It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 The Spirit's Secret Message 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chapter 1- A Horrible Mistake

Xaviar’s eyes darted back and forth, following the tiny Bidoof that was helping the large Bibarel collect wood for a dam. He stood up and walked over to a grey house, where he was staying during his short vacation. It was the home of his pen pal, Andy. They had been sending letters between Hoenn and Sinnoh for about 2 years now. They started sending letters when Xaviar’s father, owner of the Maulville game corner, was having a discussion with the owner of the Veilstone game corner. His mother and he stayed with Andy while his father went on to Veilstone. When Xaviar left, they exchanged addresses, and sent each other letters and pictures weekly.

Now, two years later, they were both going to start their Pokemon adventures. Andy was traveling with his friend, Clair, but Xaviar was going alone. This short visit was just that; a visit to talk with one another before being out of contact for a very long time. This was the last day he was staying there before returning home. He would catch the return boat that would leave in about half an hour and go back to Slateport, then using the Swellow he borrowed from his mother to take the shortcut to Littleroot, where he would get his first Pokemon, return the Swellow via Poke Ball teleporter, and begin his adventure. He went over to Andy, who was planning the travel route with Clair.

“I’ll miss you guys” He said quietly “I’ll see you after win the tournament!”

“Don’t forget” Clair spoke up “that I’m winning the Grand Festival!”

“Oh, yeah” Xaviar said, rolling his eyes “I forgot. Well, I’m going to get to the boat. Bye!”

“Bye!” Clair and Andy said together. Xaviar walked out of the house, then hurried to the boat. He looked around. He liked the Sinnoh region. As he handed the sailor the ticket, he looked back at his only real friends.

“This is it.” He whispered “From here on out, I’m in this alone. No being with any familiar person, just me and my Pokemon.” Tears began to pour out of his bright hazel eyes. What the Sailor said next shocked him.

“Sir, this ticket is one-way. And it’s been used.”

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hate to break it to you, but you shouldn't be so concerned about comments. The double posting rule isn't followed as strictly here; of course we expect disgression to be used. For example, we won't condone posting an author's note and then the chapter in a different post only a few minutes later; that's just a lack of common sense on the writer's part.

Don't get me wrong, I adore comments as much as the next person. But, this isn't a very popular forum, n00bs know that (that's why they flood it and try to spam it up to raise their post count). I think it was the wrong move to stop writing your story solely because you haven't had any comments.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok. But it's a little late for that. I posted 3 chapters. Not one comment. And my views were increasing. Nobody bothered to help me improve, meanwhile all the other stories have at least one comment. I was the only person who had 3 chapters in a row with no comment. My story mightas well have been locked, because nobody was elping me in any way. I wasn't gaining anything from writing the book with out any suggestions. Now, are there any comments on this story?

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nice.I like it,it is very intresting to read.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There is something to gain from writing something that gets few, if any, comments. You gain experience, you grow into your style, and you prove to yourself that you can persever despite a lack of outside encouragement. And don't you dare say I don't have this problem, on other sites I've posted around seven chapters without a single comment. Just because your story isn't popular doesn't mean it's not good, and vice versus. Sometimes other people can't or won't help you, that's when you have to teach yourself somethings.

I've taught myself nearly everything I know when it comes to writing, this includes grammar. I learned by modeling my work off of others, have you ever seen artists drawing the same thing over and over until it's "perfect." It's the same thing, that's how a lot of people learn how to draw. It's a tedious annoying process that takes perserverance and a passionate desire to improve.

Think about it this way as well, maybe they didn't have anything to say at that point, but maybe in the future they could've made a huge point that you would have been able to apply in other compositions.

Writing despite a lack of constant support from others is a hard lesson to learn, but well worth it. It, when you do learn it, will let you enjoy writing more for writing and less for the attention it gives you, be it good or bad.

As for this story, again I saw some grammar errors that can be easily fixed. I focus more on technical issues and at this point I can't say anything for the content because it's just too early in the story.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Finnally! I get a meaningful comment that nobody seems to be contridicting! Thank you, TheKid ((Interesting name)). I'll look for the grammer mistakes now.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I found a couple errors that I fixed. Here is chapter 2!

