It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Psypoke Stories 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Are at the moment very bad. Would someone with an original idea please, for the love of Evita, post it.

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Psyches wrote:
Are at the moment very bad. Would someone with an original idea please, for the love of Evita, post it.

I'll post mine sooner or later. :P

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Psyches wrote:

How about you post an original idea for a story? It would help to alleviate the problem.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Last edited by Valentine on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
I have an original story, I'm posting it. If it's so terrible then please will someone, anyone, tell me why :mad: .

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
Psyches wrote:

How about you post an original idea for a story? It would help to alleviate the problem.

The fact that all the stories I've posted have proven to be popular and well critiqued is proof enough that I don't have to do anything about the lack of talent in this forum. I've provided entertainment and talent for long enough.

Someone else needs to step up. I'm sick of there only being two or three good stories at a time.

If there are only a handful of people regularly posting good stories and there are thousands of stupid idiots posting absolute trash then maybe this forum just doesn't justifyably need to exist.

If things don't pick up I'll eventually stop coming here, and others will eventually follow. As it is I rarely come to psypokes now because I offended amoderator with a reasonable debate and a perfectly justified remark and so they changed my avatar.

Besides the sh!t staff, this site has few talented members. I'm disgusted.

Don't tell me to post a good stor,y I already have.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Psyches, we're quite aware of how you feel about the staff; you remind us nearly everytime you post. Let's move on shall we?

You write for a living. The rest of us are in school. You're an adult. We're kids. Do you see the obvious difference? You have years more experience than some, and probably most, of the users who frequent the Library. Some of the users are very young and have never written for pleasure before. So, they are undoubtedly going to write worse, in some way shape or form, than you. I think you forget that this is not a writing site filled with adults who've been writing for years and years.

If you're so "disgusted" by the lack of "talent," or inexperience as I call it, then do something about it. Don't complain, actually do something. I will tell you what I've told you before, not that you've ever listened. This forum used to be worse. Between the two of us, I've dealt with the others more. You, if we're to be honest, post your story and complain about the rest of us and how we're not talented. My point, Psyches, is not to insult you so don't get offended because that's what you do. You could post on other people's stories, give them the much needed advice. That would be more productive than this.

You'll leave if things don't pick up? At the moment, I can't say I'll miss you. I know I'm notorious for not updating regurally; I doubt anyone would argue that. Obsidian has just started a mini-sequel; AABM is still working on his story, and DNA is working on a new story. The majority of this forum are the un-talented users who've never written before. My apologies that they don't suit your tastes. If others follow, so be it. I'm only a girl, not a miracle worker.

If you want more good stories Psyches, then help make them. Help others improve so that way it's their story that becomes good and you haven't needed to write one of your own.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you think people purposely post bad stories? Most people don't. Help them improve. I have good reviews for my revised version of "The Elements" on YWS and FP, yet I have no comments. Nobody sees some good stories, so look at them. You might find some good stories are here.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:17 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Fanfiction.Net
Adult Fanfiction.Net
The Short Story
Short Fiction
Writing.Com
Buzzle.Com
Backhand Stories

Just posting some websites that are focused on story-writing. You'll probably find better material there than here, for obvious reasons.

I entirely agree with Crimson. Complaining doesn't help at all. And it's way easier for some of us to write, who are either naturally talented or do that for a living, than for others. Take it easy and help by reviewing, criticizing, stimulating, and contributing. Honestly, if you're not satisfied with the quality of some writers' materials, then just look for stories that will satisfy you somewhere else, or by a book, or whatever.

I've already mentioned before that members are more than free to start things and contribute. If you want people to write more, you're free to start a competition or anything like that: the sh!t staff are not the only privileged members of this community that are allowed to do that.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright then, I'll start offering advice and constructive criticism but don't call me a b!tch when I reduce some ten year old to tears.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alright then, I'll start offering advice and constructive criticism but don't call me a b!tch when I reduce some ten year old to tears.

I'm 15. n-n

:p

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I doubt that we'll consider you that so long as they really deserve it. Whether you're aware of it or not, I've "chased" a fair share of people out of the Library.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]