Timid 252SpAtk/Spd
-Surf/Psychic/TBolt/IceBeam

Electivire@ExpertBelt
Adamant 252Atk/Spd
-CrossChop/Eq/TPunch/IcePunch

Driftblim@Lum
Bold 252Def/SpDef
-Stockpile/Rest/ShockWave/ShadowBall

BUT, i see now, I have some SEVERE Overlapping of move types, 3 Electric Moves, 2 ice, So, i'm thinking of Gengar Or Alakazam.
Gengar, gets the awesome Imunitys of Drifblim, only with awesome Special Offencive Stats. Alakazam Just has AWESOME stats.

Gengar/'Zam over Starmie (maybe with a Choice item, I will go for good IVs though)
Gengar gets Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse and some other good stuff including Haze.
Having the Gengar Factor means Drifblim has no place and is Obsolete. A possible Replacement I think, would be an offensive Skarm.

the ev spread is from smogon and the moveset, Offensive Skarm.

Skarmory@ShedShell(the 'AHH! ITS A MAGNEPWN!' Item.)
Keen Eyes
Jolly 252Hp/72atk/180spd (the ev spread is from smogon,(and the moveset) but i like it.)
-SwordsDance
-Drill Peck
-X-Scissor
-Roost

Would a Gengar/'Vire/Skarm Combo work better than My Starmie/'Vire/Drifblim combo? And, How do you get a Gengar to work!?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For Gengar, I recommend it to hold a Focus Sash. Put Destiny Bond on it also, So you'll at least take down 1 Pokemon with Gengar.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

to go a long way (im assuming youre trying to get 100, right?) you need some defense. sweepers are good to blast your way to a certain point, but theres no way youll keep getting lucky for ever. my team was

salamence @ choice band
jolly, 252 att/spd, 6 hp
earthquake/rock slide/aerial ace/brick break

blissey @ leftovers
calm, 252 hp/def. 6 sp def
thunderwave/aromatherapy/softboiled/seismic toss

suicune @ chesto
serious, cant remember exact EVs (lots of hp probably max, almost max def, a bit of spd and st atk)
calm mind/rest/surf/ice beam

blissey = special wall, nothing much to say except that it totally nullifies any special sweeper you come accross. also useful for paralyzing opponents, and healing your team.

suicune = physical wall and special sweeper (and special wall after a couple of calm minds). pressure staller also, takes ice beams meant for salamence.

salamence = hit-man. deals the final blow, and KO's opponents it can deal with easily. intimidate also makes suicune's job easier.

this team got me a 102 win streak, and i could have won the 103rd too if i wasnt so delighted (and distratced) to have got past 100 lol. it is actually completely unchanged from the team that got me 104 wins in the emerald battle tower, so i know there could be some better moves, especially on salamence (maybe dragon claw over brick break or aerial ace - i like AA because it beats the opponents who use double team, but BB is good for tyranitar).

now i have a bold suicune (from GTS) so it would probably do better.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thanks Cuddles, So, Your saying 1 Sweeper, a Sponge and a Wall?

Seeing as my best is 41, I'm going to take your Advice. I'm thinking That replicating your team would be hard. I lost my Firered, So trading would be the thing. Do you mind if i try and replicate your team?

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

of course i dont mind :) it would be cool if it worked for someone else too ;)

the whole strategy involves keeping all three alive for the whole battle (especially if you dont know what all their pokemon are yet). its pretty annoying when i end up with just blissey against their gengar. but with PP maxes on all moves, it does sometimes manage to outstall them and then win a struggle war (where they take lots of recoil damane). you need to learn how/when to switch, because there is sometimes a lot of switching involved.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

to go a long way (im assuming youre trying to get 100, right?) you need some defense. sweepers are good to blast your way to a certain point, but theres no way youll keep getting lucky for ever. my team was

suicune @ chesto
serious, cant remember exact EVs (lots of hp probably max, almost max def, a bit of spd and st atk)
salamence @ choice band
jolly, 252 att/spd, 6 hp

blissey @ leftovers

blissey = special wall, nothing much to say except that it totally nullifies any special sweeper you come accross. also useful for paralyzing opponents, and healing your team.

