Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Help I can't reach Celebi and Jirachi in Mystery Dungeon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:(

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Would you care to put your question in your post instead of your topic, or in the Questions Thread, or better yet, both?
Celebi is at the end of Purity Forest. Jirachi is at the end of Wish Cave.
- DNA

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you need rescue, place your rescue request in the Mystery Dungeon Rescue Center. Purity Forest & Wish Cave are very tough places to get through, though.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First of all, since Purity Forest & Wish Cave are dungeons that reduce your Level to 1, I suggest a strong Pokémon to go in, such as Alakazam (in Mystery Dungeon, Alakazam's stats are at Level 1:
HP: 80
Attack: 35
Defense: 40
Special Attack: 35
Special Defense: 40)

Next, if you are going into Purity Forest, DEPOSIT ALL OF YOUR ITEMS IN KANGASKHAN STORAGE. If you are going to Wish Cave, I suggest you bring a Tight Belt or Pass Scarf to hold, bring lots of Reviver Seeds & don't forget to bring the access key to Wish Cave (Surf HM).

For Purity Forest, try to avoid battles (don't try them, even if you want to recruit one from there, because they never join your team in Purity Forest unless the Pokémon is Celebi, which doesn't need a battle). If you get into a Monster House, run away or use Teleport (I recommend Teleport). If Teleport runs out of PP, don't worry. You should have found a Max Elixir while traveling through.

For Wish Cave, do the same, except Wish Cave is easier than Purity Forest.

If you prepared yourself, you should do fine :wink: .
The link to the rescue center is here:
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10850

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

For Purity Forest, Alakazam is a must. Teach him every TM you find, and never erase Teleport - it can be a lifesaver in monster houses.
For Wish Cave, I used a Frustration trick. I brought 4 Frustration TMs, a Link Box, and brought Lombre and Kyogre. Beforehand I taught Lombre Surf, which would free up one space in my inventory. Due to Lombre's ability, when Kyogre is near he will attack twice in the same turn, and only waste 1 PP. Frustration automatically does 45 damage once, and most creatures in the dungeon have less than 90 HP.

Lombre's Item was a Tight Belt, so I neglected Apples the whole way down practically. At B99F, use the Link Box and link all 4 Frustrations together. Using them coupled with Swift Swim makes 45*8=360 damage. That KOs Jirachi in ONE shot.
After that, just recruit it. Wish Stone is not worth it.

Additionally, Lombre levels up very fast (50 exp just to lvl 2). I'm not sure about Ludicolo though.
As for Kyogre just teach it every TM you can find. Leave Lombre's moves alone.
After you exit, just go to Tiny Woods and bring a bunch of used TMs. Use Recycle and all TMs will be restored.
If you die in Wish Cave (and that is a distinct possibility), I've made a formula to get yourself rescued - almost like a Wondermail Generator. (I think it's on page 4 or 5 of the Rescue Center sticky.)
It's 100% guaranteed to work if you do it right. I've used it dozens of times for Wish Cave and Purity Forest, and it's worked without a hitch.

- DNA

Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since you guys are talking about level 1 dungeons...
would it be alright if I ask for a suggestion team of Joyous Tower?
There are still herds of pokemon that I have not recruited in there....

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How about this?

Alakazam
Moves:
Frustration
Frustration
Teleport
(any good move)

Link the two Frustration moves with a Link Box. Teleport from unwanted foes and Monster Houses.

Joyous Tower contains so many rare Pokémon inside.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kacho wrote:

How about this?

Alakazam
Moves:
Frustration
Frustration
Teleport
(any good move)

Link the two Frustration moves with a Link Box. Teleport from unwanted foes and Monster Houses.

sadly Frustration is not as common as Bullet Seed (I have like 18 of them...)

I don't remember Link box being common in Joyous Tower...
but I guess I get it from early dungeons like Mt. Steel.

thanks, Hyperbole!

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hyperbole wrote:
Kacho wrote:

How about this?

Alakazam
Moves:
Frustration
Frustration
Teleport
(any good move)

thanks, Hyperbole!

I'll post Wonder Mails for Frustration TM.

Code:

??1N 9QT? ?R?1
3M?N 6476 F??W

??1N 9K+? ?R6!
SM?N 6?76 F??W

Those are the Wonder Mail codes. They are in Tiny Woods. The reward is Frustration. Also, you should raise a Mr. Mime to Lv. 33 and it can learn Recycle so you can re-use the TMs.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kacho wrote:
Hyperbole wrote:
Kacho wrote:

How about this?

Alakazam
Moves:
Frustration
Frustration
Teleport
(any good move)

thanks, Hyperbole!

Code:

??1N 9QT? ?R?1
3M?N 6476 F??W

??1N 9K+? ?R6!
SM?N 6?76 F??W

Those are the Wonder Mail codes. They are in Tiny Woods. The reward is Frustration. Also, you should raise a Mr. Mime to Lv. 33 and it can learn Recycle so you can re-use the TMs.

I already have a level. 33 Mr. Mime...

One more question about linking...
How exactly does linking work? Most of the time when I "link" a move, it seems to only link the moves from top to bottom...
and every time I link moves, I always get results and linked moves that I DON'T want...

take my Meganium for example, the moves are like this in order?:
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Body Slam
Safeguard

Everytime I try to link I only get Razor Leaf + Synthesis and Body Slam + Safeguard.....

of all the things in PMD, linking is the hardest thing I don't understand... (for now)

thanks again for the answer and wondermail for Frustration

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hyperbole wrote:
Kacho wrote:
Hyperbole wrote:
Kacho wrote:

How about this?

Alakazam
Moves:
Frustration
Frustration
Teleport
(any good move)

thanks, Hyperbole!

