It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 

Overall, which of the next generation consoles is most appealing to you?
Playstation 3 19%  19%  [ 48 ]
Wii 57%  57%  [ 142 ]
X-Box 360 22%  22%  [ 55 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 251

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Craziac wrote:
PS3 all the way! Sony is Pretty Much the best when it comes to Electronics and Graphics. I've also been hearing bad things about Microsoft ant the Xbox360, and the Wii? Don't get me wrong or anything, it looks pretty good and a select few of the games look interesting but comon', a T.V. Remote styled controller? thats evil...what happened to the way video games used to be played?

Besides, Playstation3 has the new Sonic game.

Well... I do believe we have a fanboy :/

I don't want to start an arguement, but we always get people on here saying that the Wii is the best because the other two consoles are too expensive, and we also get 360 fans who just say that nothing beats the 360.

Craziac is only doing the same, and at least he is giving reasons for his view.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Inferno... I don't think you know what a fanboy is. A Fanboy is someone that refuses to accept that the system they adore has even the slightest flaw and give stupid/ignorant reasons to why other consoles suck. Another indicator is saying that their chosen system is perfect. Now I do believe Craziac said "Sony is pretty much the best when it comes to electronics and graphics" Now that sounds like a fanboy to me. I'm not saying that he's the only person in this thread that is being a fanboy but he has a fairly fanboy attitude.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OK, yeah, I'll agree with that, I was just pointing out that calling him a fanboy doesn't prove anything really.

Sorry, never mind.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Inferno... I don't think you know what a fanboy is. A Fanboy is someone that refuses to accept that the system they adore has even the slightest flaw and give stupid/ignorant reasons to why other consoles suck. Another indicator is saying that their chosen system is perfect. Now I do believe Craziac said "Sony is pretty much the best when it comes to electronics and graphics" Now that sounds like a fanboy to me. I'm not saying that he's the only person in this thread that is being a fanboy but he has a fairly fanboy attitude.

You give me some flaws of the Playstation then call back...and don't say the price because im not so cheap as to buy less expensive consoles...im a big spender.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

2x4b wrote:

You give me some flaws of the Playstation then call back...and don't say the price because im not so cheap as to buy less expensive consoles...im a big spender.

And thank you for proving my point. That is all.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:53 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

The game selection is going to be poor, at least until Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts III, and Metal Gear Solid 4 come out. That of course, will eventually change.

However, the price IS an issue for us middle class people. See, not all of us have rich parents to buy us whatever we want. ;)

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Let's see.

The game selection is going to be poor, at least until Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts III, and Metal Gear Solid 4 come out. That of course, will eventually change.

However, the price IS an issue for us middle class people. See, not all of us have rich parents to buy us whatever we want. ;)

Oh my parents don't buy me everything i want. i have something called a "SUMMER JOB" which allows me to make the money i need to make purchases like that.....

Oh and for 2x4b: the only flaws i've heard of the ps3 were that they blow up, which is probably an exageration on account that it was my friend who said that and also happens to be a Microsoft fanboy.

So lets "NOT" get into a big flame war about fanboyism

Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh, and what's that? The 360 has a 30-50% chance of melting within the first two years? What a shame!

Still, for Krisp, there are plenty of good PS3 games around. There's MotorStorm, Resistance, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, and plenty more.
There's also the downloadable games, which you should look into before you come to conclusions. The PS3 has an excellent array of downloadable games, such as flOw, Calling all Cars, WarHawk, and Super Stardust HD. Plus plenty of good demos and trailers!

Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

MotorStorm

Terrible.
Inferno wrote:
Resistance

I'll give you that one.
Inferno wrote:
Rainbow Six

Released on the 360 a year earlier.
Inferno wrote:
Oblivion

Same as Rainbow Six.
Inferno wrote:
and plenty more.

Clearly not...

The thing is, most of Sony's flagship titles, the games they were depending on to move PS3s, either are no longer Sony-exclusive or have jumped ship to the 360 entirely.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Inferno wrote:
MotorStorm

Terrible.
Inferno wrote:
Resistance

I'll give you that one.
Inferno wrote:
Rainbow Six

Released on the 360 a year earlier.
Inferno wrote:
Oblivion

Same as Rainbow Six.
Inferno wrote:
and plenty more.

Clearly not...

The thing is, most of Sony's flagship titles, the games they were depending on to move PS3s, either are no longer Sony-exclusive or have jumped ship to the 360 entirely.

