would practice the most basic skills, where he lived, the monsters reigned constantly, before his fathers death, he was handed a pendent, with that he can comunicate with the creatures. He has also spent many months studying Feral Ones (mutated Laguz, short life span, extremly powerful, always beast form) Risen to serve the King he dedicates his time, powers, and knowledge to the Daein Throne.

Tiram: Always larger and more powerful then most around him growing up, he was recomended to become a Knight under King Ashnard, by the age of 12 he enlisted, after six years of constant training, the Black Knight took Tiram under his wing, the next years were spent perfecting the art of combat to serve the King himself, devoting himself to upholding the Will of Ashnard.

Extra: Although denied by all three, it has been said that Rezzira is related to both Shirn and Tiram.

Abilites Shirn: Speak with creatures, master of dark magic.
Tiram: His exceptional vitality allows him to sustain himself, due to constant training with the Black Knight he has become a highly experienced fighter and is a match for several opponents simultaneously.

((I'll be adding more when i get time))((Sorry bout the lengh of that...)

Last edited by Lyon_Pelleas on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
I smiled and whistled as I walked out of my mentor's house, turning around to lock the door with one hand as the other held some supplies. I didn't always come here, but I needed to get something of mine. Looking around, I put up my black hood to hide my hair and face, and took off.
I watched the streets from the corners of my eyes to make sure that I was alone, and continued to dodge alleys with people in them. I saw a ladder leading to the roof of a building, went up it, and jumped from roof to roof until I met one with no windows. I jumped down and landed neatly, took a homemade arrow from my arrow pack that was on my hip(under my cloak), and stuck it to the door with a pack of money inside. I wrote on it: To the Orphanage.
Whistling, I continued until I was out of the city and in the hills. I sat down on a rock to relax a while before continuing, when I saw a Dragonkin almost land a few yards from where I was hiding in the shadows on a rock, and fly up. I watched it, relaxed. I loved watching dragons. I saw it focus on something and fly towards it, and followed it from curiosity. I saw a cave, and even after the Dragonkin left, I walked into it. I calmed my breathing once a few yards inside of it, and listened to my own footsteps until they became inaudible, and continued inside.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While wandering the forest, Vice came across a small cave. He thought nothing of it until he heard feint footsteps. "Hey. Hey! Anyone in there?" He held his lantern out so that he could see more clearly. "Hello?" He again heard the footsteps and ventured into the cave. "I really could use Nero right now. His fire would be pretty handy."

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I froze as I heard a voice and chose not to answer it, instead pulling out a dagger that I kept in a pocket to defend myself with, and I sat down on a rock, covering myself with my blanket until I only heard the owner of the voice's footsteps and my heart beating in my ears.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Dammit...I can't beleive i was foolish enought o come out here on my own." He slowly drew his sword and froze, taking in everything around him. "Where are you? Are you what's been bothering those old folks? Come out!" He thought he could detect a bit of movement and threw his sword which hit a small lizard, cutting it in half. "Well...at least I've got dinner. He gathered a bundle of stciks together from the forest outside and made a fire using his lantern flame. He rotated the lizard, cooking it nicely before having his well deserved dinner. "Ahh! Fit for a king. Hahaha."

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Before entering the inn, I decided to go back to the cave and investigate on my own. He'd probably not let me go back to it. I flew up again, hoping I would make it to the cave I thankfully landed next to it, and began to walk into it, moving quietly. I heard a voice, and ducked to avoid being seen. I crawled to the edge of the cave before proceeding. But as I passed the source of the noise, I noticed a figure. I had naturally good eyesight, and even with the small amount of light I could tell there was something there. I charged a ball of ice in my hand, reflecting light at the being. It seemed to be a person, either Human or Vampire based on its figure and the fact that they were wearing shoes that a Werewolf or a Dragonkin could never wear. I spoke softly.
"Don't worry. I'm not going to attack you if you don't attack me." I said, making sure I didn't seem threatening to the person.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I turned to the Dragonkin, nodded silently, and put a finger to my lips in a shhing motion. I then placed the dagger on my lap and turned back to the noise, patting the rock area next to me for the Dragonkin to sit on.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Vice sighed in boredom. "You can both come out now. I've had quite enough of your sneaking around." He took the twig from his mouth that he was using as a tooth pick and tossed it to the ground. He glanced up to see the reflection. "What are you? You're steps are much too heavy to be human." He stood up and unsheathed his sword for the possibility of an ambush.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I went over next to her, ready to scare off the other creature in the cave, whatever it turned out to be. I considered shining a light at it with my ice, but reconsidered. I got ready to fire one should the attacker be aggressive.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I put a hand over the flame that my company had in his hand. Most opponents thought I was a guy since I always hid in the cloak and they never could see my figure unless at daytime when I fought them at night mostly, so all I had to do was not talk and I would be considered male. However, I decided to risk this. "Put the flame out. We don't want to be seen." I whispered quietly, and handed him a different dagger. "Try heating this up as a weapon." I said again in a whisper, and turned back towards the owner of the voice.

((Jimmy, just to let you know, if you actually can hear me whisper, it should sound likethe wind. You can identify it as talking, but you shouldn't be able to know what I'm saying or what my gender is. Thanks. :)))

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"I don't have any fire. Only ice. But ok, I'll put it out." I said "I'm not good with weapons. I'll stick with my ice attacks."

((I'm going to bed now. I might be able to post tomorrow morning, then another after school before I start homework.))

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I turned and slowly stood up, still not making any noise. I waited as the man/opponent came closer. Thankfully, I was extremely patient. I turned to the Dragonkin. "He already knows we're here. I guess we should go up to him." Unknown to all, however, I was smiling. I decided on what I would do, and adjusted my cloak so that I really did appear as a male.
I walked over to the man and sat down on the other side of the fire, dug around in my pack and drew out a piece of fruit. I used the dagger on my lap to cut a piece off, ate it, and gave the rest to the man across from me. At that time, I knew from his face that he couldn't see my face.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Vice saw an odd looking man sit across the fire from him. He asked his name but the only response he'd gotten was a kind gesture of fruit. As he ate the fruit he couldn't help but stare in curiousity. "Excuse me. Who exactly are you...and where's the other one?" He kept his sword next to him incase the man tried to ambush him.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I only smiled at his questions, though he couldn't see it. I took the dagger and wrote in the ground: "He isn't dangerous. He is simply shy. You can call me anything you want to call me." I really didn't know if the Dragonkin was shy, but I had to prove that he wasn't going head over heels to kill this man. I then wrote: "You?"

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next