Which one, PS3 or Wii 

PS3 or Wii
PS3 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Wii 82%  82%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 22

Which one, PS3 or Wii 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Which one should I buy??? My dad may buy me both. But if it comes down to a choice between a PS3 and a Wii. I wanna know which one should I buy?? Thx.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Last edited by Roar Of Time on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PS3- The thing that system has is graphics. If you are into graphics more than anything else then get this one. Basicly it is an updated version of the the PS2. (other than that I don't really know anything else about it)

Wii- Focus of this system is gameplay. With the Wii remotes they have a wireless connection to the system. Movement is what keeps the games fun, for it isn't always just pressing a button to do an action, to preform certain acts one must move the Wii remote like if you were doing the real action. (example: play baseball swing it like a bat, bowling you use the remote as a bowling ball *just don't let go*, and move the remote forward if you want to punch something.) (The Wii can even play Gamecube games, similar to the effect of the DS)

That is a basic summery of each system, as far as I know. I have the Wii system, but not the PS3 so that summery is all I know about it. So if you find graphics more fun then get the PS3, but if your tastes go more to gameplay then best you get the Wii.

Personally if I didn't have a Wii and had to chose between the two, I would go with the Wii. Why? Well gameplay value, when playing the Wii version of The Ledgend of Zelda: TP you have to swing the remote as if you were weilding a sword and when you are firing an arrow you have to aim by pointing the remote on the screen. It comes with Wii Sports that when ou create a Mii (Wii version of you) you can use that character to do all the sports stuff they have, and you controll it as if you were playing golf, baseball, or bowling. So in the end I'm a gameplay guy.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you're a hard core gamer, you're more likely to be happy with the PS3, as it is a much serious gaming machine in my opinion.

Not saying the Wii is bad, but it really depends.

If you like racers and shooters etc, get the PS3, and also if you like online, if you prefer party games and platformers, etc., go for the Wii.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Post ps3
i would prefer the wii but the ps3 is beter

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Wii doesn't live up to the hype or it's reputation. It's only sold as many units, because it's so cheap, and the games aren't that much fun. I play video games because you hardly have to do anything when playing them. I haven't had a workout playing video games for the past 19 years, and I don't expect it now. It's a novelty system. I only believe people think it's great, because they buy into the hype. Everyone I've talked to that has one or has played it on length is a little disappointed in it, and most of them are pretty big gamers.

Most everyone misses the traditional game play, and the graphics leave a lot to be desired, or at least discernible from the GameCube. I will admit in some cases, the motion is better for certain types of games or movements, but a lot of things should be left up to buttons and joysticks. Sometimes is looks as though games are rated better on how much they use this new function. The technology isn't the well developed either considering how often it doesn't perform the motions you direct, but again, everything starts somewhere.

The internet services are free though, it's backwards compatible with all its GameCube games as well as memory cards and controllers, and Virtual Console allows you to purchase old Nintendo and Sega games. Everybody Votes is pretty cool, though some people think it's stupid. :( Overall, I think the internet services are great. I would recommend that someone purchase this system, because it's affordable and will no doubt release great games, but I wouldn't begin to argue that it's the best on the market.

PS3 has pretty much everything the Wii has, except the motions involved with the controller aren't as numerous or strenuous, and there's no motion bar to mess with. There are wireless controllers available as well, and don't require batteries since they charge in the machine. However, this means the controllers won't last forever due to limited charges, and wireless controllers are about $60. The design is the same, but why fix what's not broken.

The machine is technically more powerful, boasting a better graphic engine and more storage, as well as HD compatibility and 7.1 surround, if you can afford or have either of those. It also has a Blu-Ray player, which plays higher quality DVD's, and allows for higher quality games. Each player of the system can have his own user name, which stores individual data. Music, videos, external memory card slots, blahblahblah...

Many people claim that there aren't many good titles released for the PS3, but that's always a matter of opinion. There must be at least as many good games out there for PS3 than Wii, in my opinion anyway, since I don't values Wii's games that much. : I don't know many people who own one, but I've heard pretty good reviews on a few games, unlike personal reviews on Wii games.

The thing that might hurt PS3 the most is cost. To take full advantage of the system and its devices requires considerable expenditure, not to mention the mid-level system at 60GB's is $499.99. I wouldn't recommend this system to someone who considers cost an issue, but I'm sure the ends justify the means. Since you're riding on Daddy's blank check though, I wouldn't sweat it.

I believe the distinct difference between the two is one is underdeveloped and one overdeveloped. All electronics now believe that their product should provide more functionality to the consumer in order to sway customers, but sometimes people just want a gaming system to just play games. The Wii slighted its graphic system to provide more for revolutionary game play and miscellaneous internet functionality at a reasonable cost. The PS3 spared no expense to consolidate all your electronics into a single system, and provided the best graphics of this generation and an updated controller. For this, I would rank each system about the same, but after waving the Wiimote around a little, the PS3 is looking like it might not be so bad after weighing the success of Sony's previous systems against Nintendo.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you're a hard core gamer, you're more likely to be happy with the PS3, as it is a much serious gaming machine in my opinion.

Not saying the Wii is bad, but it really depends.

If you like racers and shooters etc, get the PS3, and also if you like online, if you prefer party games and platformers, etc., go for the Wii.