Chapter 2-Grand Theft

Xaviar widened his eyes.

“But… that can’t be right…” he gasped.

“I’m sorry, but it appears that you already used this to get here.” the sailor said to him “This ticket is no longer valid.”

Xaviar walked away, still stunned. How would he go on his adventure if he couldn’t even go back to Hoenn? He searched his backpack for money to buy a new ticket, but found nothing. Then, he had an idea.

“Swellow might be able to…” He thought “No…Swellow is a strong flyer, but she isn’t that strong.” He was doomed. He watched helplessly as the boat sailed away from Sandgem town. He went over to Andy and Clair, who were leaving the house.

“Xaviar?” Andy questioned “Why aren’t you on the boat?” Xaviar explained the situation to Andy and Clair, who were just as stunned as he was.

“I have an idea!” Clair said with extreme excitement in her voice “You can come with us! You can have your adventure in Sinnoh! I think the professor has a teleporter. You can return Swellow, and then you can get the gear you packed from your mom!”

“Clair might be on to something…” he thought “I might just be able to do that!” He began to speak aloud “That’s a good idea! Looks like we’re in this together! Time to begin this adventure!” And, with that, the three friends ran over to the lab

“Hello. You must be new trainers.” Professor Rowan said to the three “I’ll bring out the Pokemon that you can start out with. One minute, please…” Rowan walked over to another room, and came back with a cart. It had three Pokemon on it. One was a bright blue penguin like figure, another was a green turtle with a sapling on its head, and the third was a small red monkey with a fire on its rear and a swirling design on its stomach. Xaviar had no clue which one he should chose.

Suddenly, large chunks of metal flew out of the back wall, and three arms grabbed the Pokemon. The rubble then cleared, revealing a small, flying saucer like thing with two people standing on it. Both had blue hair, and they both had uniforms with Gs on them. The Pokemon fell into small compartments in the lower portion of the vehicle. The saucer began to fly away. The three followed it, with Rowan close behind them. Xaviar figured this qualified as an emergency.

“Swellow, go for it!” he screamed. A blinding light burst out of the Poke Ball, and Swellow soared out of the ray of light. The thieves turned around and sent out their own Pokemon.
“Skuntank, show them who’s boss!”

“Stop that Swellow, Purugly!”

The two large Pokemon appeared, but Swellow was a fierce battler.

“Swellow, use Aerial Ace!” Xaviar yelled. Swellow charged forward, delivering a powerful blow to both Pokemon. The thieves were quick to retaliate.

“Purugly, Night Slash attack!”

“Skuntank, use Smokescreen!” A black fog enveloped the battle, and Swellow was unable to avoid Purugly’s fearsome Night Slash.

“Swellow, show them your Gust!” Xaviar yelled, sending the smoke away. It was clear Swellow wasn’t powerful enough to defeat these two.

“Go, Dragonite!” A voice yelled from behind him. A Dragonite burst out of the thrown Poke Ball. Xaviar turned around, revealing the voice belonged to none other than Professor Rowan. “Use your Hyper Beam!” The Dragonite let loose an intense blast of energy, knocking out both Pokemon. “Finish it with Dragon Claw!”

“Swellow, back Dragonite up with Quick Attack!” Xaviar yelled. The two thieves were thrown into the air, and couldn’t be seen falling. “Thank you, Professor!” Xaviar said, turning to Rowan.

“I wasn’t going to let those Pokemon be stolen.” He said to them. He picked up the Pokemon, and led them back to the lab.

“Ok, now which Pokemon would you like?” Rowan asked the trio. They looked at all the Pokemon. Clair was the first to speak up.

“I choose Piplup!” She said, picking up the blue penguin. Xaviar thought they looked like a good team. Xaviar couldn’t decide between the remaining Pokemon. Andy looked just as unsure as he did. As Xaviar looked between them, he caught eye contact with one of them. They stared at each other for a little while, and Xaviar decided he wanted that one. Andy spoke up at the same time.

“I choose” they both said at the same time “Turchimtwigchar”. Their voices mixed. Xaviar repeated what he said.