OK, I agree that Oblivion and Rainbow Six aren't PS3 only, but MotorStorm is a great game, it's virtually all I play on. Also, there lots of games coming out, and which are currently available which are awesome. It's just I was only mentioning the ones that I own, because they'd be easier to discuss.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The PS3 is O.K and since Halo 3 came out recently the 360 has gotten better cuz Halo 3 is awesome. My family would like to get a Wii.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:18 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

ps3 i heard that is a stealer it steal from xbox 360 and the wii

xbox 360 in everygame it got sum good graphics no 1 can lie about that

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

xbox 360 in everygame it got sum good graphics no 1 can lie about that

Actually, you can lie about it, but why would anyone want to?

Yeah, I agree, the 360 has got good graphics, but Microsoft themselves have admitted that the PS3 has the potential to have better graphics. Still, that's potential, not realism.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't understand why we have to be so zealous about our consoles. Why does one console have to be excellent and the others suck? The whole console war, and argument just does not make any sense to me.

Just because I own a Wii, do I have to pretend my Wii is the greatest thing to grace the earth since donuts? Just because I can enjoy great games like Zelda, Metroid and Resident evil 4 do I have to pretend that Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4 and Resistance: Fall of Man suck? Of course not.

I declare now that I like GAMES. I'm a gaming enthusiast and I like to play GAMES. And I don't care which system you have or I have because each system had/has/will have games that I will enjoy. And because of that I think that the true gaming enthusiasts should stop these petty arguments over which console is better and should just play the games they love.

/steps off soap box

:D

Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't understand why we have to be so zealous about our consoles. Why does one console have to be excellent and the others suck? The whole console war, and argument just does not make any sense to me.

Just because I own a Wii, do I have to pretend my Wii is the greatest thing to grace the earth since donuts? Just because I can enjoy great games like Zelda, Metroid and Resident evil 4 do I have to pretend that Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4 and Resistance: Fall of Man suck? Of course not.

I declare now that I like GAMES. I'm a gaming enthusiast and I like to play GAMES. And I don't care which system you have or I have because each system had/has/will have games that I will enjoy. And because of that I think that the true gaming enthusiasts should stop these petty arguments over which console is better and should just play the games they love.

/steps off soap box

:D

Very good point. Now get back on that soap box, and make sure everyone agrees with you! :)

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

lol, nooo if people want to argue they'll argue, regardless of what I say... darn you people! *shakes fist*

Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Not everybody has said which system they like and dissed the other ones. As of right now, I want all of the systems because of one game they have. The Xbox 360 has Halo 3, the Playstation 3 will have the new Ratchet and Clank game, and the Wii will have Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I want all these games. Which in turn, means I need all three systems. The Xbox 360 seems like the system I have a greater chance of getting. The PS3 cost too much for my family and I am not having luck finding a Wii. The Xbox 360 cost only $20-$30 (I can't remember) dollars more than the Wii. That is since the price cut. I can find it as well.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:21 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a Wii & the game play is insane. I love the interaction. The graphics aren't great, but I don't think that was the direction Nintendo intended to go.
I have played a lot on the 360(I want that). The graphics are amazing. I really want one for 2 reasons. The new Naruto RPG & the Force Unleashed come next spring.
I haven't played a PS3 that much, but it looks amazing visually. So far I'm really disappointed that they haven't released a great title to go with the console :( . I hope they have some huge plans though. I really want one, but can't justify it until a legit game is announced.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A good titled game for the PS3 would be Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. At least I would think. It is a good series for the Sony family.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The PS3 is currently a little low on games.
But there are also many upcoming much hyped games coming out on the PS3.
The price of the new 40 GB PS3 is $400. (Price of the 360)

Now that the Halo hype is going down, I want to see what Microsoft is gonna pull out of their money filled wallet and stack of broken 360s.

The Wii has a huge lack of 3rd party support.
Sure there are always a few good ones but overall not many.
There is also a Wii shortage.

Here in NY with the release of Super Mario Galaxy, there will be 250 Wiis for sale at the Rockefeller Center with the release.
Wow.
So many Wiis

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I prefer the XBox 360 over the Wii; I can't speak for the PS3 though, seeing as i've never played one. The Wii games just seem to... childish. I'll give the Wii an intuitive control system, but it severely lacks in gameplay. Severely. The XBox 360 may not have motion controllers, but it's got the better games. TimeShift, GoW, Halo 3, Oblivion, Overlord, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and others.

I just think that between the Wii and XBox 360 the 360 is an overall better system, even though it does melt down.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is the Xbox 360 really bad for messing up?

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:29 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

PS3 is to big and ***** XBox 360 has the three red ring problem and wii controler can be a little confusing but vote for Wii

Last edited by pokej on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the Wii bacause it offers a new style of game play with the Remote and Numchuk. Also, it fit into my price budget although the prices for the other two consoles went down slightly.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well i argee with undertaker!
after using a normal remote for at least 10 years!
i decided to to go for a change!so i went for the wii+it is the right price for a console the rest are dear!

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next