It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Bill's House - Buy EXTRA Evolution Stones?????? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey im new to the forums but they sound cool.

Anyway cutting to the chase I got confused about the psypoke guide for G/S/C. Basically on the item list it says that you can purchase the 4 key evolution stones LEAF, FIRE, THUNDER and WATER from BILL'S HOUSE???

OK well I decided to check out Bill's House to see if i can get any extra stones, because so far I've only got one of each, and those are from the 4 people who tell you they found something and want to give it you, and I assumed those were the ONLY stones u cud get in G/S/C.

I went to Bill's House in Gold and Silver and all I got was Bill telling me this:

"I used to experiment with a teleporter. I ought to do a follow up."

And for Crystal:

"My pop, he won't work. All he does is goof off all day long. He's getting to be a real headache..."

Can ANYBODY help me out here? Coz i KNOW that u can get infinitely many stones in R/B/Y but its no good if you have pkmn in G/S/C that only evolve with stones that have techniques which ARENT COMPATIBLE with R/B/Y HENCE u cant trade them back to evolve them!!!

PLEASE HELP ME :D :D :D

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:40 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I think you misunderstood the item list. Sure, the stones have a price, but they cannot be bought. Instead, they wil be given to you when you show certain Pokemon to Bill's grandfather.

Additional stones can be obtained in Pokemon Crystal from certain trainers whose phone numbers have been recorded by you.

For more info, refer to the GSC FAQs here: http://psypokes.com/gsc/faqs.php

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well ive shown his grandfather all the pokemon coz i used that part of the FAQ to help me, coz i couldn't figure out some of the pokemon he was asking for LOL.

So does this mean you can ONLY get a MAXIMUM of ONE of each stone per version in the metallic series?

And yes i was very confused by the combo of the items list and the guide, because in the GUIDE Bill's House is referred to specifcally as the one in GOLDENROD CITY, and it is where you initially obtain his telephone number. YET in the ITEM LIST it says u go to BILLS HOUSE to get the stones and as well as the fact they have a PRICE next to them i assumed you could purchase them from BILL at his house in goldenrod...

The Item list should say Bill's House (From R/B/Y - NOT GOLDENROD) AND there shouldn't even be a price next to them, because they can't be bought in G/S/C by the sounds of it then :(

Thanks for replying though

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:19 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Additionally, you can only get each stone from the old man once. Others must be obtained by Mystery Gift. Or, just trade your Pokemon to a Kanto game (where you can purchase the stones) and evolve them that way...which is what I did.

You have to show him Lickitung for an Everstone, Staryu for a Water Stone, Oddish for a Leaf Stone, Pichu (yes, Pichu, this took me forever) for a Thunderstone, and I think either Growlithe or Vulpix for a Firestone. (I forgot which.)

Moon Stones, fortunately, are much easier. Go to the top of Mount Moon on Monday night, and bring a Pokemon with Rock Smash. You'll see Clefairy dance and run off. Smash the rock with Rock Smash and immediately after smashing, press A to reveal a hidden Moon Stone.

For Sun Stones just take first prize in the Bug-Catching Contest. Pinsirs are practical shoe-ins.
(Yeah I know it wasn't exactly part of your question, but in case you ask about those...)

- DNA

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ok cool. yeh i knew bout the sun stones and moon stones.

but the point i was making was say if u have a pikachu with ZAP CANNON, and a staryu with WHIRLPOOL and a gloom with GIGA DRAIN, then u wont be able to trade them back to red blue and yellow, since they have moves that didnt exist in those games.

I think 3 of each stone should be enough tho hopefully... ive just gotta plan out which stone to use on which pkmn and in which version lol. so u cud get say either 2 raichus and 1 jolteon or 1 raichu and 2 jolteons, 1 vaporeon 1 cloyster and 1 starmie, 1 arcanine 1 ninetales and 1 flareon, 1 vileplume 1 victreebel and have i missed another... grr cant think haha...

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:27 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If I haven't forgotten, you'll need a total of 4 Waterstones, 3 Firestones, 3 Leafstones, 2 Thunderstones, 2 Sun Stones, and 4 Moon Stones if you want one of each.

The stone evos are:

Poliwrath, Cloyster, Starmie,
Growlithe, Vulpix,
Exeggutor, Vileplume, Victreebel,
Raichu,
the three Eeveelutions,
Sunflora, Bellossom,
Clefable, Wigglytuff, Nidorino, and Nidorina.

And yes, you'd have to evolve your Pikachu in an older game first if you wanted Zap Cannon and didn't have a spare stone.