“I choose Chimchar.” Xaviar said confidently.

“And I choose Turtwig.” Andy said with the same voice.

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Who would of thought Professor Rowan had a Dragonite.
I didn't see any grammer mistakes,so far so good.
It sounds like it will become an awesome story.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hm...it's a great story and all, (despite the rather typical anime event-intervention with bad guys-'team Galaxy's blasting off again'-esque ending.)

THat, and couldn't you have thought up something a little more original for the main character's name? I mean, I know you've read my story, and days after, you have a main character that shares the name of my own. If it had been 'Jack,' or 'John,' I would have understood, but you can hardly say that Xavier is a common name...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm going to be completely honest with this. I came up with this story and the name "Xaviar" before I read your story. I was naming him after the guy from "X-Men". I just think he's really cool. I'm sorry if that disappointed you. As for the typical parts, that seemed like the best way to introduce team galaxy and lengthen the chapter.Just getting the Pokemon would be boring. I should think of more original ways off getting them out of there... I'll get the next chapter in soon.

PS If my use of the name upsets you, don't look at my trainer card.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to be completely honest with this. I came up with this story and the name "Xaviar" before I read your story. I was naming him after the guy from "X-Men". I just think he's really cool. I'm sorry if that disappointed you. As for the typical parts, that seemed like the best way to introduce team galaxy and lengthen the chapter.Just getting the Pokemon would be boring. I should think of more original ways off getting them out of there... I'll get the next chapter in soon.

Okay, that's fine, I actually lifted the name from a person who frequented another forum I attend, but I asked his permission. I can't really imagine you asking Proffessor X though. :P

Quote:

PS If my use of the name upsets you, don't look at my trainer card.

Sarcasm killed the cat. Actually, I think it was curiosity, but sarcasm's pretty dangerous, too, I've heard.

Anyway, originality will find you, and I like the idea of him being stranded in Sinnoh as opposed to being all 'imma get mah badgis' etc. Looking forward to the next installment. ;)

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chapter 3 might be a tad late, as I have yet to plan out Clair and Andy's teams. Xaviar's is ready to go.
EDIT: Ok, I assembled them. Chapter 3 will be up soon.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Andy watched as Chimchar rushed at Piplup.

“Use Scratch now!” Xaviar shouted. Chimchar raised a claw and scratched Piplup.

“Piplup, hang in there!” Clair yelled “Use Pound!” Piplup made its foot into a ball and punched Chimchar in the stomach. Both Pokemon were gasping now.

“Guys,” Andy said “you should take a break. Chimchar and Piplup look tired. Come on, we should get to Jublife City before it gets dark.”

“You’re right” Clair replied “Piplup, return.”

“You too, Chimchar.” Xaviar commanded. As they began to walk, Clair pulled out the electronic map Rowan had given them. She looked at their current location.

“We aren’t even half way there, and it’ll be dark in an hour!” she panicked. It seemed they’d have to sleep on the ground. Clair rushed ahead of the others, trying to make it to Jublife City. Her feet pounded below her as she ran, closely followed by her companions. Within only a few minutes, she was tired and began to slow down.

“It’s no use.” Clair panted “We won’t make it to the Pokemon Center.”

“Don’t worry” Xaviar quickly replied “I have a tent.” With that, they began to set up the tent, rushing for some unknown reason. It was soon ready to go, and it was then that Xaviar revealed that he had some granola bars that would make a decent dinner. He pulled them out of his backpack, and Clair could imagine the luscious taste they would have in her hungry state.

“Xaviar,” Andy questioned “how do you seem to have exactly what we need?”

Xaviar responded quickly “I have a lot of stuff. Better to have something and not need it then to need it and not have it.” Clair was amazed at his being prepared, even though Andy had always said he was whenever he told her about him back when they were pen pals.

What happened next changed the whole adventure for these three adventurers. A black streak came down from the sky, flew in between them, and returned up. Clair looked down, and almost fell over. The granola bars had disappeared. Andy, who had remained silent the entire time stood up and ran at the streak. He knew it was likely a Pokemon that was hungry. He needed a way to stop it. Then, he remembered he was a trainer now. He could stop another Pokemon with his own! He pulled out his Poke Ball.

