It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Naruto 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And saying "Naruto is awesome and it rocks" doesn't count. ;o

Mah bad... 8D

Anyway, it's just the story and most of it all. I mean at first, the plot is just awesome, but in Shippuden it kind of loses its thing. So that's one - the story is well-thought out and makes sense.

The character design is sooo appealing, too. Each character is unique in his/her own way (well, except for Sai, hehe). Not everyone wants to be Hokage, an avenger, or capture the heart of someone who you know hates you. Each character's personality is great too, whether lame or stupid, they all have a purpose and reason.

Naruto also has many themes, but it also has a great message - "Don't ever let your dream die." Another one would be that "Those who do not save their teammates are no better than trash", and these are all very good morals and valuable life lessons. This is perhaps the main reason why I was drawn into the show.

Also, they're ninjas! NINJAZ PWN. (haha, XDDDDD)

Sparrow wrote:
I want you all to explain why you like a show with ninjas in fluorescent orange suits and crappy voices, I can't comprehend why anyone would. I'm seriously confused.

Crappy voices in the English dub - very true.

Naruto has a dream, and his determination and will to achieve it is another great thing about the show. His care for his teammates, too.

Itachi, out.[/quote]

..you can always e-mail me..</center>

Last edited by Uchiha Itachi on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm asking "what is it about Naruto that appeals to you?". Nothing about it appeals to me, and I want to know why other people like it. I'm acting somewhat rudely because I want a heartfelt answer. Is that so hard to give? D:

And why in the world would anyone enjoy a japanese cartoon based on magical animals that reside inside balls and is protagonized by an electric talking rat? Honestly, you don't need to act rudely to get a heartfelt answer.

I personally dislike the superficial plot of Naruto, that basically involves their constant, endless pursuit of Sasuke. True, there's also the evil organization that is after the beasts sealed inside their hosts' bodies, but that doesn't captivate me too much either, even though it's better than chasing after a traitor.

What I like about Naruto is the overall theme and some intrinsic, deeper components that relate to the japanese culture, and how these are presented in a more scientific way, as well as the characters' special techniques. There's lots of interesting explanations behind the generation of chakra, how some special powers deal damage and their organic effects on their foes, and how all of these is connected to the ninja art and the eastern culture of body and energy. It's really nice if you care to look deeper.

However, the very first and main reason why I like this cartoon is some of the characters, who posess these unique traits and personalities. I personally like Rock Lee, with all his determination and comic (yet, somehow, serious) vision of his surroundings; Gaara, with his psychothic, apathic, perception of reality; Shikamaru, because of his brilliance, intelligence AND infamous lazyness; and Neji, with his narrow-minded opinion on destiny deciding who and what you are. I do have to admit though that Naruto's influence has ruined both Gaara's and Neji's personalities (a reason for why I dislike the extreme protagonist role Naruto plays), but I like to remain refering to them as they used to be (I feel they are more unique that way).

Apart from their personalities, the character's clothing design, and even their physical aspects are also apealing to me. For example, Shippuden Sasuke pretty much kicks @$$ on those aspects (but I still hate him for a X number of other reasons), just like Gaara and Neji. Their special abilities and techniques are another thing that I find cool on that anime, and it's also something that calls my attention in Pokémon. Oh, yes, and the anime soundtrack is quite nice for some reason.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really think that the Shippuden plot sucks. Especially in the manga, *spoiler warning!* based on how godly Kishimoto made Sasuke. Poor Deidara. But not to worry! Itachi will show Sasuke what's what! Ditto Jiraiya to Pein! *end of spoilers*

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well the Shippuden episodes do suck, I think they should have never branched off to it. The only good thing about it is you get to see the characters a little more older and with different clothes. I think the thing that really ruined the show was when they had Sasuke betray everyone for power and leave, he was like one of the best characters.

Really It's just not the same without him, of course there's still Itachi to look foward to but you'll rarely see him in combat. He's usually just talking to one of the other Atasuki members.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Last edited by keltic torchic on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah. Plus when Sasuke leaves, the story builds up. So...

Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First will be English Dub, second Japanese anime, and lastly, manga.

ENGLISH.
Neji vs. Kidoumaro is the second best fight, in my opinion. But I remembered this episode having a LOT of blood in it. Of course, in the dubbed version, there was barely any blood. =.= And THAT'S why I think they showed the movie instead of the new episodes last week; they took the extra time to edit it all out.

But I'm glad things are moving along now.

JAPANESE.
I LOVED Sai! Especially when he was bad-mouthing Sakura and Naruto. I really liked it when Sakura was talking with Naruto about his appearance with Sai, too. I think it kind of showed that even though Sasuke betrayed them, she still believes in him. ^^ But they talked sooo much, though, so I'm glad things are moving on now.

There's TWO new episodes next week! At no cost, either!

