It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Peril of the Ancients - Open 

What do you think of Pokémon Role Plays?
Brilliant!! 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Pretty good... 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Meh... creative. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Err... you sure? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
WTF!! 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

Peril of the Ancients - Open 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*author side note: Hmm... my fanfic about a Pokémon got destroyed because of Mary-sue-ness and lack of plot... let's see my try of hand here!
PLOT: Ancient Pokémon fight for survival in a world they once existed in eons ago. Nothing is the same... nor will it ever be again.
Info needed is:

Gender: (Alt+11 for Male, Alt+12 for Female, "#" for Genderless)
Species: Sea Pokémon/Inanimate Object:P
Alliance: Good/Bad
Personality:
Good Habits:
Bad Habits:
Born at:
Dreams:
Burdens:
Any Companions:

Omanyte ♂ - Good
About 125,000,000 years old... considered quite young by other Ancients
Quite hasty, but courageous
Thinks tactically
Reckless and a bit fidgety
Revived at Devon Co. and released near Sealed Chamber
Has a great wish to be able to swim faster
Heavy shell; his bad reputation as an "old thing"
Remembers having made friends with neighbouring Anorith 125,000,000 yrs. ago

Rules:
-No godmoding, powerplaying, overcontrol, mary-suing
-You must a be a species of Pokémon that lives under the sea, or be an inanimate object waiting to be toyed with :lol: :P
-If you're good, know that faults and succumbing to different factors is encouraged, as long it will flow with the story
-If you're bad, know that you WILL be eventually defeated, but that you will always rise again (possibly to die again :P)
-You cannot make another character die. That person must be sensible enough to die when it's time, at which point they will be given the choice to be a fossil or an inanimate object
-Don't suddenly sharply bend the plot... make it fluid.
-You cannot choose a Pokémon species already chosen without good reason, or if you're a different gender. Even so, try to be a different species of Pokémon (you can still be pre-evolutions or evolutions) from everbody else

Character List
Omanyte ♂ - 1.25*10^8 yrs. - elite42 (ME!)
Horsea ♂ named Spike - 7 yrs. - RECOLORER
Vaporeon ♂ named Crevice - 24 yrs. - PKMNAddictSora
Ditto ♀ codenamed Aria - ??? - Kawaii Angel
Totodile ♂ named Todo - 8 yrs. - Paco
Piplup ♂ named Aquo - 10 yrs. - icelblazer
^ Mantine acquaintance

The story has begun. Characters joining now will be pended.

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Last edited by elite42 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You fail to mention anything about the plot.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Edit: Unlocked! Enjoy! :D

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Rules have been udpated, plot posted, limits restrained, etc.

Characters acceptping.

As fro the deep-sea Pokémon clause, do a bit of research on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon friend areas with the word "sea" or "ocean" in them, and you can pick a Pokémon. Yes, that means you can be Lugia and Kyogre, but like all Pokémon, you have to start small. So no Hyper Beaming!!! (unless by accident, and it should be ouf of control :P )

Pokemon Diamond:

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Species: Horsea (sea pokemon)
Alliance: Good
Personality: outgoing young pokemon, he doesn't really understand what is going on. he is always getting into trouble.
Good Habits: tough and knows ow to fight
Bad Habits: gets into michef
Born at: ?
Dreams: to evolve
Burdens:his parents died
Any Companions: no

Last edited by RECOLORER on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Species: Vaporeon
Personality: Overly cautious, a little unsociable, and very serious
Good Habits: Not rushing into anything without thinking about it first, never trusting strangers
Bad Habits: Growling at new pokemon, and not speaking very much
Born at: Grand Sea
Dreams: Doesn't have any dreams, getting through life alive is enough for him
Burdens: Has a phobia of mantines ever since one stung his back right leg, disabling it
Any Companions: None

Edit: Oops, when you said friend areas I somehow misread it as dungeons. Is that alright or will I have to change my character to something else? Also if I can still use my character, I'm not sure if I got the birthplace right either.

Me, my pokemon, and I (Sapphire).