“Go, Turtwig!” He yelled, throwing the Poke Ball. Turtwig burst out, and landed on Andy’s head. “Use Tackle!” he continued. Turtwig jumped at the fleeing Pokemon. “Now, Withdraw!” Turtwig hid in its shell, while still moving at the Pokemon. It slammed into it with ferocious power. The Pokemon fell to the ground, dropping the Granola Bars.

“A starly!” Andy shrieked, excitement clearly in his voice. Clair and Xaviar came running up, and Clair grabbed the granola bars. Andy looked at the starly, who was obviously very hungry. He decided he needed to help it. He reached into his pocket.

“Starly,” He whispered “You’re mine.” He pulled out the item, a Poke Ball. He hurled it at Starly, who seemed stunned. The Poke Ball shook, and within a few seconds, Starly was captured.

“Welcome to the team, Starly.” Andy whispered.

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats a nice twist.The main charecter not catching the first pokemon out of everyone in their group

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks. I try not to make my characters Gary/Mary-sues.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry about lack of updates, but I had a lot of homework, plus my mom is working in a pumpkin sale through October, and I have to help.

Chapter 4- Culture Shock

“Whoa!” Xaviar exclaimed as he stared at the nearby Jublife City. They had been traveling all day, so any town would be good for them, but this one as huge. As Clair and Andy ran up, they had similar reactions, as these three were all from small towns. Xaviar’s feet carried him to the huge city, stunned at the number and size of the buildings. The skyscrapers towered over the trees surrounding them, which they thought were tall as they made their way here.

“Let’s go!” Clair yelled as she darted to the city. Andy and Xaviar dashed right behind her. Within one minute, they were at the city. Clair knew where she was going.

“I need an actual meal!” She exclaimed “To the Pokemon Center!” And with that, they darted to the pure white building with a bright red roof. The door swung open, and in walked the three adventurers. Andy walked over to the desk to get a check up for Starly. Clair and Xaviar sat down on a bench nearby.

“Andy’s told me a lot about you.” Clair explained “He shows me all of your letters. He clearly thinks of you as a good friend.”

“Yeah, we are good friends.” Xaviar answered “I couldn’t believe that one note where he said he didn’t want to enter contests or challenge gyms. It was really strange.”

“I didn’t understand either.” Clair replied “Who knows why Andy does what he does? I just have to get out there and go as far as I can in contests.”

“Right.” He said back to her “Hey look, there he is now!” He was right. Andy walked over to them, holding his new Starly.

“She said Starly is fine.” He explained “I can use her in battles now!” Xaviar had a puzzling look on his face.

“It’s a girl?” he questioned “How can you tell?”

“Some weird blood test.” He answered “I’m just happy! Want to get something to eat?”

“You read my mind.” Clair joked, standing up. She briskly walked over to a booth and sat down. The two boys followed. After enjoying a great dinner, they exited the Pokemon Center and looked around.

Suddenly, a small bolt of electricity struck in front of them, and small blue Pokemon with a strange tail ran by them. Looking back, Clair noticed that it was being chased by a strange Pokemon that appeared to be a white ball with legs. Clair warned the others, and within seconds they were running for their lives.

“Look!” Andy screamed “It’s using Rollout!” He was right. Not far behind them, there was a large white ball was rolling towards them. The three trainers dodged out of the path of the huge wrecking ball.

“That was way to close.” Xaviar gasped “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Thanks” Clair answered “What was that thing?”

“I don’t know.” Xaviar replied “I didn’t have time to dodge it and get out my Pokedex. But I do remember one turning into a huge dragon back in Hoenn.”

“We have to save that little Pokemon!” Clair suddenly gasped. She got up and dashed in the direction of the Pokemon, closely followed by her companions. She would have had difficulties finding the Pokemon, but they left a clearly notable path of people lying on the ground, easing the difficulties. After running past people on the ground for a while, they found them. Clair and Xaviar both pulled out their Pokedexes.