MANGA.
This fight is really really REALLy getting boring now. Like, really really. And I really couldn't believe that Jiraiya lost his arm - his ARM for crying out loud! But I really can't wait for the fight to end, because then, hopefully, Kishimoto will switch it to Hebi and Konoha 8, and then we could be seeing Sasuke vs. Itachi very very soon! And, just maybe, Madara's evil intentions!

//done.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ahh, everytime I read the manga I get more and more disappointed with how things are going...

Spoilers (highlight to read). Do I have to say how annoyingly powerful Sasuke is becoming (or has become)? And this constant chase after him...jeez, just get over it. He's decided he doesn't want to come back, he doesn't care about anything and anyone, all he wants is his bloody revenge, so just let him be, for God's sake. Honestly, Manda could just eat him.

Oh, and here's another unique character Naruto has ruined: Sai. He's turned from "dry jerk" to "silly jerk", and I really prefer the apathetic ANBU to the clown one. It <i>IS</i> funny that he gets to insult everyone, and that he's completely socially lost, but I reckon it would be a lot less "unique-characteristic-lowering" (if you get what I mean) if it happened slowly, and not all of a sudden because NARUTO TAUGHT ME A LESSON, ZOMG HE MUST REUNITE WITH SASUKE SO I CAN LEARN THE BONDS BETWEEN ME AND MY BROTHER *strangely and all of a suddenly determined*.
End of spoilers.

Sad.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Galar - If you haven't read chapter 380...I suggest you don't read this, XDDDD. Honestly, I thought this week's new chapter was better than what we've recently had. There was a little mix of Jiraiya and Pein, which I'm more curious about than ever, Sasuke and Itachi (just a little bit, but I have to admit - the frame where Itachi is sitting on that throne was hilarious, XDDD, Suigetsu and Kisame, which could be interesting, and lastly, Konoha 8 and Tobi. Four fights at once, things might get a little interesting!

Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:04 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

@ Uchiha Itachi The manga here where I live is currently at the 3rd or 4th volume, so I'm reading some scanlations on the internet. So far I've made it to chapter 332, but I've already read some spoilers around the web, I'm afraid. The lack of Team Gai is already driving me mad, and it's funny how Sai suddenly disappeared when Naruto started his training and after Asuma died. I wonder what goes on Kishimoto's mind: I'm gonna be REALLY disappointed if Team Gai or the Sand Siblings don't make another appearance, I'm sick and tired of SASGAY SASGAY. ;(

Oh, yeah, I didn't like the Akatsuki at first, but I'm kind of growing to enjoy when they show up, specially Hidan and Tobi, that silly 'tard, heh. I don't know, these characters are getting some sort of humorous development or something.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Galar - Oh, that arc? <3 I really liked that arc because really, it was Shikamaru's time to shine. (Seriously - did you see Ino and Chouji doing anything? XDDD

I don't really like how Kishimoto neglects Sai. Recently, in the newest chapter, another disappointing discovery which was a mistake of Kishimoto's was found. And Team Gai's "disappearance"...I'm actually okay with that, since after I read that arc, the Shippuden anime came out, and the whole thing kind of replayed. And, I'm guessing you're a fan of Team Gai, right? Good think you're not a fan of Team 8 (or is it? It's Shino, Hinata, and Kiba), since they don't get much time to shine until chapter 350 or 360.

If you're tired of Sasuke now, I suggest you skip chapters 340-...where we are now, because it's basically a Sasuke arc, *spoilers* Sasuke vs. Oro, Deidara, and now, Itachi. *end o'spoilers* There's not much in between the chapters, but...yeah.

Personally, since I'm a fan of Sasuke (imagine o.O), I didn't mind much, but at one point it sort of got annoying. Even if you hate Sasuke, I think that his style of fighting is what might keep you interested later. *nods*

Tobi rocks, by the way. Also, there's something weird about him that's later revealed, which I'm not too clear of, yet.

JAPANESE ANIME.
Yamato's ghoul eyes - <3! I love the way he freaked out Naruto...and how Sakura punched Sai. Can't wait until next week!

ENGLISH ANIME.
It's interesting how much the voices suck, even though I've gotten used to them, sort of. Next week is Kimimaro, Sakon, and Tayuya - all at once!

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:25 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

i always watch naruto on toonami!i saw last episode kiba gonna kill himselve

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you haven't read the most recent manga chapter, don't read this! Poor, poor, POOR Jiraiya! I can't believe it! Grrrr...that darned Pein. Also, Zetsu knew about Tobi being Madara?! That means Itachi probably knew, too, b'cause he says there will be three people who can use the MS when Sasuke unlocks it. I wonder what Konoha 8's "Plan B" is.

Anime, Japanese.
The animation seems to jump from sucky to strangely nice, to even more sucky, to okay. Can't wait for Sasuke.

Anime, English.
lol at Lee.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol this has been the most annoying thread to read. ;)
I don't really watch Naruto that much, but after this thread, I don't really think I have to. :p I have enough info right here. :]

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4