Actually shooters work pretty well on the Wii, not counting Call of Duty, Far Cry or Red Steel. Metroid Prime 3 is the best example of this, the controls are incredibly responsive and I find aiming easier with the Wii Remote. The PS3 is good for racing games and adventure games I must admit but to me graphics don't matter that much, as long as you can't count the polygons on models. Gameplay is what matters to me most.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally I think you should get the PS3 and that's coming from a Nintendo lover. Not only are the graphics better and the games are more mature, but you get free online, as long as you keep your online service for a while you keep getting PSM(Playstation Magazine). Also PS3 can play Blue-Ray movies which is a good bargain since the Sony Blue-Ray player alone costs $500(which buy the way is way clearer than dvd, has better sound, and more detail,300 looks awsome on it). Also if your in to Square-Enix games and other good Sony titles you can keep up to date with them. The only thing that ticks me off about mine is the games are $60 bucks, but I guess it's the price for great gaming plus you can whip scratches right off the discs which makes the games basically scratch proof(excluding carving into the discs but who would do that).

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The PS3 is a powerful machine for high end gamers.
The Wii is a a motion sensing gamecube.

Datvu has the two systems covered well, but he forgot to mention the new 40 GB model of the PS3 for $400

Oh one more thing if you must play Nintendo exclusives like Pokemon your only choice is Wii.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It was pretty...NOT SMART of you to do a poll of Nintendo vs. Sony when this is a pokemon forums, and probably around 60% atleast of the population of PsyPoke own Diamond and/or Pearl, which means they own a DS, which means they probably like Nintendo. See what I'm getting at? They poll is obviously gonna be biased because of that. This poll would be like going into a dressing room at an arena when a hockey team is in there and asking if they want new equipment or figure skates and spandex. Many people before you have done Wii vs. PS3 threads in here, and almost all of them end in - Wii = 90 votes. PS3 = 20 or so. It would be the exact same if you went on a Sony/Playstation forums, obviously more would prefer PS3 their. On the side of if you should actually get Wii or PS3, it depends. If you have sibblings near your age or are always having relatives and friends over, go for the Wii. If you are a only child or have a sibbling but they are way older and don't really play video games (like my 20 and 18 year old sisters...) then go for the PS3. But that's just one guys opinion...

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a Wii, but I really want to get a PS3. The game play on the Wii is really fun, but graphics are lacking & unless you are playing a game designed for the Wii controllers it can be kind of complicated. I just haven't seen a really great game for the PS3. I have heard the new Ratchet & Clank will be sweet though.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:34 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Datvu has the two systems covered well, but he forgot to mention the new 40 GB model of the PS3 for $400

Nor did I mention the $600 80GB system. Anything below 60GB isn't worth much consideration as far as specs are concerned. It doesn't matter the price anyhow; he's not paying for it.

Auzzie wrote:
It was pretty...NOT SMART of you to do a poll of Nintendo vs. Sony when this is a pokemon forums, and probably around 60% atleast of the population of PsyPoke own Diamond and/or Pearl, which means they own a DS, which means they probably like Nintendo. See what I'm getting at? They poll is obviously gonna be biased because of that. This poll would be like going into a dressing room at an arena when a hockey team is in there and asking if they want new equipment or figure skates and spandex. Many people before you have done Wii vs. PS3 threads in here, and almost all of them end in - Wii = 90 votes. PS3 = 20 or so. It would be the exact same if you went on a Sony/Playstation forums, obviously more would prefer PS3 their.

Some people like to think that others are more broadminded than this. So far, that seems to be the case.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, my dad usually does buy things when he says he doesn't, like for instance, take my laptop, I bought for almost £1000 and my dad says he won't buy it, and he buys it out of the blue :shock: ,it has great graphics , good battery life, good RAM, good Hard drive space(got it in March, this year). Anyway, my dad always does this kind of stuff for me and my sis.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I would get a Wii. I would get it because SSBB is coming out. It is going to be a great game. I have already preorderd Brawl anyway, so I am obliged to a Wii. There should be other good games too.

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:25 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've always been a portable Gamer, I wish i known about RO- Ahem, I always went with portable systems, Psp is my first Sony item, the Wii, will be my first system to be plugged into the wall, good thing is, Multiplayer, Internet, Fun stuff. I like Fun over Awesomeness, so its wether you like out there stuff that nintendo does (touch screens and TWO SCREENS!?) or the Solid graphics and hardcore experience that makes your eyes water its so good. (My eyesight went bad when i started playing the Psp....)

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well Roar of Time, you might get lucky and get both. I thought my sister and I would not get another system, but we did get a PS3. The main reason we got it was because our dad had a thing for the b-ray stuff and at the deal we got it came with B-ray, Spinder Man 3.

I can safely say that the PS3 is a reinvented PS2 system, yeah it has direct internet connection, (that is if you have a wireless soure, or a cable for it), music, and other stuff, but all it has game wise is graphics. The controller is overall the same, just wireless.

The Wii is a whole new system, made from scratch. Maybe since they had room they added Gamecube abilities to it *Note: not all of what the Gamecube abilities can work on Wii. Example, Gamboy Player.* They made it to what is important to gaming. I heard that someone said that shooters are better played on the PS3, well that is most incorrect. Now the motion system isn't perfect, but it's going places, to something new that 360 and PS3 didn't dare to do. There may be many 'mini games' for that system but it will change soon.

So overall it's what you want. If you are into many functions, cool graphics, and so on then you want the PS3, but if you value the things that really give the games kick, gameplay, then choose the Wii.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

why?

because PS3 is more like a computer than a console and all those stuff u keep hearing bout it does not really make it better.
and Wii is cheaper

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]