It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 South Park! 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
tennis8668 wrote:
Yay for SP! Its the best show ever :D I loved the new Guitar Queero episode :D


The ending's funny but it's depressing, lol. Also I prefer not to see Randy Marsh in his underwear. Excluding 'Imagination Land 2' and maybe 3, my favourite of Series 11 so far is 'The List'. I don't know why because I liked 'More Crap' and 'Le Petit Tourette' a lot too. Sigh, now I don't know because 'D-Yikes' was class but the boys weren't in it much as it centred more on Mrs Garrison and then there's 'Cartman Sucks' which is great and I feel for Butters - I'm proud of him, (as proud as you can be of an animated character, lol)... But yeah, 'The List' re-introduces the idea of Stan and Wendy and shows that he's willing to put his feelings aside to talk to her for his best friend; shows the issues of self-esteem even though they're young; Butters isn't punished for once; there's a brilliant ":O *Hahaha*" moment when you don't know which girl was shot and then you find out, and then of course there's Cartman's hilarity when he turns up at Kyle's window at night and starts shouting.

_________________
Mmkay.


Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
Xeeros wrote:
It's okay, but the episode where Butters is accused of being "bi-curious" is a little... um... discgusting.

CharmedJoey wrote:
I don’t see what was so disgusting about the episode in which Butters is accused of being bisexual

Exactly, I personally thought "Cartman Sucks" was pretty funny. But I suppose I like any episode with butters in it since he's my favorite character.

1102 wrote:
Sgt. Yates: So, you say you were robbed?
Cartman: Yes, a photograph and I know you took it. His name is Kyle Broflowski.
Sgt. Yates: If it's a photo, what's the big deal? Why don't you just print out another one?
Cartman: It's a big deal, OK? That picture is my properté, and I want it back!
Sgt. Yates: OK, what is the picture of?
Cartman: Why... why does that matter?
Sgt. Yates: Well, how're we gonna your picture unless we know what it is?
Cartman: All right, it's a picture of me...
Sgt. Yates: Yes...
Cartman: It's a picture of me... and what appears to be a *****... in my mouth.
Sgt. Yates: ...you were sucking somebody's *****?
Cartman: NO! NO! I WAS NOT! I was asleep, and this person just puts his ***** in my mouth without me knowing and took the picture.
Sgt. Yates: I see.
Cartman: Yes, now it may appear to be that I'm actually looking at the camera lens and smiling with the ***** in my mouth and giving a thumbs up, but I assure that I was fast asleep.

Counselor: Do you mind telling us why we found this 1979 Sears men's underwear catalog in your room?
Accountabilibuddy Bradley: That's... That's mine.
Counselor: You know this is strictly forbidden!
Butters: I don't understand. What's wrong with underwear?
Counselor: WHAT'S WRONG?! THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU CONFUSED! DON'T YOU GET IT?! THIS IS CONFUSING YOU RIGHT NOW, ISN'T IT?!
Butters: WE... YES, IT'S ALL VERY CONFUSING!
Counselor: This is just as much your fault, Butters. Bradley is your accountabilibuddy; that makes you accountabilibuddable!


With as funny as last season was, I think they could be around for a long time. "The List" was one of the funniest yet.


Last edited by DatVu on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:20 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
It's been a while since I've seen a episode of South Park. Last episode I saw butters(also one of my favorites DatVu)mom killed him because of troubles with her marriage. Great show can't believe there up to the 10th season.


Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
DatVu wrote:
Xeeros wrote:
It's okay, but the episode where Butters is accused of being "bi-curious" is a little... um... discgusting.

CharmedJoey wrote:
I don’t see what was so disgusting about the episode in which Butters is accused of being bisexual

Exactly, I personally thought "Cartman Sucks" was pretty funny. But I suppose I like any episode with butters in it since he's my favorite character.


He is brilliant although I don't know if, when it comes to Butters, I prefer 'Cartman Sucks' or 'Stupid Spoiled Wh*re Video Playset'. There are other great Butters moments too, like in 'Good Times With Weapons' but I think for me, the two I mentioned had the best Butters parts in them, (though I'm sure there are a couple of others I can't think of).
Oh, I meant bicurious, oops, but people who know the episode will know what I mean.

Latios wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen a episode of South Park. Last episode I saw butters(also one of my favorites DatVu)mom killed him because of troubles with her marriage. Great show can't believe there up to the 10th season.


Do you mean "Butters' Very Own Episode"? Where his mum tries to kill him because she found out about his dad going to the "Bath House", (for men), and lost her head for a while? If so, she didn't actually kill Butters. In South Park, I'm not sure anyone other than Kenny is killed who later comes back, (think of any, DatVu/anyone?).

Isn't South Park on its 11th season/series?