Xaviar’s began to speak “Shelgon. The endurance Pokemon. Within its rugged shell, its cells have begun changing. Its shell peels off the instant it evolves.”

“That would explain the dragon thing!” Clair exclaimed “It evolved into Salamence!”

Suddenly, Clair’s Pokedex began to speak as well “Shinx. The Flash Pokemon. Its forelegs have a muscle based system of generating electricity. Its body shines when it is in danger.” Sure enough, Shinx’s fur was emitting a soft glow of light. The threesome decided it was time to step in.

“Chimchar, go for it”

“Piplup, let’s do this!”

“Starly, Turtwig, let’s get ‘em!”

Four Pokemon burst out and prepared for battle with the Shelgon. It immediately withdrew its legs as a blue shield surrounded it. It then began to roll towards the Pokemon.

“Piplup, use your BubbleBeam!” Clair yelled as Piplup shot a beam of bright blue spheres at Shelgon. It hardly slowed down at all despite this attack.

“Chimchar, Ember!” Xaviar commanded. Chimchar turned around and began firing small bits of fire at the Shelgon. This slowed down a little more.

“Turtwig, Razor Leaf! Starly, hit it with Tackle! Andy yelled to his Pokemon. Turtwig flipped its sapling around and flung leaves at Shelgon, while Starly swooped in and tried to physically push Shelgon back. Shelgon, now under a lot of pressure, stopped moving towards them, and yet seemed to not be sustaining any damage. All of the sudden, Shinx burst in and used its spark attack. It pushed the attacking Shelgon back and into a nearby building. It fell down, fainted.

“Phew!” Clair gasped “Other than that building, I think everybody’s okay.” She glanced over at the building with a hole in the wall. She could see people staring through the hole. She looked down at Shinx, who seemed fine.

“Bye, Shinx.” She said, following Xaviar away from the scene. Suddenly, Shinx lunged at Clair. She turned around, thinking it was attacking her. Then, it turned red and disappeared into one of her Poke Balls. Xaviar stared at her.

“Did that Shinx just jump into your Poke Ball?” He gaped.

“Yep.” She answered “I guess it’s mine now. Cool!” The three returned to the Pokemon Center, with one more companion joining them.

Wow. That chapter title came about in a weird way. I came up with it for their reaction to a big city, and it happened to work well with Shinx. Please comment!

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:06 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

EDIT THOSE STARTSS CUZ MY PAGE IS BEING A PAIN! You only need three.

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

you know i think its cool how you have three peeps, because then they take all the starter pokemon. you're story is interesting, but sort of annoying because its all dialouge (or a lot)

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

less dialouge, more plain description. I'll keep that in mind for chapter 5

Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Sorry I didn't post for a while, I was doing some writing exercises to really get in touch with my style of writing.))

Chapter 5- Spirits Awaken

Xaviar looked from left to right, observing the large Jublife City. There was a large building that allowed people to trade Pokemon over great distances. There was a large station with a satellite dish on top of it. He glanced down at his poke’tch, which signaled that the time was 6:30 am. Chimchar ran around his feet and climbed up to his head, and waved his hand in front of Xaviar’s face. Clair walked out of the Pokemon Center, Piplup resting on her head and Shinx running about her heels. Shinx and Chimchar immediately began to play tag, and Piplup, not wanting to be left out, dashed over and joined in the fun.

“You’re up early.” Clair observed “Why did you get out of bed at 6:00? And why are you just standing here now?”

“I like seeing the sun come up over the horizon.” Xaviar answered “A little east of Maulville City is a lake, and you can get a great view of the sun rising. Not so great in the west, so you can’t see it setting, but I find they look about the same, except they move in opposite directions when the beauty wears off.” The sun was now too high in the sky to have a red glow, but the sky was cloudless and beautiful.

A flash of light appeared to Xaviar’s left. He looked over at it, but it was gone. Another flash appeared above him, but it disappeared too. As Xaviar looked at the flashes of light, Clair had a confused look on her face.