Shinies: All from Diamond.
Alchemy and Byrd, the twin Ponytas.
Hope the Shinx.

Last edited by PKMNaddictSora on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Doesn't matter, friend area or dungeon, as long as it's somewhat similar to the oceans and such.

There is no "11" button, you hold Alt and press 1 on the number pad twice.

Pokemon Diamond:

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Doesn't matter, friend area or dungeon, as long as it's somewhat similar to the oceans and such.

There is no "11" button, you hold Alt and press 1 on the number pad twice.

Ok, thanks, I get a little confused about that sort of thing :). I'll edit my post and try that.

Edit: Still can't get it to work, ah well, I guess it's fine the way it is.

Hope the Shinx.

Last edited by PKMNaddictSora on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i tried that and it didnt work, :( o well! so how many ppl do we need before we can start?

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.

Gender: Genderless, but when a pokemon with a gender, 'it' appears as a Female
Species: Ditto
Personality: Ditto has a special ability that makes so that she doesn't age, therefore has been alive for a very long time. She is the cool, calm, and collected type. She is normally incredibly serious and on task, but sometimes she can be quite humorous. Also, she is loyal to friends whenever she gets one, which is quite rare. She is often a loner, as well as very smart. She isn't much of a battler, as so resorts to being evasive until the enemy tires.
Good Habits: She is a wonderful friend.
Bad Habits: She can sometimes be too serious and gives people death glares when they ruin her work/thought/plans
Born at: Far-off sea
Dreams: She doesn't dream, she simply wishes to be able to accomplish all of what she starts
Burdens: Sometimes, her lonely nature, her rarity, or her careful planning makes friends either betray her or leave her.
Any Companions: None

Is this good?Sorry, I didn't know about the actual underwater thing.....

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

RECOLOER: I'm not sure yet, but the more (not horrendously of course) the better! :D

Kawaii Angel: Suicune... underwater... hmm... I'll give it a shot.

Pokemon Diamond:

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

edit: here it is-- Image

Code:
 [URL=http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20173][img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1932/onymiteob7.png[/img][/URL]

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Paco wants to join.)(Do we level up and learn new moves and evolve?)

Species:Tododile
Alliance:Good
Personality:Laid back,very social, he loves to fight, wether its friendly or not.He really likes to talk alot, but when he is angry,He will come at you like a madman.
Good habits:Social, gets along well with others,
Bad habits:Never knows when not to talk
Born at: near some Island
Burdens:doesn't have one
Dreams:To be a strong Feraligator

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nice banner, RECOLORER! Though I think I'll be sticking to my text version for now :lol: .

Anyways, time to start!!!! :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omanyte woke up floating in a tank. He remembered dying a crushing defeat. He did not remember anything after that. He knew that he went where Pokémon "went", but this place didn't seem it. There were many strange tall beings, almost like mundane Blazikens. He settled back onto the sands of his strange clear prison and let his dreams wander.

Pokemon Diamond:

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Can I use first person? Oh, and my name is Aria.))

I woke up groggily to see a large shadow above me. "Good, it's awake." I heard a male voice whisper. I looked around, and saw a few other shadows. Finally, as my vision cleared a bit, I could see the men, and one of them showed me a picture. Well, it was rather pushed into my view, but never mind that.
I looked at the picture, and the man said one word quietly. "Transform." Judging by his pleading, yet threatening tone, I didn't argue, and simply transformed. I looked down at myself afterwards, and the man smiled.
"Well Robert, we have our Suicune. What shall we name it?" I saw a man behind 'Robert' ask. "Well, even though it is genderless, some of the things in its DNA led me to view it as a female. Let's name her Aria, or Project 13. (I dunno, I like that number)" The man turned around. "How's Number 12 doing? You now, the fossilized pokemon?"

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Todo woke up on his island and went underwater.I wonder what is good in the neighborhood.Todo became depresessed as he saw no one drifting along.Well this sucks.He then just kept swimming along.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nice job, Kawaii Angel, paco, this origin thing is going quite well so far!

