It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Sonic the Hedgehog EC | OVER 

The Final Two
Poll ended at Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:32 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog "Blue Blur" 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Knuckles the Echidna "Knucklehead" 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 20

Sonic the Hedgehog EC | OVER 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

READ THIS

This is an Elimination Challenge for Sonic characters. Go look up what an Elimination Challenge is, for I've no time to tell you; it's starting now.

Each round will end in two days. Meaning this one will end on Halloween night. Vote quickly before your character gets booted!

Silver/Tails

Not my favorite, but I don't predict as many boot votes for the ones I like better. / Really annoying, and seems like his only purpose is to make everyone else look bad for being associated with him.

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I love big robots....in the right ways >_>/I agree with pellzebub, and I never really understood why he exists. Sure, he has a purpose, but so do some people in this world, but are they really needed? No.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't see how you people can vote Tails off before all the failtastic Sonic characters in existence. Especially before Amy Rose, Sonic's stalker.

The originality in some of the characters is just...astounding. Especially Silver and Shadow. [/sarcasm]

Last edited by Krisp on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.

I think he is awesome. His attitude and everything./I despise annoying stalkers.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shadow/Amy Rose

I think he is awesome. His attitude and everything./I despise annoying stalkers.

Fail.

Tails/Amy Rose

His voice is annoying, but he's cute./Worthless.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Because / AAAUGH!

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I finally found somethig that's anywhere near as cute as Eevee/Just like Entei: Afraid of water, over-reated and useless in battle.

By the way, you missed out Queen Aleena (Sonic's mum), Manic (Sonic's brother) and Sonia (Sonic's Sister). They're from Sonic Underground.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shadow is a bad ass character. Amy is a stalker as everyone has said.

Karnage wrote:
The originality in some of the characters is just...astounding. Especially Silver and Shadow. [/sarcasm]

Silver and Shadow are more original than you think. Just because they are both hedgehogs they will resemble Sonic in some ways but that doens't mean they are not original. You come up with a hedgehog character that would be in your terms more original than Shadow, and Silver.

Silver, do you even see his do anywhere else in the Sonic series. No, and his shoes and gloves are different from anyone else.

Shadow, he was highlights, something no Sonic Character has had, and the highlights are natural so he's not a single color character. He is also not bold on his chest and arms like Sonic, he even has patch of white hair on his chest. He as different gloves than the others, and has hover shoes.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

One is my favourite Sonic character, the other I wanna chuck onto the road :evil:

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Takes Sonic the Hedgehog, and pumps him up to be exactly three times as powerful. (Yes, I bothered to figure that out. Sheesh, do I have no life or what?)/There isn't room in the universe for two Eggmen (or is it Eggmans?), let alone having to deal with the ravings of one. Having to listen to two make extravagant claims must be a nightmare.

- DNA

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Immunity: Shadow
Boot: Amy

Sonic/Espio

My favorite Sonic video game character. I was shocked when Sonic had more boot than immunity votes, even if it was only one. He's cool, fast, and the fact that he's blue doesn't hurt. :( / "LOL I'M A NINJA AREN'T I COOL?" lame

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:24 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wow, I can't believe something retarded like Shadow won immunity.

Blaze / Silver

Great character, but spoilers: [size=0]should've kissed Sonic :([/size] / showing exactly how much originality Sonic Team has

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

[highly irrelevant reasoning] / [highly irrelevant reasoning]

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Unlike Espio, Vector is not lame to be one of the few reptiles of the series / ZOMGEEZ! Overatedness made
BLUE!

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Silver is highly original, different look for a hedgehog with psychic powers./ Nega is laking a lot as a character, only two appearances and confusing.

To Krisp: Look at my first post on this topic.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favorite classic Sonic character / He just seems like the most lame out of the whole bunch.

Last edited by mr.m.m.j. on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Awezomenzz dudez! / Oh..god...2 eggmans!!!?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:08 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Emerl/Eggman Nega

Takes Sonic the Hedgehog, and pumps him up to be exactly three times as powerful. (Yes, I bothered to figure that out. Sheesh, do I have no life or what?)/There isn't room in the universe for two Eggmen (or is it Eggmans?), let alone having to deal with the ravings of one. Having to listen to two make extravagant claims must be a nightmare.

- DNA

I think I'll vote the same way in this round also. Lol, are people copying my premise? Either way I don't care.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wewt! / Geez, what's WITH him?

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(not that I like him. For reasons see vote.)

Shadow/Sonic

'Shadows' have something to do with ghosts.
dunsparce wrote:
YAY GHOSTS!!!!! {gengar}{gengar}{gengar}{gengar}
/Just like Moltres: Scared of water, over-rated and WAY too short-tempered.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:20 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Immunity: Shadow
Boot: Eggman Nega

NEW RULE: IMPORTANT

Your votes must have sufficient reasoning, or they won't be counted. Take some time to think about just why you dis/like the character.