Xaviar could see nothing. Everything was black. He was falling. But nothing was there to fall on. What was happening? Two flashing eyes appeared in front of him. Everything turned white, and Xaviar could see something. It was ruins of a city. It was covered with shattered columns, all bright silver. Two being were being held in place with electrical beams running between two columns. Somebody was standing in between them. But before he could examine anything else, everything faded. All that was there was the sky. Clair appeared to Xaviar’s right. He was lying on the ground.

“Are you alright?” Clair gasped “You were looking everywhere, and then you just passed out.”

“You didn’t see those lights?” Xaviar said, curiously looking at the gasping Clair.

“No. You did?” She said “I didn’t see anything but you looking everywhere then just falling over.”

Xaviar looked around. He was back in Jublife city, sure enough. Chimchar ran up and hugged him, crying. It had clearly been worried when he just passed out. But what was it that he was seeing? Andy was on the other side of him, Turtwig and Starly staring at Xaviar. He had walked out while Xaviar was seeing the strange vision. He thought for a while.

“What on earth were those eyes?” He thought “And why did I have that vision, but not Clair or Andy? Nothing makes any sense…” He looked over in front of him. Piplup and Shinx were standing there, but something was behind them. It was an egg. It had triangles on it, all of which were red and blue. He picked it up.

“Chimchar found it.” Clair explained “We aren’t sure what it will hatch into, but since Chimchar, your Pokemon, found it, I guess it’s rightfully yours.” Xaviar picked it up, examining the egg closely. He had seen eggs before; they popped up all the time at the nearby daycare area. But he had seen none like this. No matter what it was, the Pokemon inside would be a welcome member to the team. Xaviar stood up and began to walk to the Poke’ Mart. He needed a case for his new egg.

And there is chapter 5, which begins the main plot! And feel free to PM me with what you think the egg is going to hatch into. There might be a small reward for anybody who guesses correctly.

((An easy way to read small print is to copy and paste it))

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Chapter 5:I love it,this is one of the best if not the best Pokemon storys I've read.

The Egg will hatch in to Cough*Togepi*Cough

Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, there's his guess. Anybody else want to play the "What will hatch out of this magic egg" game?

Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Author’s corner: Clearly not. Here is the next installment and the longest chapter yet!

Chapter 6- A Strange Prediction and a Destined Partner

.Opening the door to the store, Xaviar cheerfully walked over to a shelf. Andy and Clair were close behind him. Xaviar looked along the shelf, which mostly had Poke Balls, Potion, Mail, and all sort of other items. He figured he should stock up on some things before heading off to Oreburgh City. He grabbed five bottles of potion, which would be useful if they ran into a lot of wild Pokemon and other trainers, as well as a loaf of bread, peanut butter, jelly, ham, cheese, mustard, and all sorts of other things you could use to make a decent sandwich. Clair grabbed some items like Awakening and Paralyze Heal to handle any stat ailments that their Pokemon sustained. Andy grabbed two bottles of Repel, in case of coming across groups of Pokemon that would be too large to handle with their Pokemon. Xaviar finally found the egg case he was looking for. All three of them paid the clerk for the items they bought, and then left the store.

Xaviar placed the egg gently in the heavily padded case, which could be strapped to his backpack. The case would also easily split open when force was applied to the inside of the case, so the baby Pokemon wouldn’t be squeezed into the tight space. The trio walked down the street, and reached a forest. At this point, it seemed there were no buildings at all, but there was a small house built right next to the forest. Clair, Andy, and Xaviar walked right by it, but a man who seemed just old enough to have gray hair came out of the door as they were entering the forest.

“Oh, my! Pokemon trainers! Come in, come, come.” He said, welcoming them into his home “I see you have an egg! They are fascinating, are they not?” None of them were stunned by this kind gesture, as this was normal in the small towns they were from.

“Thank you.” Xaviar said “And yes, I do find them interesting.” He walked into the house, followed by Andy and Clair. The house had a deep shade of blue paint on the wall, and was very well furnished. A small table sat in the center of the house, with a pearl on a fancy stand sitting in the center of it. But a tiny noise was coming from the stand. It wasn’t a stand at all. It was a Pokemon.

“Spoink!” the Pokemon said, gazing at the visitors.