- DNA

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

oooo yeh! theres 4 possible water pokemon from stones
poliwrath, cloyster, starmie AND vaporeon, but only 3 stones!!!

i have a plan!

since STARMIE only learns Confuse Ray, i'll keep staryu up until like L37 when he learns MINIMISE and have his move set as
PSYCHIC
SURF
RECOVER
MINIMISE

and those were all invented in R/B/Y so i can trade him back and evolve him on there :D YAY!

or i cud trade him over at L36, evolve him, trade him back, and get starmine to learn Confuse Ray instead of Minimise. Tactically theyre both pretty awesome, coz the enemy will have a chance of hitting theirselves with confuse ray or have a chance of completely missing with my minimise, and if i do get hit, i just recover :) and keep combining one of those with my offensive attacks :)

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

You don't always need to catch the Pokemon in GSC and send it back to RBY to evolve it. You can catch it in RBY, evolve it, and trade it over to GSC.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:39 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

for eevee i think this is the best option:

breed the eevee u receive in G/S/C to get another eevee (L5), then if u want a jolteon/vaporeon/flareon, simply trade the L5 eevee to R/B/Y, evolve it, and then trade it back, so it learns all the better moves in G/S/C ;)

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

yeh i spose thats another option.

for eevee i think this is the best option:

breed the eevee u receive in G/S/C to get another eevee (L5), then if u want a jolteon/vaporeon/flareon, simply trade the L5 eevee to R/B/Y, evolve it, and then trade it back, so it learns all the better moves in G/S/C ;)

ok... that is sort of confusing :)

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20710 <---come to my shop for TC's (i'm now hiring!!)

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:36 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

As a result of only one of each stone per game (pretty much), its easier to breed eevee, then send it through the time machine to stone it.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:18 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

As a result of only one of each stone per game (pretty much), its easier to breed eevee, then send it through the time machine to stone it.

I've done that with just about all my Pokemon. (Or at least the ones I didn't get stones originally for.) Don't stress over it; it's not that big of a deal. Just trade, evolve, and trade back.

- DNA

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:11 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20710 <---come to my shop for TC's (i'm now hiring!!)

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Of Course U Could Just Take The Easy Way Out And Clone All Your Stones :?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:35 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

intresting idea.... :D

lol what Peanut-Lover DNA said is exactly what i said on 9th december. u breed eevee to get more eevee. then trade those to older versions. evolve. then trade back, LOL

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

and im sorry if ur offended but are all u guys americans by any chance??? lol. i dnt see why you couldn't understand what i wrote on 9th december lol!

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:46 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

and im sorry if ur offended but are all u guys americans by any chance??? lol. i dnt see why you couldn't understand what i wrote on 9th december lol!

1) Use the edit button.
2) We did understand you.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Of Course U Could Just Take The Easy Way Out And Clone All Your Stones :?

It would also be easier to clone your eevees, as you have to get the eggs and hatch them (which takes over 6000 steps) 4 times.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

There is another way to acquire evolution stones in Crystal. If you put certain people on your phone list, they might call you once in a while to give you an item they found. Sometimes that item may be a stone.

The ones I know of are:
Dana Lass on Route 38 Thunderstone
Gina Picnicker on Route 34 Leafstone
Alan Schoolboy on Route 36 Firestone
Tully Fisher Route 42 Waterstone
Wilton Fisher Route 44 Waterstone (Supposedly. Although he only seems to call me to give me pokeballs. Maybe he just doesn't like me. :P )

(I didn't Necro this thread, did I? I hope not, I just wanted to let the guy/girl/person/random-bits-of-data know this little tip I picked up.) The thread was still on the first page, so I hope it is not considered Necroing.)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I believe it's considered bumping if it hasn't been posted in for 2 weeks - page count means nothing. (Which means now it's been bumped twice.)
And Wilton hasn't been known to do anything special really. For all that could be known he's just random filler.
But yeah, that is an easier (and for sure, less stressful) way to obtain those stones. Another Crystal version perk.

- DNA

Edit: Okay, I see...

Last edited by DNA on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Actually, necromancy has nothing to do with page count. Posting after two weeks since the previous post isn't really bumping either. Necromancy is the revival of threads which have not been posted in a long time, say, a month, and yet not contributing any significant content to the thread. Bumping is to post something which doesn't contribute to the thread, but merely pushes the thread up to the top of the forum page. A topic can be bumped regardless of the time of the previous post. Both are against the rules, but bumping may be allowed in certain circumstances.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well i did contribute to the content of the thread, so I assume that that means it wasn't necessarially necromancy?
Also, when I said first page, I meant first page of the forum, not first page of the thread. My apologies for not being more clear.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

A topic can be on the second page of the forum, and yet it was last posted in only a few days ago. Take the popular Sinnoh forum, for instance ;)

And yes, you did contribute, so that wasn't necromancy.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp is right.

Sun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

As I have replied to your post in another thread before, Cactuar, merely agreeing with another person is spam, for you are not adding anything to the topic.

Anyway I think the question has been answered adequately. If anyone has any further queries, please approach a moderator.

Fri May 30, 2008 8:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]