It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 T.V. Shows You Miss? 

Do you prefer television now to T.V. 5 - 15 years ago?
Yes, shows on T.V. now are the best 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Nope, the old days rocked :( 54%  54%  [ 20 ]
About the same for me 38%  38%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 37

T.V. Shows You Miss? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not that keen on the programmes that are on T.V. these days. I miss programmes from some years ago, (even if I do watch them on D.V.D.).
My most missed are:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Xena Warrior Princess
- Friends
- Charmed

Although I don't want these to come back on because I think most of them were wrapped up nicely, (endings such as in Buffy and Xena prevent new episodes from being made anyway), I do miss these types of shows. The ones that I always tried to watch, and tape if I couldn't, because I loved them that much. A couple that I used to be a bit obsessed with, lol.

Are there any shows my fellow Psypoke members miss and/or do you prefer T.V. today compared to television 5 - 10, (or more?), years ago?

I also quite miss Pokemon, (the first episodes).

Last edited by CharmedJoey on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I miss Zoids very much. Mostly New Century Zero, but Guardian Force was also a favorite. An old anime yes, but still. I remember my brother and I watching it at night and on Toonami when they used to show it with YuYu Hakusho, the first series of DBZ, and other animes. Lord, do I miss that.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CharmedJoey wrote:
I'm not that keen on the programmes that are on T.V. these days. I miss programmes from some years ago, (even if I do watch them on D.V.D.).
My most missed are:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Xena Warrior Princess
- Friends
- Charmed

Although I don't want these to come back on because I think most of them were wrapped up nicely, (endings such as in Buffy and Xena prevent new episodes from being made anyway), I do miss these types of shows. The ones that I always tried to watch, and tape if I couldn't, because I loved them that much. A couple that I used to be a bit obsessed with, lol.

Are there any shows my fellow Psypoke members miss and/or do you prefer T.V. today compared to television 5 - 10, (or more?), years ago?

I also quite miss Pokemon, (the first episodes).

Friends is still on there air, it's played all the time on TBS.

Shows I miss:
The Flinstones
Top Cat
Knight Rider
Mash was okay depending on my mood.
Oh and Alvin& the Chipmunks

Last edited by Latios on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I watch it on channel 4 sometimes but it's not the same as new episodes, that's what I mean. But like I said, I don't want them to make new ones because of how they ended these shows. I miss having shows that I love so much I always watch them and they can always make me laugh or wonder what's going to happen next.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:59 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I don't watch live action TV, so all I care about are cartoons. There are a lot of great cartoons that used to air but have since been canceled, and there are only a few good ones still in production. Futurama was definitely out before its prime but most other cartoons had good runs. I can't say that leaving all of them on would have been a good idea since they would dry out of material. Still, I would like to be able to catch them on TV once in a while, though I hope to own DVD's of all the ones I enjoy. Spongebob and South Park are probably the only two good cartoons still airing, with the exception of maybe one or two on Adult Swim. I like The Simpsons, but I haven't seen it in a while and probably isn't as good as it once was.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:12 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I miss Zoids very much. Mostly New Century Zero, but Guardian Force was also a favorite. An old anime yes, but still. I remember my brother and I watching it at night and on Toonami when they used to show it with YuYu Hakusho, the first series of DBZ, and other animes. Lord, do I miss that.

That show was awesome. Chaotic Century and Guardian Force, I mean. New Century sucked. I miss Midnight Run too.

I miss all the old Nickelodeon shows like Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, Tiny Toons, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Weinerville (such an appropriate name for a kids show), Clarissa Explains It All, Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Nick Arcade, What Would You Do, Wild & Crazy Kids, Global Guts, All That (old cast), and many more. I think the only shows I didn't like when I was little was Round House, hey Dude, and Nick News. The humor was too mature for me so it all went over my head.

Latios: Do you get the Halmark channel? MASH is still aired on it.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Latios: Do you get the Halmark channel? MASH is still aired on it.

I had it but my cable company switched to Comcast and now I have to pay for that, TV Land,etc.

DatVu wrote:
Futurama was definitely out before its prime

Futurama is still aired all the time on adult swim, I think they've even made new episodes.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I miss all the old Nickelodeon shows like Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, Tiny Toons, Are You Afraid of the Dark

Ah, yes, I loved that show. I miss quite a few cartoons and programmes from my childhood, (lol at sounding old) - most of the ones I named on "favourite cartoons". And Goosebumps.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Futurama is still aired all the time on adult swim, I think they've even made new episodes.

