It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Does Deleting Save file, get rid of AR glitches? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I re-started my Firered version because I hoped it would get rid of all the glitches. Everything seems fine, but does re-starting clean it all up? If a Nintendo Event were to happen (though I know it never will) would they detect that the previous file had been subjected to a cheating device?

Sorry for the use of the Subjunctive mood so often...

Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 pm
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

No; the whole file would be completely wiped out, and so there would be no evidence that an AR or other cheating device was used in the past.
Therefore, if you restart a game and save, all the past modifications on the file should go away. (About Gamesharks, I honestly have no idea. Those just kill things.)

- DNA

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If you have any glitches from AR/Gameshark, they may carry through into a new file, although restarting usually fixes it.
Not sure if Nintendo can detect past AR/Gameshark usage, if you haven't used it on your current save file.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you have any glitches from AR/Gameshark, they may carry through into a new file, although restarting usually fixes it.
Not sure if Nintendo can detect past AR/Gameshark usage, if you haven't used it on your current save file.

I learned my lesson to not use cheating devices on the ones I actually play. After it raped my Firered version, I vowed when I restarted it to never do it again. I got sick of flipping over my Trainer card and seeing that I lose 55,555 times and won the exact same amount....

Since nothing has happened I don't think that any glitches managed to carry through. My berry bag is fixed and holds berries again. That was the main glitch that had occured...

Thank you.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:34 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lobsel-Vith wrote:

No 'coz you changed small values in the game file that stays no matter what !! I've glitched my Fire Red and then erased the memory but the thing is that there is still small problems in my game that buggs me so I never used AR again.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark Typhlosion wrote:
Lobsel-Vith wrote:

No 'coz you changed small values in the game file that stays no matter what !! I've glitched my Fire Red and then erased the memory but the thing is that there is still small problems in my game that buggs me so I never used AR again.

I'm sorry... What did you cheat you on? I simply used the "Low game time" and the "All Tms"... Doing so glitched my trainer card and berry bag, they're fixed now that I have restarted.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:06 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Usually restarting fixes things up, but I have heard of cases of the game continue to display glitches after restarting, so this isn't a foolproof method. It's best not to use cheating devices in the first place =/

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]