But I'd prefer 3rd person, KA.
As for Paco... if you're changing the settings drastically put 3 asterisks above your post. Like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omanyte watched as the strange beings (he decided to call them Normapes) approached his tank. Omanyte did not like the eerie feeling he was getting as the Normapes watched him. Putting in lots of force, Omanyte spun rapidly towards the tank, firly denting the tank. Water slowly jetted out, leaving one scientist very surprised and the other dazed from being spurted by Pokémon-flavoured water.
The water drained out, but Omanyte could still breathe. He used his puny but muscular arms to slide himself along the smooth bottom of the tank as he explored the now dry tank.
That was fun, he thought to himself, and with that, he smashed his shell against the dented glass, effectively hurling himself out. Preparing for the worst, he adeptly slid into his hard shell.
Judging by the shadows on his shell, one of the Normapes picked him out. Being butterfingers, Omanyte slid out of the Normape's hands and hit the floor with a thud, jolting Omanyte to unconsciousness.

Pokemon Diamond:

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aria heard a few cracks and a thud and looked to another room. A man ran into the room and looked at Robert. "Number....12..." He said panting. Robert ran to the other room, and Aria followed slowly. Aria looked through the door to see Robert giving what looked like a Revive to an unconscious pokemon on the floor. Without anyone noticing, Aria walked behind Robert, and watched the pokemon tensely. Is he alright? Why are we here anyways? What happened? She though, her thoughts coming unfocused and out of order.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(( Sorry for missing the first part, I get off the computer at 6:30, but I'm here most of the rest of the afternoon on weekdays. By the way my character is called Crevice.))

In a nearby room a loud yell is heard, and another human walks into the room. A growling blue pokemon is hanging onto his leg, it's teeth sunk deep into his skin. Clearing his throat, the human speaks. "Could somebody get this thing off of my leg?" he asks, while Crevice growls louder and sinks his teeth further into his enemy. Crevice decides he doesn't like strangers at all, especially when they invade the comfy swimming pool that is his home. Smelling other pokemon in the room, Crevice begins to wonder if there is more than humans living here.

Hope the Shinx.

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

(sorry i ws off early too. my name is Spike)
Spike heard loud noises all around him. He woke up to find himself in a small glass tank surronded by fake plants. "oh no" he said to himself. as if out of nowhere, a suicune was in the room. Frightend he hid behind one of the plants. Then he tried to communicate. he put his head out of the water and shot a stream of water at the suicune. Angrily it came towards his tank. " NOT GOOD!" Spike shouted

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Try remembering to put the 3 asterisks for scene changes. Also, most of the story so far has used past tense, so...

And remember, no controlling another player's character. That means you, RECOLORER!

OMG I guess I'll have to stay without a nickname for the series. :o
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omanyte awoke immediately from his blackout, spirit not in the least wavering. He rapidly rolled inside his shell again, seeing out of his translucent shell light, of what must have been a stairway.

BAM!

Omanyte's shell bashed into the stair edges, jolting him from hermitting. Unfurling himself, he scanned the room. He saw Pokémon he did not recognize from his beforetime. There was a strange shell-less blue Kabuto on all-fours charging towards a Horsea in a plastic tank, and an unarmoured Kabutops, who just finished chomping one of the Normape's legs, was sniffing around the room. Sluggishly but determinedly, Omanyte crawled towards the newcomers.

Pokemon Diamond:

Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aria blinked as a refreshing yet harsh jet of water hit her on the back of her head. She turned to the attacker, and advanced forward. She then chuckled to herself. She shook her head at it while smiling, and turned towards the now conscious Omanyte heading towards a Kabuto that was chomping on someone's leg. She chuckled again, and then saw Robert coming towards her. As he reached out, Aria moved swiftly, to avoid him, which resulted in him almost falling. Aria chuckled again.

Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

(sorry for controling u kawaii angel :oops: )
Spike was no longer afraid of the suicune. He actually felt sort of bonded with it. To help it, he jumped out of the water and shot a stream of water at Robert. "Thats what you get for put in me in that thing."
Spike turned towards the Suicune. "Hey. I'm Spike."

Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next