Code:

??1N 9QT? ?R?1
3M?N 6476 F??W

??1N 9K+? ?R6!
SM?N 6?76 F??W

I already have a level. 33 Mr. Mime...

One more question about linking...
How exactly does linking work? Most of the time when I "link" a move, it seems to only link the moves from top to bottom...
and every time I link moves, I always get results and linked moves that I DON'T want...

take my Meganium for example, the moves are like this in order?:
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Body Slam
Safeguard

Everytime I try to link I only get Razor Leaf + Synthesis and Body Slam + Safeguard.....

of all the things in PMD, linking is the hardest thing I don't understand... (for now)

thanks again for the answer and wondermail for Frustration

You can switch the moves around. Linking only links the two next to each other. To switch, I think you have to press the "Select" button.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For Purity Forest, Alakazam is a must. Teach him every TM you find, and never erase Teleport - it can be a lifesaver in monster houses.
For Wish Cave, I used a Frustration trick. I brought 4 Frustration TMs, a Link Box, and brought Lombre and Kyogre. Beforehand I taught Lombre Surf, which would free up one space in my inventory. Due to Lombre's ability, when Kyogre is near he will attack twice in the same turn, and only waste 1 PP. Frustration automatically does 45 damage once, and most creatures in the dungeon have less than 90 HP.

Lombre's Item was a Tight Belt, so I neglected Apples the whole way down practically. At B99F, use the Link Box and link all 4 Frustrations together. Using them coupled with Swift Swim makes 45*8=360 damage. That KOs Jirachi in ONE shot.
After that, just recruit it. Wish Stone is not worth it.

Additionally, Lombre levels up very fast (50 exp just to lvl 2). I'm not sure about Ludicolo though.
As for Kyogre just teach it every TM you can find. Leave Lombre's moves alone.
After you exit, just go to Tiny Woods and bring a bunch of used TMs. Use Recycle and all TMs will be restored.
If you die in Wish Cave (and that is a distinct possibility), I've made a formula to get yourself rescued - almost like a Wondermail Generator. (I think it's on page 4 or 5 of the Rescue Center sticky.)
It's 100% guaranteed to work if you do it right. I've used it dozens of times for Wish Cave and Purity Forest, and it's worked without a hitch.

- DNA

haha, nice to see people are still using my trick :) this makes the level 1 dungeons (except purity forest) so easy you would have to really try not to succeed! this is THE way to do these dungeons. not the only way, but as far as i know the only way that will work 90% of the time....

EDIT: i dont claim responsibility for discovering that frustration deals a fixed 45 damage (on minimum IQ), but it was my idea to link them together and also make use of drizzle and swift swim. i originally used kingdra as my swift swimmer, but other people figured out that ludicolo with swift swim + rain dish is even better. but kingdra levels up very quickly so thats also a plus, for the odd situation where you might need to survive an attack or two.

as for purity forest, i got through that in one go (before we discovered wondermail generator programs) using various ideas from other people. the trick which made it possible to almost always get to around level 80 or so was to use alakazam, mainly for his defensive capabilities (at level 1 his stats are basically the best of all pokemon) and his telep[ort move which can be used to avoid battles. the trick is to search the first 20 or so levels very thouroughly, picking up anything useful - orbs and seeds are very handy, as are max elixers, and if you find a revive youre very lucky!! but the most useful item is a warp scarf. when you put it on, just hold down the B button which passes time, and you will keep warping to different rooms in the dungeons. the advantage of this is you never warp to a trap square, and you will find the stairs sooner or later without having to wander through corridors, risking bumping into monsters. if you find yourself in a monster house, you just use teleport (or a warp seed if you found one). i think the time i recruited celebi i also found x-ray specs (which were great for scouting) and a trap scarf, which meant that as soon as i warped to the stairs room i could check for enemies in nearby rooms with the specs, and then put on the trap scarf to walk over to the stairs without the fear of standing on a trap. its all about luck in finding the right items, and you will probably have to try this several times until you can get it to work. the other option is to use the wondermail/A-OK generators to just keep getting yourself out of trouble. but if you dont have a reliable method (like the warp scarf trick) then by the end stages you will probably need rescuing way too often, and besides its nice to get there by yourself.....

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, I see all of you want alakazam to battle in Lv.1 dungeons. Well I cant have an alakazam yet so I use a Kecleon. Since Alakazam is a final evolution pokemon I guess its needed exp. points to level up is way to high.I did experience that I use once a Charmeleon but he needed 300 exp. points to next level but imagine gaining it but your gains are only 11,12 or sometimes 9. But Kecleon's needed exp. points at Lv.1 is 10 it last at Lv.3 then 20 its fast learning ability last to Lv.12 (I think because foe's change their it could have high exp.). when I'm in a monster house I move 1 step backward and battle so the style will be battling 1 by 1 (Foes can still see you). Dont worry about money I get a money of 10,000 ther so dont worry just dont buy too expensive items.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You have a kecleon, but you dont have an alakazam?

You do know how to get one right? I you have a kadabra, just offer a link cable as an evolution item.

If you need rescuing, PM me, I do it for free!

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ah... you see my style is I have to recruit 3 Abras making 1 will be an Abra then the 2 will be Kadabra and 1 will be an Alakazam. But I have 2 recruited Abras I let one evolve.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My new teams there:

Purity Forest is {kecleon} training it at Lv.20 or above

Wish Cave:

Team: {charizard} {kecleon} {celebi}

recruiting Jirachi-bring only friend bow and Surf
Wishing-Wish stone and surf.

Try to avoid too much items to bring
because for me its easier if Purity Forest only for me because of no quicksaving in Purity forest.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]