_________________
Mmkay.


Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Quote:
Do you mean "Butters' Very Own Episode"? Where his mum tries to kill him because she found out about his dad going to the "Bath House", (for men), and lost her head for a while? If so, she didn't actually kill Butters. In South Park, I'm not sure anyone other than Kenny is killed who later comes back, (think of any, DatVu/anyone?).

Isn't South Park on its 11th season/series?


Yeah I didn't know what the hell I was talking about it was like 12am when I posted that, but yeah butters got out of the car cause it hit a rock. So who did they find to replace Kenny? I know there was butters, then that Twitch guy, I haven't seen any of the new episodes so who?


Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
Latios wrote:
Quote:
Do you mean "Butters' Very Own Episode"? Where his mum tries to kill him because she found out about his dad going to the "Bath House", (for men), and lost her head for a while? If so, she didn't actually kill Butters. In South Park, I'm not sure anyone other than Kenny is killed who later comes back, (think of any, DatVu/anyone?).

Isn't South Park on its 11th season/series?


Yeah I didn't know what the hell I was talking about it was like 12am when I posted that, but yeah butters got out of the car cause it hit a rock. So who did they find to replace Kenny? I know there was butters, then that Twitch guy, I haven't seen any of the new episodes so who?


Lol. (Tweek.) Well, when Kenny was missing for a series, (because obviously he was dead), it was in series 6 - ages ago :P . You shoud catch up because there have been so many great episodes since. Actually, I think I love every episode of South Park, just some more than others. *Shrug*

To answer your question: The episode before the next series, Kenny comes back again. In one episode towards the end of series 6, the boys realize that they've won a candy shopping spree but that Kenny had their ticket. After being told by Kenny's parents that he was in the urn, (spelling?), they thought they'd been tricked because they didn't understand about cremation and then Cartman mistook Kenny's ashes as powder for a drink; drank them and Kenny's soul went into him so that Kenny shared his body.
In another episode, Kenny's soul went out of Cartman and into Chef's parents' Pot Roast, (lol).
Then right at the end of the last episode of series 6, (a Christmas special), Kenny walks on to the scene and I think it's Cartman that says "Oh, hey Kenny, where've you been?"; Kenny shrugs and says something muffled, and that's that. Lol.

_________________
Mmkay.


Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:30 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Yeah I've seen the episode were cartman drank kenny, I thought the episode when they were looking for the ticket was the episode were they tried to build a ladder to heaven, and japan tried to compete.

Also didn't chef eventually quit and was replaced by a robot, what season was that?


Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
Latios wrote:
Yeah I've seen the episode were cartman drank kenny, I thought the episode when they were looking for the ticket was the episode were they tried to build a ladder to heaven, and japan tried to compete.

Also didn't chef eventually quit and was replaced by a robot, what season was that?


No. Well, he quit, (randomly - I think they only mentioned it at the start of the episode in which he came back, unless it was an actual episode that isn't on the website I use), to travel but he joined the 'Super Adventure Club' and returned...'different'. The boys tried to 'fix' him but his new ways won him over and in the end he died, (I won't go into details if you don't remember in case it ruins the episode for you). The 'bad' crowd he'd fallen in with then made a robotic Chef like Darthvader from Star Wars but I've not seen the robot in it again.
I think this episode is the first in series 10 and it's called 'The Return of Chef!'

The episode in which Cartman drinks Kenny's ashes is indeed about the boys building a ladder to Heaven, (and Japan competing with the U.S.A), but it was so that they could find Kenny in Heaven and get the ticket for the shopping spree from him. (They're only boys after all, lol.) The main adults in South Park were, as always, stupid enough to let them carry on for a while even though they did believe that someone couldn't really get to Heaven by ladder. Later in the episode, they idiotically change their mind.

_________________
Mmkay.


Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:05 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
CharmedJoey wrote:
He is brilliant although I don't know if, when it comes to Butters, I prefer 'Cartman Sucks' or 'Stupid Spoiled Wh*re Video Playset'. There are other great Butters moments too, like in 'Good Times With Weapons' but I think for me, the two I mentioned had the best Butters parts in them, (though I'm sure there are a couple of others I can't think of).

"Good Times with Weapons" is better, but I feel really bad for Butters. :( I love it when he plays Professor Chaos, but my favorite is probably "AWESOM-O."

CharmedJoey wrote:
In South Park, I'm not sure anyone other than Kenny is killed who later comes back, (think of any, DatVu/anyone?)

Everyone who dies except Kenny never comes back, like Ms. Crabtree or Choksondik. Though, maybe citizens do since there must be no shortage, considering how many of them die. No one important does though.

On a side note, Isaac Hayes, the voice actor of Chef, quit because of "Trapped in the Closet." We won't see Chef again. "The Return of Chef!" is obviously recycled audio.


Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:32 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
DatVu wrote:
"Good Times with Weapons" is better, but I feel really bad for Butters. :( I love it when he plays Professor Chaos, but my favorite is probably "AWESOM-O."

Yep, I don't like it when he gets hurt but he's cute when he has the dog fur on and "woofs", lol. I don't know, I'm not too sure about him as Professor Chaos, if he stands up for himself or says/does anything out of character then I like to see him as himself, if you know what I mean. Like in 'Imagination Land 3' when it's Butters that 'saves' them and he says "Sh*t" at the end - I think it's great because we wouldn't expect Butters to play the hero and I don't think he swears that often.

DatVu wrote:
CharmedJoey wrote:
In South Park, I'm not sure anyone other than Kenny is killed who later comes back, (think of any, DatVu/anyone?)

Everyone who dies except Kenny never comes back, like Ms. Crabtree or Choksondik. Though, maybe citizens do since there must be no shortage, considering how many of them die. No one important does though.

I didn't think so, unless we count the character of Jesus but he doesn't die much compared to Kenny, lol.

DatVu wrote:
On a side note, Isaac Hayes, the voice actor of Chef, quit because of "Trapped in the Closet." We won't see Chef again. "The Return of Chef!" is obviously recycled audio.

Wow, do you know why he left because of this? I didn't hear about that, I thought they just killed off his character so I'm sorry Latios if when you said "didn't chef eventually quit...?", you meant Chef as in Isaac Hayes. 'The Return of Chef!' must have been well thought out. I did wonder why he sounds like a robot at points, lol, but in other parts he sounds 'normal'; cleverly funny as always.

_________________
Mmkay.


Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:39 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
Isaac Hayes wrote:
There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins. Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored. As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices.

I heard he was a Scientologist, but I don't know for sure. It would make more sense if he was, but it doesn't appeal much to his logic and activism if he is indeed a Scientologist. They've made fun of all religions, and he never decided to leave until this episode, and I don't think he made the announcement until it was aired, and Tom Cruise threw his fit. However, this particular episode makes fun of Scientology without making a positive appeal to its beliefs and followers, unlike "All about the Mormons?" In that respect, I feel the episode crosses the line a little, but I don't think Hayes' decision was made without some outside influence.


Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
Oh, that is strange, as, like you said, the show takes the mick out of a lot of things so he probably is a Scientologist. Maybe he had never actually watched the show before, lol.

Well, it *shows Mormons as really nice; friendly; calm people who are strong believers in their faith. I've never met a Mormon but I hope they don't actually follow the story that this South Park episode shows, it really doesn't do a lot to show their religion in a good light other than that*. Then again, they don't tend to show a lot of great sides to different issues, but, like in 'All about the Mormons', end on a good note.
As South Park has implied Jesus never existed anyway, it probably crosses the line for any people who believe in Him, but I'm sure most people take it in their stride if they enjoy the show.

_________________
Mmkay.


Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:44 am
Profile
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 2467
Location: London, UK
Post 
Ooh, I love South Park! Most lunchtimes, a bunch of us sit round my pal Alex's laptop and watch the show <s>that he illegally downloaded</s>. Since it takes the piss out of everyone that gets pissed easily, I like it. Also, I admit that I find the sometimes childish humour immensly satisfying. There's something oddly spiritual about sharing a laugh with friends while watching badly-drawn cartoon characters blowing each other's brains out.

Best moments: anything with Timmy in it, the episode with Kyle's cousin and A Canadian Christmas. Also, am I bad person for laughing hysterically at Cartman's concentration camp joke in the aforementioned episode? :P

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
goldenquagsire wrote:
Also, am I bad person for laughing hysterically at Cartman's concentration camp joke in the aforementioned episode? :P


I think I laughed at that too and then I was kinda like " :shock: " but they do cross the line sometimes. People shouldn't take it too personally because they take the mickey out of everyone/culture/thing they can think of so as long as you laugh at things to do with others, you shouldn't get too mad if they joke about your own culture, etc. So I hope Jewish people are not too offended by that reference.

Relating to this, Isaac Hayes really is a Scientologist but sadly couldn't take the humour when his own religion (?) was 'made fun of'. My Sociology class, (first years - *sigh*), were discussing how far the show 'Little Britain' has gone and I quietly said to my teacher, (there's no point in trying to talk over loud first years and my teacher was next to me at the time), that South Park went very far when it came to pushing people's boundaries over issues 'n' he replied "Oh, I know, Issac Hayes actually quit because he was a Scientologist."
So good logic there DatVu, lol.

I'd say the times when I've been slightly taken aback, (but not like "What a horrible show, I'm not watching anymore!"), were when we saw 'Princess Diana' in Hell and 'Jesus' in 'Imagination Land'.

_________________
Mmkay.


Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.