suicune = physical wall and special sweeper (and special wall after a couple of calm minds). pressure staller also, takes ice beams meant for salamence.

salamence = hit-man. deals the final blow, and KO's opponents it can deal with easily. intimidate also makes suicune's job easier.

this team got me a 102 win streak, and i could have won the 103rd too if i wasnt so delighted (and distratced) to have got past 100 lol. it is actually completely unchanged from the team that got me 104 wins in the emerald battle tower, so i know there could be some better moves, especially on salamence (maybe dragon claw over brick break or aerial ace - i like AA because it beats the opponents who use double team, but BB is good for tyranitar).

Yeah, This works...
I made 140 win streak,with a similar team...

{salamence} @ choice band
jolly, 252 att/spd, 6 hp
-Dragon Claw
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang

{blissey} @ leftovers
Bold, 252 hp/def. 6 sp def
Natural Cure
-Seismic Toss
-Counter
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

{togekiss} @Salac B.
Modest Hp/Def:150 S.Att:210
Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Aura Sphere

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

suicune @ chesto
salamence @ choice band
jolly, 252 att/spd, 6 hp

blissey @ leftovers

Yeah, This works...
I made 140 win streak,with a similar team...

{salamence} @ choice band
jolly, 252 att/spd, 6 hp
-Dragon Claw
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang

{blissey} @ leftovers
Bold, 252 hp/def. 6 sp def
Natural Cure
-Seismic Toss
-Counter
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

{togekiss} @Salac B.
Modest Hp/Def:150 S.Att:210
Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Aura Sphere

Just like he said you don't get nowhere if you don't have some defense...

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I'll work on it. Any Advise Before i go and try to replicate your winning team?

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Follow what cuddles said...
he knows what he's doing...
and never lets salamence out against a ice beamer...

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I shall need to Trade off my Organs on Serebii to get a decent Bliss with Toss, and a Decent Sucine. ...I wasn't fond of that Kidney anyway. So, 'Mence is there too 'Niff the phs attkers till 'cune Walls them, And Bliss Absorbs all Attacks from anything not called Gengar. K.

Anything i should know about? Other than the Obious, Label on Salamance 'Not for use in the cold'.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

There is no pokemon with High defence.

Shouldn't Blissey or Suicune be replaced?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I put the flamethrower on my Salamence, not on my Togekiss. And also, don't forget bliss. can learn ice beam!

-psynvrn, 2008

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Something I noticed about that team...

There is no pokemon with High defence.

Shouldn't Blissey or Suicune be replaced?

actually, suicune has very high defense. and HP. at level 100 its defense can be 361, and its hp 404. mine isnt quite that high as its IVs arent perfect, but its close enough. especially when coupled with salamences intimidate it can really wall even the strongest physical attackers.

The Jonatron wrote:
Bliss Absorbs all Attacks from anything not called Gengar. K.

actually you would be surprised how many times my blissey has killed a battle tower gengar. it just stays there while gengar wastes all its moves and then struggles to death ;) and another time it came up against a life orb gengar. same thing - just had to wait it out as its health slowly went down....

The Jonatron wrote:
Right,

Well, I'll work on it. Any Advise Before i go and try to replicate your winning team?

my advice would simply be to practice, and learn how the team fits together. well-timed switches are very important. sometimes you will need to switch salamence in to take the bite off a physical attacker - if you can do that when they are planning to use earthquake then even better. try and keep everyone alive - thats the real key point in making this team work. if you KO someone and they send in another poke who can kill your current battler, then try and switch out. the types are pretty much perfectly chosen so you can almost always do this, but the team isnt perfect. there are a few weaknesses - particularly against ice types who rely on OHKO moves. but if youre seriously giving it a shot, then good luck :) hope you win! (by the way, i used this team to get up to rank 5 in the wifi battle tower, although i had life orb on the salamence and it had earthquake, dragon claw, crunch, brick break - probably not the best moveset.)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am, Serriously going to do this, Infact, im going to Serebii to Get them now.