Insufficient Answer wrote:

Sonic/Tails
He's overrated/Rated perfectly plus isn't blue.

Sufficient Answer wrote:

Espio/Emerl
I really like how serious he stays throughout all situations; he's the only calm one of the Chaotix, so he pretty much keeps the x from being a c. :p I like his use of ninja skills and camouflage, I feel they were a nice addition to the Sonic series, and he's deep voice put me under a spell sometimes. / I feel that the addition of a customizable robot into the sonic series was tacky. Hearing him stutter over and over again was annoying in Sonic Battle, and being able to absorb so many powers at once made him feel overpowered. Sure, he's customizable, but I don't want to feel like I should never use any of the normal characters.

Capische? I want to know WHY you like these characters. And yes, I know I've been victim to this before, which is why I am going to change now, too, along with you. I will post my vote and reasons later, the new, better way.

Silver/Omega
Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Silver is that he's another hedgehog. Hell, I even think he looks cool as a hedgehog, but the mink idea would have truly been a better choice in my eyes, just because we don't need another one of those. Anyways, on to the good things: Silver has just the type of personality that I admire most in characters (OVA version of Tails, Luigi, Bowser Jr., Chuckie Finster) in that despite the fact that he lacks proper competence, he's always always always trying his hardest to succeed, hardest to please. He would've killed Sonic even if it would've killed him if he wasn't stopped by the truth. Yes, he's naive, but that's exactly what leads to his lack of proper competence, which is exactly what makes his desire to succeed so much greater. / I always hated how forced Omega seemed. He wasn't only just put together with Shadow and Rouge for the sake of a power character, but then he kept recurring as if he was actually friends with Shadow. Not only did they show no sort of fondness other than their alliance (which is because of Rouge, mind you) but how exactly does a robot that only wants to destroy have friends? They show no interest in each other, yet they keep going out of their way to team up. Wtf?

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The insufficient answers were kind of amusing me though like "i vote off sonic b/c hes blue and overeated" (whatever that is. What, you've never overeaten at Sonic? :wink: -JsXtm)

Sonic / Silver

He's always been my favorite video game character, ever since I got into video games. His love for chili dogs and his happy personality always kept me watching the TV show and playing the games, until Sega crapped on him after 3D Blast. It's kind of sad people are voting him off for some retarded generic "EMO PUNK!!1" character, because dark characters are supposed to be soooooo cool. / While I think he looks cool in appearance, he's not cool at all. He's a generic, boring, very unnecessary character (Sega is great at creating those.)

edit: Saying my "statement is untrue" doesn't make you right either, because in the end, it's all matter of opinion.

Last edited by Krisp on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Silver has his own powers unlike any other character. Who else pick up 10 or so boxes just with his mind alone. His appearance is special and cool. He brings a whole new kind of hedgehog to the Sonic series. Being from a different time also boosts his ranking as a character./ Cream is a nice girl but not really up to appearing in the main storyline in any Sonic games as a playable character. The only thing she has going for her is her Chao, Cheese, which can kill anything in one tackle *excluding bosses.* Now as cool as a kick butt Chao is, that only lowers her value as a playable character since she can't really do much for herself. She can fly but the way she flies has already been done. *cough*Dumbo*cough*

To Krisp: Silver, generic? Untrue to the fullest exent. You only say that his looks is the only thing hes got but that is a false statement. From the depth of character they gave Silver in his first game, Sonic Next Gen, he is far from generic. So far what you said about him is not supported in any way.

edit: Even opinions have to have support or else they fail. I mean you show no support of this which doesn't help. You don't say how you feel that way. Isn't the new rule to explain how a character is good or bad? Just saying boring and unnessesary, doen't explain much. Now I do respect people's opinions to a degree. Opinions that I don't respect are those that don't explain anything at all. Saying that Amy Rose is a stalker is all too clear, because she chases down Sonic and tries to force him to marry her, but just saying Silver is boring... well why?

Last edited by Groudon King on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

He is amazingly tough. AMAZINGLY tough. He bears a resemblance to Hitmonchan, coz his fists defeat others. Plus he guards the master emerald, a job only a true warrior can do./He is probably the most boastful thing I have ever seen. He thinks he's cool, others think he's cool (especially Amy) but he just goes on about it all day. And he is largely consisting of Chilli dogs. I mean, people need to eat, but how much does Sonic eat? :mad: :| :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :| :mad:

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:25 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

if I can't kickban akart...

Sonic/Marine the racoon.

Why keep sonic? Idk, maybe because THATS WHO THE SERIES IS NAMED FOR????? Also, he was Sega's emblem - I remember starting up countless SEGA Genesis games with Sonic giving the oh so memorable wag of the finger, followed by the falling sparkles.

Why kick marina? IDK, I've never seen her.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:20 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next