I know, and no. They're making 4 movies straight to DVD, and when Cartoon Network's contract runs out to air reruns, the movies are going to be edited to form more shows that will air on Comedy Central. The last new episode aired August 10, 2003. I already own all the seasons on DVD anyway, so I don't have to wait for them to come on.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DatVu: Agreed on South Park being one of the only good shows still making episodes.

As for me, I wish That 70s Show was still making new episodes (it airs really infrequently and I've seen most of the episodes anyway) but at the same time, I'm kind of glad it's not. In the last two or so seasons, the show just started to... well... suck. And the re-runs I get up here in Canada never even have those seasons playing.

Also, there's a Canadian show called Trailer Park Boys that had its final episode not long ago, and that was a really good show too D:

They still air and I always have the movie, so it's alright.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't watch television much, so the only programmes that I really miss are Futurama and Top Cat. Angry Beavers was also a pretty good show while it lasted.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:56 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I really miss the old school Legend of Zelda cartoon series.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:36 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I miss regular episodes of Gilligans' Island and Mr.Ed - gotta love those 2 shows.

Aside from that, I miss Rugrats and Hey arnold. Oh, and of course, Tom & Jerry

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really miss hey arnold and rocket power.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:52 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Beavis & Butt-head was awesome, regardless what anyone says. It was funny. I have the Mike Judge collections Vol. 1-3 of it and I watch them more than my Family Guy DVDs (and I love Family Guy too). One show I miss that they should hurry up and put on DVD for me is Daria. Yeah, it is kinda weird for a guy to like that show, but it was awesome as hell. If anyone knows somewhere that I can buy Daria the TV series on DVD let me know. I know they made 2 movies, and I have 1, but I loved the show. That's all.

-Ryan

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:15 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

*sigh* *feels nogistalgic goes to find a vidoe is his old cartoon video pile*

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20710 <---come to my shop for TC's (i'm now hiring!!)

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:06 pm
knight rider (with turbo boost)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Post Re:
I mainly miss the anime's not much of the live action....

Dark Scyther127 wrote:
I miss Zoids very much. Mostly New Century Zero, but Guardian Force was also a favorite.

I absolutely <3 loved <3 Zoids (That's big seeing as there's not many show's I love anymore :| ...) Chaotic Century was the best, New Century was great, but the only thing good about the Transforming series was... well, the transforming, otherwise AMAZING series.

Other show's I miss are: Pokemon (Kanto, Jhoto and Orange Islands), DB (Original series, Z just had too many evil world destroying demons coming from everywhere... :mad: ) Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Wild Thornberry's, Futarama (There are reruns every now and then :D ) and maaaany more. (I just found a site that shows all the Zoid Episodes :mrgreen: I can hardly wait to watch)

~Death

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Last edited by Deathseeker on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zoids was awesome, out of all things it was replaced by Camp Lazlo.Ugh!

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

To be honest, I really miss Dexter's Laboratory. I used to watch that show constantly. Doug, Angry Beavers, and Hey Arnold are some old favorites too.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I miss all the old cartoons from the 90's and 00's. Also, I wish there was more episodes of Seinfeld.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I Miss Beavis And ButtHead They Ruled :(

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Post Re:
CharmedJoey wrote:
Krisp wrote:
I miss all the old Nickelodeon shows like Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, Tiny Toons, Are You Afraid of the Dark

Ah, yes, I loved that show. I miss quite a few cartoons and programmes from my childhood, (lol at sounding old) - most of the ones I named on "favourite cartoons". And Goosebumps.

Goosebumps is on Cartoon Network @ 7 PM central time on Saturdays!

Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I miss nicktoons like Doug, Rugrats, Rocko, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power. I grew up with that and they take it away. :cry: On thanksgiving 2007 they show the first ep of all the nicktoons from the first, doug, to the last.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:20 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

hm... TV shows I miss
Well I agree with everyone when they say they miss Zoids. I also miss Megaman, Kenshin, Gundam, and DBZ
Side note: 95 episodes was pretty good for kenshin, but why did they only make MSG run for 52 episodes?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next