(Tears out a Kidney)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am, Serriously going to do this, Infact, im going to Serebii to Get them now.

(Tears out a Kidney)

If you want i can pass my {blissey} to you...
If you know how to clone ,of course...

she is bold nature 252 ev Hp and Def...
and the moves i posted...

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

:cry: Thats so sweet.... Nah, i cant clone though I think someones giving me one as we speak, a Emerld Breeder Person, I think im getting one now :)

BTW: Is there any Advantage from +Def on Bliss? I'd have thought that Blissey would be staying to hell away from Phs Attacks...

BTW,BTW: Whats the EV spread on your Suicune? no-one tells me these things.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:cry: Thats so sweet.... Nah, i cant clone though I think someones giving me one as we speak, a Emerld Breeder Person, I think im getting one now :)

BTW: Is there any Advantage from +Def on Bliss? I'd have thought that Blissey would be staying to hell away from Phs Attacks...

BTW,BTW: Whats the EV spread on your Suicune? no-one tells me these things.

I use salamence's intimadate for weakning the foe,
then i use blissey to beat them using counter,with double power...
believe me,it hurts...

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

that intimidate + counter combo sounds nice. i have a blissey with counter (instead of thunderwave) and im sure it would go well against the masses of garchomps in the battle tower.

as for my suicune's EV spread, well i think my current one has pretty much max hp and def. calm mind takes care of sp def and sp att. we obviously dont care about attack at all. its speed isnt that amazing, but you might want to add some EVs if you have a specific target in mind (eg, i gave my old suicune a small number so it could outspeed max speed jolly marowak, but my new bold one has better IVs).

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, i'll see what the Smogon Archives have to say regarding Targets, Thanks y'all.

(Oh yeah, i found one, a Modest one so its worked out decently :D )

BTW: Should i fail at getting a Toss/Bell Bliss from my contact, where would you fine folks recomend getting one? (Bagon has all +20 atk/spd IVs and my now complete Suicune has a Pitiful 7/0/0/0/0/0 IV spread.)

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry for Double posting, but its been something like a Week,

What move combo's for salamence do you all think?

Cudles: earthquake/rock slide/aerial ace/brick break
Or
Bushin: Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace/Earthquake/Thunder Fang

I prefer Thunder Fang over the Rock move for its Accuaracy, But the Toss up of BrickBreak>/<DragonClaw... Dragon Claw gets neutral on everything not Steel(something BrickBreak gets(*EQ doesn't always get Bronzongs))

(id say more, but i gtg right now, i'll finish this tomorrow)

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

salamence is tricky to work out a moveset for. it has too many for its own good. i would love mine to have:

dragon claw, aerial ace, earthquake, rock slide, brick break, thunder fang, fire fang, crunch, fire blast (for a physical wall), zen headbutt, and im sure im missing planty of good options.

at the moment i have earthquake, dragon claw, crunch, brick break.

just about any combination should be ok though. im trying to beat bushin's record lol :lol: - but im up to about 63 at the moment i think. its slow going ;)

Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm reconing ThunderFang would be better over RockSlide for its Accuracy, Although there is... (wispers) ...Rock Tomb... Although Stab on Dragon Claw is something that rocks. I wonder, Does Salamence take out Metagross with much Bother? OH-KO on Metagross would rock, but is it possible from 'Mence?
BrickBreak gets neutal on the psy/steels, SE on the Rocks and steels, and gets as you said, T-Tar owned.

Do the BT-Tar pack Ice Beam?

What are the other Threats further on in the battle tower?

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]