“Oh, that’s my Spoink.” The man explained “He loves visitors. Now, would you like me to give you a little information on that egg of yours?”

“What?” Xaviar said, confused “What information?”

“I can give you a little information on the Pokemon inside of the egg with a little help from Spoink here. Shall I?”

“Sure.” Xaviar said, sitting in the chair and lightly placing the egg in front of Spoink. The man walked over to the Spoink and stared into Spoink’s pearl. He squinted at it, gazing carefully into the purple orb. He looked back up at Xaviar.

“I can tell that it will hatch.” He said.

“Well, of course it will hatch!” Xaviar scowled.

“Hang on, I’m not done.” The man continued “I know it will hatch, and yet I don’t see the egg changing…”

“Odd.” Clair said, looking curiously at the egg. Xaviar placed the egg back into the case.

“Well, thanks for telling us about this.” Xaviar said “Let’s go, guys.” The three young adventurers left the house. The forest before them looked like it would take a while to get through, and Xaviar especially seemed concerned. He heard a voice, and guessed it was a ghost. He was chased by a Gastly when he was five, and had feared them ever sense.

“Xaviar…” The voice said. Xaviar stepped away from the forest, not wanting to meet up with this ghost.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“What?” Andy said. The whole world seemed to be spinning around him, and it was becoming darker. Holes appeared all around him, but Clair and Andy didn’t seem at all concerned. A hole appeared below him, and he fell into the infinite darkness that was taking over his mind. He could no longer see anything but himself, and yet he could sense the presence of somebody. Two glowing eyes appeared in front of him, the same as before. Everything flashed white again, and a voice rung through Xaviar’s ears.

“You have already found two of the Pokemon you will need.” The voice said.

“Need?” Xaviar asked “For what?”

“You must help them.” The voice continued “I have found you, the perfect person for the mission, and made sure you would be able to accomplish this task. I made the machine goof up so you would travel here in Sinnoh. I had Chimchar catch eye contact with you so you would choose it as your starter. I placed the egg where Chimchar would find it so you would take it as your own. And you will soon find another Pokemon that will help you rescue them.”

“Rescue who?” Xaviar asked. But before the strange ghost could answer, the world turned back to normal, and Xaviar was staring at Clair and Andy, but he wasn’t at the trail leading into a forest. He was next to a lake, which for some reason looked unusually cold.

“That was insane!” Andy screamed “You fainted, and then you just started floating around. You ended up here.”

“You think?” Clair said “Did you have the same thing happen as last time?”

“Pretty much.” Xaviar answered, looking around. He put his finger in the lake. Sure enough, it was ice cold. Next thing he knew, a splash of water hit him in the face, sending him toppling into the lake. He looked around, and saw a small creature in the water, struggling to get out. He came to the surface and, without thinking or figuring out what the human-like figure was, he placed it on his shoulder and pulled himself out of the water. He shivered, trying to stand up so he could help the tiny Pokemon. He pulled a towel out of his backpack, which must have fallen off during the floating business because it was lying on the ground, and began to dry the creature off. It stood up and hugged him, crying. Andy pulled out his Pokedex.

“Ralts, the feeling Pokemon. Ralts uses the horns on its head to sense human emotions. It is said to appear in front of cheerful people.” Xaviar smiled at the tiny Pokemon, who smiled back at him.

“Your welcome, little guy.” Xaviar said “We should be leaving. Bye, Ralts.” But then, Xaviar recalled the ghost’s words.

“And you will soon find another Pokemon that will help you rescue them.”

Xaviar turned around, kneeling at the tiny Ralts. He pulled out a Poke Ball, and Ralts gazed longingly at it. He tapped the tiny Pokemon’s head with it, and Ralts was pulled in. The Poke Ball didn’t even shake before the tiny ding sound was made.

“On second thought,” Xaviar said “Let’s set up camp. I want to spend some time with my Ralts.”

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like how you added the Pokemart and gave a reason for each of the items they bought.
A Ralts in Sinnoh?That is unexpected.
Keep writing and this will become one of the best and maybe the longest stories on Psypokes :D

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]